I've never felt so violated **UPDATE POST 34**

When I was a kid we had someone break into our home when we weren't there. I remember feeling so upset that someone had been in my house, my room, stealing stuff, while we weren't there. My siblings all felt the same. I'm sure my parents did too. Violated is the right word. You feel like a stranger in your own home or something.
I hope the car and stolen goods are recovered and whoever did this to you is caught.

I'm sorry to hear that, neighbor (I'm in Abington). what a nightmare to deal with :sad2:

That sucks. My car was stolen right out of our driveway in July. Luckily, I got my car back the same day (ran out of gas -- ha ha!!). DH pulled off the steering wheel cover and chucked it before he would drive it. It just felt "scuzzy". We scoured that car from top to bottom, washed the seat covers, etc. It's just gross. You don't know what scumbags they were, if they left dangerous drug residue in your car, etc. :scared1:

I hope you guys get your car back, and in good condition! :thumbsup2

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. You definitely don't need more stress when you're pregnant.

So sorry to hear this, Hugs. :grouphug:

I hope you didn't loose much in the car, and that insurance is cooperative. :hug:

:hug:

I'm sorry this happened to you. Years ago when we lived in CA, we had our car stolen. It's an awful feeling and I felt violated too. Eventually the car was found totally stripped.

It's sad and you have every right to be angry. I hope things work out for you.

He found the car missing... there wasn't a light in the front, only in the back. We will now be getting a light for the front and side.

Oh! I thought maybe they took the motion detector to prevent the lights coming on! I was gonna say!

UGH!! Why does all this stuff happen when you are pregnant too? My car(an adorable VW Convertible) was stollen when I pregnant with ds. I got a call 2 weeks later to say that they found it in the Bronx. I was excited and asked when I could come over to pick it up.
To which he replied
"Um I guess you could push it out but really mam there is nothing left- they stripped it down to the floorboards"
:scared1: So yes I felt violated and then Felt like my car had been assaulted!!Poor car.
Well time to go shopping for a new car! What kind of a car did they steal?

My car was stolen out of my driveway years ago. It really is a surreal experience. I actually started to cry as I reported it to the police. Silly, why would I cry because my "pink" car was stolen? I had painted my wheel rims hot pick, and had hot pink wiper blades, and a hot pink antenna. My car was the talk of the town! WHO would want it????

The police found it a week later, ditched. Nothing was stolen from the car, but the keys were gone. Someone was walking home from a party, looking for a ride. He hit the jackpot with my car, because I had left the keys in the ignition.

:hug: I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you. I hate creeps that do these things. It really does make you feel violated, doesn't it? I went to a concert in Vancouver once and came out to find my car had been broken into, the window shattered and stuff taken. It really causes a wide variety of emotions; anger, fear, resentment, sadness, the feeling of being violated and perhaps the question of personal safety. It's no small thing, regardless of what is going on in the world!

I hope they catch the moron(s) who did that to you and your husband!

My husband's car was stolen and mine was broken into... right in my driveway... overnight.... while we slept :mad: . The police were here at 5:30 this morning taking a report and trying to get fingerprints from the stuff thrown around in my car. I'm sure his car is stripped by now. I know in light of everything going on in the world and what could have happened that this is just a a blip on the radar but it was quite unnerving. We also found out about an hour ago that there were reported prowlers last week on our street that have not been caught. I'm guessing it's all related :guilty: .

:hug: Our car was broken into one evening while we were at a restaurant with our kids. We came back to it to leave and the front passenger window was broken out and the baby's diaper bag was stolen. The trunk was full of stuff since we had just gotten done shopping and none of that was taken, just my daughters diaper bag. I can't think of a better word for the feeling than violated.

I hope they catch the piece of trash that did this to you. :hug:

*** UPDATE ***

Just got a call from the police department. Apparently, there were a few more cars stolen from our neighborhood and one of them had a tracking system. They were able to track it to a parking lot of a local apartment complex so the police set up a survellience (sp?). They also found one of the other cars there. They watched and were able to arrest 3 kids last night and one of them is talking. They did recover 2 vehicles from our neighborhood and another from a different township. The police are checking all the local parking lots and think (based on what this kid is saying) that they will be able to recover my DH's car, although he's sure all of the contents are gone. The insurance claim has already been started so I'm not sure how this will play into that but the police said to continue with the claim, get the check and then turn the car over to the insurance company if it is recovered as we probably won't want it at that point.

Wow, what a good update! Hooray for that tracking device! I want one of those for DH. Him, not his car. ;)

That's some good news. I hope you get your car back.

When we lived in NY we had two cars stolen (one was never recovered). A few years back our car was broken into in our driveway. They stole our diaper bag. It seems they broke into many cars in the neighborhood that night. I know how you feel - it's lousy:headache:

DS#1's car was stolen out of our driveway 3 weeks ago. It didn't get far. It got stuck on the neighbor's mail box and then they took off. The damage? $2800. They went through all of the cars that were not garaged on the street. Sunglasses, cameras. They hit 12 cars in our town that night and stole two. At least DS has his. It is an awful feeling. A week or so later, they found some car thieves one town over with the same MO. I hope that nabbed the guys that hit our street. Good luck to you getting the car back in good condition.

Talk about being pregnant and this happening. I was pregnant and my car was broken into. I had left my wallet under the seat, which they took. Luckily I have no credit cards, nor did I ahve any money in it. I did have an empty checkbook but nothing ever came from it.

The only thing I am upset about that was in it was an ultrasound picture of the baby I was carrying. (my daughter, Rayne..who is now 4)

:hug: Glad they're getting some information. Sorry you're going through this kind of stress!

We came back from having Ami to find DHs back window smashed and his stereo stolen. They took a bunch of CDs too but left his Lee Greenwood :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter