• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there really no August 2013 thread yet?

I'd love a FD offer but I think I'm going to miss it. Probably will be leaving the day before it comes out. :(

We're booked from the 19th-26th at the GF after a 40% discount on the room from a cast member friend. The 5 of us are driving down from NY since my son has a peanut allergy and flying was too stressful and risky last time.

It'll be our first attempt of driving that distance with our three sons, 7, almost 5 and almost 2 at the time of the trip. I'm hoping for some free dining as well so hopefully that pops up soon.

So, the latest deal ends on 8/14...the day that we check in. I assume we aren't eligible?

You would be eligible for a room discount the night of your check in. The remaining nights would be at the non-discounted rate.

A new room discount offer should come out for 8/15 based on historical discounts and a FD discount should come out for 8/24 based on historical discounts.

--D

Planning to be in WDW for a short trip August 22nd (getting in just before midnight) through August 26th.

Really, really hoping for FD, although I'd be content with a room discount if one came out. Otherwise I'll probably be at AoA in a LM room.

You would be eligible for a room discount the night of your check in. The remaining nights would be at the non-discounted rate.

A new room discount offer should come out for 8/15 based on historical discounts and a FD discount should come out for 8/24 based on historical discounts.

--D

It is hard to know what to do. I could bump my trip ahead a day and wait and check in on 8/15 if the deal would be similar or better. I am tempted to go ahead and make a room only reservation for 8/14 anyway and see if I get a better deal...but then again....you have to pay those in full and I don't really have the cash right now. If I did do that, I could still go the parks on 8/15 using a day off my ticket for the second reservation, no?

It is hard to know what to do. I could bump my trip ahead a day and wait and check in on 8/15 if the deal would be similar or better. I am tempted to go ahead and make a room only reservation for 8/14 anyway and see if I get a better deal...but then again....you have to pay those in full and I don't really have the cash right now. If I did do that, I could still go the parks on 8/15 using a day off my ticket for the second reservation, no?

Your room only reservation is due a deposit and you don't pay the remainder until you arrive!

Be careful with this. I would be very cautious about having 2 different reservations. Right NOW you are able to pick up package passes at GS up to 3 days ahead, but no one knows what will happen when the new Magic Bands are rolled out. It is definitely possible that you won't be able to use passes before your package officially begins.

Your room only reservation is due a deposit and you don't pay the remainder until you arrive!

Really? The last time I did a room-only reservation I was told I had to pay for it upfront...that the other option was only available for packages. When has this changed?

Be careful with this. I would be very cautious about having 2 different reservations. Right NOW you are able to pick up package passes at GS up to 3 days ahead, but no one knows what will happen when the new Magic Bands are rolled out. It is definitely possible that you won't be able to use passes before your package officially begins.

But my package would officially being on August 15...the day that I wanted to go to the parks.

No worries though. I likely won't change anything. In all likelihood, I'll end up bumping my trip ahead a day and take advantage of whatever deal they come up with form 8/15.

Really? The last time I did a room-only reservation I was told I had to pay for it upfront...that the other option was only available for packages. When has this changed?

But my package would officially being on August 15...the day that I wanted to go to the parks.

No worries though. I likely won't change anything. In all likelihood, I'll end up bumping my trip ahead a day and take advantage of whatever deal they come up with form 8/15.

Last year I booked a room only discounted and I only had to pay the first night and the remainder when we arrived!
The package was due 45 days before arrival so I switched to room only so it gave me more time to save!

Last year I booked a room only discounted and I only had to pay the first night and the remainder when we arrived!
The package was due 45 days before arrival so I switched to room only so it gave me more time to save!

Does anyone know where I can look into this? If I can do it this way, I'd be very happy.

I'm going aug 18-22nd and while I would love a discount, I'd take significantly smaller crowds too. Either way, I'm just happy to be going home!

With two kiddos to wait in line with I think we are staying put for August. Though it was very temptng to shorten that countdown!!! Will keep our fingers crossed for that pixie dust!!

You can book a room only via the website, also. You still only need to pay the one night stay deposit.

Ok. This is very good to know. I don't think we are going to go with the split-stay. Likely, we'll just check in a day later and take advantage of the new offer that will hopefully start 8/15.

Any rumors about when or if a discount WILL be coming for August 15th-on??? Not so patiently waiting here.....really would like to go ahead with airfare purchase!!!! Come on free dining or SOMETHING, anything! Since they have offered a rare summer deal, I am assuming a fall deal is a no brainer... I am planning 8/22-29.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter