• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"I've got a WICKED magic hangover." Trip Report ***FINISHED 12/7***

Aww sorry they didn't want to keep the costumes on! They were cute anyway!!! Sorry for the rough start but I'm glad you got into the MK without any hassle and got started with the party! Can't wait to hear more!!!

The kids look adorable in their costumes! Too bad they wanted to take them off but who can blame them in those temperatures. :goodvibes

I just started reading your TR today and i love it! :thumbsup2
Your kids looked so cute in their costumes! Too bad it was so hot.

Great TR! I like your pictures. Your kids looked cute in their costumes. I don't blame them for taking them off, because of the heat. I never could understand how the little girls could stand being in the princess dresses when it is 95+ degrees??? Your daughters hair looks so cute!

I'm all caught up! Great update Julia! We probably just missed one another..really! We didn't get to the MK that night till after 5 as well. And we went to Tomorrowland first as well! Was that a Boba Fett costume? I think I saw a couple of those...Michael loves Star Wars but he wanted to be a knight this Halloween. :confused3 I was really shocked at how my kids wanted to keep their costumes on...I totally wasn't expecting that!

I can't wait to hear about your first views of Main Street! It's so beautiful, isn't it? :lovestruc

Sara

Hi, fellow Unicorn! I just noticed the link to your trip report in your sig the other day and I thought I'd come along for the ride. :car: I'm loving your TR so far! :thumbsup2 Your kids are adorable! I love that pink costume that your DD was wearing. Too bad it was so hot out there when they wore their costumes. :sad2:

Looking forward to the rest of your trip report! :)

Hey everybody! Just wanted to pop in to say SORRY that I didn't finish that update- our internet was really screwy yesterday due to extremely high winds yesterday! My awesome Minnie pumpkin even had her face blown in before I had a chance to take a picture of her! :sad1:

I'll update tonight after work/dinner/homework! :goodvibes

So we passed under the railroad and onto Main Street. Our very first vision is of the flag retreat! Wow- cool!

WDW119.jpg

WDW122.jpg

Then, it's easy to see how some people's itineraries would go right out of their heads an be forgotten. It's so.... overwhelming. The sights. The sounds. The people. The SIZE!

Thankfully, I remember I want City Hall to be our first stop so I remind the kids they get buttons for their 1st visit! We get in line, and get up to the front after 3 or 4 people ahead of us. The nice cast member asks what can she do for us? I say, "We have 3 first-timers to Disney World!" and she says, "Welcome! How wonderful!" and gives us our pins. DH was a little pouty he didn't get one too. "You've been here!" I remind him. But I don't know, I think they need to come up with a "1st Time as an Adult" pin or something. He just kept saying over and over throughout the trip, "I don't remember this AT ALL." or "Geez, my parent's SUCKED."

We headed down Main Street, the kids wanting to go into every shop they saw. We reminded them we could go into the shops at the end of the night, on our way out of the park, if we felt like it.

WDW127.jpg

About 1/2-way up the street, we got a really good view of the castle.

"Rachael Rachael! Look! Look!" exclaimed Ebin.

WDW128.jpg

My DD, typical, was so over it. "I see it, I see it!" she says. :confused3 Very anti-climactic, that child.

But DS thinks it's beautiful and that makes me happy. Unfortuneately, we didn't get a daytime view of the castle here because there was ONE count 'em ONE photopass photog on the end of Main St.... and one @ the beginning. That's IT. And there was a line so we said oh well- later.

We headed into Tommorowland, stopping to get our Mickey ears first. Ebin picked out Steamboat Willie. Rach picked out festive Bat ears. I picked out the pumpkin ears I'd coveted off the internet for a while.

WDW130.jpg

We arrive to Tommorrowland. 10 minute wait for Buzz. 5 minutes for Stitch and Laugh Floor. Jim has now talked Ebin into Space Mountain. I am MAD! Because these 1st three have no/little wait. Because Ebin HAD CHOSEN BUZZ AND DH HORNSWAGGLED HIM INTO THINKING SM WOULD BE BETTER TO GO FIRST! And I KNOW that SM is going to have a long wait. It's still reg. park hours, remember. It's right around 6ish. Sure enough, it's 40 minutes. The kids are tired. Cranky. Begging to go on a ride.

Carousel of Progress. No wait. It's air-conditioned. Sounds good to me.

I will forever remember that as our first ride as a family at Walt Disney World. The kids wanted to sit in the front row and we let them. We sat behind them, and about 4 seats over. We could see their faces and watch them from our vantage point. I watched the attraction of course. But I watched their faces more. They were adorable. Enthralled. Amazed. Mouths open. Eyes bright and watching. Rachael waving goodbye to the dog every time we moved around. Ebin laughing in delight every time a hidden room lit up and there was something new in it. "How did they DO that?" he would whisper back to us.

It's a great Big Beautiful Tommorow, indeed. :cloud9:

Next, we all did Buzz together. It was AWESOME, of course. We all loved it. I'd done it at DLR, of course, but DD didn't remember it and DS/DH's 1st time. Awesome. Then we split up. Rach and I did TTA and Stitch and the boys did SM. Rach HATED Stitch. Eb loved SM.

WDW143.jpg

We headed over to HM and caught the end of the show in front of the castle. What's that called? Anyway- we all wanted to walk past, but Ebin INSISTED we stopped, and just this morning on the way to work as I was thinking about this TR, I realized it was because this was his very very first sighting of characters ever. How awesome that must have been for him at that moment. I mean, I remember him watching, entranced. But I hadn't realized at the time the weight of that moment. Well we enjoyed that and off we went.

WDW146.jpg

HM was closed w/difficulties so we headed to BTMR. I conned DD into this. She cried the whole time. I am a bad, mean mommy.

We went to Pecos Bills while the boys hit up Splash Mountain and they met up with us. I did the trick of buying the double cheeseburger and a 2nd bun. Totally worked great. More then filling for the two of us. The boys did the same. DH said he could have eaten more but that it was satisfying, nonetheless.

Turns out we were in the perfect spot for the parade! So we watched it from Pecos Bills. The headless horseman was AMAZING. Very thrilling. The kids thought it was very awesome. The parade is very fun. I won't put those pix in here only cause they're not that great and can be found everywhere. My favorite, I think was the hitchiking ghosts. Their dance looked like animatronics. Awesome. The kids LOVED the grave diggers. DH did too.

After this we headed to POTC. We ran into Hook and Smee! Did photopass for that. We all LOVED POTC. I hadn't gotten to do that at Disneyland. Awesome. I loved it. Afterwards, the kids were asked to play a bucket game in the store at the end of POTC. They got cute little certificates for it. Another one for the scrapbook!

WDW196.jpg

Found out JC was closed. Darn. No time for carpets- gotta see if HM is back up! It is! Great!

But before we can get there- the fireworks. We watched from Liberty Square. We could only see our side so we didn't know what we were missing, as far as the entire show, but even from our vantage point, it's a good show.

We get to HM and it's walk-on.

DD is crying in no time. I honestly don't think it would've been that bad. BUT they must've been letting someone in a wheelchair on because we got stuck RIGHT in the hallway w/the changing faces portraits and the staircases w/disappearing footprints and she started freaking out. I had to cover her eyes and sing "It's a small world" into her ears the entire time. She only let me uncover her eyes for the ballroom/birthday party scene and to see the flying instruments. She HATED the bride.

Well, now DD puts her foot down and says WE ARE GOING TO FANTASYLAND. Ok, ok. So we hit up Peter Pan first (10 min. wait), then IASW, Philharmagic- I think my new favorite- that's AMAZING, and Cindy's carousel.

In It's a Small World:
WDW201.jpg

On Peter Pan:
WDW207.jpg

To Mickey's Philharmagic, Ebin's asthmatic, so we thought this was hilarious:
WDW216.jpg

Now she's happy!
WDW211.jpg

We were stopped to do limbo on our way to Toontown:
WDW208.jpg

We head over to Toontown and Ebin and DH make a mad dash for Mickey's house. Rachael and I get in line for Minnie. We see her in no time. Uh-oh! Dad has our photopass card. No problem, right? I mean, I just get a new one. Well guess what? It's not on this card. The card they gave me? Nothing. I didn't even have our camera either cuz Dad had it, so we have no pix of Minnie in her costume w/DD.

Next, we head to Mickey's house. DH and DS are still in line! We jump in with them and all wait together. Got great photopass pix. DS wants Minnie's now. We skedaddle over there and the castmember says "Sorry, no more." I look pathetically at the end of the line and plead, "Please? He'll be so disappointed!" and she says, "Sorry, no."

When Ebin catches up to me, I turn and say "Sorry, bud."

Poor guy. Rachael looks at me, knowingly. Ebin turns away, head down, shoulders dejected, hands loosely holding his autograph book and pen. Slowly walks away from me, towards DH.

It was honestly the most heartbreaking thing. I was disappointed in the castmember. I mean, really. There was NO BODY ELSE AROUND. She could of let us sneak in! Or even just my little guy! But she was determined to do her job. And I know that she had to. I understand that. But geez, y'know? How about some magic for a poor 6 yr old? :confused3 Like, I said, I understand she couldn't. I mean, just that moment and two other families would pop out of the woodwork or something, right?

But still- it was disappointing.

DH, DD, and I all assured, promised, and pleaded to DS that he WOULD SEE AND MEET MINNIE AT DHS ON SUNDAY! WE WOULD GUARANTEE IT! YOU WILL NOT LEAVE FLORIDA WITHOUT MEETING MINNIE! We said.

I didn't mention it to DS and DD, but we actually had an ADR the next morning
for Cape May Cafe, which features Minnie, Goofy, and Donald. BUT, DH and I were contemplating dropping it due to cost and the time (7:45!!). I whispered to DH that "Even if we have to pay 80 bucks for it" Eb was GOING TO MEET HIS MINNIE MOUSE!

So we stopped in Tommorowland again, DS and I rode SM (walk-on), which perked him up very quickly :yay: :yay: :yay: We could've ridden it twice but had to meet up w/DH and DD, who were supposed to be on TTA, but turns out they did Astro-orbiters. Freaked out DH a bit cuz he has a heights thing, but DD had a blast, apparently.

So now it's the end of the night and there are literally double strollers abandoned everywhere. DH and I could care less about people's lack of manners and instead, appreciate it very much. We snag one, load the kids into it, and head back leisurely towards Main Street. The castle is beautiful, the kids are happily chatting in the stroller, and DH and I are shoulder-to-shoulder musing on what a perfect night it was. I might've reminded him an extra hour and 45 minutes would've made it really perfect. :rolleyes1

DS wanted to see what the inside of the castle looked like so we rolled up there to look. The kids said, "It's a mall!" :confused3

We headed down Main St. and DH was the one to suggest the stop at every photopass we saw! :love: And all of us 2 cuz the lazy kids didn't want to get out of the stroller. :upsidedow I ducked into the jewelry/watch shop and couldn't believe the prices. I'll go to Sears or QVC, thank you!

The kids begged for a giant balloon, and they each got one. $10 a piece! OMG. Oh well. Whatever. They lasted forever. Rachael's finally sank this past weekend. That's a long time! And I think only because she ripped off the plastic covering. Otherwise, it was the same size from the time we bought it until a week ago, when she took off that plastic.

We decided to take the ferry back. DH could barely take off the goofy smile from his face. He was so happy. He just kept talking about how party tickets are the way to go (cuz of no-wait on rides) and how different it is as an adult. How different it was as a parent. How fun it was. The kids laid on the benches on the ferry and we stood at the railing, watching the MK gently get further away.

Back at the TTC, we were all so tired, zombie-like is a very good description. It was nearly 1a.m. The first tram came and we couldn't fit on it. As we're standing there, I look at the family on the tram that had been standing in front of us in line.

"I think I know that woman." I say to DH.

"Who?" he says.

"In the orange," I reply. "In the last row, with the girl?"

"Call her name," he shrugs, "If it's not her, who cares?"

"Sara!" I call out.

Nothin. Then this woman vaguely looks in our direction w/glossed over eyes and back at her daughter.

"No, I'm sure I know her." I say to DH." I must have the wrong name."

Then DH proceeds to raise his voice and talk about how strange it is that I would know someone off my wierd psycho disney message boards. I quickly put him in his place and call him out for trying to embarrass me in front of strangers (other people in line).

So who is this person? Why, it's mom2mek, Sara! Isn't that crazy? :disrocks:

So the kids were asleep as soon as they were buckled in. We arrived exhausted, and deliriously happy to the hotel around 1:30ish. The kids can't believe they "partied all the way 'till tommorow".

So.... the next day's schedule is as follows:

7:45 Cape May Cafe for Goofy's Beach Buffet
followed by shopping at the Character Outlet at Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores. Gatorland for the afternoon with the evening ending at Arabian Nights Dinner Show in Orlando.

What do we do? Do we make the 7:45? What plans do we keep? What do we skip? What do we do that was not in the plans AT ALL?

To be continued................ ;)

Aww sorry they didn't want to keep the costumes on! They were cute anyway!!! Sorry for the rough start but I'm glad you got into the MK without any hassle and got started with the party! Can't wait to hear more!!!

The kids look adorable in their costumes! Too bad they wanted to take them off but who can blame them in those temperatures. :goodvibes

I just started reading your TR today and i love it! :thumbsup2
Your kids looked so cute in their costumes! Too bad it was so hot.

Oh yes yes! So hot! Ugh! Thanks for reading everybody! :goodvibes

Great TR! I like your pictures. Your kids looked cute in their costumes. I don't blame them for taking them off, because of the heat. I never could understand how the little girls could stand being in the princess dresses when it is 95+ degrees??? Your daughters hair looks so cute!

I don't get that either. How in the world are those little girls comfortable at all? All that crinoline and polyester in that hot sweaty weather? Ugh.

I'm all caught up! Great update Julia! We probably just missed one another..really! We didn't get to the MK that night till after 5 as well. And we went to Tomorrowland first as well! Was that a Boba Fett costume? I think I saw a couple of those...Michael loves Star Wars but he wanted to be a knight this Halloween. :confused3 I was really shocked at how my kids wanted to keep their costumes on...I totally wasn't expecting that!

I can't wait to hear about your first views of Main Street! It's so beautiful, isn't it? :lovestruc

Sara

I give your kids mad props then! :thumbsup2 Yes, one picture I didn't put on here is my screensaver. It's a side street of Main Street w/little tables. So pretty!

Your TR is wonderful, thanks so much.:flower3:

:welcome: Your welcome!

Hi, fellow Unicorn! I just noticed the link to your trip report in your sig the other day and I thought I'd come along for the ride. :car: I'm loving your TR so far! :thumbsup2 Your kids are adorable! I love that pink costume that your DD was wearing. Too bad it was so hot out there when they wore their costumes. :sad2:

Looking forward to the rest of your trip report! :)

Hey Unicorn! I wore purple today for the club! :rotfl2:

Wow Julia - great update! Really, really great! It was a fabulous night, wasn't it? I can't believe I didn't hear you that night...must have been totally out of it, I guess. :laughing:

I love how Ebin was so excited to show his sister the castle - what a sweet boy you've got there! :love:

I was actually surprised at the lack of photopass people on Main Street as well...weird...:confused3 we only got a few shots and one was right after the little fireworks went off at the end of the last castle show - so you would have been right in front of me...:rotfl2: We were like 2 ships passing in the night! :rotfl:

It sounds like you guys did a lot and saw all the "biggies" - too bad DD was scared on Thunder and HM. Shame on you...;)

Can't wait for more...but 7:45 AM the next day...I:eek: 'm gonna take a guess here...and say you didn't make that! :confused3 I won't tell you how late my kids slept the next day... :goodvibes

Sara

Yea, we did a lot of Photopass, but I didn't get nearly as many as I wanted. There simply weren't enough around the castle, IMO.

The party was so fun. I wished we'd had two tickets though. I think one night purely for party and one night purely for rides would be perfect.

Yes, it's crazy-- I kept my eye out for DIS-ers all night and dont' see one until I'm leavin!

Great TR so far! I LOVE going to Disney during Christmas because of the decorations and the more I look at it, I think I like the Halloween ones just as much. They're so beautiful! I will definitely have to get down there someday during October. Subbing! Keep it coming!:goodvibes

Wow what a great night! You're kids are so cute, they "partied all the way til tomorrow." :laughing: Excited to see how your day at DHS goes :goodvibes

"Its a mall!" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Oh my gosh that made me spit out my water. Dont you love the strange things kiddos say sometimes. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

honestly, I cannot believe that CM didnt let you in. I understand they have to do their job, I was one of them but with no one around and clearly you had a disappointed child and it was a party that night they could have let you sneak in i would think. that stinks.

I cant imagine you making the 7:45 ADR but I'm so curious if you do.

BTW POTC is better at DL! Just my opinion of course. :rolleyes1 :lmao: You'll have to come back this way now and try it out wont you!:thumbsup2

Cute sign by Wheezy!

Ahh!!! Your kids and hubby are so cute. Great trip report!!! My kids are all grown now, married or away at college, but you brought back memories of their cihldhood to me. I will never forget the magic in their eyes. Cherish these moments, believe me, they make lasting memories.

Great TR so far! I LOVE going to Disney during Christmas because of the decorations and the more I look at it, I think I like the Halloween ones just as much. They're so beautiful! I will definitely have to get down there someday during October. Subbing! Keep it coming!:goodvibes

And I can't wait to see it sometime for Christmas! :welcome:

Wow what a great night! You're kids are so cute, they "partied all the way til tomorrow." :laughing: Excited to see how your day at DHS goes :goodvibes

Ahhh... the days of "partying till tommorrow" have passed to our children... at the tender ages of 5 and 6! :confused3 :rotfl2:

"Its a mall!" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Oh my gosh that made me spit out my water. Dont you love the strange things kiddos say sometimes. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

honestly, I cannot believe that CM didnt let you in. I understand they have to do their job, I was one of them but with no one around and clearly you had a disappointed child and it was a party that night they could have let you sneak in i would think. that stinks.

I cant imagine you making the 7:45 ADR but I'm so curious if you do.

BTW POTC is better at DL! Just my opinion of course. :rolleyes1 :lmao: You'll have to come back this way now and try it out wont you!:thumbsup2

Cute sign by Wheezy!

Yea, I don't know. I just feel like CM's always should be on the lookout for an oppurtunity to make some magic and she really missed one there, y'know?

A mall! Yup- even since we've been home I've heard them talking:

"Remember when we went into the castle?"
"Yea, and it was a mall?"
"Yea, wasn't that funny?"

Ahh!!! Your kids and hubby are so cute. Great trip report!!! My kids are all grown now, married or away at college, but you brought back memories of their cihldhood to me. I will never forget the magic in their eyes. Cherish these moments, believe me, they make lasting memories.

:wave2: and :welcome:
Glad you're enjoying it. I def. have fun and look forward to a no-kids trip someday, however, wouldn't trade these trips for the world. Seeing things through their eyes is amazing. Even if I remember more then they do- it's more for me I think then it is for them.

The date on this post says the 29th, but today is the 30th. Becuz I accidently posted twice. So I'll use my own post space to say I was woefully DIS-less all day while the internet was out and now I am trying to catch up!

I am freezing.

My toes and my fingers are frozen, I swear. Tommorow is supposed to be highs in the upper 60s. Woopee.

Ugh.

Happy Halloween! I'd wanted to put an update in today but since the internet at our house was WACKY I couldn't. And with the Halloween activities after work tommorow, working on Saturday, and DH's stupid Halloween party here Sat. night- I prolly won't get a chance until Sunday! Oh well- everyone have a happy HOWLiday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter