I've never felt so violated **UPDATE POST 34**

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by kdibattista, Sep 18, 2007.

1. kdibattista

kdibattista <font color=darkorchid>It left an indent the size

My husband's car was stolen and mine was broken into... right in my driveway... overnight.... while we slept :mad: . The police were here at 5:30 this morning taking a report and trying to get fingerprints from the stuff thrown around in my car. I'm sure his car is stripped by now. I know in light of everything going on in the world and what could have happened that this is just a a blip on the radar but it was quite unnerving. We also found out about an hour ago that there were reported prowlers last week on our street that have not been caught. I'm guessing it's all related :guilty: .

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mickeyboat

mickeyboat <font color=660099>Nothing like the cream and choc

Oh dear. I am so sorry. I hope they find whoever did this soon.

I can understand why you feel vioalted. We had stuff stolen out of our car while it was in my parents' driveway. It makes you feel terrrible.

(But on a funny note, just wait until you are in labor! :rotfl: )

Denae

4. mrsksomeday

mrsksomeday My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

So sorry to hear about your cars. Maybe a miracle will happen and you will get your hubby's car back. I hope they catch the people that did this to you.

5. mommasita

mommasita DIS VETERAN Moderator

I am so sorry to read this...I know exactly how it feels, and that is the perfect description, violation..:sad2:

I do hope they catch the idiots who did this...:grouphug:

6. Freyja

Freyja <font color=red>Formerly known as Sleepless in Den

I´m so sorry. What a horrible feeling. I hope your home and other belonging will be left alone.

7. Am_I_There_Yet

Am_I_There_Yet Tells little white lies about Santa<br><font color

I know how it feels too! My house was broken into once, and my ex's car was broken into twice.

One time, he stepped into an apartment complex's office to give the manager an invoice, and in that little bit of time, someone stole the DVD screen and his pistol. :mad:

8. Mkrop

Mkrop <font color=coral>I just cant go on demand<br><fon

This stinks, and yes violated is the perfect word! My car was broken into several times while I was attending St Joes in Philly. I was so sick to my stomach I cant even imagine it happening in your own driveway.

Please be careful:grouphug:

9. Hedy

Hedy <font color=blue>I'm <s>22</s> 27 and I still kind

How horrible. :scared1: :grouphug:

10. ChrisnSteph

ChrisnSteph <font color=purple>Ask me about Ben Franklin's bat

I'm sorry. We had a car stolen out of our driveway once, and I felt violated too. Even more so when they found it a few weeks later in a vacant house's garage two blocks away, and seeing what they took and did to the car.

I hope they find the guys who did this to you.

11. stinkerbelle's mom

stinkerbelle's mom <font color=red>Achooo!<br><font color=teal>Good t

Sorry to hear this!!! :hug:

12. mrsltg

mrsltg Guest

I hate people. :sad2: I am so sorry about your cars. Yes, it's horrible and yes it feels like someone has violated you and your safety. :grouphug:

13. AprilShowers

AprilShowers <font color=darkorchid>I'm funny in real life! - I

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Hopefully they find the jerks who did this! :hug:

14. ZachnElli

ZachnElli <font color=green>Is it Spring yet?<br><font color

I'm so sorry this happened to you! This happened to a neighbor, but they got in the garage (they had a garage door opener!) and took her DH's car. Thankfully, it was low on gas and the thief ran out of gas a couple of miles away!

15. Savsmommy

Savsmommy <font color=green>I'm a middle lane girl<br><font

Wow! So sorry that happened to you. :sad2:

16. Jennasis

Jennasis DIS life goes on

I'm so sorry this happened to you guys. I have had my car broken into and defaced as well. Violated is the EXACT right word. I have never been so angry...helpless...

17. tw1nsmom

tw1nsmom DIS Veteran

It may be a blip in the radar of world events, but it's rightfully a seismic jolt in your world! I'm so sorry this happened to you. Hopefully they catch the guys and you can have some peace of mind.:hug:

18. Jillpie

Jillpie Can you package some Main St. music and send it to

Oh Kim, I'm so sorry to hear this. Darn mean people, I hope you guys can find it!!

19. Sherri

Sherri DIS Veteran<br><font color=deeppink>I never though

Wow! Sorry to hear that! Did the dogs start barking in the middle of the night, or did you discover it when you woke up? Did it happend to anyone else on your street?

20. kdibattista

kdibattista <font color=darkorchid>It left an indent the size

Thanks everyone :goodvibes

We didn't hear anything and the dogs didn't bark but they probably would not have heard anything. We keep a fan running overnight to mute any outdoor noises (we back up to the woods where a lot of wildlife runs around) otherwise they would keep us up all night :headache: . We have a motion detector in the back but not on the side where the driveway is. The area is pitch black but it won't be after today. DH found it missing when he was on his way to work.

We haven't heard anything about any other vehicles being affected yet but I did go to a few of my neighbor's houses to give them a heads up.

21. Am_I_There_Yet

Am_I_There_Yet Tells little white lies about Santa<br><font color

The motion detector was missing, or he found the car missing?