It was the best of times, it was the worst of times!

Yes, it's a very nice evening and the food was really pretty good for a buffet. Have you decided to paint your own shoes? Have you decided how you're going to decorate your MB yet? I wish I'd known about that before our trip.

I did the shoes today!!!!!!! I just posted an update about it! I still haven't decided on the MB's yet... lol. I am too indecisive on those. My friend gets hers soon bc she's going in May and she's going to try to do one with temp tattoos and paint one with nail polish and I want to see how it works for her before I decide.

Sorry you're not finding any peace and quiet! But you're just too sweet for being there for your family. I know they must appreciate it sooo much. Soon you'll get that rest, I'm sure! :goodvibes

:offtopic:Okay, this isn't about our trip, but I am so bummed!!! I pre-ordered Frozen and it arrived at my house right on the 18th. Too bad I wasn't there to open it! So, I've been trying to rent it from Redbox and I scored it on Thursday. :cool1: Jennifer and her family always have movie night on Friday, so we saved it for tonight. The kids loved it! I loved seeing it for the third time! Jennifer hated it.:scared1: Not just didn't care for it, but hated it.:faint: Where oh where did I go wrong with her????:confused3 She doesn't care for Disney anything all that much, but I thought she would love Frozen. She laughed quite a bit throughout the movie, so I was surprised she didn't like it. Ok, tantrum over.:upsidedow

Bummer on not being home for that!! But glad you got to rent it!! Stinks Jennifer didn't like it. I think it has a soft spot in my heart for two reasons,

#1 its all about the sister love
#2 Anna doesnt end up with a prince, but a hard working man!

But I could see how its not everyones cup of tea, I guess. Honestly, I think even the Disney people were surprised it was SO popular! They underestimate the power of original songs in their movies these days!

Really?!? How can anyone not like Frozen? For me the music just made the movie incredible! I will say that the trolls were a little odd and to me just didn't really fit in the movie, but I could overlook that for the amazing songs! It seems like there was another part when we watched it last night that made a part of it drag, but now I can't remember what part it was. Lol. Also, I kinda wish Hans hadn't turned out to be such a bad guy. I mean, he was so dreamy in the beginning. And he really seemed to care. And then for him to do a complete 180... Sad. I'm not ready to prepare my kids for that kind of deceitfulness yet. Do you think there will be a sequel and what will that storyline be? Will Anna and Kristoff get married or will they focus more on Elsa since she seems to be the one the little girls are loving. Ahhhh. Who knows? But I loved the movie!!! In fact, that movie is what kick started me into my Disney fanaticism.

I agree completely!! :thumbsup2

And I do think they'll do a sequel because the people want one already and it made sooo much money and is so popular. If they're doing Cars 3 and Incredibles 2, Frozen sequel should def be in the future!!

I did go out and buy it - the plan is to watch it tonight after dinner. :) Super excited!

D~

Can't wait to hear how you like it!! You need to study it! I anticipate some people wanting Frozen bags now!! ;)

Joining the fun. Where in VA are you? You must have visited the Green Valley Book Fair. Was it fun? I loved to go when I went to grad school at Eastern Mennonite then worked in Waynesboro. It was great!

Oh no.. No Frozen love...

Glad everyone else LOVED it!!! I agree with Terri. It has one of the better messages. :hug:

hope everyone is doing better today?!?

Looks like Charlotte had a great Epcot day and birthday dinner! We enjoyed 1900 Park Fare when we went a couple of years ago.

Frozen is now my favorite Disney movie! Which is good, because when asked in the past I was always wishy-washy as to which movie was my very favorite. Frozen now holds the title. We pre-ordered from Disney too and it was delivered while we were at Disney so we didn't get a chance to watch it at home (we saw it twice in the theater) until Saturday. So far, we've watched it all the way through twice and Charlotte has watched part of it two more times. I told my husband we need to buy another copy since it looks like we'll be wearing this one out :rotfl: For some reason, I find this movie to have captured my imagination a little bit more than typical. I wonder how things would have changed for the characters if slightly different decisions were made. Way too Disney obsessed, but for some reason this movie has struck a chord. Maybe because I am an only child raising sisters?

I hope Jennifer is feeling better every day. I think of you both often and send up lots of prayers for you. You are such a blessing to your daughter and her family right now! Keep up the good work!

I did go out and buy it - the plan is to watch it tonight after dinner. :) Super excited!

D~

I saw your response to the movie on your thread. Sorry you didn't especially enjoy it. Saving Mr. Banks is coming out, I know you liked that one!

Charlie and I loved Frozen. Watched it last night and I plan on watching it again today.

Glad to hear Jennifer gets her cast off tomorrow and I'm praying all is well.

Tess

I think it's definitely a movie a guy can like as well. Dan likes it too. He took our copy over to our neighbor's and they watched it together and he left it with them and Sandy (our neighbor) had watched it 3 more times! She loves it!

I did the shoes today!!!!!!! I just posted an update about it! I still haven't decided on the MB's yet... lol. I am too indecisive on those. My friend gets hers soon bc she's going in May and she's going to try to do one with temp tattoos and paint one with nail polish and I want to see how it works for her before I decide.

I'll head over to your ptr as soon as I can. It will have to be after lunch and getting the kids down for naps. Can't wait to see them!:yay:

Sorry you're not finding any peace and quiet! But you're just too sweet for being there for your family. I know they must appreciate it sooo much. Soon you'll get that rest, I'm sure! :goodvibes

Aww, thanks! I love being here most of the time, but sometimes I'm so tired the noise kinda gets to me. And I REALLY miss Dan!!

Bummer on not being home for that!! But glad you got to rent it!! Stinks Jennifer didn't like it. I think it has a soft spot in my heart for two reasons,

#1 its all about the sister love
#2 Anna doesnt end up with a prince, but a hard working man!

But I could see how its not everyones cup of tea, I guess. Honestly, I think even the Disney people were surprised it was SO popular! They underestimate the power of original songs in their movies these days!

And I do think they'll do a sequel because the people want one already and it made sooo much money and is so popular. If they're doing Cars 3 and Incredibles 2, Frozen sequel should def be in the future!!

Yes,! I really like her ending up with the working guy! I was kinda hoping Hans would end up with Elsa until he turned all ugly. The music is amazing. I would love a sequel!

I'll have to come back to reply to the rest of the quotes. Duty calls!

Joining the fun. Where in VA are you? You must have visited the Green Valley Book Fair. Was it fun? I loved to go when I went to grad school at Eastern Mennonite then worked in Waynesboro. It was great!

Welcome!! My daughter's family lives in Aldie, which is near Chantilly, Leesburg Ashburn area. Yes! It was the Green Valley Book Fair. It was a lot of fun. She got stuff for the kids Easter baskets and I got stuff for the kids just for fun. It was the first day, so it was crowded, but we managed just fine. We saw the sign for Eastern Mennonite on the way! Small world. :goodvibes

Oh no.. No Frozen love...

Glad everyone else LOVED it!!! I agree with Terri. It has one of the better messages. :hug:

hope everyone is doing better today?!?

Today is a good day! I'll have an update about Jennifer below. Thanks for always asking.:hug:

Looks like Charlotte had a great Epcot day and birthday dinner! We enjoyed 1900 Park Fare when we went a couple of years ago.

Yes, it is a fun place to be for sure. I'm so glad we got a chance to experience it. And Welcome Back!!! Can't wait for you to start your TR! I'll keep checking your ptr.:flower3:

Frozen is now my favorite Disney movie! Which is good, because when asked in the past I was always wishy-washy as to which movie was my very favorite. Frozen now holds the title. We pre-ordered from Disney too and it was delivered while we were at Disney so we didn't get a chance to watch it at home (we saw it twice in the theater) until Saturday. So far, we've watched it all the way through twice and Charlotte has watched part of it two more times. I told my husband we need to buy another copy since it looks like we'll be wearing this one out :rotfl: For some reason, I find this movie to have captured my imagination a little bit more than typical. I wonder how things would have changed for the characters if slightly different decisions were made. Way too Disney obsessed, but for some reason this movie has struck a chord. Maybe because I am an only child raising sisters?

It will remain a favorite of mine for quite some time I think. I just love it. So glad your family loves it too. It sure has captured the imaginations of the little ones.

I hope Jennifer is feeling better every day. I think of you both often and send up lots of prayers for you. You are such a blessing to your daughter and her family right now! Keep up the good work!

Thanks again for all your prayers. Update is below.

Jennifer just got back from the doctor. Her cast was removed and it looked better than the doctor thought it would. However, now she can't bend it or straighten it. I guess that was expected. Tomorrow she will go in to have another cast put on instead of the brace. She will still have to have it done in surgery under anesthetic. He expects this one to be on for only a week. And he thinks this will do the trick an she won't need the brace. Of course she still has to have the major surgery to correct everything, but has to wait the full two years to see if the tumor comes back. She is very happy that in another week, she could be cast free until her major surgery.

I had planned to go home this coming Friday, but will reassess her needs and make a final decision after talking with Dan tonight. Thank you all who have been keeping us in your prayers and asking about her. You guys are the best!!!:group hug:

ETA: Hope to have day four up tomorrow if all goes well. Thanks for hanging in there with me!

I was just stopping by to see how Jennifer was doing today. Sorry I didn't get a chance to stop by this morning, but she has been on my mind all day.

I was very happy to see your update, and so happy to hear that she may be out of the cast in a week! I am sure she is thrilled! Now, let's pray that this tumor is gone for good!

Please keep us updated as you can. :)

D~

Welcome!! My daughter's family lives in Aldie, which is near Chantilly, Leesburg Ashburn area. Yes! It was the Green Valley Book Fair. It was a lot of fun. She got stuff for the kids Easter baskets and I got stuff for the kids just for fun. It was the first day, so it was crowded, but we managed just fine. We saw the sign for Eastern Mennonite on the way! Small world. :goodvibes Today is a good day! I'll have an update about Jennifer below. Thanks for always asking.:hug: Yes, it is a fun place to be for sure. I'm so glad we got a chance to experience it. And Welcome Back!!! Can't wait for you to start your TR! I'll keep checking your ptr.:flower3: It will remain a favorite of mine for quite some time I think. I just love it. So glad your family loves it too. It sure has captured the imaginations of the little ones. Thanks again for all your prayers. Update is below. ******************************************************************* Jennifer just got back from the doctor. Her cast was removed and it looked better than the doctor thought it would. However, now she can't bend it or straighten it. I guess that was expected. Tomorrow she will go in to have another cast put on instead of the brace. She will still have to have it done in surgery under anesthetic. He expects this one to be on for only a week. And he thinks this will do the trick an she won't need the brace. Of course she still has to have the major surgery to correct everything, but has to wait the full two years to see if the tumor comes back. She is very happy that in another week, she could be cast free until her major surgery. I had planned to go home this coming Friday, but will reassess her needs and make a final decision after talking with Dan tonight. Thank you all who have been keeping us in your prayers and asking about her. You guys are the best!!!:group hug: ETA: Hope to have day four up tomorrow if all goes well. Thanks for hanging in there with me!
Thank you all for your continued prayers .. they are felt, for sure. Looking forward to seeing my princess again, but know you are where you need to be for now. Love & Mickey ears ... <3 , 8C 8C .... PC

I am so happy to hear some good news for Jennifer! I hope she continues to exceed the doctors' expectations and is able to be chasing her kids around as soon as possible. It makes me stop and think about all of the things I am able to do for/with my girls that I take for granted and she is missing out on right now. I will continue to pray for her and her family and for the blessing you have been able to be for them during this difficult time, Lois, and for Dan who is surely missing you at home but sharing you so generously and allowing you to be where you need to be. I am sincerely touched by what your family is experiencing right now and what you have sacrificied to be there for your little girl.

It may be the weekend before I am able to start my trip report. Lots of catch up work to do before the end of the month and so many meetings on my calendar this week! I still need to get the majority of the pictures from my cameras to my computer and then deal with Photobucket. :scared1:

Thank you all for your continued prayers .. they are felt, for sure. Looking forward to seeing my princess again, but know you are where you need to be for now. Love & Mickey ears ... <3 , 8C 8C .... PC

Aaaawww. :lovestruc In a good way. I'm sure Lois feels the same way about her prince.

(I comment here because I hear echos of my "prince". Although I'm not really princess material, so there would be much sarcasm.:lmao:)

Things are looking up!!! That's fantastic!!! always in my thoughts and prayers!!!
Hope you get back to your castle and your prince or King on friday!!!

Yesterday was a long day for me, but fun. Jennifer and Bob left for the hospital at 8:30 am. They were really late getting her in the OR, so they didn't get home until 7:30 PM!! But the kids and I had lots of fun and I allowed Selah to watch Tangled with us BEFORE she did her homework. That's something her mama never allows, but that's what Grandmas do. Ya know? I had supper made in the crock pot, so that was easy.

As far as Jen is concerned, the cast is a lot straighter than her last one. She is standing completely straight for the first time since before August. Her leg is still crooked sideways, but that won't improve until she has her major surgery in about 2 years. Her doctor, who is pretty famous around this area went to a conference and brought Jen's case up with a few colleagues and found there was a doctor who specialized in this sort of thing to the nth degree in Baltimore. This dr is anxious to see Jen, so when the time comes for that final surgery, that's who Jen will probably go to.

I wanted to share a few photos of my grandkids since I don't seem able to find the time to finish my actual trip report.

This is Amelia, 7 months

This is my little Mo, age 2

And here are Miles, age 4, Selah, age 6 (will be 7 in May), and Moriah again

Glad things went ok today! I'll keep her healing in my prayers. How great to find out about a Dr who works on cases like hers! I'm sure she'll be in good hands when the time comes!

Your grandbabies are adorable! You're a lucky grandma for sure!

That's FANTASTIC NEWS on the doc!!!! :cool1: :cheer2:

I didn't realize Jennifer had 4 kids! no wonder you are tired!!!

Grandma's are the best kind of people.. :grouphug:

TANGLED IS AWESOME!!! I am still going to marry Flynn Ryder.. or Eugene. which ever..

The grandkids are adorable! Thanks for sharing pictures.

It's great that there is a doctor who specializes in Jennifer's type of case. That will be great when the time comes for her surgery.

I was just stopping by to see how Jennifer was doing today. Sorry I didn't get a chance to stop by this morning, but she has been on my mind all day.

I was very happy to see your update, and so happy to hear that she may be out of the cast in a week! I am sure she is thrilled! Now, let's pray that this tumor is gone for good!

Please keep us updated as you can. :)

D~

Good to see you D~. I know you're working like crazy to get caught up in the sewing room, so thanks for taking the time to stop by. :hug:

I am so happy to hear some good news for Jennifer! I hope she continues to exceed the doctors' expectations and is able to be chasing her kids around as soon as possible. It makes me stop and think about all of the things I am able to do for/with my girls that I take for granted and she is missing out on right now. I will continue to pray for her and her family and for the blessing you have been able to be for them during this difficult time, Lois, and for Dan who is surely missing you at home but sharing you so generously and allowing you to be where you need to be. I am sincerely touched by what your family is experiencing right now and what you have sacrificied to be there for your little girl.

It may be the weekend before I am able to start my trip report. Lots of catch up work to do before the end of the month and so many meetings on my calendar this week! I still need to get the majority of the pictures from my cameras to my computer and then deal with Photobucket. :scared1:

You say the sweetest things. You really do encourage me, and I thank you sincerely. I've said it before and it bears repeating, DIS friends are the best!:hug:

I know how it is to be too busy for your trip report. So, just get what you need to done and get to it when you can. We'll be here to join in whenever you're ready.:goodvibes

Aaaawww. :lovestruc In a good way. I'm sure Lois feels the same way about her prince.

(I comment here because I hear echos of my "prince". Although I'm not really princess material, so there would be much sarcasm.:lmao:)

:rotfl: Not true, Ruth. We are ALL princess material. (Some days more than others of course…:rolleyes1)

Things are looking up!!! That's fantastic!!! always in my thoughts and prayers!!!
Hope you get back to your castle and your prince or King on friday!!!

Nope. Didn't happen. I'll be here another week. Right now I'm sitting in my bedroom and missing home/Dan so much. But, it was my choice to stay until the cast comes off. I knew she still needed me, so how can you turn your back on that? I know you would do the same thing for your babies.::yes::

Glad things went ok today! I'll keep her healing in my prayers. How great to find out about a Dr who works on cases like hers! I'm sure she'll be in good hands when the time comes!

Your grandbabies are adorable! You're a lucky grandma for sure!

Thans for the prayers!

Awww, thanks! I think they are. Yes, I am very blessed indeed.

That's FANTASTIC NEWS on the doc!!!! :cool1: :cheer2:

I didn't realize Jennifer had 4 kids! no wonder you are tired!!!

Grandma's are the best kind of people.. :grouphug:

TANGLED IS AWESOME!!! I am still going to marry Flynn Ryder.. or Eugene. which ever..

Yep, just the four!:rotfl: At times I'd swear there were more! She would have pets, too, but her DH put his foot down until they are older and can help care for them. HaHa! We ALL know how that works out, right??:rotfl:

Maybe we could work out a share program for Flynn!;)

The grandkids are adorable! Thanks for sharing pictures.

It's great that there is a doctor who specializes in Jennifer's type of case. That will be great when the time comes for her surgery.

Thanks! Yes, the prospect of the new doctor is exciting. Of course, Baltimore is quite a hike, so there will be some logistic problems to be worked out. But it's at least 18 months away, so there's time.

I hope things have slowed down for you a bit. Have a great weekend!:thumbsup2

Okay, finally, finally day 4. I apologize ahead of time for the lack of photos. But there’s a really good reason this time. The day dawned gray and chilly with no sun to warm anything up. Charlotte slept late again. Dan and I were ready and waiting for her, but I was okay with waiting because I was feeling a bit “off”. I didn’t want anything for breakfast, but decided to eat a Cliff bar anyway because I didn’t want to run out of steam an hour into our day. That may not have been my best idea ever.:sad2:

Once Charlotte got up, she decided to wear the other outfit I made (that she was supposed to wear the day before, but I forgot). Again, I will post pics of the construction process since it shows up better there.

This was on a store bought t-shirt:

And the skirt:

This is a better shot of all the designs on the skirt. All the designs are from Heather Sue.

Okay, so where are we headed you might ask? It’s Charlotte’s final day as they are flying out fairly early the next day (10AM) so no time for a park. Last day has got to be Magic Kingdom, right? Right! After a pretty brief wait for the bus, we were on our way. We got Charlotte’s prefered seating on the bus just opposite the Frozen poster. Already a good day.:thumbsup2

We met up with Emily, Josh and Caroline outside Starbucks. I had to run to the bathroom, so headed to the one between Casey’s and CP while they got their magic elixer at Starbucks. (I don’t drink coffee unless it’s fou foued up and doesn’t really taste like coffee. I call it sissy coffee.) Anyway, I wasn’t feeling real well, but we headed for Enchanted Tales with Belle since that was our first fastpass of the day. Half way there, I had Dan get me some ice water and I chose to sit down at a table at Tommorowland Terrace while they went on to Fantasyland. Dan didn’t want to leave me, but I wanted one of us to be with Charlotte on her last day, and I was sure I would be joining them shortly.

However, after about 15 minutes there, I was so cold and miserable, I texted Dan that I was going back to the room. After another run to the bathroom, I headed for the buses. Fortunately, I made it back to our room before needing the bathroom again. Believe me when I say I’m sure I’ve been more miserable, but I can’t remember when that was.:sick: I stayed in bed except to run to the bathroom. Dan checked on me regularly via text. I was dying for some ginger ale and some ice, but I didn’t want Dan to cut his time short. I was in no shape to go for ice myself, unfortunately.:crazy2:

I can’t tell you what all they did at MK. I know Dan told me, but I was pretty out of it. Maybe you can fill in the blanks, Sweetie, when you read this part? Eventually, he got back to the room and ran for some ice for me. Turns out the ice machine on our floor was broken, so he had to go down a flight to get it. And there is no ginger ale to be had in all of Disney. Sad but true. I did drink a ton of ice water, though.

I could go on and on about this, but you get the picture. I do wish I could apologize to the people who were below and beside us as I was flushing the toilet every 15 minutes or so (no exaggeration) all night long. Dan left me to take Charlotte’s suitcase over to their hotel since they would be leaving the next day and we wouldn’t be seeing them, Charlotte was spending her last night with her Mom and Dad. He ended up staying there and babysitting so Josh and Emily could go out for dinner. Originally we were going to watch the girls so they could go to a park and enjoy an entire evening out together since he was leaving orlando to go back to Kuait the next day. I was glad he was able to do that for them.

So, I might as well do day 5, since it is much the same as day four. Except Dan wouldn’t leave me at all. When I was awake, I tried to get him to go and at least walk around or go to DTD or something to get him away. I wasn’t eating anything and had gone through a bottle of Milk of Magnesia and an entire bottle of Imodeum AD! We sent the Mousekeeper away and I stayed connected to the bathroom. I was pathetic. :faint:

Fortunately, I had the forethought on Saturday to cancel our Sunday ADR which pained me so much because it was for…wait for it...

...BOG!!!

I had managed to snag a ressie there about a month before our trip and was so excited! Of course we’ve eaten there twice before, but it is just so special to us. In the late afternoon, I felt like getting out and into fresh air, so we (very slowly) walked some of the beautiful grounds at French Quarter. I had to sit on a bench now and again since I was pretty weak, but I was dressed and out of the room, so that was a step up! And the weather had improved quite a bit over the previous 4 days. Bonus!:beach:

A bit of pixie dust came our way when I was trying to think of something I could eat and thought of applesauce. Dan went to get me some, but there wasn’t any in the coolers or anywhere in sight. When the CM behind one of the counters found out what was going on, she grabbed a couple of containers and gave them to him at no charge. That was so sweet. And later when I felt like venturing into the food court, she recognized Dan and told me she was glad I was better.:goodvibes

A really good thing is that the Olympics were going on, so Dan had something to watch that was interesting to him. I watched as I could and it helped to pass the time. :hourglass

Next up: Day six. Will I be able to venture out again? Will I relapse? Will I ever eat again?

Oh I'm so sorry that you got sick while on vacation! And on the last day with the grandkids! How disappointing! The good thing about stomach bugs is fortunately they don't seem to last very long. Hopefully... Right? I'm anxious to hear about the rest of vacation. I hope it was a quick recovery!

Sorry to hear about your illness at Disney, that was sweet Of Dan to stay band keep you company. It was nice of the CM to get you the applesauce.

Sprite or 7up really helps me if I have a stomach bug so if anyone else is at Disney and needs ginger ale but can't get any try Sprite. It is a Coke product. I find that I prefer it at room temperature when I am nauseous instead of cold.

The Cinderella skirt is just beautiful! Your handiwork is fantastic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter