"It's better when it's just the two of us" - aka - Our first family trip! HI!!! 1/4!

I'm sorry to hear about your bad Wishes experience. Unless you are able to snag one of the chairs and sit right at the railing at the train station, I don't think the view is very good. Its just the same, if not better right below the train station near the flag pole, IMO.

We love B&C! DH & I frequent that place too often when we stay at BWV. So glad everyone enjoyed the Kitchen Sink and that even Mike came back to partake! :thumbsup2

I love CP! I don't think we've ever seen all the characters either!!! They don't all walk around one right after another and that's wierd to me!

HAHA I laughed so hard when you kept updating that they loved the FPs after complaing about having them! I dislike people that complain a lot, and I thought that they would probably end up loving them, which they did as you said and I laughed!!! That jus goes to show that you should never complain about something you don't know a lot about!!! LOL

I feel so bad that your wishes view wasn't the best and that Mike complained! I would have been biting my lip badly not to say anything! Or to snap and tell him to go watch downby hisself! lol But that's how I am- I can only take so much negativity from people before it gets to me and I can't NOT say anything!

I've yet to go to Beaches and Cream. It's so cute inside!! I am glad that Mike came to enjoy in it and you all had a great experience with it and then night ended well :)

Great set of updates. Sorry about the bad Wishes experience. We grabbed spots right in front of the Plaza and they were great. I'm glad to know it wasn't wonderful at the train station though, because that is where I wanted to go, but got outvoted. Good thing I guess :)

Beaches n Cream! We walked down to the Boardwalk Area twice specifically to find Beaches n Cream. I knew that they didn't allow anyone staying outside BC/YC to go in the pool area, but it just seemed really blocked off. I couldn't figure out how to get over to where Beaches was. I was really disappointed that we didn't get to try it. The Kitchen Sink looked like so much fun. I have an issue with eating after people, so I probably wouldn't like it, but it looked like fun.

I didn't notice it raining Super Bowl night, but I think we might've been eating at Kona at that time, so thats probably why.

Looked like a full & fun day in the Magic Kingdom Courtney! :goodvibes Sorry you didn't make it for rope drop.. I'll have to remember that for August, that it takes longer to get to MK from the TTC than the resort buses :thumbsup2
Something else that you made me think of.. as part of being in a bigger group... was the restroom breaks! :rotfl: when it's just the two of us, we barely ever stop - but with a group of 8, we'll have to stop more often lol.

That was odd about the noise echoing in the train station during Wishes :rolleyes: but finishing the night at Beaches & Cream with a Kitchen Sink sounded perfect :cloud9:

Emma princess: x

Another great update Courtney! :thumbsup2

It is very hard touring WDW as a party of six, We did it in October of last year and I got so tired of trying to please everyone and making sure they were all having a good time. We had to make a LOT of stops for cigarettes and bathroom breaks lol.

Beaches & Cream - what can I say? There is a reason why my family love the BC so much :cloud9:

I really hope that one day you get to experience rope drop at Magic Kingdom. You can skip all the other parks, but the Welcome show is just so magical! :wizard:

Seems like you had a great day overall, despite the few downs. I have to agree with Mike on one thing though. Magic, Memories and You is such a beautiful and magical show that is better experiences way up close. And though you miss a bit of the effect of Wishes being to close, I think how special MMY is more than makes up for it! But I guess with the rain that started, it might have been better to be covered.

I love the time you got to spend alone with Miguel at SAB. I'm sure it felt nice to hang out just the two of us.

I want to try the Kitchen Sink! Ron and I are hoping to one day visit the parks with one of our brothers so that cousins can play together, and I'm sure the kids would love to dig in that ice cream!

Well, since you've read my previous TRs, you know that my family never makes it out when we plan. I've never seen the opening show at MK, either. I may just leave them in the bed during this upcoming trip! ;)

Always enjoy eating at Crystal Palace.

Just have to ask......Who/What was the tour group wearing pink in your Haunted Mansion picture?

SAB is awesome, isn't it? Fun, but exhausting!

We've never tried Tony's, for all the reasons you talked about. I've read the mixed reviews, so I was glad to hear from someone I "know".

Sorry that Wishes didn't turn out like you'd planned, but hey-what a great ending to the night with a Kitchen Sink! Y'all finished off more than we did!

Enjoyed your update! :)

Great ending to the day! Ice-cream makes everything better, especially in Disney.

I have only stayed at the Poly because I looove the MK, but your TR with the BC is making me think about things.

I have really been enjoying your TR. I have been taking notes, and will use it to study, for I will be planning our family trip for next year. Your reports are always so informative and fun.

Great update!

Ugh, I'm sorry you missed MK rope drop! It's such a cute show, I hope you get to see it someday!

Aww, Crystal Palace, I love that place! I almost want to go back in May, even though I don't have an ADR for it right now...maybe I should make one...

Haha, I love that everyone was impressed by the Fast Passes! :thumbsup2

Isn't SAB awesome? It does seem like it was a pain that you could only get in at certain areas, though, when we stayed there, we just walked in and we had to find a CM to get a bracelet!

OMG the kitchen sink looks so good! I was just reading about it, it's only 8 scoops of ice cream? That doesn't seem so bad...I wonder if Brandon and I could conquer it...we DO like ice cream! :laughing:

ps-I started my May PTR, come on over when you get a chance!

Wow so much to say ...

I'm so sorry you missed rope drop - we've never seen it either :sad2:

You're breakfast at CP looks amazing - makes me feel good about adding a reservation there for our MK day :goodvibes

Great job on teaching everyone the amazingness of Fast pass :thumbsup2

My heart literally aches that you had such a bad Wishes experience ... now you and Miguel just have to go back on a Wishes cruise to have another super great memory :rolleyes1

Wow, wow, wow on the kitchen sink, that thing is unreal ... and I was laughing so hard at your Grandpa with the Milky Way :lmao:

I've never seen the RD at MK either... we try to get before opening ADRs at CP. Which we love! Breakfast at CP is how we start our MK days it is a nice spread, and so relaxed. I'm sorry you didn't get to see all the characters inside. Your grandmother's picture with Pooh is adorable!
I feel the same you do about Tony's we went there last year and honestly we weren't impressed. It was ok not horrible but not great. I think most of that came from the very rushed service. I'm sorry Wishes was not enjoyable this time around I also feel there is something very magical about Wishes. Last year we saw it from the bus stop since DS was tired and cranky.
Oh WOW to the KS that look delicious! It something to try with a group though.

Just finished catching up on your TR! I'm enjoying reading- even the less than spectacular parts; it's just how life goes sometimes!

Though I am sure a trip for just you & Miguel can't come soon enough!

Great update!

Beaches & Cream- I've always wanted to try the Kitchen Sink!

Wishes - I'm so sorry it was not enjoyable. Wishes is my absolute favorite part of WDW! My kids like to watch me cry and make fun of me during EVERY show! Oh the joys of parenting!! I'm very proud of you though, you kept your cool which is not always easy, not sure I could have, especially during Wishes of all things!:rotfl:

Aww, I hope on your trip with Miguel that you get to see the MK rope drop! It's magical-- I can't watch it without getting choked up!!
Augh, I tried watching Wishes from the train station once (underneath it actually) and it's really not a good spot. Our view was blocked and it was very claustrophobia-inducing.
I'm glad that despite some rocky spots, your day ended on a high note! Your Kitchen Sink adventure sounds really funny! :rotfl:
Also-- I have to ask...do your grandparents co-ordinate outfits?! Their tops are matching in both the day and night photos and it's adorable!! :rotfl:

I hope I can remember everything I wanted to comment on!

The CP breakfast just looks so good! I've made reservations there for the past 2 trips and for one reason or another we've cancelled both times. I hope to get there one of these trips! It was cute how your grandma just wanted a picture with Pooh!

Glad to hear you didn't wait on many lines but your FPs came in handy when you did need them!

Wow, I will just die if we can stay at the BC for our honeymoon...your pool time sounds amazing!!! Your drinks look yummy as well.

I'm happy Tony's was above your expectations! Sorry to hear Mike started to be a complainer though, what a downer :(

OMG Beaches and Cream...:cloud9: The Kitchen Sink sounds like pure heaven although I've never tried it. I just love the whole atmosphere of B&C though, like an old soda fountain. The little "ceremony" they do when someone orders the Kitchen Sink is so cool too!

ARRIVAL DAY - PART 3

Once Miguel and I made it back to our room, I let him know that I was kind of upset about how things had started off. Since I was the planner of this trip, I was taking all of the negative comments very personally. Maybe I was being overly sensitive, but really, I could not find a single, legitimate reason as to why anyone would be complaining. We were in the happiest place on earth, after all! It was at this point that we started to say the phrase that we found ourselves repeating many, many times throughout the week – “it’s better when it’s just the two of us”!

I am just catching up on your new TR! I totally understand how you felt, the person I went with on my last trip complained a majority of the trip. At first I too took it personally, but then I just ignored the complaints and repeated my mantra for the trip "I'm in my happy place, I'm in my happy place!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter