It's A WONDERful 2015 - Feb Cruise, May WDW grand tour, and France/DLP! NEW 10/25 Nice & End!

Imagineer5

DIS Veteran
Welcome!! I have lost count of my TR numbers, but I absolutely love reminiscing about trips and planning upcoming ones all with your help, so I hope you will join me for another full year of adventures!!

First of all, some introductions!

I am Lauren, a mechanical engineer (with lofty dreams of being an Imagineer). I work for the DoD/Navy analyzing torpedoes and submarines. But my true passion is for travel, seeing the world, and planning vacations. Moreso, just spending time with my family! We live in Massachusetts, between Boston and Providence.

11023335_10100301286321941_6478921524755417090_n.jpg

(this is from my October 2014 trip when I got some French gelato all by myself while DD was napping!)

Next up is my DH! He normally is absent on many of my TR's, but for most of the ones in 2015 he was present and accounted for. He is also a mechanical engineer; he works for MIT and designs clean rooms and manages things. Not entirely sure, but he'd be happy to go into detail if you asked ;) We met in college back in 2001 and started dating in 2003, and married in 2007. Despite not being a HUGE Disney freak like me, he does put up with trips every 1-2 years with us, and my much more frequent WDW trips as well. He enjoys traveling and is very excited for France!

10390230_10100298817489501_6085979389311402936_n.jpg

That photo gave you a sneak peek at who is next - our 3 year old DD Aria! She is the light of my life and my little Disney travel buddy. Often she will pack up her backpack with pretend treats and say she is packing for Disney World. She is a thrill seeker (though still slightly too short for BTMRR, Splash, etc) but absolutely LOVED Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! She has been to WDW 11 times and DL one time. The first trip I am going to talk about was for her 3rd birthday - a Disney cruise!

11390060_10100328585229711_166976196205493169_n.jpg

On previous TR's I would stop there - but this time I have a 4th passenger along for most of the TR's - I am pregnant with baby girl #2! We are due December 4th, 2015. We tried for nearly 2 years for this little one, and she will be just as Disney spoiled as her older sister if I have anything to say about it! Her closet is already nearly full, so that is a start! ;) Aria is very excited for her arrival. This was our announcement:

11334281_10100319936716401_719504880421421318_o.jpg

Coming up next...our 2015 trips at a glance, then I will fully delve into the first trip of the year which took us on our first ever cruise, first visit to Mexico, and first time to the Florida Keys!

I'm super excited to hear about your cruise, not to mention May and, of course, DLP once you go! :cool1:

She is a thrill seeker (though still slightly too short for BTMRR, Splash, etc) but absolutely LOVED Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!
By the way, whenever the girls get back to WDW together, they may have that in common and want to ride all the thrill rides together. Obviously, Izzy is too small for Splash Mountain, but she is actually tall enough for the Mall of America's knock-off of Splash - and she begged to ride! She kept saying, "I'm going to be so scared!" and then I'd ask her if it was "good, fun scared" and she'd say yes. And now she asks me all the time to go back and ride more so she can be scared again! :rotfl: Here's the bit of video we got:

Hi! Continuing my recent tradition of no more lurking (okay, less lurking) and more commenting I wanted to say hello :wave: and tell you how much I enjoyed 2013 and 2014 - I would love to take mommy-son trips like yours and Aria's mommy-daughter trips - and I'm very much looking forward to 2015! And congrats as you approach becoming a family of four! I just LOVE the announcement pic!!

I am here and I am excited to read all about your 2015 adventures. Congratulations on daughter #2; now you get to start your second hobby all over again! I love that you are doing these trips from the start of Aria's life. Mommy/daughter trips are something I started doing with my mom when I was 7 and now it is some of the best memories I have and we continue to do. I love your reveal picture as well, it's a perfect way to let everyone know that you have a new little Mouseketeer on the way!

Welp, as you know, I have been fairly MIA for awhile, but I'm Back! And managed to make the first page on your new TR! Thank you for detailing your travels and of course the Matilda Jane parade that will soon follow! :lovestruc

yay for a new trip report and that cute little girl of yours!

Aww thank you!!

I'm super excited to hear about your cruise, not to mention May and, of course, DLP once you go! :cool1:

Hahha thank you!! I am excited to relive the Cruise trip, it was SO much fun. I am looking forward to reading all about yours too.

By the way, whenever the girls get back to WDW together, they may have that in common and want to ride all the thrill rides together. Obviously, Izzy is too small for Splash Mountain, but she is actually tall enough for the Mall of America's knock-off of Splash - and she begged to ride! She kept saying, "I'm going to be so scared!" and then I'd ask her if it was "good, fun scared" and she'd say yes. And now she asks me all the time to go back and ride more so she can be scared again! :rotfl: Here's the bit of video we got:

That is adorable!!! Aria has been on one similar and LOVED it too...I am so worried Splash will be down when we go in Jan/Feb but hopefully it will be back up before the end of the trip.

I've been waiting for this one:)

Aw thanks!!

I'm here! Love the announcement picture!

Woohoo! Thanks :)

Hi! Continuing my recent tradition of no more lurking (okay, less lurking) and more commenting I wanted to say hello :wave: and tell you how much I enjoyed 2013 and 2014 - I would love to take mommy-son trips like yours and Aria's mommy-daughter trips - and I'm very much looking forward to 2015! And congrats as you approach becoming a family of four! I just LOVE the announcement pic!!

Yay! Thank you for commenting! I am so glad you enjoyed past TR's. I do have 1 trip in the works to just be Aria & me next May (baby will be 6m). It is hard to imagine going with me and two little girls, one of which wants to ride all the big rides but won't be able to. So I need to work on how to do that over the next 2 years before baby2 is tall enough for them...

I'm here too! Looking forward to reading about all your adventures!!

Yay thank you!!

I am here and I am excited to read all about your 2015 adventures. Congratulations on daughter #2; now you get to start your second hobby all over again! I love that you are doing these trips from the start of Aria's life. Mommy/daughter trips are something I started doing with my mom when I was 7 and now it is some of the best memories I have and we continue to do. I love your reveal picture as well, it's a perfect way to let everyone know that you have a new little Mouseketeer on the way!

Seriously, some of the best memories I have are from our trips. I am so glad you have those memories too! And thank you so much! The walls around the hub were up, crushing my dreams of taking a pic with walt & mickey as well, but this worked out ok!

Welp, as you know, I have been fairly MIA for awhile, but I'm Back! And managed to make the first page on your new TR! Thank you for detailing your travels and of course the Matilda Jane parade that will soon follow! :lovestruc

YAY hi!! Back to start planning your Jan trip?? I can't believe we'll miss eachother by 1 or 2 days.

Congrats on your pregnancy!!! Very excited to read about the cruise. We are doing our first cruise in April 2016. :)

Aw thank you!! The cruise was amazing, and even better DH totally loved it too. I keep pricing out new ones, but haven't pulled the trigger yet!

Joining in.

Thank you!!

Let's talk about what I'm going to talk about! :chat: I'll try to add some pics to break up all that text!

1) First up is Aria's 3rd birthday trip! We found that a 5-night cruise from Miami was significantly cheaper than a cruise from Port Canaveral, and it is much closer to the Florida keys as well, so we decided on a night (turned out to be 2) in Miami, then the 5-night Wonder which included stops in Cozumel (which I am thanking my pregnancy for, and not in THAT way...you'll have to see what I mean!) and Castaway Key, then 3 nights in the Florida Keys. The dates were January 30th-February 9th, 2015

Apartment we rented in Miami:

25389088_original.jpg

My little cutie in Miami
10277813_10100271311337051_2778519705873536430_n.jpg

2) Next we visited WDW & universal in May - this trip was Aria, my best friend Lynda who lives in Baltimore, her boyfriend Aron, and myself. I had a new AP that activated this trip - May 8-19th and we stayed at the BWV for the first time, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and then Universal's Cabana Bay. I am a HUGE Harry Potter nut, so had an annual pass to Universal from the previous year that was still good.

BWV Pool time from our first day:
11412365_10100328539296761_8212288908872064375_n.jpg

3) My current focus is on our upcoming France trip! We have never been to France and I love to travel of course, so this has been on my bucket list. I have quite a long list but many of them are not places I would take a 3 year old too (by the way, we took her to Holland, Germany and Italy when she was 19 months old). I'll probably go into some pre-trip info if that is ok :upsidedow and if you have any input I'd love to hear it! Our plans are: 4 nights in Paris, 4 nights at Disneyland Paris (hence why I am talking about it here!), 3 nights in the Loire Valley, 2 in Beaune, 2 in Avignon and 3 in Nice. We are travelling September 3-22. And yes, I'll be 27-29 weeks pregnant... :rotfl:

Our view from the apartment we are renting in Paris:
c031d9d9_original.jpg

At Disneyland Paris we are staying at the Hotel New York
hotel_new-york.jpg

This is our final view of France - from the villa we are renting in Nice
f7384f20_original.jpg

4) since this is included on my annual pass I activated in May, I will probably just continue on to talk about this too. January 29-February 10 - @khertz we added on 6 days as of yesterday!

January 29th - 1 night in a Poly studio
January 30-February 4th - 5 nights in a 1 bedroom at BLT
February 4th-Feb 10th - 6 nights in a 2 bedroom at BCV with my in laws.

I'm going to be working on our ADR's this week as our 180-day booking window is opening in a month! This trip is for Aria's 4th birthday. I can't WAIT to take her on the "big" rides - baby will be 2 months old for her first Disney trip! Already starting earlier than Aria did at 8 months! :cool1:

BLT 1 bedroom-
suite_model15.JPG

5) And this one is up in the air, but I might possibly slip in another trip before my AP expires, as a 4/5 night long weekend with just Aria. I wonder if I'll be able to leave baby? But I feel like Aria might need some one on one time by now. This one I might check out Shades of Green, unsure about that ATM. Maybe the Poly studio...

I hope you will enjoy the TR's as much as I enjoy reminiscing over past ones and planning future ones!

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what you think about DLP. It seems like a neat place to visit but it's so far away. Good luck with all of your travels being that far along

Hello, I traveled at 27-28 weeks pregnant and it was a breeze. We are planning a trip to DLP in the next couple of years. It will be our boys first trip to Europe.

We found that a 5-night cruise from Miami was significantly cheaper than a cruise from Port Canaveral
I saw this this morning and it got me pricing out cruises, somewhat randomly. :hyper: Did you know that a 7-night Caribbean is nearly as much as an 11-night transatlantic from Barcelona to NYC?! :eek: Ugh, I wish Disney cruises weren't so expensive. I'd love to do a longer one. I'm really excited to hear about yours, by the way!

I have quite a long list but many of them are not places I would take a 3 year old to
Same here (and we need to come up with enough money first too :teacher:). Greece is fairly high on the list (Dug has been, but I have not). It's probably going to be a few years before we can really plan on international trips, though. :sad2: At least I can live vicariously through yours for now! ::yes::

TODAY I will find out where we will stay January 29th, but then the 30th-Feb 4th we will be at Bay Lake Tower in a 1 bedroom, and then DH's parents come down and we will all stay at a BCV 2-bedroom.
This all sounds amazing!

And this one is up in the air, but I might possibly slip in another trip before my AP expires, as a 4/5 night long weekend with just Aria.
Um, knowing you, this WILL happen. :rotfl:

Can't wait to see what you think about DLP. It seems like a neat place to visit but it's so far away. Good luck with all of your travels being that far along

I am excited too!! Sounds like they have quite the pregnancy restrictions (i.e. not supposed to ride Peter Pan among others) but I am hoping to have a good time regardless.

Hello, I traveled at 27-28 weeks pregnant and it was a breeze. We are planning a trip to DLP in the next couple of years. It will be our boys first trip to Europe.

Thanks!! So far this one is going just like my last pregnancy with Aria, and at that stage I was very comfortable and full of energy so I am not too worried about it.

I saw this this morning and it got me pricing out cruises, somewhat randomly. :hyper: Did you know that a 7-night Caribbean is nearly as much as an 11-night transatlantic from Barcelona to NYC?! :eek: Ugh, I wish Disney cruises weren't so expensive. I'd love to do a longer one. I'm really excited to hear about yours, by the way!

Same here (and we need to come up with enough money first too :teacher:). Greece is fairly high on the list (Dug has been, but I have not). It's probably going to be a few years before we can really plan on international trips, though. :sad2: At least I can live vicariously through yours for now! ::yes::

This all sounds amazing!

Um, knowing you, this WILL happen. :rotfl:

I priced out a 7-night cruise for next December from Port Canaveral and it was about $4600 for the 4 of us. If I could get it under 3K I would go.

Greece is definitely high on my list!! Australia is probably going to be our next HUGE trip, although with the baby it might get pushed out further, we'll see. Besides the long flight that one is very kid friendly. I also want to do South Africa but would like the kids to be older, maybe 8 and 12?

I also see cheap Ireland trips pop up all the time, so we may hop on one of those in the near(er) future, but it really isn't on my bucket list (I've been to Scotland and England, although Andrew hasn't).

OH another huge bucket list trip is the Galapagos, Amazon and Machu Picchu, but again want the kids to be older for that one.

So as it is, Disney and Disney cruises seem to fit the bill for now :-D

Oh and RE next May, considering I plan to get Aria an annual pass for our Jan/Feb trip, yes it most likely will happen.

I can't wait to read about all of these amazing trips. And I'm SO excited we will finally overlap next year!!!! Can't wait to meet up after all these years :banana:

I can't wait to hear all about your cruise!

The views from the places you are staying in France look amazing, and I can't wait to hear about all the planning for DLP. When I was researching it, it just seemed so much different than planning for WDW.

We'll be in WDW for a few days in May (I think May 5-6 and 14-15 on each end of our cruise). It would be awesome if our dates overlapped!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter