"It's better when it's just the two of us" - aka - Our first family trip! HI!!! 1/4!

Hi Courtney! I've been away from the DIS for awhile, but I'm back now and ready to catch up on your latest TR! I'm going back to read now, just wanted to say Hi and let you know I'm here! :hug:

Okay I'm all caught up! Yay!

Chick Fil A- great way to start a long drive! :thumbsup2

YAY! I'm so glad you stayed at Beach Club! That's where we're staying in July, so I can't wait to read more about it! It looks amazing! :goodvibes

I'm glad you told your grandmother you were upset so you guys could talk it out! There's no need to start a Disney vacation with complaining!

I can't wait to use the international gateway to Epcot!

AHHH I'm so ready for the new Fantasyland!

I am loving the new borders for the 2012 PP pics!

It's so funny that your dream Disney job is a Jungle Cruise skipper because it's mine too! It's the only job where I could rely entirely on my sarcasm! :rotfl:

I can't wait to try Stormalong Bay!

YAY! You got the kitchen sink! John is determined to try that on our trip this summer! He wants to go all Man vs. Food on me and eat the whole thing! It looks delicious.

Wow, your trip is getting me so excited for our July trip! I can't wait to read more!

I don't know how I missed that you started this, but I'm here and all caught up!

I agree that it is tough traveling with a group, and it can be a very different type of trip. We frequently travel with my family and DH's family, and while it is fun, I feel a lot of pressure to keep everyone happy and that can get a little stressful. We are going down next month with DH's parents, his sister, his sister's fiancee and his sisters fiancee's parents. I'm a little wary about this trip, because I don't know his sister's fiancees parents at all, and its difficult to travel with people you don't know. Its also challenging because they want me to plan the trip, and I'm reluctant to take the reins. Mostly because its Easter week, and I've been told that they want to avoid waiting in line, and don't want to be around crowds, but also don't want to wake up early. That's a catch-22 if I ever heard one, and I don't want to be in the line of fire when they figure out that its not going to work.

I hope things get easier as the trip wears on, and that your bounceback trip at least took some of the sting out of not being able to experience WDW the way you would have liked to.

QUICK LIFE UPDATE

Hi everyone! :wave2: I'm sorry I've been MIA lately! I've had a crazy couple of weeks at work, working long hours, and I just haven't had much time or energy to get back on the computer when I get home. Since I couldn't get my update up last week, I had hoped to work on it some Monday night so that I could get it up on Wednesday. But then, on my way home from work Monday night, this happened -

73ea68bc.jpg

33bcd77b.jpg

69bebbac.jpg

fdea0473.jpg

I have never been in an accident, so this has been a very traumatizing experience! I was the last car in a series of three cars and mine definitely got the worst of it. I just got the call today that it's costing over $6000 to repair (thank God for insurance!). So, needless to say, I've been preoccupied with police reports and insurance claims and resting some very sore body parts and I've been neglecting my TR! :sad2:

I'm definitely ready to escape the real world and focus on my happy place, so I'm excited to get my next update up and catch up on all of yours! I'll be back this weekend to post replies! :goodvibes I hope you've all been doing well!

Oh no! I'm so sorry about your accident! :hug: Thank goodness you are okay!

I hope your sore body parts feel better very soon!

OH NO! Sorry you've had an accident, but thank goodness you were not injured seriously. :) Cars can be fixed.

Dear Courtney, NOW I know why you have been on my heart so heavy this week! I am so thankful it wasn't any worse and that YOU will be okay eventually!! Take good care of yourself and know I am lifting you in prayer!:grouphug::hug::grouphug:

OH MY!!!!
Car Accidents are always scary, even just fender benders ( to me )

Hope you are doing okay!!!!

I'm so sorry about your accident Courtney!!! I know when I had mine it definitely freaked me out and I tried to avoid the spot where I had my accident. All the sore spots will heal and you'll be good as new soon.

EEK Courtney, I am so glad you are ok aside from some soreness and that your accident wasn't any worse than it was!

OMG! This is awful, but I'm glad it wasn't any worse!!! :eek: I was in a car accident almost 4 years ago and I agree that it is traumatizing. I don't know if you have yet, but I suggest getting back behind the wheel as soon as you can so you don't stay mentally scarred for life. I still tense up at several intersections, and am now the worst, most nervous passenger ever, but at least it's not so bad that I can't be in a car.

So glad you are ok. Don't worry about us, we'll be waiting patiently :rolleyes1 :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter