1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Wicket's Mom, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

Hello, I'd like to introduce myself & the rest of the crew. First is me, Doris AKA Wicket's Mom, then my Disney resistor DH, Bob. Next is my DIL Anne & our GDs Emily 8 & Kelly 5. This was the girls first visit to WDW. The dates of our trip were Sept.6 thru Sept.12 with our DIL & GDs going home Sept.10.
    [​IMG]

I had been planning to take my GDs on their first trip to WDW since our last trip in 2009. I wanted to share my love of Disney with them & see the look on their faces when they took it all in.

The week previous to our departure were extremely busy to say the least. My DH & I are involved in historical activities, including a huge event known as The Fair at New Boston. I have a large level of responsibility, so we must attend all weekend. I was really bogged down with responsibilites.
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. stitches of laughter

stitches of laughter Mouseketeer

yay! I love historical events! I love PA! and I love going to Springfield, Il.

4. Mombits

Mombits Mouseketeer

Great! Can't wait to read all about your trip.

5. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

:cool1: Woo Hoo! You Started!!!! I can only imagine how much fun your granddaughters had during this trip. And what a nice long trip you had! Can't wait to read all about it!

6. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

I had finally stopped stalling & got started. Thanks for the link help, I really needed it! I just got started with the IPhone, so am quite teched out in my brain for now!:eek:

Glad to have you on my first page of my first TR!:banana:

7. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

Labor Day was spent putting away our camp clothing & tent. I also had to finish with the packing for our trip & do the last minute details that have to be done before traveling. Our flight was leaving at 6:50AM on Tuesday .

Here is a photo of one of my usual outfits for the Fair. I have quite a few gowns, etc. for the historical interpretations that I do.

[​IMG]

Getting on that plane Tuesday morning was the begining of a wonderful saga "that was the best of times, the worst of times & a far better trip than I have ever done", to paraphrase Charles Dickens!

8. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

I made it to page 1!!!!!!!! I would not miss this trip report for the world!!!!!!!:thumbsup2 :hug:

9. kid-at-heart

kid-at-heart DIS Veteran

:banana: I'm here! Page 1 even. :woohoo:

10. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

I'm here too, Mother of Wicket! Can't wait for all the details!
    :yay:

11. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

woohoo! :cool1:

12. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

Welcome, so glad that you're here!

We certainly had a great time in WDW. Of course there was a little drama, thus the worst of times! :rolleyes1

13. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

Cool, glad that you are joining in!

14. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

There were some good details!;)

I will have to put a picture of Wicket up sometime!

15. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

Good to see you! Now to figure the multi quote thingie.

16. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

I love this costume! It's great (but it looks really hot!):laughing:

17. SoonerGirl

SoonerGirl DIS Veteran

Hey Doris, thanks for the heads up! I'm glad you decided to write a TR, looking forward to hearing all about it :thumbsup2

18. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

Well since it is silk it is lightweight, but the stays & bum roll make it hot! :rotfl:

19. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

Our DIL & the GDs were flying into MCO from Tulsa. Their flight didn't get in until around noon. We were to meet up at Teppan Edo for our 5:00 ADR.

We landed at MCO at 9:30AM. Off we went to find our way to the ME waiting area. After a short wait our ME bus arrived to transport us to the Caribbean Beach Resort, our home for the coming week. There was around 10 passengers on our ME. That was a good sign as to how the crowds would be!:cool1:

I had checked in online & was pleasently suprised to learn that our room was ready! There was a little glitch however. They had put my party in adjoining rooms, uhoh, I specifically told the reservationist not to do that. I wanted to be close, not that close. No problem, we were put across the patio from DIL & GDs. We were in Barbados 1628, first floor!

We had a time crunch as we had to be in DTD at 11:30. We were in a rush, so we wanted to drop things in the room & leave. Our KTTW didn't work, back to the check in to get it fixed. We got a new key, which didn't work either!

20. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

Contiued from above!

An engineer from Mousekeeping was sent to the room & decided that we needed a lock repair. We were sent on our way with assurances that th elock would work on our return.

So the two of us headed to DTD for a very special lunch! There was to be our very first Dismeet :rolleyes1

This was the begining of our many firsts on this trip!:banana:

21. wigdoutdismom

wigdoutdismom DIS Veteran

Hi Doris! Can't wait to read along!
    Who did you meet up with? Don't leave us hanging too long!!!