It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

How exciting!! I think it sounds great - time in Diagon Alley plus drinks and ice cream!

I can totally understand your hesitation at this point. I know an extra $75 is quite a bit - especially since you are doing the Christmas party as well.

Either way, it will be a magical trip! Wonderful dinner at Ohana or party in Diagon Alley - not a bad dilemma to have!!

Well in that case, when wouldn't unlimited butter beer ice cream be a great idea? Mmmmmm....
I know, right?!?! :cutie:

Do the party!!!
Extra money is not particularly fun, but ... unlimited drinks & ice cream and lower crowds are definitely good perks!
I'm also a big fan of unique experiences, which I think this will be ... and I think it might be worth missing Ohana.
I tend to agree with you!!! :thumbsup2

That said ... I totally understand waiting for park hours to be released before buying anything. Waiting for park hours can be so frustrating ... it's like they want us to plan in advance, but not so far in advance ... oh well, at least you'll have the park hours some time next month and you can start doing more planning then!
Yeah, if my estimates are correct, December park hours should come out about 2 weeks after from my trip this weekend. It'll be a relief to dive into that planning to help combat those inevitable post-WDW blue! ::yes::

ohhh a new party!!! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG how exciting for you!!!! I HOPE you do it!!!
Me too!!!! :hyper:

How exciting!! I think it sounds great - time in Diagon Alley plus drinks and ice cream!

I can totally understand your hesitation at this point. I know an extra $75 is quite a bit - especially since you are doing the Christmas party as well.

Either way, it will be a magical trip! Wonderful dinner at Ohana or party in Diagon Alley - not a bad dilemma to have!!
I know, of all the problems a person could have, this is one I don't mind. :laughing:

Hmm. An afterhours Harry Potter party just for DISers, you say? Wait, what?... December 5th?... *checks itinerary*... OMG, THAT'S THE EXACT DAY I PLANNED ON BEING AT UNIVERSAL FOR HARRY POTTER...

*clicks!*
*reads*
*hyperventilates*

OMG OMG OMG! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

What are the chances of this happening on the exact day you'd already planned on being at Universal?!?!?!?! This is just incredible!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I'm here, I'm here, you can finally get this party started....oh, wait....:rotfl:

I saw that dis diagon alley party advertised. That looks super fun!

Can't wait to see what plans firm up to look like!

Well I'm glad I haven't started my pre trip report. I was trying to wait till this semester of classes are finished. If I would have done it I would basically have to start over. The hours are killing me. Doesn't Disney know we are planners :scared: Ah well I have the hours for the first 3 days of my trip now just waiting for the rest :bored:

I'm here, I'm here, you can finally get this party started....oh, wait....:rotfl:
God, FINALLY! What took you so long, Lori? The party has totally been waiting for you! party:

I saw that dis diagon alley party advertised. That looks super fun!
I know, omg! I'm so excited! I hope it works out that we can do it! :hyper:

Can't wait to see what plans firm up to look like!
You and me both! Still waiting on those dang park hours, though! :badpc:

Well I'm glad I haven't started my pre trip report. I was trying to wait till this semester of classes are finished. If I would have done it I would basically have to start over
That's the whole POINT of a PTR, girl! So you can work and re-work and re-re-work all your plans... with company of fellow planning addicts! :rotfl:

The hours are killing me. Doesn't Disney know we are planners :scared: Ah well I have the hours for the first 3 days of my trip now just waiting for the rest :bored:
I've tentatively done our itinerary, and penciled everything in based on the Dec. 2014 and Nov. 2015 hours. So my hope is that when the Dec. 2015 hours come out in the next couple weeks, I'll only have to re-do parts of my plans. We'll see, though! :scratchin

Okay I'm going on a hope lol but I think I have re figured my dates:duck: lol. I just had to swap a few things around.

12 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
37 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
157 days until FP+! :cutie:
217 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Been a while, since I've been focused on my April TR and DR, and attempting to keep up with all of ya'lls various reports, too! I just thought I'd do one very quick RL update...

So apparently I brought back with me from Disney World last weekend an unintended souvenir... I've been out of work and home sick this week with a gnarly head cold. My throat was sore on Monday as I was driving back from Disney, then on Tuesday I started getting congested, and Wednesday it turned into full-blown misery, so I called out sick. :crazy2: On Thursday (yesterday), there was still zero improvement, so called out again and I went to see my doctor, who prescribed me a z-pack and steroids, and told me to stay home today, just in case I'm still contagious. She did clear me to go back to work tomorrow, though. :thumbsup2

I know my work wife is unhappy about it and hasn't had much to say to me, because it meant she had to rearrange some personal life things to be at the office to cover for me, but what am I supposed to do, you know? :confused3 I haven't called out sick like this since August 2013, so it's not like I make a habit of this. I'm trying not to let it bother me, but it is. :guilty:

The good news is that the meds are working and I'm starting to feel human again. I won't be 100% at work tomorrow, but I'll at least be able to manage and get through the day. (Saturdays are also a shorter day... 6.5 hours instead of 8 hours). And then I'm off on Sunday, so I'm sure by Monday I'll be good to go. :goodvibes

So that's my whine! Back to Disney... I should have December park hours in the next two weeks!!! They watch is ON! I'm so excited to finally get our itinerary set in stone, and able to really coordinate my ADR strategy. :cutie: Sooooon!

Aw ... coming back from Disney sick is sad. All you really want to bring back are some awesome memories and awesome souvenirs!

I'm glad to hear the meds are working, and I hope you feel 100% better soon!

Sorry you're not feeling well - it sucks being sick!!
DH was sick for a couple of days on our last trip, spent one entire day on his own at the resort, with a fever.

Thankfully he only really missed rafikis planet watch. It was a repeat AK day. We're going to make sure he gets to see it this time. :)

I'm sorry you're not feeling great. I've had a whole sinus issue this week which has been kicking my butt, so I know how you feel.

Don't feel too bad about missing work. I know it's a bummer to put others out when you're gone, but just think how upset they'd be if you came in and got them sick too.

Come on, park hours! So close!!!

I'm so sorry you're sick! I can understand how you feel missing work. I would feel the same way - I don't like to inconvenience anyone else but sometimes you need to take care of YOU - especially when you're sick and you need rest!

Excited to hear about plans firming up after park hours are released!

Ugh, so sorry to hear that you've been sick, Billie! Hope you're feeling much better and was able to take some time today to just rest up!

YAY for park hours being out soon!!! :thumbsup2

Ugh... Being sick stinks. The only benefit to being sick now is that your aren't sick AT Disney! It's such a fear of mine that i occasionally make myself sick on the days leading up to a trip! Crazy!

Following along... I'm heading in December too, but closer to the end of the month! I'm thinking about doing a PTR... It feels like i've done so much planning that I should actually share it!

I'm trying to lose a few lbs before i head too... Since that ooey gooey toffee cake thing gets me in seeious trouble! I recently cut out soda, and its helped me drop a few in the last month. Actually, i lost almost six lbs in the last two weeks... Thank you, norovirus!! I'm not suggesting you go around licking doorknobs or anything, though! :rotfl2:

Cannot wait for park hours!!!

Aw ... coming back from Disney sick is sad. All you really want to bring back are some awesome memories and awesome souvenirs!

I'm glad to hear the meds are working, and I hope you feel 100% better soon!
Thanks! I'm definitely on the mend! :cutie:

Sorry you're not feeling well - it sucks being sick!!
No kidding! :crazy2:

DH was sick for a couple of days on our last trip, spent one entire day on his own at the resort, with a fever.

Thankfully he only really missed rafikis planet watch. It was a repeat AK day. We're going to make sure he gets to see it this time. :)
I did tell my Mom when I was at my worst last week how grateful I was that I didn't have my first symptom (sore throat) until I was on my way home from Disney. I was imaging if this had been one of my week-long trips, and I started getting sick on just the 3rd day, with 4 more days to do. I would have been so upset! :sad:

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Germs stink! Feel better soon.

Gail
Feeling better already! :goodvibes Thank you!

I'm sorry you're not feeling great. I've had a whole sinus issue this week which has been kicking my butt, so I know how you feel.

Don't feel too bad about missing work. I know it's a bummer to put others out when you're gone, but just think how upset they'd be if you came in and got them sick too.
That's what I'm saying! I'm back to work now, though, and all is well. I'm still sniffly, but nothing I can't handle. :thumbsup2

Come on, park hours! So close!!!
Yaaaassss! Any day now! :hyper:

I'm so sorry you're sick! I can understand how you feel missing work. I would feel the same way - I don't like to inconvenience anyone else but sometimes you need to take care of YOU - especially when you're sick and you need rest!
I agree! (And I'm all about taking care of ME! That's why I travel solo! :rotfl:)

Excited to hear about plans firming up after park hours are released!
You and me both, girl! :bitelip:

Ugh, so sorry to hear that you've been sick, Billie! Hope you're feeling much better and was able to take some time today to just rest up!
I did, I was so lazy yesterday! :thumbsup2

YAY for park hours being out soon!!! :thumbsup2
Yassss! I NEEDS THEMS! :hyper:

Ugh... Being sick stinks. The only benefit to being sick now is that your aren't sick AT Disney! It's such a fear of mine that i occasionally make myself sick on the days leading up to a trip! Crazy!
I completely agree, and am SO thankful that I started getting sick on the LAST day of my trip, instead of the first! :goodvibes

Following along... I'm heading in December too, but closer to the end of the month! I'm thinking about doing a PTR... It feels like i've done so much planning that I should actually share it!
Dooooo eeeeeet! (I'm a big PTR pusher! :laughing: )

I'm trying to lose a few lbs before i head too... Since that ooey gooey toffee cake thing gets me in seeious trouble! I recently cut out soda, and its helped me drop a few in the last month. Actually, i lost almost six lbs in the last two weeks... Thank you, norovirus!! I'm not suggesting you go around licking doorknobs or anything, though! :rotfl2:
I'd like to request 24 servings of Norovirus, please! (At 3 pounds a week, I'll be looking GOOD in time for my trip! :lmao:)

Cannot wait for park hours!!!
Me either!!! It's killing me!!! I'm dying to know if my tentative itinerary will work, and if/how much I'll need to reconfigure things! :hyper:

So sorry to hear your not feeling well! Get better!!!
Thanks, Mo! YOU TOO! :hug:

Wahoo I found you!!! I'm late to the party...again...but I really enjoyed reading your April PTR and currently enjoying your TR and DR's....so thought I'd pop over here to continue the fun.

Man...I'm still new at this Disney planning stuff compared to you. Here I was all smug thinking I was so ahead of the game booking our trip for October in April and sigh....by the time I booked so many ADR's were already unavailable. Next time...I need to start even earlier and do all those countdowns like y'alls (I'm getting all Southern being around these boards lol).

Anyway...sorry that you got some germs...glad they are on their way out. I look forward to following along with your plans to see what such an expert has in mind for some complicated planning...different people with different tastes and even some US thrown in for good measure...it all sounds amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter