It's a-LIVE, a-LiVE...Trip Report, That Is

Your photo bucket snag is like the tape delay for the olympics- And, because you're there and we're not, we are all glued to our computers waiting for your every post! :lmao: Happy Anniversary!

Our original reservation for Chefs de France was for seven o' clock, but we figured we would check in early since we were tired. They still seated us right away, about 40 minutes before our scheduled time. (There were actually quite a few empty tables.)

108b9592.jpg

One of the first items they bring you is this yummy crusty French bread.

5554270f.jpg

Next, we received our appetizers. My husband got French onion soup.

7407e1c5.jpg

I got crab salad with shrimp, served with tomatoes and cucumbers.

cb21b4a6.jpg

We both really liked our appetizers. The crab salad was a little rich, so I only ate about half of it.

For our entrees, I got the beef short ribs, and my husband got the beef tenderloin. Both, as usual, were very yummy!

ff98e415.jpg

0c8ff84b.jpg

For dessert, my husband got the puffs with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce, and I got a strawberry and cream cake with sorbet.

7fee9b97.jpg

6f0b11d9.jpg

They even brought us a plate of fresh fruit with Happy Anniversary written on it, and offered to take our picture:

b757b4f2.jpg

dea90662.jpg

Like everything else, our desserts were yummy!

After dinner, we took the Friendship boat back to Future World and headed back to Pop. (We figured we will see Illuminations another day since we have a couple more dinners at the World Showcase this week.) All in all, we had a great day at Epcot!

mrs.sammich said:
Your photo bucket snag is like the tape delay for the olympics- And, because you're there and we're not, we are all glued to our computers waiting for your every post! :lmao: Happy Anniversary!

Great analogy! I think we are taking a nap break today, so I will probably do a mid-day post.

seriously love your trip report! i am a huge fan of epcot and love traveling the world. i've only been to epcot a couple of times though.

ok, maybe a dumb question, but what are the friendship boats?? i've never heard of them. do they just take you from one part of the world showcase to another?? thanks for the info and the fun read! :thumbsup2

raraavis said:
seriously love your trip report! i am a huge fan of epcot and love traveling the world. i've only been to epcot a couple of times though.

ok, maybe a dumb question, but what are the friendship boats?? i've never heard of them. do they just take you from one part of the world showcase to another?? thanks for the info and the fun read! :thumbsup2

The friendship boats depart from Canada and Mexico, going to either Morocco or Germany. It's a nice little ride, and helps if you have sore feet!

Thanks for reading!

Happy Anniversary!! I don't think I have commented yet, but I have been following along. We are staying at POP for the first time in December.

Valgoof said:
Happy Anniversary!! I don't think I have commented yet, but I have been following along. We are staying at POP for the first time in December.

Thanks! I bet you guys will have a great time!

Thanks! We end up spending a lot of nights at World Showcase, though not every night. We still have several dining reservations there.

I always enjoy picking a pearl. I saw someone got a silver pearl today. I have only ever gotten a regular white one, but they are always pretty!

I have seen about those pearls. Looks very neat. How much do they cost approx.? Just curious ::yes::

The friendship boats depart from Canada and Mexico, going to either Morocco or Germany. It's a nice little ride, and helps if you have sore feet!

Thanks for reading!

thanks!! :thanks:

I have seen about those pearls. Looks very neat. How much do they cost approx.? Just curious ::yes::

i'm pretty sure i saw a sign in her picture that said the pick a pearl was $15.95. i could be wrong though.

Loving the live report, it is excellent and I adore the pictures. We will be at Pop in 11 days!! and I have to say I am not a big Epcot fan but I have never seen the whole showcase but after your pictures I am so spending more time there and making my family see it all!!!! Can't wait for more or to leave to get there!!!

Happy Anniversary!

Emteach said:

It was about $17 to pick a pearl, but the settings are extra. The setting I picked was fairly cheap--about $11. However, they have much more expensive ones too.

Thanks! Sounds like something we will definately check out!
What are the settings? Are they boxes for them or.... I am a wee bit confused. lol.
Loving your trip report (and am actually reading your other one simultaneously).

Sprite74 said:
Loving the live report, it is excellent and I adore the pictures. We will be at Pop in 11 days!! and I have to say I am not a big Epcot fan but I have never seen the whole showcase but after your pictures I am so spending more time there and making my family see it all!!!! Can't wait for more or to leave to get there!!!

Happy Anniversary!

You definitely should! World Showcase is one of my favorite places. If you have younger kids that might be bored with just exploring and shopping, you should check out the Kidcot Fun Stops and Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure.

Congratulations on your anniversary.
Disney is a wonderful place to be for a celebration.
Epcot is a very romantic place.;)

Emteach said:
Thanks! Sounds like something we will definately check out!
What are the settings? Are they boxes for them or.... I am a wee bit confused. lol.
Loving your trip report (and am actually reading your other one simultaneously).

The setting would be the actual jewelry you put it into. You can have them make earrings, pendants, bracelets, charms, etc. They have silver, gold, and white gold. They have settings as cheap as $10 and as expensive as $300; it all depends on what you want. You could also just take your pearl home and have a local jeweler set it or do something else with it. Glad to hear you are enjoying my reports!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter