It's A WONDERful 2015 - Feb Cruise, May WDW grand tour, and France/DLP! NEW 10/25 Nice & End!

The worst part about SIL is they make SO much money, but never spend it to do anything. I mean, I know you're an accountant and all but seriously she takes it to the extreme. What's the point of living if you just sock away all your money? Who cares in the end? I'd much rather LIVE, see the world, and experience things, and instill that in Aria & Maya, than have a giant savings account and no life experiences. Anyway, I'll get off my high horse now...
I agree - I think it all comes back to balance and priorities. Accountants as a group tend to be fairly financially conservative - I know I am more of a "risk-taker" than many people I know (probably goes back to being a film/TV production major instead of accounting ::yes::). But, at the same time, it doesn't make sense to just hoard everything with no specific purpose. I think there needs to be a balance of being responsible and saving for the future, but also enjoying life today, since that future is never guaranteed. I'm pretty comfortable with the balance we have - savings are on track for other priorities, so I'm okay spending reasonable amounts on travel.

Which gets to the other part: priorities. Obviously, travel is important to us (and most on this board), so in our case, we allocate decent amounts to that and don't really spend much in other budget categories that are not priorities (since we probably don't make near what your SIL does and HAVE to prioritize). However, not everyone wants to travel. One of my co-workers has zero interest in travel - he just doesn't get why people would want to go see other places. :confused3 Me and my other co-worker that were talking with him couldn't relate - travel is important to us. But, this non-travel co-worker loves the stock market and investing - so, he's much more like your SIL with all of his money socked away. But that's his priority and - dare I say? - fun/hobby. To each their own, I guess. I don't really get how he can feel that way, but one less person to get in my way at Disney, I guess. :rotfl:

I agree - I think it all comes back to balance and priorities. Accountants as a group tend to be fairly financially conservative - I know I am more of a "risk-taker" than many people I know (probably goes back to being a film/TV production major instead of accounting ::yes::). But, at the same time, it doesn't make sense to just hoard everything with no specific purpose. I think there needs to be a balance of being responsible and saving for the future, but also enjoying life today, since that future is never guaranteed. I'm pretty comfortable with the balance we have - savings are on track for other priorities, so I'm okay spending reasonable amounts on travel.

Which gets to the other part: priorities. Obviously, travel is important to us (and most on this board), so in our case, we allocate decent amounts to that and don't really spend much in other budget categories that are not priorities (since we probably don't make near what your SIL does and HAVE to prioritize). However, not everyone wants to travel. One of my co-workers has zero interest in travel - he just doesn't get why people would want to go see other places. :confused3 Me and my other co-worker that were talking with him couldn't relate - travel is important to us. But, this non-travel co-worker loves the stock market and investing - so, he's much more like your SIL with all of his money socked away. But that's his priority and - dare I say? - fun/hobby. To each their own, I guess. I don't really get how he can feel that way, but one less person to get in my way at Disney, I guess. :rotfl:

Very true, they do spend their money on other things I guess. Her husband is really into cars, so they built a second garage and he buys motorcycles (Harley) and cars to fix up and spends his free time doing that. Granted, that isn't really what SHE does, but he spends the $$ I guess lol. BUT I will say we talk a LOT about travel and they seem to want to do it, but just put the $$ elsewhere? IDK. If I had their $ and free time (they have been trying for a baby for some time now) I would be taking multiple vacations per year.

Speaking of that, I have a coworker who is nearing retirement. He is really really into travel, and is at the point in life where his only child is out of college, they have their house paid off, etc so they spend all their free money traveling. it's pretty cool actually talking to him as he always has something big planned - I plan a "big" trip every 2 years, but they do about 3 big trips per year! Anyway he was talking about retirement, with him and his wife planning to retire in about 2 years at age 60, and they have figured it out to have about $125K between them not even touching their 401K's, and he said that will work fine for them - their travel budget yearly is 40K, and they have no mortgage and they will still have a little to save. Man, I wish I had a travel budget of 40k yearly - but you know what, after kids are out of college we might be at that point too! I just want to also spend the time/money now while we are younger to also do those things.

Just an update! I added in another event, since it looks like i'll be eating whatever I want this weekend <3 (Maya is still on 50/50 neocate/bm, but her face has never been clearer and she seems to be doing great on it. I'm still pumping but will pump and dump this weekend so I don't have to worry about carrying around milk).

I added the Dessert party for the Star Wars fireworks - Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party !!! SO excited. The tickets were $108 and I realized I had a credit on my CC of $84 from something and it had been paid off, so that was just burning a hole in my pocket. Soooo I look at it as a dessert party with drinks for $24! Sweet. LOL. I couldn't do it with the dairy allergy, but now if I'm going to eat dairy I might as well enjoy it!

Watching live report(s) of the early morning magic. Josh from EasyWDW rode 7dmt 5 times by 8:20 then went on Pooh by himself lol! I'm interested to hear how breakfast is (hoping there is a special element to it, other than eggs/bacon/mickey waffles).

Enjoy eating whatever you want! I'm glad to hear that Maya is doing well on the neocate and that you have a solution for now!

The Dessert party sounds awesome - have so much fun on your trip!

Glad to hear Maya is doing well on the neocate!

I'm interested to hear how the dessert party works out. I think seeing that show will be a priority for us so may want to look into this rather than having to wait/hold a spot for a long time to get a good view of the projections. I just checked and they only have dates through the end of May in the system so far.

i just saw a report from Kenny the Pirate that he did the EMH hours and rode 7DMT 3 times and Peter Pan and Pooh, then had breakfast and then went to to other things as they opened so also met Anna and Elsa, and rode Splash and Big Thunder and was currently first in line for Pirates at 10am - so definitely seems like something that can be useful, especially for shorter trips I think

Glad to hear Maya is doing well on the neocate!

I'm interested to hear how the dessert party works out. I think seeing that show will be a priority for us so may want to look into this rather than having to wait/hold a spot for a long time to get a good view of the projections. I just checked and they only have dates through the end of May in the system so far.

i just saw a report from Kenny the Pirate that he did the EMH hours and rode 7DMT 3 times and Peter Pan and Pooh, then had breakfast and then went to to other things as they opened so also met Anna and Elsa, and rode Splash and Big Thunder and was currently first in line for Pirates at 10am - so definitely seems like something that can be useful, especially for shorter trips I think

I've been eagerly watching the reports! Food looks decent (laughingplace.com tweeted pics). Considering I DO have 7DMT FP's, I'm still wishy washy on the price. The only positive I see right now is riding 7DMT 3-5 times vs 1. But we have FP's for it for both MK days...

I read a review of the party before booking it (and I've now moved it around 3 different times accidentally lol, but I *think* the best day to do the dessert party is sunday - chef mickeys, pool time, afternoon at AK and then DHS for dessert party? (vs my MK day which is early breakfast, MK all morning, afternoon pool time, California grill dinner, then to DHS for dessert party). Anyway the reviews were very positive, food decent, drinks excellent, and overall a nice time.

@Dugette and I had a great time at the frozen dessert party almost 2 (!!!!) years ago now so I'm sure it'll be pretty similar - good view, fun music and good food & drinks.

I've been eagerly watching the reports! Food looks decent (laughingplace.com tweeted pics). Considering I DO have 7DMT FP's, I'm still wishy washy on the price. The only positive I see right now is riding 7DMT 3-5 times vs 1. But we have FP's for it for both MK days...

I read a review of the party before booking it (and I've now moved it around 3 different times accidentally lol, but I *think* the best day to do the dessert party is sunday - chef mickeys, pool time, afternoon at AK and then DHS for dessert party? (vs my MK day which is early breakfast, MK all morning, afternoon pool time, California grill dinner, then to DHS for dessert party). Anyway the reviews were very positive, food decent, drinks excellent, and overall a nice time.

@Dugette and I had a great time at the frozen dessert party almost 2 (!!!!) years ago now so I'm sure it'll be pretty similar - good view, fun music and good food & drinks.

The reviews I read of the part look really cool - I hope they continue it when they have the new show ... hopefully that spot will be good for seeing all the projections that are part of the new show!

Very true, they do spend their money on other things I guess. Her husband is really into cars, so they built a second garage and he buys motorcycles (Harley) and cars to fix up and spends his free time doing that.
Ha, if my hoarding co-worker could part with any of his money, that is what he'd be doing with it. But he just can't bring himself to do it. :rotfl:

BUT I will say we talk a LOT about travel and they seem to want to do it, but just put the $$ elsewhere? IDK. If I had their $ and free time (they have been trying for a baby for some time now) I would be taking multiple vacations per year.
Oh, that might be making them hesitant to plan a trip. But, really, they should travel now while there is no baby (and baby STUFF) to tote around. Plus, it will give them something to look forward to and happy memories from this time. That's how our 2010 Year of Disney came to be. We took what we thought was going to be "daycare money" and used it for APs/5 trips instead. :thumbsup2 One of the best decisions we've ever made.

Speaking of that, I have a coworker who is nearing retirement. He is really really into travel, and is at the point in life where his only child is out of college, they have their house paid off, etc so they spend all their free money traveling. it's pretty cool actually talking to him as he always has something big planned - I plan a "big" trip every 2 years, but they do about 3 big trips per year!
If I didn't know better, I'd think you worked with my dad. He's not retired, but a lot of people think he is, since he and my stepmom take so many big trips these days (he just has a very flexible job and lots of vacation time). In fact, they are currently hiking in Italy. It's pretty awesome. I want to be them someday. :rotfl:

Anyway he was talking about retirement, with him and his wife planning to retire in about 2 years at age 60, and they have figured it out to have about $125K between them not even touching their 401K's, and he said that will work fine for them
I'm not sure I'm following - they'll have a $125k/year income without touching 401Ks? :confused3 Like a pension or something? Yeah, we could get by on that (and do on less, haha).

their travel budget yearly is 40K, and they have no mortgage and they will still have a little to save. Man, I wish I had a travel budget of 40k yearly - but you know what, after kids are out of college we might be at that point too!
Yep, I can see that. In 15 years, we'll have about an extra $20k/year since our house will be paid off + we'll have about an extra $10k/year once daycare is done - of course, all of that will probably go towards college costs. :headache: But, then, we'll be home free. :rotfl:

I just want to also spend the time/money now while we are younger to also do those things.
Agreed. I love that Izzy is growing up thinking that airplane rides are an ordinary part of life. She's not afraid to go new places and try new things and I think that's great. Even if she won't always remember the details, she'll hopefully retain that love of travel and general happiness associated with it.

Just an update! I added in another event, since it looks like i'll be eating whatever I want this weekend <3 (Maya is still on 50/50 neocate/bm, but her face has never been clearer and she seems to be doing great on it. I'm still pumping but will pump and dump this weekend so I don't have to worry about carrying around milk).
Glad she is doing so well with the Neocate. Hope it continues. Nice bonus that you won't have to worry about milk transport.

Watching live report(s) of the early morning magic. Josh from EasyWDW rode 7dmt 5 times by 8:20 then went on Pooh by himself lol! I'm interested to hear how breakfast is (hoping there is a special element to it, other than eggs/bacon/mickey waffles).
Interesting to hear about! I'll have to check out some of those reviews.

Hope it's great! We did have a blast a couple years ago. :goodvibes I know it won't be exactly the same, but we did the Star Wars Dessert party a year ago and it was very similar. Of course, we had a super cranky overtired toddler that only wanted to be held by mommy...so I didn't have a great time. I pretty much stuffed my face as quickly as possible and tried to not look like a terrible parent as my child screamed and cried through the show. :blush: I'm sure it will go MUCH better than that for you. ::yes::

Oh, that might be making them hesitant to plan a trip. But, really, they should travel now while there is no baby (and baby STUFF) to tote around. Plus, it will give them something to look forward to and happy memories from this time. That's how our 2010 Year of Disney came to be. We took what we thought was going to be "daycare money" and used it for APs/5 trips instead. :thumbsup2 One of the best decisions we've ever made.

Oh I didn't realize that about using the "daycare money" what a fun way to spend that time while trying. Agreed that they should be enjoying life! That's actually how our France trip ended up being planned. I was tired of waiting to see if we'd have a 2nd so I booked it, we took 3 months off of trying due to timing (didn't want to travel at 40 weeks preggo or with a newborn lol) and then got preggo next month.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you worked with my dad. He's not retired, but a lot of people think he is, since he and my stepmom take so many big trips these days (he just has a very flexible job and lots of vacation time). In fact, they are currently hiking in Italy. It's pretty awesome. I want to be them someday. :rotfl:

That's awesome!!

I'm not sure I'm following - they'll have a $125k/year income without touching 401Ks? :confused3 Like a pension or something? Yeah, we could get by on that (and do on less, haha).

Yes pension plus social security. Both Andrew & I get pensions although that's about the extent I've really looked into it lol.

Yep, I can see that. In 15 years, we'll have about an extra $20k/year since our house will be paid off + we'll have about an extra $10k/year once daycare is done - of course, all of that will probably go towards college costs. :headache: But, then, we'll be home free. :rotfl:

Yes exactly! I have a plan that gets us to have quite a bit of excess $$ starting in about 4 years. Hence why I don't have much planned really :-/ i'll be worth it, but I'm also trying to enjoy our time now, too.

Agreed. I love that Izzy is growing up thinking that airplane rides are an ordinary part of life. She's not afraid to go new places and try new things and I think that's great. Even if she won't always remember the details, she'll hopefully retain that love of travel and general happiness associated with it.

Definitely!! They are little world travelers.

Glad she is doing so well with the Neocate. Hope it continues. Nice bonus that you won't have to worry about milk transport.

She won't take anything more than a 50/50 mix and I'm still *mentally* having a hard time with giving it to her, but it is obvious that even that 50/50 is doing wonders. I have a TON of frozen milk, so I am giving myself this hiatus to enjoy some food, there is no reason to keep the milk though unless she miraculously outgrows all the allergies in the next few months, so I'll just dump it out. It will definitely make for an easier time. bonus, this week I've been working on pumping twice - still getting a full day's worth of milk out too, but only have to pump around 7am and 7pm, which will be nice - I might not even have to pump in the park ever!

Hope it's great! We did have a blast a couple years ago. :goodvibes I know it won't be exactly the same, but we did the Star Wars Dessert party a year ago and it was very similar. Of course, we had a super cranky overtired toddler that only wanted to be held by mommy...so I didn't have a great time. I pretty much stuffed my face as quickly as possible and tried to not look like a terrible parent as my child screamed and cried through the show. :blush: I'm sure it will go MUCH better than that for you. ::yes::

It def won't be the same bc aria won't have izzy to dance with lol! I hope she isn't sick or something - that is not fun to have to spend it like that. It'll be a late night for both of us but hopefully fun.

Oh I didn't realize that about using the "daycare money" what a fun way to spend that time while trying. Agreed that they should be enjoying life! That's actually how our France trip ended up being planned. I was tired of waiting to see if we'd have a 2nd so I booked it, we took 3 months off of trying due to timing (didn't want to travel at 40 weeks preggo or with a newborn lol) and then got preggo next month.
Yeah, we had daycare in our projected budget and figured we shouldn't get used to having that extra money monthly, as we'd need to (hopefully) pay for daycare someday, so figured we should use it on some sort of 1-time splurge for the time period that we knew we didn't have daycare costs. It's tempting to put off living when you're hoping for a positive, but glad neither of us did - I still am so excited to hear about your France trip. Dug put together a rough agenda/estimate for France and it is do-able, but we're still not sure which trip we'll end up taking (can't do them all :sad2:).

Yes pension plus social security. Both Andrew & I get pensions although that's about the extent I've really looked into it lol.
Wow, I guess that a long government career can lead to a great pension. Dug worked for a local government for 10 years before he changed jobs - and he will only get about $700/month in pension - but that was only for 10 years of time worked and contributions to the pension. I technically had a pension before our company ownership changed (I was actually one of the last people to get one, since they did away with them soon after I started). I had to rollover my tiny pension to an IRA. It would have been a really minimal pension anyway - and free money is good, since I didn't have to contribute to that one. I can't imagine having a pension the size of theirs! :faint:

Yes exactly! I have a plan that gets us to have quite a bit of excess $$ starting in about 4 years. Hence why I don't have much planned really :-/ i'll be worth it, but I'm also trying to enjoy our time now, too.
Ah, makes sense, once daycare expenses end (though I have heard that other kid-related expenses skyrocket after a few years). I have to admit, I still don't know if we will have a second kid or not, but seeing all that extra daycare/baby expense money back in our budget for other purposes if we didn't is pretty tempting...:rolleyes1

bonus, this week I've been working on pumping twice - still getting a full day's worth of milk out too, but only have to pump around 7am and 7pm, which will be nice - I might not even have to pump in the park ever!
Wow, that's a great pumping schedule! :thumbsup2

It def won't be the same bc aria won't have izzy to dance with lol! I hope she isn't sick or something - that is not fun to have to spend it like that. It'll be a late night for both of us but hopefully fun.
Haha, they had a great time dancing - too cute! I'm sure Aria will do fine with the late night. I mean, Izzy was 2.5 when we did the party and Aria is 4, so I think she'll be able to control her emotions a bit better. :rotfl:

If I am calculating right, I think you are surprising Aria in just a few hours! :hyper: Hope you have a great trip! Looks like some other DIS-ers on reports I'm following will be there at the same time. I'm jealous - it feels like everyone is going to Disney without me! :rotfl: Hope Maya does well with Andrew and that you and Aria have some wonderful mother/daughter fun together. :goodvibes

That's awesome!!
I just had to add about my dad and stepmom being in Italy: I just saw on Facebook that they ran into Rick Steves at dinner in Florence! (Then went on to hike the Lake Como area for a few days). Dug and I were joking, "That's how you know you've made it in the European travel world - when you just run into Rick Steves on your trips." :rotfl:

Yeah, we had daycare in our projected budget and figured we shouldn't get used to having that extra money monthly, as we'd need to (hopefully) pay for daycare someday, so figured we should use it on some sort of 1-time splurge for the time period that we knew we didn't have daycare costs. It's tempting to put off living when you're hoping for a positive, but glad neither of us did - I still am so excited to hear about your France trip. Dug put together a rough agenda/estimate for France and it is do-able, but we're still not sure which trip we'll end up taking (can't do them all :sad2:).

Wow, I guess that a long government career can lead to a great pension. Dug worked for a local government for 10 years before he changed jobs - and he will only get about $700/month in pension - but that was only for 10 years of time worked and contributions to the pension. I technically had a pension before our company ownership changed (I was actually one of the last people to get one, since they did away with them soon after I started). I had to rollover my tiny pension to an IRA. It would have been a really minimal pension anyway - and free money is good, since I didn't have to contribute to that one. I can't imagine having a pension the size of theirs! :faint:

Ah, makes sense, once daycare expenses end (though I have heard that other kid-related expenses skyrocket after a few years). I have to admit, I still don't know if we will have a second kid or not, but seeing all that extra daycare/baby expense money back in our budget for other purposes if we didn't is pretty tempting...:rolleyes1

Wow, that's a great pumping schedule! :thumbsup2

Haha, they had a great time dancing - too cute! I'm sure Aria will do fine with the late night. I mean, Izzy was 2.5 when we did the party and Aria is 4, so I think she'll be able to control her emotions a bit better. :rotfl:

If I am calculating right, I think you are surprising Aria in just a few hours! :hyper: Hope you have a great trip! Looks like some other DIS-ers on reports I'm following will be there at the same time. I'm jealous - it feels like everyone is going to Disney without me! :rotfl: Hope Maya does well with Andrew and that you and Aria have some wonderful mother/daughter fun together. :goodvibes

That is a big reason why I am still working - not just for the $$ now (we could move to a smaller hosue and plan fewer trips, and I could stay home) but also for the pension. I believe it is about 30% of my "high 3" salary, which is pretty good when you couple that with Andrew's pension, social security (if we still get it) and not having college/house payments.

I just had to add about my dad and stepmom being in Italy: I just saw on Facebook that they ran into Rick Steves at dinner in Florence! (Then went on to hike the Lake Como area for a few days). Dug and I were joking, "That's how you know you've made it in the European travel world - when you just run into Rick Steves on your trips." :rotfl:

That is awesome!!! We were 1 day off from seeing him I nVenice when we traveled there - he had been at the restaurant we were eating at. We also were next door to Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt who were renting a villa next to where we were staying. That is really cool though, I love Rick Steves and what he has done for the travel world. And jealous they are in Lake Como! UGH! I need to start planning that trip next june, so excited to return.

Well, we are home! I missed Maya so much - seeing all the other babies there her age made me wish she had been there, but then getting to ride all the big rides with Aria made me appreciate that time with her alone. I felt so torn! I actually emailed my points guy while there to ask about a standard view BLT studio for December but none are available. I am thinking about booking a room at Shades for December 10th weekend and looking around for deals. I haven't mentioned this to Andrew but...I really want to go and bring maya.

Anyway, Aria and I had an absolute BLAST. The fireworks dessert party (as Aria calls it, the treat party) and the early morning magic were actually two of my very favorite memories. I actually posted a review of the EMM on the attractions board.

We liked Shades, but I still prefer BLT of course. But for the price (129 per night, no taxes) it will definitely be a contender especially for long weekend trips. WDW needs to work on expanding their monorail hours though, I can't imagine those who spent 500+ per night at the Poly/GF having to take a bus to the MK because the monorail opens LATE, off schedule, etc.

Anyway can't wait to write about it, but this is a super busy week, and we are heading to Texas on Saturday to visit my grandmom...

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time, and sorry that you missed Maya - that must have been hard.

I can't wait to read all about it!

That is a big reason why I am still working - not just for the $$ now (we could move to a smaller hosue and plan fewer trips, and I could stay home) but also for the pension. I believe it is about 30% of my "high 3" salary, which is pretty good when you couple that with Andrew's pension, social security (if we still get it) and not having college/house payments.
Definitely a nice perk to be working for. Not to mention the money to take those trips now. :thumbsup2

Well, we are home! I missed Maya so much - seeing all the other babies there her age made me wish she had been there, but then getting to ride all the big rides with Aria made me appreciate that time with her alone. I felt so torn!
I bet you missed Maya, I'm sure that was tough. But so glad that you and Aria got some one-on-one time together. I'm sure that was good for both of you. Hope Maya and Andrew had some good bonding time too.

I am thinking about booking a room at Shades for December 10th weekend and looking around for deals.
Well, IF we take our cruise/WDW trip (very unsure right now, due to other possible trips), that would overlap with the weekend at the end of our cruise - so, good timing! :goodvibes

Anyway, Aria and I had an absolute BLAST. The fireworks dessert party (as Aria calls it, the treat party) and the early morning magic were actually two of my very favorite memories. I actually posted a review of the EMM on the attractions board.
So glad to hear those events were worthwhile. I jumped over and read your EMM review - sounds like a fun experience! Excited to hear all about it. Did you manage to surprise Aria with the trip?

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time, and sorry that you missed Maya - that must have been hard.

I can't wait to read all about it!

Thank you!!

Welcome back! I can't wait to hear more about it!

Thanks!!

Definitely a nice perk to be working for. Not to mention the money to take those trips now. :thumbsup2

I bet you missed Maya, I'm sure that was tough. But so glad that you and Aria got some one-on-one time together. I'm sure that was good for both of you. Hope Maya and Andrew had some good bonding time too.

Well, IF we take our cruise/WDW trip (very unsure right now, due to other possible trips), that would overlap with the weekend at the end of our cruise - so, good timing! :goodvibes

So glad to hear those events were worthwhile. I jumped over and read your EMM review - sounds like a fun experience! Excited to hear all about it. Did you manage to surprise Aria with the trip?

I thought that weekend might work out like that. I still haven't brought it up to Andrew, so much going on and all, but need to check finances and then will at least placehold a spot at SoG.

It was REALLY REALLY good for Aria and me to get that time together. I missed it so much - Maya is just taking it all up right now with everything going on, and just with her being an infant.

And YES, I did surprise Aria completely. She had asked Andrew to go to a park (playground) that weekened. So at 3:15AM I went in to her room and woke her up, got her dressed and then said she needed to wear the purple magic band. I asked her if she knew why she needed it and she said "to go to the park?" kind of sleepily. I asked what kind of park she thought we were going to and told her to look at the magic band and she confusedly said "Disney?" and I said we were going just the two of us and she immediately perked up. So excited! She was wide awake then and told me all weekend long how happy she was I surprised her with a trip to Disney!

Andrew recorded it but the sound got muffled unfortunately so it's really hard to hear.

Update - thanks to an unexpected SREC deposit into our account, I've booked Shades of Green for December 8-13! (SREC are these solar renewable energy credits we get for having a solar system installed on our house. I don't account for them in our annual budget because they are totally randomly deposited and the amount is always fluctuating, but we should technically get 12 SREC credits each year, each one with an approximate value of $420!). Before mentioning Disney, I asked Andrew if he wanted to split the latest deposit and he agreed LOL. Sooo that just about paid for our Shades of Green stay! (we got 2 credits).

It will most likely just be me and the girls. By then Maya will have just turned 1 though so hopefully I'll be able to do it on my own. Maybe I'll try and limit buffets that trip, as that seems the most daunting lol trying to carry Maya (even if she's walking I'm sure she will be waddling away from me if I try to bring her up to the buffet line) and get food for Aria and myself. Although I guess I can use a carrier or something. I'll also have to plan just 1 afternoon with the babysitting service I used at Universal so that Aria can ride some big rides, and otherwise we'll be sticking to the small ones. Or maybe Andrew will come to his senses and decide to come ;)

May TR continued!!

I last left off after a fun day at AK & EPCOT! The next day we spent at Universal - Lynda was able to get military tickets for around $110 for 3-day park to park (important to ride Hogwarts Express) tickets and I had my AP, so we planned to spend 3 of our days at Universal/IoA.

The drive over was quick and parking was easy - on the walk to the gates we stopped at Starbucks, and today we planned to start at IoA. When the park opened, we all headed left but Lynda and Aron did the Hulk and Spiderman while Aria and I did the tea cup like ride (without spinning extra)

11407242_10100328555140011_1786881583964218086_n.jpg

And then continued around to the Pteranodon Flyers as there was nothing else to do for either of us in between.

11391669_10100328555154981_3836764982046840105_n.jpg

From the ride we were able to see the new ride going in - King Kong

11401092_10100328555224841_7849088662338940614_n.jpg

While short, this is definitely a favorite ride!

11390003_10100328555264761_7309957038196026165_n.jpg

And then we bypassed the Harry Potter stuff to go to the Seuss area waiting for L&A to be done doing their big rides

11401449_10100328555304681_209462905935903794_n.jpg

11401447_10100328555309671_3189591542725037943_n.jpg

The Caro-seuss-el

11392816_10100328555544201_7613284575351618825_n.jpg

A fun play area with sprayers

11351133_10100328555589111_7258503525461254186_n.jpg

We rode the Cat in the Hat ride, then One Fish Two Fish which is like Dumbo but you get wet!

11393146_10100328554506281_5631208429322280020_n.jpg

Then L&A came and I rode the High in the Sky trolley ride, which Aria would have enjoyed although it has that darn 40" height requirement (I *believe* that is the only extra ride she could do at Universal now - at least until she hits 42"). I actually did this alone while L&A waited with Aria, because they were both feeling the effects of all the rides they had been on.

1907547_10100328554675941_636940911697008054_n.jpg

11351239_10100328555833621_9217719689279657361_n.jpg

From there we still had some time before lunch, so we opted to visit Hogsmeade and see the HP stuff. While Lynda is (GASP) not a big HP fan, Aron knows more about the books and they were both very impressed with the theming of the area regardless. They took Aria on the Flight of the Hippogriph as I was unsure about riding it

11377180_10100328555713861_858391726197923171_n.jpg

And she ended up going a second time as there was still no wait!

Then they got to try out Pteranodon Flyers, since this was their first visit WITH a kid, it was their first time riding, so lucky aria got to ride 3 times in a row - thankfully it was a walk on!!

11377359_10100328555629031_3480155668341457635_n.jpg

10494615_10100328555634021_2264954898567332641_n.jpg

After her 2nd time on, the CM's there (I don't remember what to call them, so they are CM's here in my TR) handed Aria a frequent flyer button - too cute!

11248060_10100328555668951_3305997667829106832_n.jpg

And next it was time for lunch! We had reservations at Mythos for lunch before heading to the other park. One positive for not drinking alcohol is that I could always share my fun drinks with Aria, and she enjoyed this milkshake very much.

11034163_10100328555888511_3627306449705220934_n.jpg

I *like* Mythos, I don't believe it should be regarded as the greatest theme park restaurant in the world, but for Universal it is a good option without having to leave the park.

For my main dish I ordered the chicken pad thai

11351473_10100328555918451_8482336221567566612_n.jpg

Lynda had their risotto of the day

11330041_10100328555938411_3669965870062938738_n.jpg

We did not order dessert, but they brought this out for Lynda as she was just a day or so away from her birthday!

11406860_10100328554730831_745911345367722787_n.jpg

After lunch, we headed over to ride the Hogwarts express to the other park!

Waiting for the Hogwarts Express

11401494_10100328555973341_2418512676882459079_n.jpg

We got our own cabin!

11406909_10100328556013261_314701327910771003_n.jpg

We checked out Diagon Alley together, and then L&A headed off to do more rides - I think Gringotts had a very long line at that point so they opted to wait to ride until our next visit, and instead headed out of Diagon Alley.

11401267_10100328556038211_4291650809516384266_n.jpg

11406923_10100328556093101_1629459720213672888_n.jpg

I let Aria pick out some candy from Honeydukes and then put her down for a nap in the stroller.

11377075_10100328555743801_5770634725217298168_n.jpg

Unfortunately she only slept about 20 minutes before a coughing fit woke her up and kept her awake :( poor thing! I had been strolling over to Fievel's playland area, planning to play there when she woke up, so we headed in to ride E.T. earlier than planned!

11392819_10100328556143001_7804386247318248502_n.jpg

11377073_10100328556147991_7734257302495535120_n.jpg

And then we went to Fievel's play area (skipped the Woody Woodpecker ride for now as I was unsure about riding that one too)

11149582_10100328556232821_402858409966007161_n.jpg

11407119_10100328556212861_8246221531774549804_n.jpg

11406867_10100328556292701_3312334530649110991_n.jpg

Lynda and Aron joined us here after a while and enjoyed climbing as well!

11412224_10100328556277731_8802031446948328094_n.jpg

And there is this awesome little waterslide here!!

11329974_10100328556312661_9160581787423826298_n.jpg

It's so random and hidden, there was never a wait for it. I went down it a couple times, plus Lynda and Aron went - I think Aria got to go more than 10 times in a row!

11141163_10100328556357571_8300978200703506615_n.jpg

11391087_10100328555015261_4813577380077617551_n.jpg

11329973_10100328554790711_5444905790092441818_n.jpg

Aria talked them into a ride on Woody Woodpeckers next!

11401048_10100328556412461_2441338226738804752_n.jpg

Then the splash area was calling our names - it was about 95 degrees this day so it felt amazing!

11377278_10100328556437411_4074966603334315274_n.jpg

11401300_10100328556487311_722189070761148192_n.jpg

22508_10100328555005281_1722378536802717681_n.jpg

In the back of the splash area there is this hidden gem I had never seen before - this ball factory where you scoop/suck up balls and then launch them around the room!

11401277_10100328554955381_2350581493408667671_n.jpg

11406906_10100328554915461_91105638790804270_n.jpg

11401147_10100328554875541_5674810457993360677_n.jpg

We had a ball! ;)

Lynda and Aron had had their fill of Universal rides for the day (IMO, they can be pretty jarring either for your head or stomach or both!!) so after the play area we headed back to the room to change for dinner. As with any non-Disney day, a very Disney dinner was in order!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter