• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!

That is such a pretty picture of Epcot and I have to say that the WPE food looks amazing. I know I commented before, but I had to say it again. :rotfl:

Good luck with your menu planning. It sounds like an interesting event! Will you take pictures?

That was a nice picture, Bob took it. He likes to take the pictures which is good, but I didn't get many food pictures.

I will have to remind Bob to bring a camera. I can't take pics as I will be in historic dress.

Wed. Sept.7

The decsion was made to go to Ak since they had EMH that morning. After a breakfast in oour room of an Almond Pretzel we headed off to AK!
Disney2011011.jpg

We arrived around 8:00 & hit theground running. Our first destination was the Safari.
Disney2011008.jpg

Disney2011012.jpg

The girls really liked the safari. They like animals as do most kids.
Disney2011019.jpg

Our DIL, Anne was a commando tourer. She didn't know if the kids would ever get to come again, so she made sure that everything was going to be ridden!:banana: In short order we rode EE, Triceratops, Dinosaur, & the Rapids!:eek: We finished up at the Big Dig. The girls were troopers about riding. EE scared them a little, but Emily said that she didn't want to ride it again! I sat out EE because of my bones, which are not the best. I took the kids on all of the rides that went around in circles. Bob & Anne can't handle any of those. LOL
Disney2011026.jpg

Disney2011031.jpg

Emily
Disney2011030.jpg

Kelly
Disney2011033.jpg

It was now around 11:30 & everyone was hungry. It was decided that we would go to Beastly Bazaar to pick up some Picnicin the Park food. The Picnic consisted of a sandwich, chips, dessert & bottle of water. You got a nice green tote bag to carry it in. The bags are no longer labeled Picnic in the Park which was a bummer.

I had a ham sandwich, Bob had beef & the rest had chicken. I also had the carrot cake, Bob, the brownie, as did Anne. The girls had the krispie treat, which is enormous! We found a very nice eating area by the lake. We had it all to ourselves which was very nice.
Disney2011035.jpg

Disney2011037.jpg

After lucn we did a little shopping & of course we had to do some dancing!
Disney2011039.jpg

Disney2011040.jpg

Disney2011042.jpg

Now some shopping!
Disney2011043.jpg

Kelly loved her new ears!
It was time to leave the AK to go back to CBR for some much needed pool time!

The girls are too cute. I like that picnic in the park idea. We might have to give it a try someday.

Hi Doris!
Just had the chance to get caught up! Looks like a great AK day. You really did get a bunch done! What brave girls to ride EE!!!

We haven't ever done the picnic. Would you do it again?

Your granddaughters are adorable. I love the picture of them in their raincoats.

What a lovely area for picnic in the park. I have to say - I am not even sure where that is. It's lovely, though, and looks so relaxing and peaceful.

What a great morning in AK!

Hi Doris!
Just had the chance to get caught up! Looks like a great AK day. You really did get a bunch done! What brave girls to ride EE!!!

We haven't ever done the picnic. Would you do it again?

I would certainly do it again. It's just the right amount & the sandwiches are good. The tote bag is useful, also.:)

It's good if you don't want to wait to get served & want just a light lunch.

Your granddaughters are adorable. I love the picture of them in their raincoats.

What a lovely area for picnic in the park. I have to say - I am not even sure where that is. It's lovely, though, and looks so relaxing and peaceful.

What a great morning in AK!

We did have a great time there, but the girls & their mom didn't make it back to AK. Bob & I went back later.

I will update tomorrow, hopefully a nice long update.

This is by request from MEK! I had to attend an event this past weekend which kept me from posting in a timely manner. I had to do a hearth cooking demo for the public at the Crabill House. It was built in 1820 or so & is on a hill overlooking a lake in Springfield, Oh.
2011cooking016.jpg

This is me hard at work tending to my pie.
2011cooking040.jpg

Noodle soup, roast pork, yeast bread & apple pie were on the menu.
2011cooking035.jpg

I was making noodles & making a comment to my DH. It was lots of fun but very tiring! It can be amusing because of some o fthe questions that the public will ask! Let's just say they don't know much about the past!:lmao:
2011cooking043.jpg

This event went until 8:00 pm. After dark a wake was held in the parlor, one of our members portrayed the corpse. He did a good job, no way could I lie in a coffin & not move for a couple of hours!!:scared1:
2011cooking045.jpg

Now back to the 21st century!

After spending th emorning at the AK, we decided to visit the CBR's main pool.
Disney2011045.jpg

It was time for the 2:00 pool party which was held daily. The first thing that we did was to play Bingo. We were showered with Pixie Dust as Anne, me & Kelly all hit a bingo!
Disney2011046.jpg

Next the girls entered a dance contest. Kelly was one of the last three left standing.
Disney2011047.jpg

Disney2011048.jpg
Kelly in the life jacket.

We were having such a great time & the girls really love the water. There were several more games that were played. If you are planning a stay at CBR be sure to do at least one Pool Party. The CMs really know how to encourage everyone to play along.

The pool was not very crowded which made for lots of fun & not many obnoxious children running around! It was a shame that the girls didn't get back to pool again during their stay. Anne was an Uber Commando touring those parks!:rotfl2: She wanted to make sure that every ride was ridden. She dosen't know when or if they will be back. She sure would like me to buy into DVC since it can be passed on! :thumbsup2

We had to leave the pool area as we had 5:00 ADRs for Chef Mickey's.

I will have to post later in the week as we leave in the morning for the Smoky Mountains. Going to Gatlinburg & see some leaves, also chill out & of course shop at the outlets!!:cool1:

If anyone wants to see those photos, just ask & I will do a mini TR.

I would definitely LOVE to see those photos and read the mini trip report, Doris!

I loved to see the cooking demo you did! How much work went into those dishes! It's a shame we don't really remember how labour intensive those days were!

Guess what ....... we have stayed at CBR and NEVER knew about the pool party! :goodvibes Well, you never stop learning new things at WDW!

Enjoy your trip and travel safely! :hug:

I would definitely LOVE to see those photos and read the mini trip report, Doris!

I loved to see the cooking demo you did! How much work went into those dishes! It's a shame we don't really remember how labour intensive those days were!

Guess what ....... we have stayed at CBR and NEVER knew about the pool party! :goodvibes Well, you never stop learning new things at WDW!

Enjoy your trip and travel safely! :hug:

I guess I will have to write about our trip to the Smokies!

It was alot of work, but I really enjoy doing it. It takes planning so that know which pots to take & the utensils. Most of my cooking things are antiques.
The pool party may have been something done in Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter