"I've got a WICKED magic hangover." Trip Report ***FINISHED 12/7***

Arabian Nights looks like a blast -- that picture of the horse in the fog is really cool!

Now I can't wait to hear about Boardwalk!

I'm glad you guys had a great time at Arabian Nights! I saw an ad for it in an Orlando magazine that I got on my family's last trip to WDW and I wondered how it was.

HI! I just found your report!! I am enjoying it and can't wait to read more!

Arabian Nights sounds like it was great. Great show and great food? You can't beat it!

Looking forward to hearing about your night at the Boardwalk!:goodvibes

Arabian Nights sounds like it was great. Great show and great food? You can't beat it!

Looking forward to hearing about your night at the Boardwalk!:goodvibes

It was great, it really was. The kids still talk about it.

HI! I just found your report!! I am enjoying it and can't wait to read more!

:welcome: Hey there Hi there Ho there! Glad to have you on board!

I'm glad you guys had a great time at Arabian Nights! I saw an ad for it in an Orlando magazine that I got on my family's last trip to WDW and I wondered how it was.

:thumbsup2 IMO, a def. "worth it!" However, their gate prices are out-of-this-world! I got our tix off ebay and then used the discount card for the kids' admission.

Arabian Nights looks like a blast -- that picture of the horse in the fog is really cool!

Now I can't wait to hear about Boardwalk!

I actually have adjusted all those pix but I'm too darn lazy to re-post the 'fixed' photos! :rotfl: Boardwalk.... comin' right up!

Great update! I am glad you guys enjoyed it. I don't remember eating with my hands at Medieval Times but it was years ago. :lmao:

Thanks! And yup- hands. :sick:

Glad you guys had fun! That was a good pic of the black horse in the fog... nice.

I have always wanted to do the hand eating thing.. I am totally in favor of that. Just FYI, if you have a eating with hands phobia make SURE you avoid Ethiopian food. The custom in those restaraunts is to pick up the food with your finger then feed it to the person seated next to you. Stranger or not. :lmao:

Ew Ew Ew Ew Ew! :sick: :scared: :crazy2:

Arabian Nights seems to be a lot like Dixie Stamped. We went to Pigeon Fordge in June and saw it but we did not realize we were gonna have to eat with our hands...We are not hand eating people, well us adults are not....The kids just shove it in anyway they can..:rotfl: But they have the pic area and preshows and stuff. It was fun and the food was great but now that we have done it not sure we will need to do it again for a while. I have always wondered about Arabian Nights and now I know....Thanks great TR..:thumbsup2

Well, I'D always wondered about Dixie Stampede and now I know! :rotfl2:

Julia, it sounds like you guys had a great time! Those horses look beautiful! I just never think about some of the outside-of-Disney entertainment when I'm there - I think I should! Great update and YAY on the Boardwalk! I've never been over there, but it sounds like a fun place to hang out after night falls! :goodvibes

Sara

Yea, there's a huuuuge list of Non-Disney things I want to do in Orlando too. It's like I've discovered a whole new vacation destination! Guess I'm slower on the uptake then the rest of the ....oh... world... :lmao:

Last I left you we had left Arabian Nights and were on our way to the Boardwalk. We arrived within 15 minutes, however, where the heck do you park? We ended up across the street from the Boardwalk Inn, in a parking lot marked with some sign that indicated we shouldn't park there. Oops. But the gates were open and there were others going in as well, and people walking, so whatever! We figured we'd be able to find someone to help us somehow if we got locked in later, right?

We crossed the street, passed the convention something-or-other near the resort, and went in through the front entrance, passed through the lobby (GORGEOUS! OMG!) and emerged on.... well... the boardwalk!

Here's a 'lil somethin' for ya, Leslie ;) :

bdwlk7.jpg

There was immediately a magician with a group of kids around him to the left.

bdwlk6.jpg

I just loved the boardwalk. :goodvibes There were people milling around and the lights were so pretty. We set off in search of my perch that I'd read about- in front of Jellyrolls.

Notice "Annika Bear" is still tagging along:
bdwlk2.jpg

Boardwalk pix:
bdwlk4.jpg

bdwlk1.jpg

bdwlk3.jpg

Found it! Perfect view of Spaceship Earth from that vantage point. Turns out we had about 45 minutes before the fireworks so Jim wanted to go around & see the sights. We ended up renting a surrey bike! :yay:

bdwlk8.jpg

OMG. :eek:

That's some hard work. :scared: But we were laughing hysterically and yelling for people to get out of the way. I was slamming on imaginary breaks and trying desperately to turn my useless wheel (only one wheel works, even though you have two). Rach had a blast ringing the bell whenever there were people in front of us, and Ebin would shout, "Ring the bell, Rach! Ring the bell!" when he saw people ahead. We were seriously working HARD to get up the hill around one part and I was ready to give up after 1 lap around the lake. But Jim said No Way! We were going to do the three laps....

bdwlk5.jpg

Well, midway around lap #2, we hear this guy yell something to us, "C'mon! You can do better than that!" and we turn to see another family like us, Dad-Mom-Boy-Girl, gaining on us. :lmao: Before you know it, the two families are laughing and having an all -out RACE through crowds and around bends. It was pretty funny. We gave up at the surrety station, though, and they cruised past, calling, "Quitters!" :laughing:

Soooo funny. I recommend it for a good time. HOWEVER, if you have a husband like mine, who is unable to take anything at a leisurely pace (I blame his parents for this) I don't recommend it. And that last hill. Man. Total killer.:sad2: One time, Jim got out to push us and people walking past were laughing, we were all laughing, it was too too funny.:rotfl2:

When we got back, we headed to our spot to watch the fireworks, but we wanted to get ice cream. TIP: The Screen Door General Store store has general grocery merchandise not including anything other than the usual frozen stuff you buy at any gas station in America. Ick. Here's where things went wrong. I picked out some souvies for my parent's & a package of pinbacks and while I'm waiting in line is when the fireworks went off! Boo! :scared: But I'd been in the line forever and I wasn't giving up- there were people 6 deep behind me!

So I watched what I could through the windows behind the register. They need another register in that store. Definitely. I was so mad. :headache: Not at the CM's but at these people in front of me, who apparently were going to get sloshed?? They were buying a ton of alcohol, from what I could tell!? And groceries, too. It was just annoying. And than they both decided to pin trade in the middle of the damn transaction with the CM. If looks could kill they would've both fell away from each other and left me a perfect path to the register.

Oh well. Whatever. :confused3

So we had our crappy ice cream and meandered around back over to the Boardwalk and went through the resort again on our way to the car. The kids fell asleep again on the way back to the hotel and we got settled in for an early morning to attempt to make Disney Hollywood Studios for rope drop!

Up Next: Oct. 12th- Part I: Well, that’s some Toy Story Mania! :3dglasses

I love the Boardwalk Light, very pretty!

The Surrey Bike looks like it was a lot of fun! What a great way to spend the evening. :goodvibes

OMG that surrey bike story is too funny! I can just picture 2 families puttin the pedal to the metal to race eachother! :laughing: It sounds like it was sooo much fun. Sorry that you missed the fireworks though!! :mad: I like your description of the 2 boosers falling away from eachother and you walking right up to the cashier :rotfl2:

I love the Boardwalk Light, very pretty!

The Surrey Bike looks like it was a lot of fun! What a great way to spend the evening. :goodvibes

I loved the whole Boardwalk experience. And although riding the surrey was some seriously hard work- it was great to see the Swan up close, where the movie on the beach is at Yacht Club, the kids having such fun in the pool. It was a good orientation to that whole area!

OMG that surrey bike story is too funny! I can just picture 2 families puttin the pedal to the metal to race eachother! :laughing: It sounds like it was sooo much fun. Sorry that you missed the fireworks though!! :mad: I like your description of the 2 boosers falling away from eachother and you walking right up to the cashier :rotfl2:

Only in my dreams would that have happened. It IS a pretty funny visual isn't it? :lmao:

Great update! Did you miss the fireworks completely? I've always wanted to see the Boardwalk resort but haven't made it there yet! It looks beautiful!!

We ended up renting a surrey bike! :yay:

bdwlk8.jpg

Awww, what a nice family photo! :) OK, I SOOO want to ride one of those surrey bikes! :cool1: If you don't mind my asking, how much did it cost to rent the bike?

My family and I haven't been to the Boardwalk, yet. We definitely have to go there on our next WDW trip.

Great update Julia! The surrey bike looks like fun, albeit I would probably die trying to do it! :laughing: I'm sorry you missed the fireworks though...sad. Some people are so oblivious!

Interested to hear about your Studios morning - I was there too! :eek:

Sara

The morning we went to Disney Hollywood Studios we wanted to make it there by rope drop. We ate cereal in the room and off we went!

We were all set to make it to the parking lot nad to the gates by park opening. We’re driving along….

There’s the entrance! Over there to the right…..

And there it goes….

Yea. Remember earlier when I said I discovered that my DH apparently doesn’t read signs while driving very often? Um, yea.

SO ANYWAY…..

BILD0690.jpg

dhs1b.jpg

dhs1a.jpg

We arrived! We got to DHS shortly after opening. Like within 10 minutes. But that was enough time to make the TSM fast passes already be for 11:20-12:20! DH says when we got there he was standing in line for about ½-hr to get the fast pass.

In the meantime, Ebin, Rachael, and I lined up and met characters next to the Sorcerer‘s Hat.

First up, Lilo and Stitch! All the while eyeing Minnie & Daisy in the next line….
The kids had great interaction w/Lilo and Stitch. They messed up Rachael’s hair, and goofed around w/Ebin. The kids had a blast w/them.

BILD0695.jpg

BILD0696.jpg

After that, we discovered Minnie & Daisy were going on break. We asked the CM when they would be back and she said 15 minutes, on the other side. We looked at the maps of DHS while we waited the 15 minutes. The Chip & Dale line was the shortest, and right next to us, so we went there.

BILD0697.jpg

BILD0699-1.jpg

Just as we finished w/Chip, we ran over to Minnie, and discovered that she was leaving on break. Dad got back about this time w/our coveted FP’s and wanted to go exploring. We checked the schedule and saw that their would be a # of character meet & greets that we could check throughout the day, so we agreed to try again later. We headed over to The Little Mermaid Show.

The kids had to go potty- OF COURSE- so we missed that showing. Okaaaaaaay…. So we went into One Man’s Dream. I thought the kids would think it was dumb but they ran to all the displays and loved it. We went into the movie and they even didn’t mind that- even though they kept begging to go to the front row. I’d watched Walt Disney: The Man Behind The Myth so I had seen a lot of the footage before and knew most of what was told, but it was still nice to have a park classic. I don’t know why that’s not in MK?

Anyway, after that we headed towards TSM and Jim was not in the mood to stand in line for characters so we passed the lines for TSM (crazy!!) and Al’s Toy Barn.

dhs2.jpg

Something else I learned about DH on this trip was that he really has to be pushed to stand in lines of any kind- even if you know they’ll move fast, it’s hard to get him to agree. So with that in mind, we lined up for the Honey, I shrunk the Kids playground area to open up. I ended up being very annoyed w/this PLAYGROUND, as I hadn’t spent all this money for the kids to become enamored in a PLAYGROUND. But, I have to admit, they had a blast. Of course, it would’ve been much better if it had been paired with the 3-D MOVIE ATTRACTION, but whatever. I don’t quite see how that fits into Epcot.

dhs9c.jpg

dhs9c1.jpg

dhs9c2.jpg

After we left that attraction, the kids were begging for food. BUT ON OUR WAY, we ran into some Power Rangers!

dhs5-1.jpg

dhs6a.jpg

dhs6.jpg

WDW291.jpg

Honestly? I didn’t even know Rachael knew who the Power Rangers were!
We grabbed churros, refilled our water bottles, and headed in to see L!M!A! Very cute. Rachael LOVES Herbie so she was thrilled when he made his cameo. It was a good show, don’t know that I’d see it again though.

dhs9d.jpg

dhs9d1.jpg

About this time was when our FP’s for TSM were ready. Also, we had an ADR for lunch @ 50’s Prime Time.

What to do….. What to do….

We had ABOUT 45-50 minutes before the ADR, so we headed over to TSM!

dhs9c6.jpg

Look who walked by after we were done!

dhs9b3.jpg

So, even w/FP’s we ended up waiting about ½ an hour. It was an adorable qeaue though but I do agree with other people who say if you have an FP, you do seem to miss out on a lot of fun during your wait. Jim rode w/Rach and I rode w/Ebin. I really enjoyed this ride, HOWEVER, I’m in the minority that I actually like Buzz BETTER (people seem to like to compare). But I also recognize my vision is terrible, even with contacts correcting them to 20/20+, and I have a slight astigmatism, which I think makes some 3-D effects fall flat. I still see them, but they just don’t POP as much as they did when I was a kid, or even 15 years ago for that matter. So maybe that’s why. We all had fun though and headed off in search of food.

Up Next: Do we make our lunch ADR?

Great update Julia! You saw a lot of characters! How funny is it that I am scanning the background of all your pics looking for someone from my group! :lmao: Count me in as not a fan of the HISTK playground! :scared: It turns into the game called "How quickly can I lose track of my 3 children". Just not relaxing at all!

I love the picture of you, your kids, and Chip and Dale! So cute! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear about 50's! :banana:

Sara

Great trip report! I love your kids smiles! DH is being a pretty good sport, I think!! (mine won't even "fake" having fun!). That picture of him by the rock in the playground looks like it could be on an album cover! Very cool !! Lookin' forward to more!
-mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter