It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Needs An Eyepatch - A Dec TR Complete 8/31

Caught up again. One of the best character encounters I have ever had was with Gaston in EPCOT. My grandson is on the spectrum so a little unpredictable. We had just finished exploring France when he spotted Gaston and ran to him. They had the greatest conversation while Gaston would yell over to Belle. My Mikey thought it was the greatest thing ever. I would never have had the same experience as I don't know what to do beyond posing quickly for a picture.

I ate at BOG right after it opened and before needing to make ADR's for it and enjoyed the experience, it's beautiful inside but not sure I want to do it again. If I could just do a walk up and wait in line it might be different.

but figured we had just as much right to ride this classic as any family with children does.

Of course you do!! No reason to feel weird about this at all.

I loved BOG too...so glad you enjoyed it!! The food and the atmosphere are all done so well!

The sky in your pictures is so blue, it looks lovely.

We were very lucky with the weather, it was perfect the whole trip.

The rides such as Dumbo re classics and I bet you're glad you did them even if you felt a bit self conscious. Not that you should, I always go on them as I'm not a big roller coaster person! You all look like you're having a great time.

You are right but sometimes can't help feeling a little silly.

Caught up again. One of the best character encounters I have ever had was with Gaston in EPCOT. My grandson is on the spectrum so a little unpredictable. We had just finished exploring France when he spotted Gaston and ran to him. They had the greatest conversation while Gaston would yell over to Belle. My Mikey thought it was the greatest thing ever. I would never have had the same experience as I don't know what to do beyond posing quickly for a picture.

That sounds like it was very special and memorable.

I hope that if I run into this I will douse that person in a sugary Princess flow of words (and then leave, because I don't like confrontation either!)

I don't think I said anything back to her. Just smiled awkwardly and scurried away.

I loved BOG too...so glad you enjoyed it!! The food and the atmosphere are all done so well!

I really liked it. Maybe we will try it for dinner on the next trip.

We love BoG. I think we all love the pork the best. Sorry about the angry woman. That would have been unsettling. The cupcake wrappers are a pain. We just used a spoon last time and scooped it out the best e could.

Love Gaston! He always has great interaction.

Well, got myself pretty behind, but I'm all caught up and loved seeing all the photos of the new FL area. How charming it all looks. I don't think I've actually read ANY good reviews of the LeFou's Brew, so I think we'll pass.

Looks like the guys are now in typical photo pose mode now. So funny!

BOG looks like such a fun place. Loud perhaps, but fun. And very crowded, but still worth a lunch, I take it?

Great couple of updates, Lessa; still enjoying it all. :)

I don't think I've actually read ANY good reviews of the LeFou's Brew, so I think we'll pass.

In my opinion it is definitely skip worthy. Much better places to spend your hard earned Disney dollars and calories.

BOG looks like such a fun place. Loud perhaps, but fun. And very crowded, but still worth a lunch, I take it?

Definitely worth a meal. I think next time we will try dinner though.

Yay for a fellow Canadian!! And I’m glad to know the customs process is the ones with the machine and then the person! I’m clearing customs in TO on Wednesday on my way to Disney!! J WHAT A MESS getting through all that though! I know I’ve had freak outs with airlines not doing check in until a certain time but customs wouldn’t be open either!

Glad you made it on time! Yay Florida! And AKL! MY LOVE! I miss it there so much, beautiful pictures!!

AoA is definitely my favorite of the values, but not with the price tag, I prefer Pop overall, and you still get the bonus of AoA’sfood court which is far superior.

Yay for EoS!! One of my favorite places to eat!! I always get the holiday sandwich! I was hesitant at first about it but it’s SO GOOD! I also love Basin! I’ve been using their toner for a couple years now and it’s the greatest thing! BUT SO PRICEY TO SHIP UP HERE, so I just resort to buying multiple bottles at a time when I’m in Fl. Lol.

I never drive in Fl, so I’ve never had to deal with the parking issues but I’ve read it in multiple tr’s today about resort guests having to park super far and I do think that’s insane & unfair if it’s people who aren’t staying there taking the good spots!

I get kids meals ALL THE TIME at Disney. Seriously, they’re actually nice portion sizes, and you can get healthy sides to save for later! SO MUCH NICER, and also they cost like half the price which is also a huge bonus. Also Uncrustables are heaven.

Such great safari pictures!! And double lions, twice, and walking around! WOW. Awe that entire Mickey & Minnie interaction sounds like just the perfect hilarious time!

You don’t have Olive Garden out there?!?!?! We’ve got it in Alberta!! Weird!

I absolutely LOVE the ferry ride over to MK, it’s seriously one of my favorite things and ways to see Mk, especially for the first time! PEOPLE DO BECOME WIMPY WHEN THEY MOVE TO FLORIDA. I was in my winter wear for most of Dec/Jan when I was working outside there, people constantly commented “aren’t Canadians supposed to be used to this?” bahaha.

Yay for all the new fantasyland fun! LOVE BOG, mainly for lunch! The cupcakes I’ve found are best to just eat with a fork, it’s what I end up doing. Also fun fact for the scary angry lady, she also could have walked around the corner into the rose gallery room…theres another fountain in there and theres never anyone at it lol.

Your Gaston meet looks like lots of fun, especially for your Mum :rotfl2:

Never feel funny about riding the classics, you paid to get in like everyone else :)

A little girl in the family had a stuffed toy Beast. When Gaston saw it he said “that Beast is not allowed near me”. The little girl who looked about 5 hugged her Beast protectively and ran away to a nearby corner where she then crouched down and glowered at Gaston. It was hilarious. Her family, Gaston and the character attendant all tried to calm her down and get her to come back over but anytime Gaston made a move towards her she would hiss like an angry cat!
Hilarious story! :rotfl2:

Gaston discussed how I must have planned to match him when I chose my outfit. I told him that of course that was the plan. He said he completely understood wanting to impress him.
Suck up! :rotfl:

Mom did this…

Apparently your Mom should have worn the red dress.........she looks more excited than you were! :goodvibes

We rode Barnstormer next. I’m sure it looked very odd, a group of four adults, climbing onto barnstormer.

We then decided to ride Dumbo. The last time any of us rode Dumbo was at Disneyland way back in 1989.
Nothing wrong with a groups of adults riding Barnstormer, or Dumbo! Surprised you haven't ridden it in that long though............ o_O

As the ride started all the Dumbos went up into the highest position except for the one Alek and I were in. We joked that we must be too fat for the Dumbo to get lifted up. Talk about a self-conscious moment!
Been on one of those lately that I think had the same problem. We were well into the ride before it started working right. :confused3

The first is that we weren't really sure what we would feel like that day and the second was that Erich told us we would miss out on the talking suits of armour in the line to order.
Every time we have done that it was too loud to hear much more than mumbling since they weren't very loud............. :scratchin

While in line there was a very angry lady. She kept complaining about having to wait in the line and how long it was taking to order (I think we waited 10 minutes). We encountered this lady again in the dining room...
Even at Disney, some people just aren't happy unless they are unhappy it seems........ :sad2:

I also ordered the Master's Cupcake as I just had to try "The Grey Stuff".
It's delicious! :rolleyes:

Mom got the Lemon Meringue cupcake
Haven't had this one, but it looks really good. :thumbsup2

I loved the food carts that the CM's pushed around to deliver the food to the tables. Fit right in with the theming.
Yes, pretty cool 8-)

Hi Lessa , Am slowly catching up !! Almost done with DTD or what ever they call it now:rotfl2:

Hi Rosie! Glad to see you around, I know you are very busy!

And I’m glad to know the customs process is the ones with the machine and then the person! I’m clearing customs in TO on Wednesday on my way to Disney!! J WHAT A MESS getting through all that though! I know I’ve had freak outs with airlines not doing check in until a certain time but customs wouldn’t be open either!

I hope you don't have an early flight like we did! I think the process would have been fine if we had left later in the morning.

AoA is definitely my favorite of the values, but not with the price tag, I prefer Pop overall, and you still get the bonus of AoA’sfood court which is far superior.

That is true, I suppose staying at Pop would be almost like staying at AoA since they are connected.

I also love Basin! I’ve been using their toner for a couple years now and it’s the greatest thing! BUT SO PRICEY TO SHIP UP HERE, so I just resort to buying multiple bottles at a time when I’m in Fl. Lol.

I hate how much it costs to ship to Canada. I plan on ordering a bunch of stuff and shipping it to my family in Ohio and will pick it up when I next visit them.

You don’t have Olive Garden out there?!?!?! We’ve got it in Alberta!! Weird!

Nope, no Olive Garden in Ontario, so sad. I'm actually surprised that it isn't here as it seems like it would be a big success. I don't think I have ever been to an Olive Garden that wasn't packed.

The cupcakes I’ve found are best to just eat with a fork,

That is what we ended up doing after we failed at getting the wrapper off.

Also fun fact for the scary angry lady, she also could have walked around the corner into the rose gallery room…theres another fountain in there and theres never anyone at it lol.

Good to know!

Your Gaston meet looks like lots of fun, especially for your Mum :rotfl2:

Yes, Mom was very animated during that interaction.

Apparently your Mom should have worn the red dress.........she looks more excited than you were! :goodvibes

Yep, she was very into that interaction. i'm just no good at coming up with funny poses. I'm the boring one in the family.

Nothing wrong with a groups of adults riding Barnstormer, or Dumbo! Surprised you haven't ridden it in that long though............ o_O

I know, not sure why we never went on Dumbo on any of our other WDW trips. Maybe because the line was always so long?

Even at Disney, some people just aren't happy unless they are unhappy it seems........ :sad2:

So sad.

It's delicious! :rolleyes:

Just ask the dishes!

It was 11:30 when we finished lunch and we had an hour to kill until our fastpass for Seven Dwarves Mine Train. We decided to stick around in Fantasyland and made our way to Mickey’s Philharmagic.

We love this show, it is still great on repeat viewings. I didn’t even experience any nausea during the Aladdin scene which has happened most other times I’ve seen the show. I’m weird and get “motion” sickness easily. For example, I can’t play games like Mario Kart or any other type of 3-D game for long as they make me sick to my stomach. It is a very strange thing. Not sure what triggers it as I can watch 3-D movies in the theatre just fine.

Afterwards we wandered over to the Tangled bathrooms. I thought they were lovely although very crowded with all the strollers. Alek and Erich didn’t understand why I was so enthused over some bathrooms.

I just think the area is so pretty and I LOVE Tangled.

We still had a few more minutes until our fastpass and so we used the MDE app to see what the wait times were for all the Fantasyland rides. Peter Pan had a 90 minute wait. We are all mystified as to why that ride always has such a long line. It is just a dark ride after all, we don’t get it?? The only ride that had a reasonable line was Small World so that is what we went on. Flashback to the Tomorrowland movie…

It was now finally time for the ride we were looking forward to, Seven Dwarves Mine Train! This was a new ride for all of us as it hadn’t opened yet when Erich was doing his college program.

We zipped right through the queue and did not wait long until we were loaded into our mine cart.

I really enjoyed this ride. I loved that it was a combination of a coaster and a dark ride. We thought the part with the dancing in the dwarves house at the end was a nice touch.

This was also our first experience with the photopass photo automatically getting loaded into our account. In case you don’t know, the Magic Bands have short and long range sensors in them. This enables Disney to sense who is on the ride and your photos and video get automatically linked to your account, there is no need to tap your band anywhere. We talked about how neat this technology is but also how it can be rather creepy as technically they can track your every movement in the park if they wanted to. We also discussed a practical use for the sensors although not sure if Disney actually can do this; if a child gets lost in the park, could Disney not locate them using the sensor in their Magic Band? I know they use the Bands to collect data on how traffic moves through the park and how much time is spent in certain areas such as gift shops etc. So it just seemed to make sense to us that they would be able to use that same technology to track down a lost guest??

We discussed this idea as we walked over to Tomorrowland. It was time to ride another Magic Kingdom favourite, Buzz Lightyear. The ride actually had a pretty long line, the queue extended all the way outside. In the past we have always gone on this ride early in the morning so have never seen it that busy. Luckily it is a continuous loading ride so the wait was not long and the line kept moving.

Alek and Erich rode together so that they could compete. Mom and I rode together and I think you can see how pleased she was with that based on the ride photo. She was still mad at me from the argument about the early wakeup that morning...

The rest of us had a good time though…

Since the trip was about trying new things I dragged Alek and Erich on a Disney classic, Carousel of Progress. I couldn’t get the song out of my head for quite a while after that. “There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day” Every time I would start singing it Erich would smack me. What horrible treatment!

I hope DH will be inclined to see it, but if not, I will go alone on another day.

I hope he agrees to see it! It is pure Disney to me.

Maybe she just had her "serious competitive Mom" face on... Can't stay mad at Disney, can she? :crazy:

Nope, definitely not competitive, I don't even think she was really shooting, score of only 4100.

And yep, she could definitely stay mad at Disney; was mad at me all day. ;)

From what I have read, they use the Magic Band for identification so that the parents of a lost child could be contacted.

From what I've seen they don't have anything that can read personal information in the parks. Te only place that may have is guest services. It pretty much got discussed at length in the Disabilities form and how it would be a good idea if it existed,. There are a bunch of legal and liability reason as to why it doesn't. If A child is lost they rely on the child knowing how to get in touch with their parent r the parents reporting a lost child.

We decided to stick around in Fantasyland and made our way to Mickey’s Philharmagic.

We love this show, it is still great on repeat viewings.
Yes, this is always fun and during hot weather, a great place to chill for a while! I can definitely do this one every trip! ::yes::

Afterwards we wandered over to the Tangled bathrooms. I thought they were lovely although very crowded with all the strollers. Alek and Erich didn’t understand why I was so enthused over some bathrooms.
I've gotten use to this behavior travelling with the Queen of Disney bathroom pictures............ :rotfl2:

Peter Pan had a 90 minute wait. We are all mystified as to why that ride always has such a long line. It is just a dark ride after all, we don’t get it??
I haven't ever understood the long waits for this ride either. :confused3 But if you haven't done it lately, and you can find a relatively short wait time, the new standby queue has some really cool features! :thumbsup2

This was also our first experience with the photopass photo automatically getting loaded into our account.
Yes, this is a really good addition. :goodvibes

Luckily it is a continuous loading ride so the wait was not long and the line kept moving.
Usually goes pretty quickly, but it seems that almost every time we have ridden this lately it keeps stopping..........which defeats that continuously loading feature. :headache:

Alek and Erich rode together so that they could compete. Mom and I rode together and I think you can see how pleased she was with that based on the ride photo. She was still mad at me from the argument about the early wakeup that morning...
Family trips to Disney are all about making memories..............not necessarily positive ones! :rolleyes1

Since the trip was about trying new things I dragged Alek and Erich on a Disney classic, Carousel of Progress. I couldn’t get the song out of my head for quite a while after that. “There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day” Every time I would start singing it Erich would smack me. What horrible treatment!
Right up there with the song from It's a Small World! :crazy:

Hahahaha, that face on Buzz! I'm still laughing!

Yes, PHilharmagic is an awesome attraction. Totally worth multiple visits!

I keep hearing about the bathrooms; kinda excited to see what up over there. LOL! Anyway, I hope your mom gets over being miffed sooner than later. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter