Is this realistic?

I had to get up super early this morning to take my husband to work (his truck died, long story) and when I got home I knew there was no way I would be able to go back to sleep. So I got my butt out this morning and did my loop. I haven't walked it in a long time and I could feel it today. I used my fitbit to track it and I think the distance is way off. RunKeeper always said it was 5.4 miles. Fitbit said it was 6.35 miles. I think I will have to drive my car and see what it says. Either way today was my fastest time. I beat my best time by 4 minutes. So at least that is something. :) My hips and right foot were pretty sore for the last couple of miles but it went away pretty much as soon as I cooled down.

Happy Sunday!

I think RunKeeper is more accurate than FitBit. I think FitBit calculates based on steps taken whereas RunKeeper is GPS. Each person's step might be a different distance so that's why I think FitBit is less accurate. But great job getting out there and choosing to do the exercise as opposed to getting back in bed.

I know he does, but I can't do that either. 4:1 is working for me.

I think both needed the break. I took a long nap, and still went to bed early Saturday...and slept late on Sunday. I'm hoping this week will be a bit more settled than the last was. The new boss will only be working one job instead of two, and I'll only be staffing one boss instead of two.

Glad you made it back out and it felt decent. PF is so awful.

Congrats! Great to hear that you're losing weight and cutting time...both good signs on progress.

I didn't run this morning, I slept in again. I did do my circus workout and that was killer. I do like full body strength workouts and I'll get in five tomorrow morning.

It's good to take a rest when you need it. I am glad you got caught up on your sleep in addition to getting in your workout.

I got a bike ride in today, 13.38 miles. My thighs are sore from the run and ride two days in a row. I will probably rest tomorrow before I attempt a long run on Tuesday.

I think both needed the break. I took a long nap, and still went to bed early Saturday...and slept late on Sunday. I'm hoping this week will be a bit more settled than the last was. The new boss will only be working one job instead of two, and I'll only be staffing one boss instead of two.

Congrats! Great to hear that you're losing weight and cutting time...both good signs on progress.

I didn't run this morning, I slept in again. I did do my circus workout and that was killer. I do like full body strength workouts and I'll get in five tomorrow morning.

Sounds like you have been mentally and physically taxed for the last few weeks. Sleep is always great after that. I'm glad that work will be a little better this week. :)

Thanks. I'm working on the weight thing a little more. It is easier to focus on it when I am a little less active. I will step it back up in the fall when Zumba restarts.

I think RunKeeper is more accurate than FitBit. I think FitBit calculates based on steps taken whereas RunKeeper is GPS. Each person's step might be a different distance so that's why I think FitBit is less accurate. But great job getting out there and choosing to do the exercise as opposed to getting back in bed.

I got a bike ride in today, 13.38 miles. My thighs are sore from the run and ride two days in a row. I will probably rest tomorrow before I attempt a long run on Tuesday.

I agree that RunKeeper is more accurate. The FitBit does actually have a gps though. It shows the roads I am walking and everything. I'm good with that though. I am more interested in getting my overall time down for the full distance so it being accurate is not as important. I really want to do that 5 mile run in November so that is what I am working toward.

Yay for progress!

Did you already sign up for the race in November?

I went and got a new heart rate monitor today since I lost mine at my race back in June. I need to start really cracking down on my calories to try and lose some weight. I am the same as I was in September. Almost a full year with no loss, that is bugging me.

We are supposed to get severe thunderstorms overnight and into tomorrow. This may prevent my long run in the morning. I don't mind running in rain but I try to avoid the lightning. If I do get out I am playing the distance by ear. Since it will be 4 weeks since my last long run I have no idea what to expect. But, I have 6 weeks until my POT race so I need to kick things up a notch to get a good time.

Funny that you guys are talking about that - my iPhone crapped out on me just under 2 miles into my morning run. I've dropped it a few times and sometimes it's unreliable. Probably wearing it against my sweaty skin in a pocket doesn't help, either. I decided that I wasn't interested in dealing with it on the fly, so I just kept running. I meant to run 5 miles and ended up doing 6, but the funny thing is that when I pulled the phone back out, it had sort of regained it's bearings....but it teleported me from the Tidal Basin at one end of the Mall to the backside of the Capitol, close to two miles away. Said I only ran 4.3 miles total. I have no idea what my pace was because it didn't track the nearly two miles between the two spots.

I am more interested in getting my overall time down for the full distance so it being accurate is not as important. I really want to do that 5 mile run in November so that is what I am working toward.
I think that's a pretty decent plan. I don't run the same route all that often, but I do have four and six mile loops and a six mile out and back that I like to repeat once in a while.

Sounds like you have been mentally and physically taxed for the last few weeks. Sleep is always great after that. I'm glad that work will be a little better this week.
Yeah. This job is taxing, and having a new boss and new deputy makes a hard job even harder. The good thing is that they're both good guys (self-described "knuckle-dragging fighter pilots" but they both take direction well, which may be why they put a Sailor in charge of managing the office. :sail:)

Isn't the thing you carry your phone in waterproof?

The job may be kind of crazy now because it is still so new but eventually you will get to the point where it is normal. Your next job may be very boring by comparison.

I got up at 4:30 for my long run. I walked out the door at 5 am into a sauna. Hot and humid but it wasn't raining so I was feeling good. I got 2.5 miles into the run and the thunder and lightning started. Then the rain began. It didn't get heavy until I was on my street so I lucked out. I ended up only doing 4.5 miles, my regular loop, because of the lightning. I was disappointed but I will just have to find a way to get my long run in this week some time. Then about 30 minutes after I got in the house and cooled down it got sunny. Once again the weather people were wrong.

My foot is killing today so it is a bike ride tomorrow. I may not be able to run 2 days in a row, which will also screw up my schedule.

Just stopping in for my daily accountability post. I got out and did the bike this morning. 13.8 miles. Tomorrow I am planning to do a long run/hill workout so I can get back on track. I am scheduled for 8 miles of hills (which also seems like a lot to me) so I will try to add a couple extra miles at the end to get me to 10, hopefully. We'll see how the body responds.

We are supposed to get severe thunderstorms overnight and into tomorrow. This may prevent my long run in the morning. I don't mind running in rain but I try to avoid the lightning. If I do get out I am playing the distance by ear. Since it will be 4 weeks since my last long run I have no idea what to expect. But, I have 6 weeks until my POT race so I need to kick things up a notch to get a good time.
Avoiding the rain is a generally good idea, I think.

Isn't the thing you carry your phone in waterproof?
I carry the cell phone in my pocket. So far I haven't liked any of the cases I've used, mainly because so few of them are set up to easily plug into my speaker system. Even so, I've never dropped the phone in water - it's just your everyday humidity and my sweat that are the problem.

The job may be kind of crazy now because it is still so new but eventually you will get to the point where it is normal. Your next job may be very boring by comparison.
This job will never calm down, because there's a crisis every day. Some of it's important, some of it's just urgent. And sometimes what you do shows up on the news the next day, so you have to get it right. The bosses never do more than two years and we Execs don't often do more than a year because of the burn out rate. I'm learning so much and I feel like the stuff I facilitate make a difference for some of the guys on the ground/in the air/at sea, so it's worth most of the pain.

Just stopping in for my daily accountability post. I got out and did the bike this morning. 13.8 miles. Tomorrow I am planning to do a long run/hill workout so I can get back on track. I am scheduled for 8 miles of hills (which also seems like a lot to me) so I will try to add a couple extra miles at the end to get me to 10, hopefully. We'll see how the body responds.
Glad you made it out the last couple of days, even if you were slowed down by the weather. I took Tuesday as a rest day because it was a super-long day with no room to get to the gym (mostly that.) I didn't want to get up in the morning today, so I talked myself into going on a short run, then talked my way up to five miles. Would have been six, but I under estimated my route. I'm sort of okay with that because my shins have been sore the last week or so. Hoping for a chance to work out tomorrow and then another six on Friday.

This job will never calm down, because there's a crisis every day. Some of it's important, some of it's just urgent. And sometimes what you do shows up on the news the next day, so you have to get it right. The bosses never do more than two years and we Execs don't often do more than a year because of the burn out rate. I'm learning so much and I feel like the stuff I facilitate make a difference for some of the guys on the ground/in the air/at sea, so it's worth most of the pain.

Glad you made it out the last couple of days, even if you were slowed down by the weather. I took Tuesday as a rest day because it was a super-long day with no room to get to the gym (mostly that.) I didn't want to get up in the morning today, so I talked myself into going on a short run, then talked my way up to five miles. Would have been six, but I under estimated my route. I'm sort of okay with that because my shins have been sore the last week or so. Hoping for a chance to work out tomorrow and then another six on Friday.

It must be cool to be apart of such a big team like you are. You may all joke about which branch of the service is best but you are all part of one big team and you obviously take pride in having an impact on everyone. That's awesome.

Hopefully you got out and got your 6 miles in today.

I am keeping this short. Yesterday was a busy day. I was up early for my hill workout. I got in 8 miles of brutal hills. Then I worked late because it was busy. Today I planned to get up and do my scheduled easy run but when I got out of bed both feet and ankles were not having any part of it. I see my goal of BQ slipping away with each missed workout. I have 8 miles of speed work tomorrow. Who knows if the feet will allow all 8 but I will give it my best shot. I am tired and I am going to bed. Oh, and I have won a few contests at work recently that resulted in some Disney gift cards so I upgraded my room from the AS Sports to the Contemporary. I haven't received the reservation # yet but told my travel agent to make the change. Yay for being on the monorail. :-)

I got up and made it to the track. I was scheduled for 8 miles but I noticed a step back in everything after the last 2 weeks and missing so many runs. I only managed 7 miles. My foot hurt all day. I will rest it tomorrow before I can hopefully pull off a 13 mile long run on Monday.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

It is good being part of a big team, yes. Otherwise the life would suck.

Glad you made it to the track - and 7 miles of speed work after 8 of hills is impressive. Not sure I'd have been willing to do those back to back, so I don't fault you for cutting it short a mile.

I got in not quite 6 on Friday and just over ten this morning, both with the pups. Not planning to workout tomorrow, but I have a guest from out of town, an old college friend. Between the run and walking around Congressional Cemetery with her (and to/from the baseball game), I put in about 18 miles on my feet. Tomorrow we hit the farmer's market, a local independent bookstore that is well-known, and a circus show in the evening.

Just checking in while everyone is sleeping. We're at my in laws in the Okanagan for the weekend and I'm the only one awake. Well me and the cats :)

Nothing new to report - thinking of doing a split stay for our trip 6 nights at CBR and then two nights at BC at the end to spend the day in their ginormous pool! That's about all that's exciting in my world right now :)

Glad you made it to the track - and 7 miles of speed work after 8 of hills is impressive. Not sure I'd have been willing to do those back to back, so I don't fault you for cutting it short a mile.

I got in not quite 6 on Friday and just over ten this morning, both with the pups. Not planning to workout tomorrow, but I have a guest from out of town, an old college friend. Between the run and walking around Congressional Cemetery with her (and to/from the baseball game), I put in about 18 miles on my feet. Tomorrow we hit the farmer's market, a local independent bookstore that is well-known, and a circus show in the evening.

I took a day off in between so it wasn't that bad. I took today off and tomorrow I am shooting for 13 miles. My proof of time race is in a month so I need to pick things up big time if I want to get a good corral.

18 miles on your feet is a lot. Does she do circus too or are you just taking her to a show?

Just checking in while everyone is sleeping. We're at my in laws in the Okanagan for the weekend and I'm the only one awake. Well me and the cats :)

Nothing new to report - thinking of doing a split stay for our trip 6 nights at CBR and then two nights at BC at the end to spend the day in their ginormous pool! That's about all that's exciting in my world right now :)

Maybe there is something wrong with me but I think anything related to planning for a Disney trip is excited. I bet though, if you look into renting DVC points you might be able to stay at BC the whole time for close to the same price. Just a thought!

Oh don't get me wrong I think it's crazy exciting. I'm on the dis all the time reading up on everything, it just feels like in relation to this thread I'm not actually doing anything. Still same ole same ole when it comes to eating and working out.

As for DVC points I'm hoping for a free dining or play stay and done deal to be announced and if I rent points I'd lose out on that. For us the dining is a better deal and I love the convenience of it.

Oh don't get me wrong I think it's crazy exciting. I'm on the dis all the time reading up on everything, it just feels like in relation to this thread I'm not actually doing anything. Still same ole same ole when it comes to eating and working out.

As for DVC points I'm hoping for a free dining or play stay and done deal to be announced and if I rent points I'd lose out on that. For us the dining is a better deal and I love the convenience of it.

I got up at 4 am for my long run this morning. I only managed to force out 11 miles. But, I was in pain the whole time so the fact that I stuck with it that long is OK to me. I am serious pain now though.

But, I was thinking about you on my run this morning Dizzy. I was wishing there was something I could say to get you motivated and it bummed me out because I know there isn't. Motivation is one of those things you (we) have to figure out on our own.

I remember you wanting to possibly do Dopey this January. Now you are still going to be there in January but you lost that motivation. (I realize not for the race at this point but hopefully you see where I am going).

What I have learned over the past couple years is when you (we) don't work toward your goals it is generally out of fear. I know for me it was always fear of failing. I figured if I never started trying to achieve my goals it meant I couldn't fail at them. What I never realized was not trying was guaranteed failure every day.

We all have things that could prevent us from accomplishing our goals. Jobs, kids schedules, illness, doctor's appointments, etc... I know I have a ton of things I could use as excuses right now. And I may not achieve my goal of qualifying for Boston this year. But, when I cross the finish line in October and see my official time if I don't make it I will know I didn't fail. I will still have crossed the finish at another marathon. I will remember these days I got up at 4 am to run in the dark. I will realize that I could have given up with this PF injury but I didn't.

My whole point is, I just hope that you read this and decide that you deserve to give YOU a shot. You are worth the effort. You wanted to be healthy for your next Disney trip. You may not lose all the weight by January. You may not be running Dopey. But if you decide to do something different you could be well on your way and come January you could enjoy your trip even more because you will feel better mentally and physically. Nobody wants to look at their pictures from vacation and wish they didn't look a certain way.

OK, I am off my soapbox now. I hope it doesn't come across as preaching, I am just trying to help.

Not much from me today. I was scheduled to ride my bike this morning and I couldn't wake up. Yesterday's run took a lot out of me. I am still very sore. I had the day off from work so I just slept as long as I could. Tomorrow I will be up and back at it. I am shooting for 6 miles. Given how my ankles and feet feel I may be out of luck, I am just hoping when things loosen up I can pull it out.

18 miles on your feet is a lot. Does she do circus too or are you just taking her to a show?
She doesn't do circus, I brought her to a show and she took a silks class with me, too. I was a little worried because she looked flushed and a little stressed during some of the moves, but at the end she said she had a great time. Made me feel better :-)

My whole point is, I just hope that you read this and decide that you deserve to give YOU a shot. You are worth the effort. You wanted to be healthy for your next Disney trip. You may not lose all the weight by January. You may not be running Dopey. But if you decide to do something different you could be well on your way and come January you could enjoy your trip even more because you will feel better mentally and physically. Nobody wants to look at their pictures from vacation and wish they didn't look a certain way.
Well said...the entire post, I only quoted the little bit. Motivation can be hard and scary.

Mostly, I'm just exhausted. I got in my 10 miles Saturday and a circus class yesterday, but I should have run and just couldn't get up. Having a guest threw my weekend sleep catch-up schedule and I'm still deprived. And my dog walker basically quit on me, or at least gave me notice. I need to find a solution, FAST. The two dogs are just two much, with barking and being snippy when she gets in and the foster pup pulling like crazy when they walk. ARGH. The stress is killing me. I have to run tomorrow, for real.

I am glad your friend had a good time. I am sorry your dog walker quit on you, hopefully you can find someone soon. I feel your pain on not being able to wake up for your run. And yes, you do need to run because it will help with your stress, as you know.

I only squeezed out my normal loop this morning of 4.7 miles. I was in so much pain I couldn't do the 6 I wanted. It's OK, I was scheduled for 4, I am just trying to increase my mileage to catch up a little.

Tomorrow I have 8 miles of hills scheduled. I am hoping to get through it.

It was a rough day mentally for me. I didn't want to get up and do my hills. I knew it would hurt so I was trying to talk myself into staying in bed. But, I knew if I did I would be mad at myself so I got out of bed and went to tackle my hills. I had 8 miles scheduled and managed 3.26. I walked more than I ran. Not only does my foot hurt (left foot) but my right shin is hurting now. It was awful.

Why was it tough mentally? I realized I may need to shut it down for a couple weeks possibly. I say possibly because I was adding up the miles on my sneakers and I have probably hit the 300 miles it is recommended you get out of a pair of shoes. I have been planning on buying new sneakers soon. I am on vacation next week so I will be buying new sneakers. Once I get those I will see how things go. But, as long as things hurt this bad I will have to keep to my bike even if it means missing my September and October races. (I'll be running at Disney even if my legs are hanging off by a thread. :rolleyes1)

It just bothers me that not only will I not succeed in my goal of qualifying for Boston but now I may not even get to run that race or my proof of time race.

I know you guys can't really help me but I had to write it out and get it off my chest so thanks.

I am on vacation for a few days. Now I can rest my foot. I am going to get some new sneakers this week. I will just pump out some miles on my bike until I find my sneakers. I did 18 miles on my bike yesterday. Tomorrow I will try for 30 since it was supposed to be my long run day and I don't have to worry about being at work.

It's quiet here but I had to update anyway to keep myself honest.

I only managed 24 miles on the bike. It was tons of hills though and very humid. It was overall a very good workout. It was a solid 2 hours, which is how long the race will be for the 1/2 in a few weeks. If I can't run I might as well get my body used to 2 hours of hard work.

I bought new sneakers today. I am going to try them out tomorrow I think. I'm hoping things go well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter