• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

This is Minnie Pearl, with a face only This mama (and papa) could love. LOL. image.jpg
She's about 8or 9 years old now, a pound rescue when she was about 2 or 3. I think she's half boxer, half boston, as she's about halfway between the two in size, and alllllll tongue. She will lick the burglars to death if they dare break in.

When we adopted her, we were looking for a boxer, which is what our friends had, and we loved their dog's personality. We'd been checking the pound weekly, and just hadn't "clicked" with a dog (and we had three venerable cats at the time, so clicking was important).

Then we saw poor, skinny little Minnie just sitting camly center-cage, watching us with those eyes. She had obviously been wandering on her own for some time, was skin n bones - 25lbs when 45-50 is her ideal.

That face, and the fact that she was the only quiet dog in the place, caught our attention immediately. Come to find out, whomever had her before must have invested a lot of time in her - she was housebroken, leash-trained, heel, stay, come, drop it, sit, "go box" crate trained, never jumped on people or furniture, didn't beg for people food, and was just generally more well-mannered than WE were.

The cats were never exactly impressed, but she never bothered them at all. Not even with an attempt to rump-sniff. LOL. The cats all eventually crossed the rainbow bridge having uttered nary a complaint about her!

Such a good dog.

Then my parents dog-sit for a weekend. Now she begs for (but doesn't get) people food.

Them some other friends dog-sit for a weekend. Now she gets on the sofa if she thinks we're not home. Lol.

I suppose those are the privileges of age, though. Just before I found out about my recurrent cancer, she developed a mast cell tumor on her chest, which thankfully was fully excised with no ill effects, and it's unlikely to have spread. I'm hoping she'll choose to spend many more happy years with us - so that once the 2-legged baby is a bit older, we can go back to giving more attention to our oldest "dog-hter."

Wohoo!!! So happy for you with the Universal hook-up! :thumbsup2

Awesome pedicure! I completely approve of the color :laughing:

Awww, your kittes are just so cute!!! I know I've said it before but... adorable! :goodvibes

If we're talking about the same theory...

we are. the service which shall not be named...

I know. Why did I have to pick out all of the awesome places? :sad2:

must have the best! that is why!!!

I hope I don't need those back-up options! :rolleyes2

I hope you don't too!!!

8 now! Almost 7!

:cheer2:

so I'll actually get them from him in mid-September. Yaaay! :hyper:

this is AWESOME!

Sitting through 2 hours of Dwayne Johnson NEVER hurts my feelings. :lovestruc

images

if any of you are one of those crazies who are weirded out by feet... Blame Donna for this...):

that would be me...

dogs, cats, gerbils, ferrets, whatever!

seriously? I don't think you have enough room for my Furries...
just quick pictures.
Piper (Shetland Sheepdog)

someone say Ferret?
Stevie AKA Stink

Or a Great Dane Named LEX:

Let's not Forget Logan (the Golden Retriever)

He currently has 4 (or 5?) AKC obedience titles and working on more!

and the newest:

Raven- who i will be tell her story in my PTR!!!

Happy to oblige the sharing of furbabies :)
This is my dog Snickers. She is a 4 year old schnoodle. She is also a therapy dog and she loves to visit hospitals, retirement homes and stressed out university students :)
But she is also MY therapy and loves to cuddle!!
c91e8678-b5b8-4428-9a5d-5004da6844aa_zpsgcy4iluw.jpg

Love all the pictures!! I'm not home or id share our puppy pics too (ok, she's almost 15, but ask dogs are puppies to me).

Minnie polish! How fun! I like the color a lot--very pretty!

Here's Dunkin...he is an Anatolian Shepherd and Great Pyrenees (both livestock guardian dogs)...he takes his job of protecting his livestock (humans in the house and his baby sister Kaylee)very seriously. We got him through an Anatolian Shepherd Rescue Group (NASRN)

Dunkin! I love Dunkin! I remember reading about him on your PTR. And of course, he's in your icon, too! What a good boy!

And this is Kaylee. Oh my, she is a mess. We adopted her as a puppy from Metro Animal Shelter, where her name there was Skittles...this should have been our first clue. She was also billed as a Lab/Plott Hound Mix. I think she is actually Plott Hound/Jack Russell Terrier. She is into everything. It's a good thing she is cute...it has saved her butt many a time. :)

She. Is. PRECIOUS! She reminds me of my Annie, who always had to have a toy in her mouth! TOO CUTE!

Thanks for sharing your kitties!
Thanks for sharing your puppies!

This is Minnie Pearl, with a face only This mama (and papa) could love. LOL.
image-jpg.100138

She's about 8or 9 years old now, a pound rescue when she was about 2 or 3. I think she's half boxer, half boston, as she's about halfway between the two in size, and alllllll tongue. She will lick the burglars to death if they dare break in.

When we adopted her, we were looking for a boxer, which is what our friends had, and we loved their dog's personality. We'd been checking the pound weekly, and just hadn't "clicked" with a dog (and we had three venerable cats at the time, so clicking was important).

Then we saw poor, skinny little Minnie just sitting camly center-cage, watching us with those eyes. She had obviously been wandering on her own for some time, was skin n bones - 25lbs when 45-50 is her ideal.

That face, and the fact that she was the only quiet dog in the place, caught our attention immediately. Come to find out, whomever had her before must have invested a lot of time in her - she was housebroken, leash-trained, heel, stay, come, drop it, sit, "go box" crate trained, never jumped on people or furniture, didn't beg for people food, and was just generally more well-mannered than WE were.

The cats were never exactly impressed, but she never bothered them at all. Not even with an attempt to rump-sniff. LOL. The cats all eventually crossed the rainbow bridge having uttered nary a complaint about her!

Such a good dog.

Then my parents dog-sit for a weekend. Now she begs for (but doesn't get) people food.

Them some other friends dog-sit for a weekend. Now she gets on the sofa if she thinks we're not home. Lol.

I suppose those are the privileges of age, though. Just before I found out about my recurrent cancer, she developed a mast cell tumor on her chest, which thankfully was fully excised with no ill effects, and it's unlikely to have spread. I'm hoping she'll choose to spend many more happy years with us - so that once the 2-legged baby is a bit older, we can go back to giving more attention to our oldest "dog-hter."
D'awwww! Minnie Pearl! I love the name! I love the puppy! I love her face! Your story about her being the only quiet dog at the pound sooooo reminded me of my Annie, a dog we adopted when I was 14. She too, we discovered when we got her home, was fully trained. I miss her! And I'm sure Minnie Pearl will be with ya'll for quite a few more years! What a sweetheart!

Wohoo!!! So happy for you with the Universal hook-up! :thumbsup2
You and me both, girl!

Awesome pedicure! I completely approve of the color :laughing:
Ha! Thanks!

Awww, your kittes are just so cute!!! I know I've said it before but... adorable! :goodvibes
They're so rotten! I love them!

we are. the service which shall not be named...
DUN DUN DUN!

That's a pretty sexy picture, the internet love child of Steve Carell and Dwayne Johnson! This one might be sexier, though... and it's not even photoshoppped, it's sadly real...
rock-lol.jpg

that would be me...
Sorry! It's all @DonnaBeeGood 's fault!

seriously? I don't think you have enough room for my Furries...
There's ALWAYS room for your furballs, Mo! Always!

iper (Shetland Sheepdog)
I freakin' love this picture. It cracks me up everytime I see it.

Stevie AKA Stink
Freakin' STEVIE! I love Stevie!

Or a Great Dane Named LEX:
This picture is HILARIOUS.

Let's not Forget Logan (the Golden Retriever)

He currently has 4 (or 5?) AKC obedience titles and working on more!
Such a beautiful baby!!!

and the newest:

Raven- who i will be tell her story in my PTR!!!
WHAAAAT!!! You have a new family member?!

Happy to oblige the sharing of furbabies :)
This is my dog Snickers. She is a 4 year old schnoodle. She is also a therapy dog and she loves to visit hospitals, retirement homes and stressed out university students :)
But she is also MY therapy and loves to cuddle!!
c91e8678-b5b8-4428-9a5d-5004da6844aa_zpsgcy4iluw.jpg
D'awww, SNICKERS!!! I love Snickers! She's adorable!!! I want to snuggle her!!!

Love all the pictures!! I'm not home or id share our puppy pics too (ok, she's almost 15, but ask dogs are puppies to me).

Minnie polish! How fun! I like the color a lot--very pretty!
Post them when you are home, I want to seeeeee!!!

Last edited:

13 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
133 days until FP+! :cutie:
193 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Not gonna lie. Totally going stir-crazy waiting for ADR day. So. I thought of something I could do this weekend for the trip. CLOTHES! :goodvibes

I'm a big lady (I know, you're totally shocked) and finding cute tops themed to my interests can be a real pain in the butt. I know the Disney Store online sells plus sizes, but everything I'd read about their t-shirts says that they run short. And I hate that. >:( I find this problem with Torrid tees also. Not to mention they're expensive!!!

I posted about this dilemma on the "Everything Pooh-Sized" thread here on the DIS a while back, and somebody made a suggestion that I decided to run with this weekend. I picked up some plain-color ladies tees at Walmart that were marked down to $5 each, then got online this morning and hit up Etsy to buy me some cute iron-ons! :cutie:

For our MVMCP night, I bought a red t-shirt, and ordered this iron-on for it:

christmas-io.jpg

And then for another random day during the trip, I got a black t-shirt, and this pretty rhinestone iron-on:

minnie-io.jpg

And then while I was on Etsy, I hatched the bright idea to make myself a Harry Potter shirt also. So I have a pale lilac-colored t-shirt for these two iron-on transfers...

Front:
hp1-io.jpg

Back:
hp2-io.jpg

I hope they all turn out as cute as they look in my head! :cutie:

I also hit up Amazon for a few things. I love the IDEA of flipflops, but I can't wear them because I can't deal with anything between my toes. A few years ago found these great sandals called "Cleo" made by Crocs, and I love them to death. They're very open like a flipflop, but nothing between my toes, and are super comfy with that awesome Crocs sole on them! I bought them in brown then, but have been meaning for ages to get a pair in black. So, I finally did!

sandals.jpg

Then while on Amazon, I couldn't resist picked up a couple of other trip items, just because I liked them. A pretty Avenue t-shirt to wear one day on the trip, it was clearanced and marked down to 66% off:

blueshirt.jpg

And then just some cute holiday earrings, also to wear to MVMCP:

earrings.jpg

So that was my little shopping spree. I justified it because it's all for the trip! All NEEDED things! Yes, I NEEDED them to show my DISNEY SIDE! (And my HP side for my one Universal day...) Totally legit! :thumbsup2

As for the iron-on transfers, the irony (see what I did there?) is this... I don't even own an iron and I refuse to. :laughing: I HATE IRONING. Not owning an iron gives me a good reason to never buy anything that requires ironing. So once the iron-on transfers arrive in the mail, I'm going to take them over to my Mama and she's going to apply them for me. (Have I mentioned that she's kinda the best? :-)) So once that's done, I'll be sure to post photos of the final products here!

And of course, I would be remiss if I didn't mention... Please take a moment during your BBQs (or whatever you have planned for the day) to remember why most of us Americans aren't at work today!

memorialday2.jpg

I love those Crocs...In fact I had a pair I wore for years and when the strap across the foot finally gave out I was actually on a Disney World trip...I was so upset because they were the most comfortable pair of shoes to spend all day walking in that I had ever owned!

I may have to check out Etsy for some iron ons... I do own an iron but I believe is has only been used about 3 times in over 17 years so...
But I think the Disney Store shirts run small all together and I do not like the standard t-shirt fit so soft comfy walmary shirts with Disney iron ons sounds like a great idea!

Congrats on the Universal tickets - it's always nice to get something free so that you have more Disney money.

Here are my "fur babies":
IMG_20150601_121254.jpg
They're all named Fishy. They're technically not furbabies because fish don't have fur, but ... They're also made out of glass.
They were centerpieces at my bat mitzvah party when I was 12 and have somewhat survived since. Although I really need to clean the fishbowl...

I don't have any live furbabies. I can barely take care of myself sometimes, there's no way I could take care of a furbaby.

I too am a plus size gal... I bought tshirts at Torrid (sizes 14-32) with disney on them 2 ariel, the rose, cinderella and minnie. Thinking about a couple more that are not white tees but we'll see

That's fantastic news regarding the Universal passes!

11265251_10153063041205668_479558822960385090_n.jpg

This is my sweet princess, Amber. She is about 11 years old and loves to be snuggled. She always has to be sleeping on you or right next to you. At night her favourite spots are the crook of my knees or on my foot.:laughing:

This is my handsome prince, Hobbes. He is around 8 years old. He is a huge scardey cat although each year he improves in bravery just a little bit. He truly believes in "stranger danger" and will run and hide under a bed when anybody enters the house. He loves his sister Amber and always trys to take care of her by giving her baths and sleeping close to her. She doesn't always allow it though and sometimes he gets sent away in disgrace for daring to invade her space. Most of the time though they get along wonderfully!

Last edited:
Billie, great idea you had posting pics of our pets :dogdance::cat: I swear I'm going to figure out how to post pictures on here one of these days.......:rolleyes1 Anyway I have 2 cats, I've had cats all my life. Both of my current kitties are from a rescue shelter :thumbsup2 Jazzy is a beautiful little calico girl and Jackie is a big 25 lb. boy, who looks exactly like Angelica above! Jazz is now almost 7 and Jackie is 9. Jackie was an indoor/outdoor cat (for a couple reasons) and got hit by a car last May, shattering his pelvis in 3 places. That was a tough recovery but he's almost as good as new and stays inside with Jazzy all the time now :) I'd toss DH out before I got rid of my kitties!!!!

BTW, when I was 18 and away at college, my mom "spun" my cat Patches in the dryer for about 20 seconds........thank God that's all it was! Mom wasn't going to tell me but my younger sister thought it would be cool to call me and tell me :scared1:

image_25.jpg

This is Nina (or Neenybean, or Bean Bag, or Baggers)...she is a 15 year old Black lab. She came to us with Cary and his kids about 2 1/2 years ago and is the most sloth like creature I have ever seen...except if it involved food or Cary! When he gets home you'd think she was a puppy but otherwise she ignores the rest of us mostly. Skyler, surprisingly enough, the littlest one of us all, is the only one besides Cary she will listen to!

Skyler continuously asks for chickens (she has a friend who raises them and is willing to give her some) but that answer has routinely been NO!

I love those Crocs...In fact I had a pair I wore for years and when the strap across the foot finally gave out I was actually on a Disney World trip...I was so upset because they were the most comfortable pair of shoes to spend all day walking in that I had ever owned!
They are the BEST SHOES EVER. I would live in them, if I could! :cloud9: I'm tempted to go ahead and buy a back-up pair in each color, so that I have them put away for when my current ones finally fall apart!

I may have to check out Etsy for some iron ons... I do own an iron but I believe is has only been used about 3 times in over 17 years so...
But I think the Disney Store shirts run small all together and I do not like the standard t-shirt fit so soft comfy walmary shirts with Disney iron ons sounds like a great idea!
Yes, exactly! These tees I got at Walmart are totally comfy and fit right! So I hope the iron-ons turn out okay! :goodvibes

Congrats on the Universal tickets - it's always nice to get something free so that you have more Disney money.
Well, in this case, it's not really extra Disney money, since I'm still saving up for the trip expenses. More like it's $150 less that I have to worry about having before the trip, which is a huge relief! :thumbsup2

Here are my "fur babies":
img_20150601_121254-jpg.100252

They're all named Fishy. They're technically not furbabies because fish don't have fur, but ... They're also made out of glass.
They were centerpieces at my bat mitzvah party when I was 12 and have somewhat survived since. Although I really need to clean the fishbowl...
I LOVE that you contributed to the conversation with these guys! Love love love! And they ARE very pretty! :cutie:

I don't have any live furbabies. I can barely take care of myself sometimes, there's no way I could take care of a furbaby.
Honestly, my friends have commented on how much better care I take of my cats than I take care of myself. :rotfl:

I too am a plus size gal... I bought tshirts at Torrid (sizes 14-32) with disney on them 2 ariel, the rose, cinderella and minnie. Thinking about a couple more that are not white tees but we'll see
How did you feel about the way the Torrid tees fit? I always found that they're just too short for me. (Granted, it's been years since I last tried.) :confused3

That's fantastic news regarding the Universal passes!
Isn't it, though? I'm so stoked!!! One less thing!!! :woohoo:

11265251_10153063041205668_479558822960385090_n.jpg

This is my sweet princess, Amber. She is about 11 years old and loves to be snuggled. She always has to be sleeping on you or right next to you. At night her favourite spots are the crook of my knees or on my foot.:laughing:
Princess Amber! Look at that beautiful girl!!! I love love love this photo, too! It's perfect! princess:

This is my handsome prince, Hobbes. He is around 8 years old. He is a huge scardey cat although each year he improves in bravery just a little bit. He truly believes in "stranger danger" and will run and hide under a bed when anybody enters the house. He loves his sister Amber and always trys to take care of her by giving her baths and sleeping close to her. She doesn't always allow it though and sometimes he gets sent away in disgrace for daring to invade her space. Most of the time though they get along wonderfully!
Awwww, he's beautiful! And too cute perched on top of the piano! What a handsome boy! :goodvibes

Billie, great idea you had posting pics of our pets :dogdance::cat: I swear I'm going to figure out how to post pictures on here one of these days.......:rolleyes1
I know you can upload pics directly to the DIS now. I've never done it, so I'm no help in explaining it, though! :confused:

Anyway I have 2 cats, I've had cats all my life. Both of my current kitties are from a rescue shelter :thumbsup2
YAY! Rescue babies are the BEST! :lovestruc

Jazzy is a beautiful little calico girl and Jackie is a big 25 lb. boy, who looks exactly like Angelica above! Jazz is now almost 7 and Jackie is 9.
Awwww! They sound precious!! :cutie:

Jackie was an indoor/outdoor cat (for a couple reasons) and got hit by a car last May, shattering his pelvis in 3 places. That was a tough recovery but he's almost as good as new and stays inside with Jazzy all the time now :)
Awwww, that poor poor baby!!! :sad1: I'm glad to hear he's on the mend!!

I'd toss DH out before I got rid of my kitties!!!!
You're my kinda people. :hug:

BTW, when I was 18 and away at college, my mom "spun" my cat Patches in the dryer for about 20 seconds........thank God that's all it was! Mom wasn't going to tell me but my younger sister thought it would be cool to call me and tell me :scared1:
God, this is one of my biggest fears! :scared: I actually never close the dryer door without triple-checking that neither of my boys are inside it!

image_25.jpg

This is Nina (or Neenybean, or Bean Bag, or Baggers)...she is a 15 year old Black lab. She came to us with Cary and his kids about 2 1/2 years ago and is the most sloth like creature I have ever seen...except if it involved food or Cary! When he gets home you'd think she was a puppy but otherwise she ignores the rest of us mostly. Skyler, surprisingly enough, the littlest one of us all, is the only one besides Cary she will listen to!
Awww, look at that beautiful sweet old girl! I'd like to be sloth-like with her! So sweet! :cutie:

Skyler continuously asks for chickens (she has a friend who raises them and is willing to give her some) but that answer has routinely been NO!
Good call! Ewww, chickens! They're very dirty and smelly. (At least they taste delicious!) :laughing:

PS - here's my furbaby, Anga :goodvibes

img_0626-jpg.100359
OH. MY. GOD. :eek: Look at her! LOOK AT HER! She's adorable! LOOKA DAT CUTE FRIGGIN CAT OMG!!!!!

This is Scottsdale (Scottie or little man for short. He is 12!
image.jpg
I got him as an impulse purchase on spring break in college... Yes it was a spa spring break with my mom and sister in Scottsdale Arizona, but saying spring break always gets a better reaction.
He is the love of my life, and DH knows it... If I had to chose I hope DH has someplace warm to sleep:rotfl2:
image.jpg

image.jpg Here's the best pic I have on my phone. It's from Christmas when Hannah was tormenting her with reindeer antlers. This is Jill the Jack Russell. This has pretty much been her face since we brought Hannah home from the hospital "these humans are crazy...."

This was the best I could get because, as I type, I am on my way to DISNEY WORLD!! i take one of the kids I nanny and his friends on a road trip every year. This year was supposed to be Austin but since Texas is mostly flooded, they let us pick somewhere else and agreed to Disney! Best road trip ever!!

This is Scottsdale (Scottie or little man for short. He is 12!
image-jpg.100366
LOOK AT SCOTTIE, OMG!!!! He's super freakin' cute!! I love him!! :lovestruc

I got him as an impulse purchase on spring break in college... Yes it was a spa spring break with my mom and sister in Scottsdale Arizona, but saying spring break always gets a better reaction.
:laughing: Very effective storytelling. How FUNNY!

He is the love of my life, and DH knows it... If I had to chose I hope DH has someplace warm to sleep:rotfl2:
image-jpg.100370
:lmao: That's the way it should be, girl! SCOTTIE IS JUST DARLING!!!

image-jpg.100385
Here's the best pic I have on my phone. It's from Christmas when Hannah was tormenting her with reindeer antlers. This is Jill the Jack Russell. This has pretty much been her face since we brought Hannah home from the hospital "these humans are crazy...."
Awwwwww, what a GOOD baby!!! Hi, Jill!!! She looks like such a sweetheart!!! :cutie:

This was the best I could get because, as I type, I am on my way to DISNEY WORLD!! i take one of the kids I nanny and his friends on a road trip every year. This year was supposed to be Austin but since Texas is mostly flooded, they let us pick somewhere else and agreed to Disney! Best road trip ever!!
WHAAAAAAAAAT!!!!! :eek: Omg omg omg!!!! How EXCITING!!!! :hyper:

i will let it slide THIS TIME! :rotfl2:
Thank you, great and benevolent Mo! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter