It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Needs An Eyepatch - A Dec TR Complete 8/31

Another Bros Grimm pix !!! I had the same dish as the boys and I LOVED it , I also LOVE the Lemon Cupcake !!!

I hope your mom gets over being miffed sooner than later

Ok, I been too quiet on this matter... Lessa failed to mention that at lunch at BOG I had apologized to Lessa and said that I felt bad for getting upset and over reacting to her words and had promised that I would like to find a solution so that it would not happen for the rest of the trip, as I know that people do not like to be awaken too early. I was hoping that the apology would be accepted and that Lessa would have apologized as well, did Lessa accept my apology?? did she apologized? did I find a solution so that the kids were able to sleep in, in the mornings despite my early mornings? Stay tuned.

I love all of the Gaston stories! I'm too much of a chicken with face characters to meet him but I think he sounds hilarious!

I'm excited to try BOG lunch and I love that you can hear the suits of armor if you wait in line! Too bad about that grumpy lady. I actually feel bad for anyone who can be that unhappy while at Disney World. What must she be like in real life if she's that awful at the happiest place on Earth?

And I don't get the Peter Pan thing either. We ride it every trip but would NEVER wait more than 15-20 minutes for it!

COP is one of my favorites. I know it's old and cheesy but I really love it and that song get stuck in my head!

Family trips to Disney are all about making memories..............not necessarily positive ones! :rolleyes1

Don't worry, for the most part the trip was positive memories.

Anyway, I hope your mom gets over being miffed sooner than later. :)

Yes, things had pretty much blown over my the end of the day.

Now that looks like a True Bros Grimm pix :rotfl2:

Another Bros Grimm pix !!!

Yes, I think even as old men Alek and Erich will pose like this.

Ok, I been too quiet on this matter... Lessa failed to mention that at lunch at BOG I had apologized to Lessa and said that I felt bad for getting upset and over reacting to her words and had promised that I would like to find a solution so that it would not happen for the rest of the trip, as I know that people do not like to be awaken too early. I was hoping that the apology would be accepted and that Lessa would have apologized as well, did Lessa accept my apology?? did she apologized? did I find a solution so that the kids were able to sleep in, in the mornings despite my early mornings? Stay tuned.

Well, I don't remember that happening at lunch, I remember it being later in the day. But yes, you did apologize and I was stubborn and said I didn't think I had said anything wrong.

What must she be like in real life if she's that awful at the happiest place on Earth?

No kidding!

It was now that time of day to find a spot for the parade and to grab an ice cream treat. I had my heart set on the slushy ice cream treat from Sleepy Hollow but when we got there I saw that it was not listed on the menu. I just looked on All Ears and they still have it listed so maybe I did not look closely enough. I was very sad thinking it was not available but I knew I would be able to get a similar treat at Epcot the next day.

Since we were in the area we grabbed some photopass shots with the castle.

We thought about watching the parade from the Liberty Square bridge but discovered that it was reserved viewing so we made our way towards Main St to find a spot for the parade. We grabbed a spot on the curb right near The Plaza Ice Cream Parlour and then decided to get ice cream from there since my ice cream craving still needed to be dealt with. Alek and Erich went first while Mom and I saved our spots and then we went in. I thought it was at this point that Mom apologized for her mood but she pointed out that it was actually at lunch at Be Our Guest.

We all sat on the curb and enjoyed our ice cream while soaking in the warm Florida sun. I was glad that I wore my sleeveless dress as it had really warmed up as I had predicted so those few minutes of being chilly in the morning were definitely worth it. I had to get some colour on my pasty white skin!

We had finished our ice cream by the time we heard the parade music start so we got our cameras ready and waited for the parade to make its way toward us. Not much more to say here so I will let the pictures do the talking. I think we all enjoyed the parade and the new floats. The dragon was very cool. I also really enjoyed the Tangled float and the colourful costumes of the parade dancers.

Great parade pics!!! Totally know what you mean about the motion sickness thing...although sometimes it affects me in 3D movies too. Your 7DMT pics are awesome too!

Getting caught up...

I agree that it's a bit creepy that the magic band tells them where you are at every moment. And I also agree that it would be wonderful if they could use them to track missing kids.

Your 7 dwarves mine train pic is great. Looks like a fun ride. Can't wait to try it out!

Love the parade pics. I hope my very energetic 2 year old will be ok with watching a couple parades when we are there!

Looking at the pics of all of you in shorts and tank tops is making me long for warmer days. We have quite a bit of snow on the ground and my daughter has a snow day today.

Love the parade pics. I hope my very energetic 2 year old will be ok with watching a couple parades when we are there!

Crossing my fingers for you! When we visited back in 89 Alek was 3 and my parents said he was terrified and hid from all the characters. in fact we have a few photos during the parade where all you can see of him is his behind sticking our from behind the stroller! :laughing: Other kids love the parades though so seems pretty hit or miss.

Looking at the pics of all of you in shorts and tank tops is making me long for warmer days. We have quite a bit of snow on the ground and my daughter has a snow day today.

I long for warmer weather as well. We got hit by a blizzard last week and got 50 cm of snow, cars were buried. Today we are supposed to get some more nasty weather. All I can tell myself is that in two months I will be enjoying the sum and warmer weather on my next vacation.

Love he parade pics and the dragon pic was awesome. I had camera issues and missed the fire on my trip. I can't wait to take all of the grandkids to see it in less than 2 years now.

My first trip ever was in 1989 and my daughter was 3. The only character she wanted to see was Pooh and we got a glimpse of him from the monorail station as we were leaving to head to the airport. My parents refused to let me take her closer for fear we would miss our flight. We arrived at the airport 3 hours early and had to listen to her cry "I see Pooh" all 3 hours. I'm not sure she has forgiven her grandfather to this day.

I long for warmer weather as well. We got hit by a blizzard last week and got 50 cm of snow, cars were buried. Today we are supposed to get some more nasty weather. All I can tell myself is that in two months I will be enjoying the sum and warmer weather on my next vacation.

How are your plans coming for your next trip? Turkey, right? That's a place we always intended to visit while living in Europe, but never actually got there. It looks like a beautiful place with so much history.

My first trip ever was in 1989 and my daughter was 3. The only character she wanted to see was Pooh and we got a glimpse of him from the monorail station as we were leaving to head to the airport. My parents refused to let me take her closer for fear we would miss our flight. We arrived at the airport 3 hours early and had to listen to her cry "I see Pooh" all 3 hours. I'm not sure she has forgiven her grandfather to this day.

:laughing: Poor girl. Yeah, it is tricky finding the right balance between leaving too early and playing with fire when it comes to the airport. I had a similar conundrum on our departure day...

How are your plans coming for your next trip? Turkey, right? That's a place we always intended to visit while living in Europe, but never actually got there. It looks like a beautiful place with so much history.

Yep, Turkey in April. Plans are coming along. The itinerary is pretty much set it is just the small details now such as in which places we want to hire a guide and do we want to drive ourselves to certain places or take a day tour etc.

I can't wait to see all the beautiful and historic places on our itinerary. I'm also really excited for our hotels, they all have wonderful reviews and look so unique and fun. Definitely very different from the cookie cutter chain hotels we tend to stay in in North America.

Right now I think I am most excited for the hot air balloon ride we will take in Cappadocia. All the photos and videos and reviews make it look amazing.

Only downside is that the political climate is not so good over there right now and so there is a bit of nerves over something happening that might impact our trip. Alek and I had a Skype session with our dad two weeks ago to discuss if we still wanted to go or if we should delay/go somewhere else. We eventually decided to stick with our plans unless something huge happens.

Yep, Turkey in April. Plans are coming along. The itinerary is pretty much set it is just the small details now such as in which places we want to hire a guide and do we want to drive ourselves to certain places or take a day tour etc.

I can't wait to see all the beautiful and historic places on our itinerary. I'm also really excited for our hotels, they all have wonderful reviews and look so unique and fun. Definitely very different from the cookie cutter chain hotels we tend to stay in in North America.

Right now I think I am most excited for the hot air balloon ride we will take in Cappadocia. All the photos and videos and reviews make it look amazing.

Only downside is that the political climate is not so good over there right now and so there is a bit of nerves over something happening that might impact our trip. Alek and I had a Skype session with our dad two weeks ago to discuss if we still wanted to go or if we should delay/go somewhere else. We eventually decided to stick with our plans unless something huge happens.

The hot air balloon ride sounds amazing!

Do you follow Rick Steves? It might be helpful to you to read some of his articles on traveling to places with questionable political climates. It always helps me to do that when my husband has to travel to places that I consider to be scary.

Do you follow Rick Steves? It might be helpful to you to read some of his articles on traveling to places with questionable political climates. It always helps me to do that when my husband has to travel to places that I consider to be scary.

I've watched a few of his videos on youtube, will have to search out these articles. It doesn't help that my dad sends me daily emails with news articles about clashes on the Syrian border or weapons being found etc. The way I try and look at it is that I read the Canadian and American news and there are shootings and crime all over it so really is it that different? There is danger anywhere. Yes a terrorist could happen to blow us up but a coworker or some random person could also decide to show up at work or the mall etc and let loose. We could get i a car crash here at home... Anyways, maybe I am being naive but I am determined to go and have a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter