Jane's DFTW TR: Wedding Day Video Link added 11/13

Yes We really wanted him but we just cant fit it in our budget now, we are looking at apex media but i must admit i loved the stylised that stan does

Yes We really wanted him but we just cant fit it in our budget now, we are looking at apex media but i must admit i loved the stylised that stan does

Have you talked to him and told him what you want? Are apex media much cheaper?

yes i found him to be a bit unhelpful when we asked about the prices and maybe adjusting them.

I have had a quote for 4 hours and editing and 3 dvds for $760.5 thats with a 10% discount for a weekday wedding and if I paid in full i would get another 5%

When i spoke to stan the only package he would do for me was the stylised intimate one which was 4 hours for $1675 so thats double

How strange I found him really helpful. That is the price we are paying with a bit extra for him coming to the DP. I know how picky I am when it comes to filming so I'm happy with the price and I have warned him I will be a nightmare when it comes to the proofing stages. I'm just having to make Darren work more overtime :)

Your other quote is great as long as you are happy with their work I would say book them.

i'm so indisive and would love stan but i'm worried we wont be able to afford it! we have just over 6 months and we are a little behind on savings so I dont want to spend more and then have to worry about saving more!

We have had loads of things go wrong that have had to come out of our savings so i'm a bit worried about it all now

Apex is just normal really no real special effects

We are in the same boat as you when it comes to savings. Every month something has cropped up costing more money. Thats why I can't upgrade our photographer package. I have promised Darren the extras that we do have will cost as little as possible.

I'm quite worried about it all and I really need to stick to the $10,000 minimum as much as I can. The deposit being a holding deposit really hasn't helped. I'm praying that they will let that cost come off of the total because if they send us back the $1500 as a cheque we can't pay it in anywhere.

As much as I don't want to we may have to get a 0% purchases credit card for a few bits and pay it off when we come home.

We are in the same boat as you when it comes to savings. Every month something has cropped up costing more money. Thats why I can't upgrade our photographer package. I have promised Darren the extras that we do have will cost as little as possible.

I'm quite worried about it all and I really need to stick to the $10,000 minimum as much as I can. The deposit being a holding deposit really hasn't helped. I'm praying that they will let that cost come off of the total because if they send us back the $1500 as a cheque we can't pay it in anywhere.

As much as I don't want to we may have to get a 0% purchases credit card for a few bits and pay it off when we come home.

I know what you mean! we havent got our BEO yet and i'm dreading it! I'm going to stick to the min if it kills me! I know my bank charges me to cash a us dollar cheque! I'm hoping to try and get my planner to agree to have the 1500 towards the payment and not have it back, that would help so much.

Darren has just told me to tell the planner everything I would like and then he will have the fun cutting the costs when we get our BEO. Not that I want anything major but I would like chair covers to personalize the room a bit but I know they will be one of the first things to go.

thats what we did the other week when we went down, Rob said put everything on there and thats worse case. The we know we can cut it. If you go in and dont put anything on then its a massive budget your stuck

I'm cutting around 5000 already as I saw the carriage and was a little disappointed by it really, it looks so tired and old i thought and Rob was not impressed either. I also added the canopy of tulle for the ceiling, thats like 2500 so thats going straight away.

We also have a slipper dessert and light slipper sorbet and a dessert party so i think the slipper dessert will go and then i think we may just had bride and groom strawberries at the party as i want the cake to be eaten and not wasted but we shall see

Darren has already said no to the carriage he wants to go with one of the cars. I also wanted the slipper dessert but that is out as I also want the cake eaten as dessert.

The one thing that Darren wants and I have to keep in is the Major Domo as he isn't having any groomsmen/best man he wants him to bring in our wedding rings.

I'm also going to order Darren the slipper dessert when we have our ADR at CRT so we still get to see it and eat it :).

yes we are having the major domo, cos we are not having a disco he is good to announce us into the reception etc, we are not telling anyone about him either. We have two best men so i'm not sure how we are going to trick them into believing they have the ring!

I'm tempted by the ford they have. I saw the rolls and its just like the ones we have hear, infact it prob is cos its right hand drive!

I also saw the limos and they are just normal white ones as well

the dessert was nice but no way worth what you pay for it. the slipper was just filled with cream (well it tasted like it) and then a really rich chocolate mouse. Its great if you are just buying one but for everyone at the wedding its a lot and then to have cake and a dessert party is what to much sweet stuff!

The food is really large portions as well, we are only haveing 3 courses and hopefully sorbet and we were stuffed after the tasting and they said that these are not the portions for the wedding!

Did you take any pictures of the Ford? We ere thinking of going with the Rolls but the Ford is that little bit cheaper.

No one is going to know about the Major Domo for our ceremony either, I'm not really into having him but as it is one of Darren's few requests I think we should include him.

If we are able to have Mickey we are also going to keep him secret

no i only saw the rolls and carriage as we saw weddings using them. Outside the grand is an old cadilac(sp!) which looks like the ford which i love so i think we will have that and its alot cheaper than the carriage.

I would love mickey but i'm not allowed him! I might sneek it in if the budget permits and not tell df!!

We aren't 100% on having Mickey as I didn't want to do the first dance thing with them, but my planner said we don't have to do that. I really want him there for photos with him in my wedding dress. Also my brother hates Disney so he will have to have photos with him if he is there.

we have had so many jokes about goofy marrying us etc i would just like the pics as well but df is like no i dont want our wedding to be a joke! i think he is warming to the idea as I got the major domo which he didnt want as well!

we have had so many jokes about goofy marrying us etc i would just like the pics as well but df is like no i dont want our wedding to be a joke! i think he is warming to the idea as I got the major domo which he didnt want as well!

We have had the same thing. Which is one of the reasons why I want our wedding filmed so people back home can see that our wedding is a normal wedding and not a joke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter