Is there really no August 2013 thread yet?

WeLoveLilo05 said:
My aunt spoke to one a few weeks ago and he made it sound like it was def. going to happen this summer but no dates were given yet.

We are saying August 4-15 at a moderate resort. What if we paid the difference for DDP? I already have all my reservations and everything planned:-(

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We are saying August 4-15 at a moderate resort. What if we paid the difference for DDP? I already have all my reservations and everything planned:-(

The chances of a FD promo coming out as early as the first half of your stay are going to be very very slim and I say that based on historical data, the August room only pin codes that were released last Fall (the one I had received started on 8/11) and the FD BB offer start date of 8/18. Now, there's a good possibility that there may be a room only discount, no guarantees, BUT if there is one, that would help offset some of the dining plan costs for you...keep your fingers crossed :goodvibes

Ivonne said:

You can pay for the DDP or just pay for your meals OOP. You don't need to have the plan to make ADRs or eat at the restaurants. Try to figure out which way is less expensive. For us, it would be about $600 less to pay OOP than to use the DDP (unless of course a promo comes out).

momto3gr8boys said:
You can pay for the DDP or just pay for your meals OOP. You don't need to have the plan to make ADRs or eat at the restaurants. Try to figure out which way is less expensive. For us, it would be about $600 less to pay OOP than to use the DDP (unless of course a promo comes out).

How can I figure out my total to pay oop?

Allears.net has all the menus and I am pretty sure they have the prices so you could get a rough estimate of how much per day it will cost you and your family if you add up the sit down meals and QS meals for the day, and snacks and tips for the sit down meals.

Ivonne said:

This is a repost from my PTR:

momto3gr8boys said:
Ok in case you haven't seen this, this is an awesome tool to calculate your ADRs and decide if the DDP is for you. We will actually do better paying OOP based on this, which is what I thought being that we have several signature restaurants on our list.

Here's a video on how to use the table and the file. I saw this on another DIS post:

The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jMDgzoJLI8&list=UUkY9dkUEV93HxeRkD456VJg&index=1

The website with the file is here: http://www.seeyareelsoon.wix.com/seeyareelsoon

I personally will be glad if they get rid of free dining. I think the service and quality has gone down since they started offering it. I do understand that some people need the free dining but we are fortunate enough not to need it. We have AP's and get a TIW card so that helps us with the discounts.

So did everyone else make their adr's for the August trip?

These are ours

Paradiso 37
Be our Guest
Marrakesh
Crystal Palace (First time for us for dinner)
Teppan Edo
1900 Park Fare
Cape May Cafe
Tusker House

Is there a FB group for August trip planning?

3Leafs said:
I personally will be glad if they get rid of free dining. I think the service and quality has gone down since they started offering it. I do understand that some people need the free dining but we are fortunate enough not to need it. We have AP's and get a TIW card so that helps us with the discounts.

So did everyone else make their adr's for the August trip?

These are ours

Paradiso 37
Be our Guest
Marrakesh
Crystal Palace (First time for us for dinner)
Teppan Edo
1900 Park Fare
Cape May Cafe
Tusker House

Is there a FB group for August trip planning?

Yes, it's a closed group and the link is on page one of this thread. And I agree about the overall decline in dining, but technically it's the resorts who pay for FD. I think the quality has gone down because the demand is there despite the quality of experience c

We are heading down July 29th- Aug 9th. We are splitting July 29th to august 4th- most likely POR-Riverside. Then August 4th-9th at AKV- Kidani. We are DVC. Hoping for a decent discount for the first 1/2 of our trip. We usually stay completely in a villa but want to save $$.

We usually stay completely in Aug but had to shift this trip to get back in time for DS14 to start HS football practice. In the past we alternated mid Aug with early Aug. but it looks like we will have end of July/early August for the next 4 years

We are heading down July 29th- Aug 9th. We are splitting July 29th to august 4th- most likely POR-Riverside. Then August 4th-9th at AKV- Kidani. We are DVC. Hoping for a decent discount for the first 1/2 of our trip. We usually stay completely in a villa but want to save $$.

We usually stay completely in Aug but had to shift this trip to get back in time for DS14 to start HS football practice. In the past we alternated mid Aug with early Aug. but it looks like we will have end of July/early August for the next 4 years

Don't you love how early the sports start? My ds15 only has the week of the 4th off of hockey and that is it. He skates year round. I am lucky with the younger ones that they don't start cheer and football until the second week of August. Good Luck :goodvibes

We are booked August 10-16 with no discount. Like I said in an earlier post this is the first trip booked without a discount, we usually go in May or June so a discount was always available in the winter. We booked our dream resort but with the realization that when the discounts come out we may have to change resorts. Now yes I know DW doesn't owe me anything, they offer a service and it is up to me to buy or not buy but the truth is that we do not buy any large items for our house without it being on sale or do we buy a car at ticket price. Even our other vacations are booked at discount prices, either returning guest discount at a condo at the beach or specials on cabins in the mountains. So here is hoping/dreaming of a wonderful discount but always prepared with alternative plans even if it is staying offsite. :(

We are booked without a discount also. If one shows up later we'll probably spend the money on Victoria and Albert's.

If you are currently booking without a discount, consider getting AAA (or CAA in our case). With the AAA rate, we are getting 15% off of our rooms at POR for 3 nights at the beginning of August. It saves us around $100 which covers the cost of the AAA membership.:)

We don't need the discount to go, but if I am going to book CBR and pay for the DDP then next month FD comes out for deluxe's only then I will have to switch my resort/package over to a deluxe. We played with the numbers and it will be slightly over $300 extra to stay at a deluxe with free dining then stay at a moderate and pay for the DDP. And I am like a PP, I RARELY pay for things in full, thats just how I am. I coupon, look for sales and try to get things at a discount. And staying at our dream resort for an extra $300 is worth it IMHO.

Subscribed!

We have decided to do Animal Kingdom Lodge in August (flexible on date), we would like to get FD or possible nice room discount...

Does anyone know if those room discounts or even FD would ever apply to the rooms looking out to the animal enclosures?

we would love to stay in those room as our daughter loves, loves, loves animals and would be insanely amazing to be able to see them outside our room and while she eats breakfest or late at night and are willing to pay a little more for those but a discount would be amazing.

:goodvibes

It's nice to be back on the board. My wife and I were printing pictures from our trip in November and she said she misses DW and wants to go back. I said "I'm on it!" and started looking at dates, flights, packages, etc. We have had a trend of going every other year and are planning on going in June 2014, but I'm trying to convince her to go this year too. :)

I think the plan is to go with a little focus on enjoying ourselves and not overplanning the trip. We're looking at 8/17-8/23 and staying at AoA or Pop. Wife wants AoA but depending on if there are discounts we may go to Pop to save a couple of bucks. I think we'll go with QSDP which will give us some flexibility about where and when to eat. We've found that with ADR's we have to be very careful about when we visit certain attractions and we can't really adjust on the fly. Also with the kids (DD7 and DD4) we found they don't eat much despite all of the going we do. Having a table service meal a day was more than they needed so we can save a couple hundred bucks and use that to get water park tickets instead.

When we went last year it was in November at Thanksgiving and while the days were nice it was still too cold to appreciate the pool and any of the water rides. With it being August and hot and humid we can take some time to enjoy the pools and hit up the water parks, Splash Mountain, etc. We may skip AK this time as the kids weren't really into it when we've gone before except for Everest and Triceratops Spin.

I've found some great deals on flights and have some frequent flier miles that will help offset the cost so that it makes it more reasonable than driving too. All around I'm pretty excited. I've never visited any of the water parks at DW so that will be a plus and I'm excited for my kids to see the rest of the Fantasyland expansion and get another Pork Shank and LeFou's Brew from Gaston's Tavern.

We're waiting on some more info before we pull the trigger on this but I'm hoping that we can make the decision soon and secure the flights for as cheap as I've found them. Going to give it another day or two and then jump on it I think.

In the meantime I'm watching my mail and the boards for the fall discounts. popcorn::

We are booked for August 11-15 at the Poly with a pin room discount. I can't wait, I have not stayed at the Poly in over 20 years, last time I was there was for my 14th birthday.

Subscribed!

We have decided to do Animal Kingdom Lodge in August (flexible on date), we would like to get FD or possible nice room discount...

Does anyone know if those room discounts or even FD would ever apply to the rooms looking out to the animal enclosures?

we would love to stay in those room as our daughter loves, loves, loves animals and would be insanely amazing to be able to see them outside our room and while she eats breakfest or late at night and are willing to pay a little more for those but a discount would be amazing.

:goodvibes

FD has applied in the past to those rooms. We have never used it in favor of RO or some ticket upgrade.

Nothing beats watching the animals outside your room.

I am really curious about this Magical Vacations Travel....they have some kind of "Exclusive" rate for select hotels August 3-10 which is exactly when we want to go. It says you can add tickets & dining....do they really offer discounts...has anyone received a quote from them for these dates????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter