Jane's DFTW TR: Wedding Day Video Link added 11/13

I'm so glad you got your planner! Did you schedule your planning session yet?

Unfortunately we can't get over to Florida before our wedding as our work holidays and money just doesn't allow it. So our wedding trip will be my DF's first time at Disney.

You must tell me all about your planning session and post lots of pictures. I make even take your advise on the menus you try

I'm doing my planning session on 5th feb so I'll make sure i take loads pics for you!

I finally got all the planning information from my planner and started to fill in our questionnaire this is where we got stuck. We want to have a back to front reception, we want to have a cake cutting ceremony and Mickey to visit us during our pre-reception and the our dinner to lead naturally to our dessert party. So I sent my planner a huge email that stated how we wanted our day to pan out. She e-mailed me back saying that she wanted to talk to me!

Now I was slightly worried as I have heard that some planners don't like to bend the rules but our planner is quite happy to work with us in achieving what we want. She is suggesting that we have our pre-reception for an hour and a half, then dinner from 5 to 7.30 moving on to our dessert party at 8 and leaving at 9.30. I don't know how much this will all cost but I sure we will find that when we do our official phone planning session. This will be arranged when we get our filled in questionnaire back to her.

I also had some very big cake worries. We are having a wishes wedding but only have 12 confirmed guests. The minimum cake size that was on the list is for 50 people. This really worried me as that is a lot of cake to throw away. So I asked if we can have a two tier cake as we have such a small number of people. She is also happy to work with us on this and they will let us have a two tier, again no idea of cost yet.

All I have to do is complete the questionnaire this weekend and hopefully we can plan in a bit more detail.

we were told that we could have a 2 tier mad hatter but i dont know how many that feeds

I think she said a two tier would feed 30 people. Still quite a bit extra for my 12 guests but not as much as 50 would be.

jane, i bet you'd be able to save the top layer from the 2 tier for your anniversary and the guests would be able to eat the bottom layer, and barely any would go to waste!

jane, i bet you'd be able to save the top layer from the 2 tier for your anniversary and the guests would be able to eat the bottom layer, and barely any would go to waste!

Aren't there restrictions on what food items you can fly back to the UK?

Yes I think there is but don't worry we will ALL still be in Disney the week after our wedding so I can force feed everyone wedding cake every night :rotfl2:

I thought I would post some pictures of my accessories that I have so far as I finally brought myself some shoes.

Here are my shoes, I got the from BHS wedding collection and they only cost £30,

dsc00087rl6.jpg

I think the detail on the toe will match the beading on my dress.

dsc00088ld8.jpg

I treated myself to some items in the Swarovski shop as I would like to pass these items down to my own daughter, if I ever have one, or my nieces.

dsc00085br6.jpg

dsc00080jf2.jpg

dsc00079tl8.jpg

dsc00081of5.jpg

The earrings were my Christmas present from my parents.

love the necklace and tiara.

we want an upside down reception as well. I havent talked to my planner about it yet! as we only have the vidoegrapher for a short while i want the first dance and cake cutting to be done before they leave and i dont really want the video of us eating dinner!

I was really worried that our planner wouldn't want to work with us but she seams to be very helpful so far. We have our phone planning session on Tuesday so I suppose we will know more then.

We have Stan booked for four hours to film the day. Our ceremony is at 2.30 pm and we will be sitting down to eat at 5.00 pm. Giving us and hour and a half pre-reception time to do the cake cutting, possible mickey mouse visit and group photos during this time on the patio. So if Stan turns up at 1 pm he should get everything that we want filmed.

Now I just have to make up my mind what to do about the photographer for our dessert party.

I forgot to add we also picked up the bridesmaids tiara's this week. Here is a better photo of them.

dsc00077fo0.jpg

Yes I think we are going to do disney for that as all the dp photos i have seen are all the same us with fireworks in the background! If I knew my dad could be trusted I would get him to do it as he has a really good digital slr camera but I know he will prob muck them up!

For 350 its not bad as I dont really want to go up a package with misty

Yes I think we are going to do disney for that as all the dp photos i have seen are all the same us with fireworks in the background! If I knew my dad could be trusted I would get him to do it as he has a really good digital slr camera but I know he will prob muck them up!

For 350 its not bad as I dont really want to go up a package with misty

I would love to have Misty to stay on but what with her costs going up and wanting us to jump up two packages so she will stay for the DP the costs are just to much at the moment. We are running out of time savings wise :)

I'm going to talk to the planner about using Disney for the DP but I would like the photos to be supplied on a disc if possible. I know is $750 for the Magic Kingdom photos on a disc I'm hoping that it won't be that much more to add DP ones to it.

Yes I would as well but didnt ask that, When you find out can you post it, I have just emailed my planner and she is out of the office doing weddings till monday so I'll doubt I will hear back from her.

What package did you go with with stan??

What package did you go with with stan??

We have gone with the stylized package based on Summer's video as it is what I had been looking for. I wanted to edit my own video but I didn't trust any of my family filming the day and as we are only a small group I want them all to be able to relax.

I have also asked for him to come back to our DP. I know it is really expensive but I really like him and it has really become important for us to have our day filmed and this is something I never thought I would want.

Let me know if you find out about the images on a CD as your planner may get back to you before we talk to ours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter