It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

Hi!! I'm late to the party but I'm jumping in with both feet!! We are going to be there around the same time. This is our first trip to WDW!! We are here in California so we've been to Disneyland a lot of times. We are cruising on the Dream first and then going to the parks. So exciting!

Great deal of the NE tickets!! Sounds like plenty of savings for a nice meal or maybe a new tiara...:rolleyes1

Love your ADR list too. Crystal Palace was our favorite character meal last trip. We had a 10:30 ADR so it was breakfast when we arrived but they switched over to lunch at the very end (maybe around 11:30?). So I started the meal with bacon and puffed French toast then ended it with salmon and cream of asparagus soup!

I have Ohana on my list for next family trip and I'm thinking of either Boma or Sanaa for during my solo trip.

Can't wait to hear more about your plans!

I don't know if we can be friends any more. :hug: jk.
Well, of course we can still be friends. We'd actually be perfect dinner companions. I'll happily trade you my icky yucky veggies for your steak/chicken/porkchop/whatever/meeeeeat! :D

Plus I'm a big lady... I can totally protect you from hungry dinos and out-of-control meteors. ;)

I should mention that Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom reduces me to tears (and I could ride Tower of Terror, Everest, and Rockin' Roller Coaster for days on end), so the idea of being stuck in a restaurant with constant meteor storms is a bit of nightmare for me, so I'll just live vicariously through you.
This actually reminds me of a friend of mine that I traveled with a couple of times in our early 20s. She absolutely refused to ride Dinosaur, claiming that it was too bumpy and jerky for her. But when I would try to talk her into riding it, you could see the sheer panic and terror on her face. She just refused to admit that she was scared of it. So don't worry, you're definitely not alone! :hug:

Hi!! I'm late to the party but I'm jumping in with both feet!! We are going to be there around the same time. This is our first trip to WDW!! We are here in California so we've been to Disneyland a lot of times. We are cruising on the Dream first and then going to the parks. So exciting!
Hi hi! :welcome: Thanks for joining in! And congratulations on your first WDW trip! I'm planning my first DL trip ever for my 40th birthday in December 2020. (Don't worry, I haven't started that PTR quite yet. :laughing: )

Great deal of the NE tickets!! Sounds like plenty of savings for a nice meal or maybe a new tiara...:rolleyes1
Believe it or not, I think I'm going to stick with the tiara I have! I do love it so. :cloud9: I'm going to use my ticket savings to treat for breakfast at Boma on the day we leave. Om nom nom.

Love your ADR list too. Crystal Palace was our favorite character meal last trip. We had a 10:30 ADR so it was breakfast when we arrived but they switched over to lunch at the very end (maybe around 11:30?). So I started the meal with bacon and puffed French toast then ended it with salmon and cream of asparagus soup!
You know, I attempted to do the same at Tusker House on my last trip! I think my ADR as for 10:45 or so. I was wanting to make it a "brunch," and be there for the switch-over from breakfast to lunch, so that I could sample offerings from both services. So I waited. And waited. And waited. By 11:45, I said to heck with it and left. :laughing: So I'm going back for dinner on the next trip (which now has the characters, hooray!).

I have Ohana on my list for next family trip and I'm thinking of either Boma or Sanaa for during my solo trip.

Can't wait to hear more about your plans!
Ohana and Boma are always Must-Do's for me. I love Ohana for dinner. I keep telling myself that I'm going to try it for breakfast one of these years, but I just keep going back for those chicken wings and noodles. Mmmm. I'm drooling just thinking about it! :faint:

Until my last trip, I'd always done and loved Boma for dinner. Then I tried it for breakfast and HOLY YUM! It was kinda the perfect departure day breakfast before hitting the road home. It's becoming a new tradition for me! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Thank you for the welcome!

Disneyland is much easier to plan for. Well, except for where to stay.

Thank you for the welcome!

Disneyland is much easier to plan for. Well, except for where to stay.
Really? When I planned a little fantasy trip for myself, I thought that was the easiest part! Haha. Disneyland Hotel, no doubt! :thumbsup2

Really? When I planned a little fantasy trip for myself, I thought that was the easiest part! Haha. Disneyland Hotel, no doubt! :thumbsup2

If we were staying onsite there is no doubt but staying offsite there are so many really choices at a much lower price. There are some that are within closer walking distance than the resort hotels.

57 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
87 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
207 days until FP+! :cutie:
267 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

I've spent my few free moments over the last couple days trying to catch up on most of ya'lls PTR/TRs! Aren't you proud of me! I still have a few more to catch up on (you're next, Sarah!), but I thought I'd take a moment to do a little update here.

Room & Dining package is 65% paid off! And the money for the Disney park tickets is set aside in my Savings account, just waiting on the boss lady to make the new pricing live in our system so I can scoop them up for super cheap! :hyper:

Speaking of park tickets, I forgot to mention in the last update that even though our 5-Day Hopper No Expiration tickets are getting marked-down to $319, I'm actually only paying $269 for my ticket. How's THAT, you say? Well, between all the good things my new boss has been saying about me recently, and the $12,000 Princess Cruise booking I landed last month, my department Division Head decided to thank me for my hard work with a $50 Gift Card for the PX here on the base where I work. And it just so happens that our travel office is also set up to accept those same gift cards... As soon as I got my hot little hands on it, I immediately thought to myself "DISNEY TICKET MONEY, F--- YEAH!" :woohoo:

Oh! And after a chat with my aunt, it turns out she has NEVER in her 50+ years of life, EVER... played miniature golf. So when she found out that there's two mini-golf places at WDW, she flipped out and asked if we could go to one. :laughing: Not something I would normally do, because it's a lot of time on my feet. I tried doing WinterSummerland about 10 years ago, and by the end I was miserable. I can't imagine that something like that is very ECV friendly, either. (Hmm, I should probably hit up the DISabilities forum here about this before I write it off completely.) Anyhow, I digress... She got all super giddy and excited over the idea, so I'm going to make sure at least she and my uncle get to go. Maybe I'll send them over there on our rest/DTD day, and just have them meet up with me for our T-Rex dinner that evening, followed by night shopping at DTD. Hmmm... :scratchin

Late last night before bed I decided to pop in my 2015 Disney Parks Planning DVD and curl up on the couch to watch it. I've had it for a couple months, but this was the first chance I've had to sit down with it. I love watching the planning DVDs, they just make me fell all warm and happy. :cloud9:

I've kinda definitely fo' realz have fallen off of the weight-loss wagon. I'm not gaining anything back, thank goodness. But I'm not losing anymore, either. I know I should be trying harder, but cheeseburgers and cupcakes just make me so dang happy! :cutie: And I'm perfectly fine and happy with being a big lady. I would just like to lose enough so that I have more energy and stamina for the parks. I should probably start exercising some too, but... Mmmm. Couch. :D

Stilling thinking about writing up that list of Must-Do's for Downtown Disney! Maybe later today. Or this weekend. Or next week. Or next month. Who knows with me. :P I gotta spread it out, I still have 2 months until park hours for December are released and my planning (and compulsive PTR updating) can TRULY begin! DUN-DUN-DUN! :eek: I can't wait!

Last edited:
Mini Golf is fun. like you i don't want it to take up my precious Disney time! I am not going to harp on you with weight. BUT i will say we are starting to gear up for Disney!!! and it's a health thing. we all care! :hug:

Mini Golf is fun. like you i don't want it to take up my precious Disney time! I am not going to harp on you with weight. BUT i will say we are starting to gear up for Disney!!! and it's a health thing. we all care! :hug:
But... But... CHEESEBURGERS. :sad: :rotfl:

And yeah, I don't see the point of spending Disney time playing mini-golf, either. But I wouldn't mind it for a day that is already ear-marked as a no-park day. Plus you should have heard the excitement in her voice... I HAVE to make it happen for her! :goodvibes

57 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
87 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
207 days until FP+! :cutie:
267 days until WDW!

I've spent my few free moments over the last couple days trying to catch up on most of ya'lls PTR/TRs! Aren't you proud of me! I still have a few more to catch up on (you're next, Sarah!), but I thought I'd take a moment to do a little update here.

Room & Dining package is 65% paid off! And the money for the Disney park tickets is set aside in my Savings account, just waiting on the boss lady to make the new pricing live in our system so I can scoop them up for super cheap! :hyper:

Speaking of park tickets, I forgot to mention in the last update that even though our 5-Day Hopper No Expiration tickets are getting marked-down to $319, I'm actually only paying $269 for my ticket. How's THAT, you say? Well, between all the good things my new boss has been saying about me recently, and the $12,000 Princess Cruise booking I landed last month, my department Division Head decided to thank me for my hard work with a $50 Gift Card for the PX here on the base where I work. And it just so happens that our travel office is also set up to accept those same gift cards... As soon as I got my hot little hands on it, I immediately thought to myself "DISNEY TICKET MONEY, F--- YEAH!" :woohoo:

Oh! And after a chat with my aunt, it turns out she has NEVER in her 50+ years of life, EVER... played miniature golf. So when she found out that there's two mini-golf places at WDW, she flipped out and asked if we could go to one. :laughing: Not something I would normally do, because it's a lot of time on my feet. I tried doing WinterSummerland about 10 years ago, and by the end I was miserable. I can't imagine that something like that is very ECV friendly, either. (Hmm, I should probably hit up the DISabilities forum here about this before I write it off completely.) Anyhow, I digress... She got all super giddy and excited over the idea, so I'm going to make sure at least she and my uncle get to go. Maybe I'll send them over there on our rest/DTD day, and just have them meet up with me for our T-Rex dinner that evening, followed by night shopping at DTD. Hmmm... :scratchin

Late last night before bed I decided to pop in my 2015 Disney Parks Planning DVD and curl up on the couch to watch it. I've had it for a couple months, but this was the first chance I've had to sit down with it. I love watching the planning DVDs, they just make me fell all warm and happy. :cloud9:

I've kinda definitely fo' realz have fallen off of the weight-loss wagon. I'm not gaining anything back, thank goodness. But I'm not losing anymore, either. I know I should be trying harder, but cheeseburgers and cupcakes just make me so dang happy! :cutie: And I'm perfectly fine and happy with being a big lady. I would just like to lose enough so that I have more energy and stamina for the parks. I should probably start exercising some too, but... Mmmm. Couch. :D

Stilling thinking about writing up that list of Must-Do's for Downtown Disney! Maybe later today. Or this weekend. Or next week. Or next month. Who knows with me. :P I gotta spread it out, I still have 2 months until park hours for December are released and my planning (and compulsive PTR updating) can TRULY begin! DUN-DUN-DUN! :eek: I can't wait!

I know you've mentioned it somewhere before, but I'm feeling too lazy to go hunt for it - how do you figure out the days/dates for release of park hours, etc.? You have a widget?

Yay for being 65% paid off - that's pretty amazing for being 267 days away! And awesome that you have a gift card to apply to the ticket ... the best rewards at work are the ones that you can use for Disney!

I think mini-golf at Disney will be fun (that's why I almost did it last trip), but I don't know how ECV-friendly the courses are. And unlike regular golf, mini-golf doesn't come with golf carts, so you do have to do a lot of walking. But hopefully your aunt and uncle will enjoy it!

I say this from experience ... the weight-loss thing is hard! It will all pay off in the end, but it's really hard to stick to it, especially when the food you shouldn't be eating tastes really good (chocolate and cookies, I'm looking at you!). So I totally understand falling off the wagon ... I'm in the same boat right now.

Speaking of park tickets, I forgot to mention in the last update that even though our 5-Day Hopper No Expiration tickets are getting marked-down to $319, I'm actually only paying $269 for my ticket.

Yay!!! That's amazing! And congrats on that great cruise booking - woohoo! :thumbsup2

Wow, your aunt has never been mini-golfing?! :confused3 I went to WinterSummerland nearly 10 years ago myself and, as much fun as it was, I can't help but think: why play mini-golf at Disney when there are SO many other things to do there?!?!? :laughing: But to each his or her own I suppose... after all, you are talking to a parks commando here with me so what do you expect! :rotfl:

Great news about even CHEAPER tickets!! Woohoo! :goodvibes

I don't know much about either mini golf course but I'm sure they're great. I just don't know if I could spend my precious Disney time there. But it sounds like your aunt is really excited!!

Can't wait to hear more about your plans when park hours are released!

I know you've mentioned it somewhere before, but I'm feeling too lazy to go hunt for it - how do you figure out the days/dates for release of park hours, etc.? You have a widget?
Yes! It is a widget I use, in combination with pscalculator.net . I'll actually write more about it the upcoming update! :cutie:

Yay for being 65% paid off - that's pretty amazing for being 267 days away! And awesome that you have a gift card to apply to the ticket ... the best rewards at work are the ones that you can use for Disney!

I think mini-golf at Disney will be fun (that's why I almost did it last trip), but I don't know how ECV-friendly the courses are. And unlike regular golf, mini-golf doesn't come with golf carts, so you do have to do a lot of walking. But hopefully your aunt and uncle will enjoy it!

I say this from experience ... the weight-loss thing is hard! It will all pay off in the end, but it's really hard to stick to it, especially when the food you shouldn't be eating tastes really good (chocolate and cookies, I'm looking at you!). So I totally understand falling off the wagon ... I'm in the same boat right now.
I've decided to skip the mini-golf myself, and let the two of them go do that on their own on our rest day if they want. Meanwhile I will go lounge by the pool reading or Facebooking while hitting the frozen cocktails. That's MY idea of time well-spent, and I'm sure by that point I will be ready for a little solo time anyhow. ::yes::

Yay!!! That's amazing! And congrats on that great cruise booking - woohoo! :thumbsup2

Wow, your aunt has never been mini-golfing?! :confused3 I went to WinterSummerland nearly 10 years ago myself and, as much fun as it was, I can't help but think: why play mini-golf at Disney when there are SO many other things to do there?!?!? :laughing: But to each his or her own I suppose... after all, you are talking to a parks commando here with me so what do you expect! :rotfl:
I agree! Hence why I'm making sure we don't sacrifice any park time for it. With my Lupus and Fibromyalgia, I HAVE to take a rest day in the middle of the trip, so I figure that's the perfect time to send them off to WinterSummerland for a couple hours. :thumbsup2

Great news about even CHEAPER tickets!! Woohoo! :goodvibes

I don't know much about either mini golf course but I'm sure they're great. I just don't know if I could spend my precious Disney time there. But it sounds like your aunt is really excited!!

Can't wait to hear more about your plans when park hours are released!
I want those park hours sooooo badly. A little less than two months to go yet! :faint:

48 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
78 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
198 days until FP+! :cutie:
258 days until WDW!

First of all, I neeeeeeeeeeeeed May to get here. Like, NOW. I'm dying not having park hours. It's physically KILLING me.

tumblr_n1vb4nnitj1s49xrqo1_500.gif

I've planned all that I can plan at this point. I've tooled and re-tooled my ADR wishlist as much as I can without having a concrete itinerary in place. I need that legit itinerary before I can come up with a FP+ plan. I can't finalize my resort until the military rates come out over the summer. OH WOE IS ME. :sad:

tumblr_m4yyjs73yA1rxnrovo1_500.gif

...Okay, enough of that drama. Here's some happy stuff!

Guess who bought her park tickets this weeK? THIS GIRL!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Check these beautiful babies out... Are ya'll ready for a blast from the past? Magic Your Way tickets, 5-Day Hopper w/ No Expiration Option, circa 2007:

20150316_183547-1.jpg

And for anybody wondering, YES, they linked right up to my My Disney Experience account without any trouble at all. So they've all been linked and assigned... and you better believe that I totally called dibs on Cinderella. :cutie:

So yes, that's one less thing! It felt REALLY good to get those paid for and taken care of. Now as far as tickets go, it's just MVMCP (which we'll buy in April) and Universal, which I'm going to hold off on until the last minute to see if my friend that works there can still hook me up with comps (but I'm going to have the money set aside in case that he can't).

Recently, @squeegee posted on the thread here, and asked me about how I come up with and track my "# Days Until..." countdowns, so I thought I would write about that! :teeth:

First, using THIS handy tool, I started by figuring out my ADR date (June 7th) and my FP+ date (October 5th).

Then I studied the release pattern of the park hours at the Disney Travel Agents portal, and discovered that each month is usually posted 7 months out, on the first or second Friday of the month. Based on this deductive reasoning, the December park hours should be posted in May, however May 1st itself is a Friday. So my best guess is that I'll see those hours post on either the 1st, 8th, or 15th. For my countdown, I chose to use the 8th as it is the median of all three.

And of course, I know my travel dates. So now I have all four of my important dates to count down to... Park Hours, ADRs, FP+, and Check-In.

Armed with this information, I utilized a widget I found for Android called "Days Left." There's different sizes and colors you can use, but for my purposes, since I have started off with four of them, I use the small 1x1 widget. And then I just set up a widget for each important date. and added them to my "Disney" screen on my phone (the first screen I see when I swipe left from home screen). Wha-lah:

Screenshot_2015-03-21-12-45-30.png

As you can see, they read across the bottom in order: Park Hours (yellow), ADRs (purple), FP+ (teal), and Check-In (pink.)

On a side note... For anybody curious, the photo frame in the middle automatically rotates between that Mickey & Friends picture, and pics of Cinderella Castle, Spaceship Earth, Tower of Terror, and the Tree of Life. Yes, I realize that Trivia Crack and Google Search aren't Disney-related, but I didn't have a good spot for them on my other screens. And yes, my background is indeed a photo of a cat eating an ice cream cone and surrounded by candy and sparkles. Don't judge me! :rolleyes:

Anyhow, back to the widgets! Another cool feature is you can actually input not just the date, but what event it's counting down to. So for example, when I tap on the pink one, this screen pops up:

Screenshot_2015-03-21-13-17-34.png

I like it. Makes it quick and easy to always have my countdowns at my fingertips. Maybe it's a tad neurotic, but that's pretty much what WDW planning is all about! Right? ... right? :scared:

So anyhow. That's all I have for this installment. I'll get re-caught-up on all of ya'lls threads soon, I swear it!

Until next time! :goodvibes

Last edited:
I love, love, love the countdowns! I need to set one up ASAP. And I don't think it's neurotic at all. Totally normal and completely necessary Disney planning!

The waiting until SOMETHING is the hardest part of Disney planning. When you can book, really start planning park days, ADRs, FP+, packing...I love it all. But I actually totally planned our next trip just using last years park hours...even if I have to change it all it was fun!

I love the no expiration tickets! Cute Disney all the way!

48 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
78 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
198 days until FP+! :cutie:
258 days until WDW!

First of all, I neeeeeeeeeeeeed May to get here. Like, NOW. I'm dying not having park hours. It's physically KILLING me.

tumblr_n1vb4nnitj1s49xrqo1_500.gif

I've planned all that I can plan at this point. I've tooled and re-tooled my ADR wishlist as much as I can without having a concrete itinerary in place. I need that legit itinerary before I can come up with a FP+ plan. I can't finalize my resort until the military rates come out over the summer. OH WOE IS ME. :sad:

tumblr_m4yyjs73yA1rxnrovo1_500.gif

...Okay, enough of that drama. Here's some happy stuff!

Guess who bought her park tickets this weeK? THIS GIRL!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Check these beautiful babies out... Are ya'll ready for a blast from the past? Magic Your Way tickets, 5-Day Hopper w/ No Expiration Option, circa 2007:

20150316_183547-1.jpg

And for anybody wondering, YES, they linked right up to my My Disney Experience account without any trouble at all. So they've all been linked and assigned... and you better believe that I totally called dibs on Cinderella. :cutie:

So yes, that's one less thing! It felt REALLY good to get those paid for and taken care of. Now as far as tickets go, it's just MVMCP (which we'll buy in April) and Universal, which I'm going to hold off on until the last minute to see if my friend that works there can still hook me up with comps (but I'm going to have the money set aside in case that he can't).

Recently, @squeegee posted on the thread here, and asked me about how I come up with and track my "# Days Until..." countdowns, so I thought I would write about that! :teeth:

First, using THIS handy tool, I started by figuring out my ADR date (June 7th) and my FP+ date (October 5th).

Then I studied the release pattern of the park hours at the Disney Travel Agents portal, and discovered that each month is usually posted 7 months out, on the first or second Friday of the month. Based on this deductive reasoning, the December park hours should be posted in May, however May 1st itself is a Friday. So my best guess is that I'll see those hours post on either the 1st, 8th, or 15th. For my countdown, I chose to use the 8th as it is the median of all three.

And of course, I know my travel dates. So now I have all four of my important dates to count down to... Park Hours, ADRs, FP+, and Check-In.

Armed with this information, I utilized a widget I found for Android called "Days Left." There's different sizes and colors you can use, but for my purposes, since I have started off with four of them, I use the small 1x1 widget. And then I just set up a widget for each important date. and added them to my "Disney" screen on my phone (the first screen I see when I swipe left from home screen). Wha-lah:

Screenshot_2015-03-21-12-45-30.png

As you can see, they read across the bottom in order: Park Hours (yellow), ADRs (purple), FP+ (teal), and Check-In (pink.)

On a side note... For anybody curious, the photo frame in the middle automatically rotates between that Mickey & Friends picture, and pics of Cinderella Castle, Spaceship Earth, Tower of Terror, and the Tree of Life. Yes, I realize that Trivia Crack and Google Search aren't Disney-related, but I didn't have a good spot for them on my other screens. And yes, my background is indeed a photo of a cat eating an ice cream cone and surrounded by candy and sparkles. Don't judge me! :rolleyes:

Anyhow, back to the widgets! Another cool feature is you can actually input not just the date, but what event it's counting down to. So for example, when I tap on the pink one, this screen pops up:

Screenshot_2015-03-21-13-17-34.png

I like it. Makes it quick and easy to always have my countdowns at my fingertips. Maybe it's a tad neurotic, but that's pretty much what WDW planning is all about! Right? ... right? :scared:

So anyhow. That's all I have for this installment. I'll get re-caught-up on all of ya'lls threads soon, I swear it!

Until next time! :goodvibes
That's awesome. Am going to have to play around with that myself. :) thank you!

Hi! Catching up on our latest updates. Congrats on the super cheap park tickets! May will be here before you know it!

Try not to get discouraged about the weight loss. 15 pounds is a great accomplishment. I lost 20 last year and I've gained about half of that back. I'm going to set a goal for myself to try to lose a little of that between now and my trip. Maybe try some small goals so it doesn't seem so daunting. :-)

I totally understand the agony of waiting for park hours.
I don't even have a trip planned and every month I'm like ... MUST. SEE. NEW. PARK. HOURS.

Those tickets are so old-school ... but it must feel awesome to have them linked to your account!

Thanks for the detailed info on the widgets/countdowns ... I always see people talking about what they do with iPhones and whatnot so I'm very happy to see some Android information that I can use! Now I just have to book a trip so that I can start using this information...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter