• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!

Wicket is SO cute! Love the haircut.

Doris, I hope you continue to recover from your recent surgery and that you are almost entirely better now.

Ugh - We suffered from the same storm as you. It was a doozie! A lot of people here lost their power for days. Fortunately mine was only out 9 hours and the only inconvenience was that I had to drive 20 minutes for a cup of coffee.

I am sure you are getting super excited for your September trip. I hope you will share more details.

Wicket is SO cute! Love the haircut.

Doris, I hope you continue to recover from your recent surgery and that you are almost entirely better now.

Ugh - We suffered from the same storm as you. It was a doozie! A lot of people here lost their power for days. Fortunately mine was only out 9 hours and the only inconvenience was that I had to drive 20 minutes for a cup of coffee.

I am sure you are getting super excited for your September trip. I hope you will share more details.

Wicket does feel better with his haircut. Is a little more active!

I'm feeling back to normal, thank goodness.

Our power was out for 3 days, which also meant we had no water. Since we are on a well need electric to run the pump. I had to drive 15 miles to take a shower!;) It wasn't very funny at the time! We did lose some of our frozen food, Bob couldn't fit all of it into our son's freezer.

I'm getting excited about our new trip. I have been thinking about I want to do this trip. We will be eating at WPE for our first night's dinner.

We are going to Fulton's this trip & Boma, Ohana, & Rainforest Cafe at AK. These are new to us except for Rainforest Cafe, but we haven't been there since 2002. We did score free dining which is great for us!

I do know that I want one of those new retro print Dooney Bags. That may be my souvie this year!

When I get my new gowns done for our big historical event this Labor Day I will be trying my hand at making us tie dyed Mickey shirts. On top of that I got a spinning wheel Saturday. Why oh why do I get so many things to do on my plate?!:crazy2:

I will try to share some plans here rather than doing a seperate PTR

Wicket does feel better with his haircut. Is a little more active!

I'm feeling back to normal, thank goodness.

Our power was out for 3 days, which also meant we had no water. Since we are on a well need electric to run the pump. I had to drive 15 miles to take a shower!;) It wasn't very funny at the time! We did lose some of our frozen food, Bob couldn't fit all of it into our son's freezer.

I'm getting excited about our new trip. I have been thinking about I want to do this trip. We will be eating at WPE for our first night's dinner.

We are going to Fulton's this trip & Boma, Ohana, & Rainforest Cafe at AK. These are new to us except for Rainforest Cafe, but we haven't been there since 2002. We did score free dining which is great for us!

I do know that I want one of those new retro print Dooney Bags. That may be my souvie this year!

When I get my new gowns done for our big historical event this Labor Day I will be trying my hand at making us tie dyed Mickey shirts. On top of that I got a spinning wheel Saturday. Why oh why do I get so many things to do on my plate?!:crazy2:

I will try to share some plans here rather than doing a seperate PTR

Doris, best news is, that you are feeling better! :goodvibes

You never know how much you depend on electicity until there is none. Sorry about your frozen food.

As for your trip - I am all for a pre-trip report here! I love all your food choices and :woohoo: for scoring Free Dining.
And I especially love your choice of WPE! :lmao:

As for the Retro Dooneys ...... I think one or two of them might come home with me as well. :rotfl2:

I love your plans...A lot of the same ideas I have! :thumbsup2
We have to have power here to to run water. I remember the first time I heard that city water didn't need power I thought people were pulling my leg.

We are trying all new places to dine except for WPE. Bob really liked WPE & requested dinner there!

I knew about living on well water from way back so am used to it. I can get along without electric, but the no water thing is really bad!:sad2:

Not sure how our first day will go. We were to arrive at MCO around noon, but now our flight gets in at 9:30. Yay for the earlier arrival, but it does mess with my meal planning! We are using our Monday dinner crredit for the 2 we need for Fulton's, so WPE was a great choice for dinner as it uses a CS credit. Now I have to come up with a lunch idea. I think we will eat at House of Blues because I do have a Restaurant.com coupon. The only fly in the ointment is two meals in DTD in one day. That sort of limits us to a closer park to DTD. Maybe HD would be good, does boat from there go to DTD?

Wicket's Mom, I like your restaurant choices. We are eating at WPE for lunch after we arrive at POR in the am. our first day. We are trying Olivia's for the first time with Karin and Tom. Our second day we will be eating at Via Napoli, my DH loved this restaurant when we tried it last year. Our choice for our last night is Ohana, I love their giant grilled shrimp! We got the free dining too. We love Boma and Cape May Cafe too but not going to be staying enough days, will have to get back to those on a future visit.

The boat from DHS goes to EPCOT and it's resorts, unfortunately not to DTD. If that is what you were asking. We are excited that we will be able to take the boat to DTD from our resort this trip.

That's too bad about the boat! We love taking the boat from HD to the BW, however the last time we did that we took the boat to BW then went to YC to catcha bus to DTD. It took forever for any bus to show up!

Our first day will most likely be a lazy day at the resort with a small stop at whatever park thrills us at that time.:confused3

I know vacation is getting closer. Went to my mailbox yesterday & found mail from WDW Travel! My ME documents & new luggage tags are here!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter