• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

It's ALL about the FOOD! An October 2012 PTR! - Trip Report Started.

The September park hours were posted on the Disney TA website today. So I'm hoping by mid-March the October hours will be out. For now I'm going based on what touringplans.com is predicting. Better than nothing!

The September park hours were posted on the Disney TA website today. So I'm hoping by mid-March the October hours will be out. For now I'm going based on what touringplans.com is predicting. Better than nothing!

My touring plans subscription ended awhile ago and I haven't renewed :confused3 Since I may be going in April next year as well I wanted to wait till then to renew so it lasts through that trip!!

I was going to use easywdw for best days advice but they won't have it up till the park hours are released I am sure.

So while this trip is going to be focused a lot on the food obviously that can't be all or we would gain 100lbs!! :rotfl2:

So some of the special things I am planning include:

The Magic Behind the Steam Trains Tour
A Carriage Ride
MNSSHP of course...
Cirque du Soliel
Mini Golf (maybe)
Round of Golf for DH: Hubby likes to Golf but I never have... wondering if they would pair him up with someone or how that would even work?

Possibly a day at Discovery Cove and a day at SeaWorld (opinions?!?)

I want this trip to be memorable to us as a well rounded trip not just rides and food. What other things would there be for us? Keep in mind we are both Pooh Sized and scared of heights so no parasailing for us!

Discovery Cove is amazing!! I was there as part of a TA group in 2010. It is pricey but everything is included with your stay - food & drinks too! You can spend all day snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, feeding the birds, splashing with the stingrays, and just relaxing. It feels like you're in the middle of a tropical island somewhere, not in the middle of Florida. Plus they limit the amount of people they let in per day so it never feels overly crowded.

Sea World is great too but it's mostly shows. The dolphin show was the best hands down. The Shamu show is kind of dull now that the trainers don't get in the water anymore. At least they didn't while I was there.

My touring plans subscription ended awhile ago and I haven't renewed :confused3 Since I may be going in April next year as well I wanted to wait till then to renew so it lasts through that trip!!

I was going to use easywdw for best days advice but they won't have it up till the park hours are released I am sure.

Okay... I correct myself! I decided to Renew now anyways!! Now onto planning which days where!!

Discovery Cove is amazing!! I was there as part of a TA group in 2010. It is pricey but everything is included with your stay - food & drinks too! You can spend all day snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, feeding the birds, splashing with the stingrays, and just relaxing. It feels like you're in the middle of a tropical island somewhere, not in the middle of Florida. Plus they limit the amount of people they let in per day so it never feels overly crowded.

Sea World is great too but it's mostly shows. The dolphin show was the best hands down. The Shamu show is kind of dull now that the trainers don't get in the water anymore. At least they didn't while I was there.

I love shows so that is probably why I like SeaWorld! Hubby loves Stingrays, even has a Tattoo of one on his calf so that is actually why I was thinking of booking Discover Cove. Plus we can then go to SeaWorld for free after going to Discovery cove!

First- glad your mom's surgery went well! An April 2013 WDW trip would be a great thing to look forward to!

I am getting very antsy for park hours for October! I just subscribed to Touring Plans yesterday, so I am starting to make park plans for my May trip. Once that's done, I'll start playing around with their projected hours for October.

First- glad your mom's surgery went well! An April 2013 WDW trip would be a great thing to look forward to!

I am getting very antsy for park hours for October! I just subscribed to Touring Plans yesterday, so I am starting to make park plans for my May trip. Once that's done, I'll start playing around with their projected hours for October.

Park hours would be sweet! But for now I am trying to use the touring plans forecast for at least a guide to get started... I'm kinda scared though! Saturdays are "9!" That may be a good rest day! Or maybe the Discovery Cove day if I decide for us to do that...

Park hours would be sweet! But for now I am trying to use the touring plans forecast for at least a guide to get started... I'm kinda scared though! Saturdays are "9!" That may be a good rest day! Or maybe the Discovery Cove day if I decide for us to do that...

I saw that too. We're planning on hitting a waterpark and Downtown Disney on Saturday!

I saw that too. We're planning on hitting a waterpark and Downtown Disney on Saturday!

Our first full day will be one of those Saturdays! I usually like to go to MK first but not if its gonna be a total zoo! I'm not sure what to do... planning on the Food & Wine Classic at the Swolphin that evening so maybe just make the first day a relax from travel day? Sounds kinda weird to me to be at Disney and not IN DISNEY! But I HATE crowds so I am at a loss!

Our first full day will be one of those Saturdays! I usually like to go to MK first but not if its gonna be a total zoo! I'm not sure what to do... planning on the Food & Wine Classic at the Swolphin that evening so maybe just make the first day a relax from travel day? Sounds kinda weird to me to be at Disney and not IN DISNEY! But I HATE crowds so I am at a loss!

We only have one Saturday during our trip. We arrive on a Sunday and leave the following Monday so it's toward the end. If I were you, I'd just relax and maybe try to do a park that has EMH at night? Or maybe pick a park that has the best crowd prediction? I love MK and I know what you mean about going there first but if there's a wall of people around you, you're probably not going to enjoy it!

We only have one Saturday during our trip. We arrive on a Sunday and leave the following Monday so it's toward the end. If I were you, I'd just relax and maybe try to do a park that has EMH at night? Or maybe pick a park that has the best crowd prediction? I love MK and I know what you mean about going there first but if there's a wall of people around you, you're probably not going to enjoy it!

A park with evening EMH wouldn't make any difference since we will be attending the Swolphin Food & Wine classic from 5:30-9ish.. unless of course its MK... but after drinking all you can drink wine I don't think a Theme Park is where I want to head after!! :drinking1 Or I may be :sick:

I thought I had a brainstorm yesterday! I want to book the Steam Train Tour and thought oh... that would be a good time for that!

Then I realized... Um at MK by 7:15 am after flying the day before and possibly attending the Swolphin Food & Wine classic that night (yes I am considering going both dates!)... probably not so good an idea!!

Back to the drawing board on possible activities!

So this thread needs some PICTURES!!

Since our trip revolves around food I am going to post food pictures from our last trip in 2009...

The first restaurant we went to was Crystal Palace but unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the food... I remember the food being ok but nothing spectacular. I AM booking it again though just for the early admission to MK to see a mostly empty Main Street!

I'll have to plan another early morning to MK to see Rope Drop! they don't do a Rope Drop Ceremony at DL so I am really looking forward to this if I can get hubby up early that many mornings during our trip!

Next up will be Liberty Tree Tavern!
This was the first place my husband experienced the awesomeness of Disney with his Allergies!

The only appetizer we really wanted was the Fried Cheese... unfortunately there was the chance of cross contamination... BUT the chef was willing to do a new batch of oil just so we could get the Cheese Sticks! (I think they probably did a small pot or something)

Glorious Fried Cheese!!
ry%3D400

Our main courses were good as well but the other item I am looking to repeat there is my dessert! The Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake! (I think that is what it was called!)
ry%3D400

Yum!!

Mmmm, those Mozza sticks look so yummy! My mouth is watering.

You like Liberty Tree Tavern? This is the place we picked in MK as the menu looked the best for us. :)

I guess you call them fried cheese there, but we call them mozza sticks here, and they are so good with a marinara sauce.

Mmmm, those Mozza sticks look so yummy! My mouth is watering.

You like Liberty Tree Tavern? This is the place we picked in MK as the menu looked the best for us. :)

Yes.. Liberty Tree Tavern was VERY Good! We enjoyed our main courses as well!

I guess you call them fried cheese there, but we call them mozza sticks here, and they are so good with a marinara sauce.

We call them Mozzarella sticks here... on the menu they are listed as "Friend Cheese" because they are supposed to come with 2 different kinds... ours only had the mozzarella ones as they were special made.

Up next on my reminiscing is Hoop de Doo Musical Review...

I've seen some rumors floating around that it is not going to be running this Fall but I am very hopeful that they are simply that... RUMORS!

Hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed the show in 2009 and he is even looking forward to returning...

See... A Smile!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I guess I didn't take any pictures of the food here! It was pretty decent though and filling! I believe my hubby had some of the wine! And enjoyed that too! I REALLY REALLY HOPE its not closed and we can go again!!

I love HDDR! I went there for the first time in 2009 and was pulled up on stage to can can dance. :rotfl: I thought I was safe because they didn't come near our table all night. Then I turned to my left and there was one of the actors holding out his hand and smiling. I had flip flops on and was so terrified that one was going to fly off and hit someone in the head while I was kicking LOL. That place is such a good time!

I love HDDR! I went there for the first time in 2009 and was pulled up on stage to can can dance. :rotfl: I thought I was safe because they didn't come near our table all night. Then I turned to my left and there was one of the actors holding out his hand and smiling. I had flip flops on and was so terrified that one was going to fly off and hit someone in the head while I was kicking LOL. That place is such a good time!

We were Category 3 up in the balcony... When that was all we could get I was scared but it ended up being perfect... WE were all the way on the right side overlooking the stage... I think I preferred that seating to Category 2!!

As a TA have you heard anything about HDDR being closed for Refurb?

We were Category 3 up in the balcony... When that was all we could get I was scared but it ended up being perfect... WE were all the way on the right side overlooking the stage... I think I preferred that seating to Category 2!!

As a TA have you heard anything about HDDR being closed for Refurb?

I haven't heard anything about it being closed. I've heard the rumors about CG but nothing about HDDR. If I hear anything, I'll let you know.

Can I just say how much harder it is to try and plan your days when the F&W festival is going on and MNSSHP?

There are so many F&W events I want to do that it is a great big puzzle!! It looks like I won't be able to make MK the first park :guilty: Unless of course I brave that "9" day but I'm not sure I want to do that! Hopefully the numbers will change and it won't be that crowded!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter