• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's early...but October 2016??? Discount Watch!

I am also eagerly following this thread. We are planning a trip for right before my daughter turns three, so she's still free. We'd like to get back on Disney property this time, so we really need a good deal.

If I go ahead and book for 1st week in Oct, staying at FQ with the quick sevice dining plan and a code comes out (hoping for free dining) will they apply the code? Is there a fee to change the reservation and has the FQ been one of the hotels included in the past? Thanks for the help :)

If I go ahead and book for 1st week in Oct, staying at FQ with the quick sevice dining plan and a code comes out (hoping for free dining) will they apply the code? Is there a fee to change the reservation and has the FQ been one of the hotels included in the past? Thanks for the help :)
I've done this several times and, if there is availability for where I am staying, they have applied the asked for code, no problem. And no fee charged to do this.

FQ is almost always excluded from free dining.

Thanks for the great feedback, I think I'll change it to a value then.

Edited to say: I just booked POP Prefereed room for Oct 2-10, now waiting for a code/free dining! Fingers crossed! Now I need to head over to the POP thread and read up on this resort, we have stayed at CB and CSR in the past. It will be four of us traveling.. 2 adults and 2 kids (age 17, 13).

Last edited:

Just booked my family's first trip for the week of Halloween, so more November than October, but still... Cars suite at Art of Animation, 3 adults and 3 kids. Hoping for free dining. Historically, it looks pretty good for that week, but hard telling. I'm going to drive my wife crazy for the next 8 months.

Joining this thread! October is one of our favorite months at Disney. Hoping for a good room only discount.

Following! We've stayed at FQ twice and received free dining both times. Once in October and once in December.

Ah... looking at the calendar, the Epcot F&W Half Marathon is at the end of our week. I suppose that means probably no free dining that week. Curses!

My family has a large group going (8 rooms) 10/30 - 11/06 and are definitely hoping for Free Dining. We want to keep our ressie at POFQ so we're also hoping that it isn't excluded this time or we can gather a few pin codes amongst us. Both of those are long shots but we believe in pixie dust! LOL

My family has a large group going (8 rooms) 10/30 - 11/06 and are definitely hoping for Free Dining. We want to keep our ressie at POFQ so we're also hoping that it isn't excluded this time or we can gather a few pin codes amongst us. Both of those are long shots but we believe in pixie dust! LOL

Same arrival date as us. Like I said just before your post, I don't think it looks good for us, but this is my first go round. What do I know?

Booking a vacation for two from 10/7-10/17. Would like to stay at CBR but may change to a value resort depending on price. Hoping for a room discount!!!

I've been reading around and waiting to book the trip when FD is announced allows more room availability, because they use the promo as a way to fill rooms. I mean to each their own but I will wait til the dates are set in stone. Hoping for another fall trip.

I've been reading around and waiting to book the trip when FD is announced allows more room availability, because they use the promo as a way to fill rooms. I mean to each their own but I will wait til the dates are set in stone. Hoping for another fall trip.
that's what I do as well. I know the dates I am going to be there, my plane tickets are purchased. I know I will get a room at any resort I want, they don't book out completely, so i'm not worried however I know that if a lot of the rooms are booked there will be no discounts. no rooms to fill = no discounts. I agree though, to each their own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter