Is this realistic?

Good job on getting your workouts in! And the weight loss :-)

It's been a long week, and I haven't gotten in much in the way of workouts but I did get a couple of good runs in and today I made it to a circus conditioning class as my last big workout before the marathon. 6 days....

Thanks! You haven't been doing circus regularly anymore between your shoulder and work schedule, have you? Either way that is awesome. Do you get nervous before big races? Running a marathon would terrify me I think.

Yes, he gave me stretches and I have been doing them. And they hurt, which just shows how tight I am. So far I am pain free during and after my runs. Well, I still feel it a little when I sit for a while and get back up but overall I am good.

Today was supposed to be my marathon. I'm a little bummed, even though I know I did the right thing. I'm just kicking myself for not going to the doctor sooner. I might have been able to fix it and get in shape to do my race. Oh well. Lesson learned I guess. Instead I did 4 miles on the treadmill but it was in the high 20's and low 30's today. We had snow flurries today. :headache::headache:

Yay for being pain free during your runs. That is a huge improvement. And that does stink about missing the marathon but at least you are on the path to being healthy again. And I hear you on the snow. I woke up to a dusting and it snowed off and on throughout the day. I'm so not ready for this weather. I keep hearing that it is supposed to be a much more mild winter and I hope they are right!

I'm just kind of hanging out. I went to bootcamp Friday morning and since I was the only one to show up I got a little one on one time with the trainer. I've been super sore after my leg workouts to the point where it effects me for 2-3 days after. He told me to try some glutamine powder to help with the soreness. It should come in tomorrow so I will have it in time for legs on Wednesday. :) Then he asked about my water intake. It's not good. About 24 oz a day if I'm lucky. So he told me to increase to 64 oz daily. The first day or so was rough. I spent way too much time in the bathroom. But it has gotten better. Today I weighed myself and since I started drinking more water (3 days) I'm down 2.4 lbs. So I guess I need to keep doing that. lol

I haven't been feeling the greatest lately. Just kind of a low lying creeping crud that is making me tired but not enough to stop me from doing anything. So I'm continuing to work out until it either gets worse or just goes away. Either way I'm over it since it has been a week.

Have a great day!

I don't know what the stuff is that he suggested but if it doesn't work you can try Endurox R4 recovery drink. I get fruit punch. It is delicious and it made a huge difference for me when I was doing P90X. But yes, drinking water will make a big difference as well.

I have also been feeling crappy. Just the beginnings of a cold that hasn't gotten worse but it is just there. Headache and at bit stuffy. Not bad enough to prevent anything like workouts or missing work but still present nonetheless. Its that time of year. All we can do is fight through it and keep pushing.

Tomorrow it is supposed to be back up to normal temps. After work I am planning about 5 miles.

Yes, he gave me stretches and I have been doing them. And they hurt, which just shows how tight I am. So far I am pain free during and after my runs. Well, I still feel it a little when I sit for a while and get back up but overall I am good.
That's awesome! I'm so glad to hear, and I think you'll enjoy the Disney race so much more than you would had you run this one and the other with the foot pain.

Thanks! You haven't been doing circus regularly anymore between your shoulder and work schedule, have you? Either way that is awesome. Do you get nervous before big races? Running a marathon would terrify me I think.
No, I haven't been doing much beyond eating, sleeping, working, and running. I think I've figured out a way to get in one or two workouts a week once the marathon season is over. I'm not really counting it as over until after Avengers weekend since I'm doing all three races. The 5k won't really count since I suspect we'll be walking most of it, but I've got a friend (the same one I ran with last year, except she'll be a full year past the end of chemo instead of a month past it!) and she runs about the same pace as me. The funny thing is, I ran the Navy Air Force Half with her husband and sister-in-law, and her husband is back in DC (from San Diego) this week for the Marine Corps Marathon. Then I fly to CA for Avengers, and two weeks later they fly out to DC and we will all run a 5 mile Turkey Trot together, along with the guy who was our boss on a ship more than a decade ago. We're all a little crazy!

Then he asked about my water intake. It's not good. About 24 oz a day if I'm lucky. So he told me to increase to 64 oz daily. The first day or so was rough. I spent way too much time in the bathroom. But it has gotten better. Today I weighed myself and since I started drinking more water (3 days) I'm down 2.4 lbs. So I guess I need to keep doing that.
I'm skeptical of the whole "drink x amount of water" thing. I drink so that I'm hydrated, which I judge by thirst and pee color (yeah I know...ick, but a good simple guide). Some days I need a lot of water, others less so. Being well-hydrated does make a difference though, so increasing water intake is probably good - I just wouldn't kill myself to get to 64(!) ounces.

Had a miserable 4 mile run this morning, I must not have eaten well last night because I got nauseated halfway through and had to walk nearly a mile until my stomach eased up. Hopefully that is NOT going to happen again during my last run this week (Thursday) or on Sunday!

That's awesome! I'm so glad to hear, and I think you'll enjoy the Disney race so much more than you would had you run this one and the other with the foot pain.

I'm skeptical of the whole "drink x amount of water" thing. I drink so that I'm hydrated, which I judge by thirst and pee color (yeah I know...ick, but a good simple guide). Some days I need a lot of water, others less so. Being well-hydrated does make a difference though, so increasing water intake is probably good - I just wouldn't kill myself to get to 64(!) ounces.

Had a miserable 4 mile run this morning, I must not have eaten well last night because I got nauseated halfway through and had to walk nearly a mile until my stomach eased up. Hopefully that is NOT going to happen again during my last run this week (Thursday) or on Sunday!

Yeah, I am happy I rested my foot. I just wish I went to the doctor sooner and learned how to deal with this sooner and then I might have been able to run both. Oh well, lesson learned.

I don't drink a certain amount either. I do the same as Chiomaca. I drink when I'm thirsty and I check my pee color. I also try to sip consistently throughout the day as opposed to chugging a gallon once a day.

Sorry your run was so bad. Stomach issues on a run is the worst. It could be stress induced from all the work you have been doing for all you know. Hopefully you are fine for your race. Good luck with the race this weekend just in case I don't make it back before then. I'm sure I will but its better to be safe than sorry.

I have run outside a few times since the doctor and while I have pain in my foot it is the kind from getting the feet used to the pounding again. My PF isn't an issue right now at all. I did 4.6 miles today and tomorrow I am shooting for 6. I have a lot of catching up to do. I am excited to be back at it though.

I ran again today. It was probably to soon to do back to back days. My feet and ankles are sore but I did another 4.6 miles. But I am feeling the pressure to get back into shape quickly as I have 78 days until I leave and I am stuck at 4-5 miles. I'll take tomorrow off from running and then do a few miles again on Saturday.

It feels good to be back at it though.

No, I haven't been doing much beyond eating, sleeping, working, and running. I think I've figured out a way to get in one or two workouts a week once the marathon season is over. I'm not really counting it as over until after Avengers weekend since I'm doing all three races. The 5k won't really count since I suspect we'll be walking most of it, but I've got a friend (the same one I ran with last year, except she'll be a full year past the end of chemo instead of a month past it!) and she runs about the same pace as me. The funny thing is, I ran the Navy Air Force Half with her husband and sister-in-law, and her husband is back in DC (from San Diego) this week for the Marine Corps Marathon. Then I fly to CA for Avengers, and two weeks later they fly out to DC and we will all run a 5 mile Turkey Trot together, along with the guy who was our boss on a ship more than a decade ago. We're all a little crazy!

Sounds like your race schedule is loaded! I hope your run yesterday went better than your last one. Nothing is worse than stomach trouble! As far as the drinking 64 oz of water thing, I really do need to drink that much water for my urine to be the right color. I *knew* that, but sometimes I need to be told things I already know. :/ But 64 oz does seem to be the magic number for me. So I will do my best to hydrate correctly.

Yeah, I am happy I rested my foot. I just wish I went to the doctor sooner and learned how to deal with this sooner and then I might have been able to run both. Oh well, lesson learned.

I don't drink a certain amount either. I do the same as Chiomaca. I drink when I'm thirsty and I check my pee color. I also try to sip consistently throughout the day as opposed to chugging a gallon once a day.

I have run outside a few times since the doctor and while I have pain in my foot it is the kind from getting the feet used to the pounding again. My PF isn't an issue right now at all. I did 4.6 miles today and tomorrow I am shooting for 6. I have a lot of catching up to do. I am excited to be back at it though.

I ran again today. It was probably to soon to do back to back days. My feet and ankles are sore but I did another 4.6 miles. But I am feeling the pressure to get back into shape quickly as I have 78 days until I leave and I am stuck at 4-5 miles. I'll take tomorrow off from running and then do a few miles again on Saturday.

It feels good to be back at it though.

I'm glad things are starting to look up for you and your running. It has to be such a mental relief. :) You've got this.

I'm just bopping along. I'm sticking to my 3 days a week of bootcamp and am tracking my food every day. My weight is kind of bobbing in one spot right now but hopefully that is just because I'm building muscle. My clothes are definitely fitting differently and my shape is changing. Either way I will take it. I went to the thrift store to grab a couple pairs of pants but when I tried them on they were too big so I got frustrated and left. I hate buying clothes anyway so having to screw around and see what fits is just irritating. I know; there could be worse problems. lol Work is getting busy so I am worrying that it may interfere with my workout schedule. :( I'm going to do everything I can to prevent that. We've been using the clean eating recipes again regularly and I am making up a dinner menu for 2 week blocks so that is helping as well.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I'm glad things are starting to look up for you and your running. It has to be such a mental relief. :) You've got this.

I'm just bopping along. I'm sticking to my 3 days a week of bootcamp and am tracking my food every day. My weight is kind of bobbing in one spot right now but hopefully that is just because I'm building muscle. My clothes are definitely fitting differently and my shape is changing. Either way I will take it. I went to the thrift store to grab a couple pairs of pants but when I tried them on they were too big so I got frustrated and left. I hate buying clothes anyway so having to screw around and see what fits is just irritating. I know; there could be worse problems. lol Work is getting busy so I am worrying that it may interfere with my workout schedule. :( I'm going to do everything I can to prevent that. We've been using the clean eating recipes again regularly and I am making up a dinner menu for 2 week blocks so that is helping as well.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

It feels like the StayCool that started this thread is back. You are busy and you are sticking to your plan. That's is awesome. As for work interfering with your workout schedule, that can only happen if you let it. It may make it more difficult to get to the workouts but if you want to make them, you will. Having said that, don't worry about the weight. You are buying new clothes, or having to buy them, that is all the proof you need that it is working. The weight will follow. It will eventually melt away. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will be fine.

I worked today and after worked I put on my warm weather clothes and ran outside. It was in the low 40's. :mad::mad::mad: I was only able to do 3.25 miles because I had to go pick up my oldest daughter from her first school dance. :sad1::sad1::sad1: I remember the time I took her to our first father/daughter dance. I was sad because of how fast she was growing up. Now I am at her first school dance and she danced with a boy for the first time. Before I know it I will be dancing at her wedding. This is bumming me out. :-) I keep telling her to stop growing up and she isn't listening.

Of course I am standing there with all the parents and I am in my running clothes with my bright green sneakers, compression tights under my shorts and my bright yellow running jacket. Cuz I'm sure everyone runs at 9pm on a Saturday night, right. I must have looked like a freak show. :scared:

Oh well, I am off to shower and get to bed. Chiomaca, I hope you are having a good race this weekend. I can't wait to hear how it went.

My clothes are definitely fitting differently and my shape is changing. Either way I will take it. I went to the thrift store to grab a couple pairs of pants but when I tried them on they were too big so I got frustrated and left. I hate buying clothes anyway so having to screw around and see what fits is just irritating. I know; there could be worse problems. lol Work is getting busy so I am worrying that it may interfere with my workout schedule. :( I'm going to do everything I can to prevent that. We've been using the clean eating recipes again regularly and I am making up a dinner menu for 2 week blocks so that is helping as well.
Yay! Congratulations.

I remember the time I took her to our first father/daughter dance. I was sad because of how fast she was growing up. Now I am at her first school dance and she danced with a boy for the first time. Before I know it I will be dancing at her wedding. This is bumming me out. :-) I keep telling her to stop growing up and she isn't listening.
Awwww....

Of course I am standing there with all the parents and I am in my running clothes with my bright green sneakers, compression tights under my shorts and my bright yellow running jacket. Cuz I'm sure everyone runs at 9pm on a Saturday night, right. I must have looked like a freak show. :scared:
You just look like a crazy runner. Nothing wrong with that.

My run wasn't so great. The tummy troubles I had earlier came about early in the run (similar issue and timing as in San Francisco) so I lost a bunch of time in the porta potty (and line for said portajon) at the very first water stop. Thankfully it was at least at the top of the biggest hill on the run, so I didn't have to kick start myself to get back up. After that, it was a combination of maybe going too fast to try and make up time, and what my boss termed a poor "blister mitigation plan" resulting in no blisters on my arches, but multiple blisters elsewhere. So, while I was on pace for a PR in running time, there was no way to get it done after the bathroom stop. Add to that the blisters I could feel developing and I lost a lot of motivation around mile 20. I didn't stop, just sort of took slightly longer walk breaks and let my head get into the wrong place. The high point after that was at mile 24.5 when a friend caught up to me - I usually run with his wife, but she doesn't do fulls - and since he was having an equally bad run, we finished together. It was nice to cross the finish line with a friend when you've had a crappy run.

Sorry to hear your run wasn't the greatest. Do you have any theories as to what is causing the stomach issues? Is it nerves? Do you normally have issues before a big race?

So it may not have been the best run you have ever had but you finished and given how crazy your work schedule has been recently that is an accomplishment by itself. I said pics of the medal, it looks so cool.

I did 4.67 miles today and I am sore. I just don't get it. My ankles are killing me. I only took a month off, I don't know how I am so sore. I am not pushing the pace or anything. My hamstrings are very tight during the last few runs too, like they were right before they cramped up during my marathon. I am just going to have to stretch those out while I am doing my calves, to prevent my feet from hurting again. It was in the 30's today and I was out in my shorts. It was chilly at first but when I warmed up it was too bad actually.

Other than that, I am just happy to be back at it. I hope you're both doing well. (I think Dizzy is officially gone?)

My run wasn't so great. The tummy troubles I had earlier came about early in the run (similar issue and timing as in San Francisco) so I lost a bunch of time in the porta potty (and line for said portajon) at the very first water stop. Thankfully it was at least at the top of the biggest hill on the run, so I didn't have to kick start myself to get back up. After that, it was a combination of maybe going too fast to try and make up time, and what my boss termed a poor "blister mitigation plan" resulting in no blisters on my arches, but multiple blisters elsewhere. So, while I was on pace for a PR in running time, there was no way to get it done after the bathroom stop. Add to that the blisters I could feel developing and I lost a lot of motivation around mile 20. I didn't stop, just sort of took slightly longer walk breaks and let my head get into the wrong place. The high point after that was at mile 24.5 when a friend caught up to me - I usually run with his wife, but she doesn't do fulls - and since he was having an equally bad run, we finished together. It was nice to cross the finish line with a friend when you've had a crappy run.

That stinks about your race. :( I'm glad that you got to finish with your friend though. :) It at least had a happy ending.

I did 4.67 miles today and I am sore. I just don't get it. My ankles are killing me. I only took a month off, I don't know how I am so sore. I am not pushing the pace or anything. My hamstrings are very tight during the last few runs too, like they were right before they cramped up during my marathon. I am just going to have to stretch those out while I am doing my calves, to prevent my feet from hurting again. It was in the 30's today and I was out in my shorts. It was chilly at first but when I warmed up it was too bad actually.

Other than that, I am just happy to be back at it. I hope you're both doing well. (I think Dizzy is officially gone?)

Glad you are getting out there. I think that running when it is so cold is difficult because everything tightens up and causes aches. I hope the stretches help!

I got my husband to go to boot camp last night. He said he was impressed with my abilities. :D Unfortunately he has been having a pain in his shoulder and last night was arm night... So it didn't go too well for him. He had to modify a lot of stuff and today he is pretty sore. I will check him out tonight when I get home but I'm hoping he will go with me tomorrow still. I spoke with the trainer last night and we are going to meet with him on Saturday to do some meal planning. My weight is stagnant right now. I know, I AM building muscle however there is not enough movement in clothing sizes or on the scale at the moment. I know other people that have had a lot of success with his meal planning so I figured I would give it a go. I really want to be below 200 lb before my cruise in July. I know that it is doable; I just need help getting there. My husband is planning to do this with me which will make it easier on me. lol I'm ready to go all in.

I got my husband to go to boot camp last night. He said he was impressed with my abilities. :D Unfortunately he has been having a pain in his shoulder and last night was arm night... So it didn't go too well for him. He had to modify a lot of stuff and today he is pretty sore. I will check him out tonight when I get home but I'm hoping he will go with me tomorrow still. I spoke with the trainer last night and we are going to meet with him on Saturday to do some meal planning. My weight is stagnant right now. I know, I AM building muscle however there is not enough movement in clothing sizes or on the scale at the moment. I know other people that have had a lot of success with his meal planning so I figured I would give it a go. I really want to be below 200 lb before my cruise in July. I know that it is doable; I just need help getting there. My husband is planning to do this with me which will make it easier on me. lol I'm ready to go all in.

That's great that your husband is now going too. How far away from 200 lbs are you? And I think the most important thing you said in your post was the it is doable and that you just need help to get there. The fact that you believe you can do it AND you are willing to ask for help just about insures you will be successful.

The marathon medals are out and it is cool. I am excited, it means it is getting closer if the medal is out. Today was supposed to be a running day but my body hurts so I decided not to push it and risk injury at this point. Other than that it is a pretty uneventful day on this end.

Do you have any theories as to what is causing the stomach issues? Is it nerves? Do you normally have issues before a big race?
No idea. If it were just the marathon, I'd call it nerves and stress, but it also happened during the half in San Francisco. It hadn't happened before SF and didn't happen during the Navy Air Force race where I should have been nervous since I was going for a significant PR. None of the food I ate was similar (ramen in CA, chicken and mashed potatoes in DC). It's frustrating, but at least it wasn't a mental failure.

I am just going to have to stretch those out while I am doing my calves, to prevent my feet from hurting again. It was in the 30's today and I was out in my shorts. It was chilly at first but when I warmed up it was too bad actually.
You need to stretch everything, not just your calves. I could totally see that as part of the soreness. I don't know if I could be out in shorts in the 30s...capris maybe, but not shorts. I do shorts into the 40s as long as I'm running long enough to warm up (3 miles at least!). By the 30s I'm contemplating, if not actually wearing, gloves and a headband. And maybe a windbreaker. But, you're a New Englander, so you're inherently tough!

So cool that you're doing boot camp together. I hope it sticks :-) Good luck with the meal planning, too!

Oh, I forgot that I wanted to link to this article by Meb Keflezghi - The Finish Line.

I love that he gives props to the spectators that stay out for all the runners, relates to normal people out running, and most importantly that he also thinks "Why am I doing this again?" before marathons. It's nice to hear an elite runner talk about how running is hard and stays hard.

No idea. If it were just the marathon, I'd call it nerves and stress, but it also happened during the half in San Francisco. It hadn't happened before SF and didn't happen during the Navy Air Force race where I should have been nervous since I was going for a significant PR. None of the food I ate was similar (ramen in CA, chicken and mashed potatoes in DC). It's frustrating, but at least it wasn't a mental failure.

You need to stretch everything, not just your calves. I could totally see that as part of the soreness. I don't know if I could be out in shorts in the 30s...capris maybe, but not shorts. I do shorts into the 40s as long as I'm running long enough to warm up (3 miles at least!). By the 30s I'm contemplating, if not actually wearing, gloves and a headband. And maybe a windbreaker. But, you're a New Englander, so you're inherently tough!

That's weird about your stomach. Hopefully it isn't a problem that continues to happen. But you're right. You didn't fail mentally. You kept going and you finished the race.

Don't get me wrong, I was cold initially. I also had a pull-over on top and my running gloves. But once I got warmed up it was really comfortable.

Oh, I forgot that I wanted to link to this article by Meb Keflezghi - The Finish Line.

I love that he gives props to the spectators that stay out for all the runners, relates to normal people out running, and most importantly that he also thinks "Why am I doing this again?" before marathons. It's nice to hear an elite runner talk about how running is hard and stays hard.

That was an excellent article. I have his newest book. I haven't started it yet but I will soon. Everything I have heard about him is that he is really a nice guy, down to earth, and just one of us. He just happens to be much faster. :D

I am struggling getting back to running. It is so frustrating. I am getting out there and doing my runs, that isn't the issue. They just HURT. My ankles, feel, calves, all hurt. We are talking 2 miles in. I haven't been able to push the mileage past the regular 4.5 mile loop. I went and bought new sneakers today but I don't think it will fix the problem.

And I do know I need to stretch everything. I have been. I am stretching everything from the waste down. I ran today and my ankles and feet are sore again. I will run tomorrow in my new sneakers. I'll take it easy, but I need to get the weekly miles up quick as I am down to 67 days from Disney. I'm getting worried.

So cool that you're doing boot camp together. I hope it sticks :-) Good luck with the meal planning, too!

I hope that the stomach issues clear up. That stinks. :(

I am struggling getting back to running. It is so frustrating. I am getting out there and doing my runs, that isn't the issue. They just HURT. My ankles, feel, calves, all hurt. We are talking 2 miles in. I haven't been able to push the mileage past the regular 4.5 mile loop. I went and bought new sneakers today but I don't think it will fix the problem.

And I do know I need to stretch everything. I have been. I am stretching everything from the waste down. I ran today and my ankles and feet are sore again. I will run tomorrow in my new sneakers. I'll take it easy, but I need to get the weekly miles up quick as I am down to 67 days from Disney. I'm getting worried.

I hope things are going better for you and all your pain. :(

I'm still going to bootcamp 3 times a week and although I've only lost 5 lbs I am down about 1 full pant size. I spoke with the trainer about a meal plan and I will start it on Monday. Sounds pretty restrictive, kind of like an elimination diet. It is designed to burn fat and minimize carb intake. It is only for 1 month so I will give it an honest try. The calorie intake sounds about what I already do so that won't be difficult. My husband agreed to give me 1 month of following the meal plan and going to classes twice a week. Hopefully he sees enough of a change to stick with it. In general life is good and I am seeing definitive results. I was going to post a picture but I can't figure out how to block out my face to make it work.

Don't get me wrong, I was cold initially. I also had a pull-over on top and my running gloves. But once I got warmed up it was really comfortable.
Ah, I've seen a lot of people who are okay running in shorts if their core and hands are warm. I'm not one of them, but I get it. It's been in the 40s here in the morning and I do long sleeves that I end up pushing up within a mile or two. Still sorting out where I really need to be in long sleeves, but I like wearing capris below about 50. Then again, men don't have a lot of options between shorts and long pants.

That was an excellent article. I have his newest book. I haven't started it yet but I will soon. Everything I have heard about him is that he is really a nice guy, down to earth, and just one of us. He just happens to be much faster.
I've heard the same thing. A friend of mine had her twin ten years olds (also runners) get their picture taken with him at the Rock and Half Half in my hometown, which is one of his favorite races. (He broke a record or two there, I think.) I have his book too, am reading it in fits and starts.

Any chance of a follow-up with the doc or a PT?

I'm still going to bootcamp 3 times a week and although I've only lost 5 lbs I am down about 1 full pant size. I spoke with the trainer about a meal plan and I will start it on Monday. Sounds pretty restrictive, kind of like an elimination diet. It is designed to burn fat and minimize carb intake. It is only for 1 month so I will give it an honest try. The calorie intake sounds about what I already do so that won't be difficult. My husband agreed to give me 1 month of following the meal plan and going to classes twice a week. Hopefully he sees enough of a change to stick with it. In general life is good and I am seeing definitive results. I was going to post a picture but I can't figure out how to block out my face to make it work.
Wow, sounds like you're doing great! I'm not a big fan of elimination diets unless you're trying to figure out an allergy or something like that. But for a short time, I guess I don't object too much. I did find the early South Beach stage rid me of the more extreme end of my sweet tooth - I stopped liking milk chocolate and flavored yogurts of any kind by the end of the first month. I'm glad your husband is giving it a try, too!

I did a Navy PT test on Thursday and managed to run the mile and a half in 13:50, which wasn't bad given the blisters on my feet (all of which I re-discovered 3/4 of the way through the run.) This week I started morning runs again 3.5 miles on Monday and 5.5 today. My neighbor introduced me to runcoach.com, which does custom training plans and gives you access to a coach online, so I signed up yesterday, with my first workout today. The 5.5 miles was a speed workout, divided into a mile warm up, a set of seven short drills, 12x200m sprints followed by a 200m jog back to the start, and another mile cool down. It worked out okay even though I don't have easy access to a track during the week. I figured out that the distance from the steps of the National Gallery of Art to the end of the block is 200m, and it's just over a mile from my house to that point if I take the right route. I feel pretty good, although one or two of the blisters did show themselves again.

This is all excellent news from start to finish. The fact you are still continuing. Your husband joining you. The loss of weight (don't focus on the number, your adding muscle), the reduced pant size. It is all exciting.

As for the diet, it probably won't be enjoyable but it is only a month and if it works and you lose 5-10 lbs will you feel it is worth it? If the answer is yes, then you need to push through. If not, then it wouldn't make sense to do it.

Ah, I've seen a lot of people who are okay running in shorts if their core and hands are warm. I'm not one of them, but I get it. It's been in the 40s here in the morning and I do long sleeves that I end up pushing up within a mile or two. Still sorting out where I really need to be in long sleeves, but I like wearing capris below about 50. Then again, men don't have a lot of options between shorts and long pants.

I've heard the same thing. A friend of mine had her twin ten years olds (also runners) get their picture taken with him at the Rock and Half Half in my hometown, which is one of his favorite races. (He broke a record or two there, I think.) I have his book too, am reading it in fits and starts.

Any chance of a follow-up with the doc or a PT?

I did a Navy PT test on Thursday and managed to run the mile and a half in 13:50, which wasn't bad given the blisters on my feet (all of which I re-discovered 3/4 of the way through the run.) This week I started morning runs again 3.5 miles on Monday and 5.5 today. My neighbor introduced me to runcoach.com, which does custom training plans and gives you access to a coach online, so I signed up yesterday, with my first workout today. The 5.5 miles was a speed workout, divided into a mile warm up, a set of seven short drills, 12x200m sprints followed by a 200m jog back to the start, and another mile cool down. It worked out okay even though I don't have easy access to a track during the week. I figured out that the distance from the steps of the National Gallery of Art to the end of the block is 200m, and it's just over a mile from my house to that point if I take the right route. I feel pretty good, although one or two of the blisters did show themselves again.

Its been really warm here lately, in the 70's. So I haven't had to find out about running in the cold weather again yet.

I can go back to the doctor if I want but it isn't the same pain. My PF is GONE. I do my stretches and I have virtually no pain there right now, a tiny bit when I get out of bed, but nothing when I run. This pain is all in the tendons and ligaments in feet in ankles, like I just started running. It makes no sense. I got my new sneakers this week. I'm hoping that helps. I am scheduled to run after work tomorrow so we'll see.

Why did you sign up for that site and the training plan, was it for motivation or to achieve a new set of goals?

Chiomaca, you never said how the sign up went for Paris. You still intend to do it, right? I heard registration was a bit of a mess and got delayed?

I just had to stop in because I have been complaining for months now about pain. Well, I ran 5 miles last night and this morning before work I did another 7. I was worried about 2 days in a row but I was not in any pain at all and I was feeling so good I pushed it to the 7 miles. I'm sore now but that's no big deal. Now I need to ramp up the miles to a respectable level by the end of the month.

For the first time in about 4 months I am running pain-free so I am excited. :D:D:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter