It's a-LIVE, a-LiVE...Trip Report, That Is

I have been working on my report all day, but Photobucket does NOT want to cooperate half of the time in the parks. I will upload pics and post the reports tonight!

Thanks for the live reports, makes us all feel like we are there with you. We will be there in less than two weeks so you are adding to our excitement. Enjoy your trip and again thanks!

After riding Soarin' for the first time, we headed over to Living with the Land. I always enjoy that ride; it's very calm and relaxing. I took quite a few pictures of the plants and animals we saw:

f15ae8a5.jpg

f34023ea.jpg

afcc99d8.jpg

144e0de4.jpg

626c6c32.jpg

47623887.jpg

2fc41356.jpg

7b46400a.jpg

d3e8b6fb.jpg

031acaa4.jpg

89fe8577.jpg

2fe4a25b.jpg

454258ac.jpg

0849eb21.jpg

When we got off Living with the Land, it was exactly our fastpass time, so we headed back to Soarin' for a second ride. The fastpass wait was minimal. I forgot to mention this earlier, but this was our first time ever riding when we were wearing sandals. They make you take your sandals off, which I was a bit apprehensive about at first, but it was actually really nice riding barefoot and feeling the wind on our feet.

By the time we got off our second ride on Soarin', it was time to head over to Teppan Edo for lunch. We were afraid we might be late for our reservation, but we made it with a couple of minutes to spare.

Next post: Lunch at Teppan Edo

On our last trip to Disney, we ate lunch at Teppan Edo, and we enjoyed it so much that we decided to go back.

d8ac2d10.jpg

We were seated with a large party that was all there together, but they were very friendly.

We both started out with a salad, albeit with different types of dressing.

17b1ebee.jpg

Then, we placed our entree order. I got filet mignon, and my husband got sirloin steak. Everyone's meal also comes with white rice, noodles/veggies, and dipping sauces. If you don't know anything about Teppan Edo, everything is cooked right in front of you. The chef puts on a bit of a show, juggling and catching utensils and stuff. They also typically tell a lot of corny but funny jokes. For instance, when he was putting soy sauce on something he was cooking, he held it close to the grill and said "low sodium" and then brought it up a foot or so and said "high sodium." I took a bunch of pictures of him preparing the meal, so I will just let them speak for themselves:

4a85ca9a.jpg

c8083909.jpg

725f03c0.jpg

1fac5318.jpg

73b28d7c.jpg

623a559a.jpg

8914c00a.jpg

996e76ff.jpg

03b1d211.jpg

9a2084b6.jpg

1886ecd1.jpg

8642d586.jpg

6119c084.jpg

Noodles/vegetables:

06e97314.jpg

My husband's plate:

8fe95a7c.jpg

My plate:

e25537b8.jpg

Since dessert comes with our meal, I got the chocolate ginger cake, and my husband got some soft serve ice cream. They brought the cake out with a candle in it for our anniversary!

b9b3daf2.jpg

b7383f4b.jpg

My husband barely touched his ice cream, but I managed to finish about half of my cake. It was soooo good, but too rich to finish the whole thing.

After lunch, we decided to check out some of the World Showcase shops and do pick-a-pearl in Japan. Check out the next post for details.

After lunch at Teppan Edo, we headed downstairs to browse in the Japanese department store. We have made it a tradition to pick a pearl every time we come, so my husband offered to buy me a pearl and a setting. Once we picked the oyster we wanted, the lady told us to count down from three in Japanese, and then she would open it. Of course, we had no idea how to do this, so she taught us. I have no idea what the actual words are, but they sound something like "sun, knee, itchy." Once we counted down, she sliced the oyster open, found the pearl, cleaned and measured it, and beat on the drum they have there to end the "ceremony."

69bc3e87.jpg

0644246f.jpg

c39feaf5.jpg

0aa01e7d.jpg

424fa24f.jpg

We picked a little charm to set the pearl in and were told it would be ready in about an hour.

We looked through the rest of the department store but did not end up buying anything else. That is, unless you count my husband's purchase of a rice lager at the sake bar...I never even realized they had a little bar in the department store until today!

f68a0bfe.jpg

4d65f1f2.jpg

Since it wasn't time to pick up the pearl charm yet, we headed over to Morocco. Visually, Morocco is one of my favorites countries in the World Showcase. If I remember correctly, the Moroccan government had a hand in building it. It really shows because the area is truly stunning. We didn't buy anything, but I did take a few pictures. I love the Hidden Mickeys in the first picture.

6c863027.jpg

9c54517e.jpg

22ffbf25.jpg

After looking around Morocco, we picked up my finished charm at Japan:

4dc9135f.jpg

Up next:
More World Showcase!

What a fun day you're having! World Showcase is the best. My DH and I literally go there every day when we are in Disney. Pick a Peal looks like fun. I really like your little charm. Looking forward to next post. ::yes:: -Amanda

After picking up my charm, we walked over to the American Adventure to see when the next show would be starting.

9675448d.jpg

The show wasn't for another half hour. However, the Voices of Liberty were singing 15 minutes before the show, so we headed in to watch them. If you have never seem them sing before, you should really check them out--they were excellent!

c23b3171.jpg

As soon as the VoL finished singing, the theater opened for the showing of American Adventure. We do like the show, but we both had a little trouble staying focused because we were tired!

Once the show was over, we walked over to Italy and managed to catch a street performer doing a show:

a3e874c2.jpg

1ba379a0.jpg

97002096.jpg

13e3e263.jpg

e7621afb.jpg

When the street show was over, we checked out some of the shops. I was considering getting a Murano necklace, but figured I would wait until later in the week to decide.

Just as we were leaving Italy to head to Germany, it began to rain. We ducked into the German shops to avoid getting too wet. I thought it was cool that they have their own mouse ears:

d5b1f638.jpg

(I didn't buy them though!)

In one of the German stores, we decided to do a wine tasting. We purchased a three glass flight with Possmann Frankfurter Apfelwein, Madonna Liebfraumilch, and Gunderloch "Diva" Spätlese Riesling. Our favorite was the Madonna Liebfraumilch. (I don't typically even like wine much, and I thought it was good.)

56b21a5f.jpg

We also found and bought an ornament we liked at the Christmas shop: a blown glass Mickey head.

2d6f5d9c.jpg

02be7083.jpg

Before leaving Germany, we decided to spend a few snack credits on some sweets from the chocolate shop...not because we were hungry, but because they looked so darn good!

I got a chocolate and caramel covered pretzel stick:

e36471db.jpg

My husband got chocolate covered pineapple. I think it had a caramel drizzle on it:

983b8b5a.jpg

By the time we left Germany, it had mostly stopped raining. We skipped over China with plans to stop back later this week, and went to Norway to ride the Maelstrom. The wait was about 20 minutes or so, which is the longest I have seen it in a while, but it was still doable.

70bea2dc.jpg

After the Maelstrom, we went over to Mexico, where we got Photopass pictures with Donald in his Mexican outfit and rode the boat ride.

8bf67962.jpg

By then, we had about an hour left before dinner at Chefs de France, so we decided to take a Friendship boat back across the lagoon to see if we could get seated a little early. (The one from Mexico let off at Germany, so we still had to walk down to France from there. Even so, it was a nice little boat ride.)

3d0d9623.jpg

Well, it's getting late, and we have breakfast at the Crystal Palace first thing in the morning. I guess my Chefs de France dinner post will have to wait until the morning. Thanks to everyone who has been reading, and I am sorry that I am having to post most updates at night rather than throughout the day. I am hoping to get the kinks with the Photobucket phone application worked out soon, which is what is giving me trouble with totally live posting.

sillylily said:
le sigh, Epcot is my absolute favorite! Have a WONDERFUL day!

I personally go back and forth between Epcot and Magic Kingdom for my favorite. I can never decide which I like better. We did have a great day at Epcot, thanks!!!

bukosluvswdw said:
Thanks for the live reports, makes us all feel like we are there with you. We will be there in less than two weeks so you are adding to our excitement. Enjoy your trip and again thanks!

Have a great trip! Are you staying Pop too?

MissPrice said:
What a fun day you're having! World Showcase is the best. My DH and I literally go there every day when we are in Disney. Pick a Peal looks like fun. I really like your little charm. Looking forward to next post. ::yes:: -Amanda

Thanks! We end up spending a lot of nights at World Showcase, though not every night. We still have several dining reservations there.

I always enjoy picking a pearl. I saw someone got a silver pearl today. I have only ever gotten a regular white one, but they are always pretty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter