Is labour day weekend pretty busy?

Visited during Labor Day last year and going back again this year. Crowds were light compared to peak Summer crowds. MK should be good park Saturday as HS will draw large crowds for the Frozen stuff. Last year during Labor Day, the Saturday crowd at HS was ridiculous compared to the other parks that weekend. However MK is always "busy" on Saturday's and Monday's, because as you said...everyone wants to visit MK first. Prepare for scorching heat, high humidity and chances of rain every day. Have a great trip!

We'll be there the 6th - 11th (and typing that out I just realized why our flights were so much cheaper this week...)

We typically go later in September but the crowds have been getting noticeably larger over the years at that time. Hopefully right after labor day will be as uncrowded as late September used to be!

I think it will be busy this year. Lots of families getting in late summer trips before school starts (many northerners are starting after LD), locals will make a long weekend getaway out of it, add the free dining to that and I think it will be busy. Not Thanksgiving day busy, but still busy. And hot at blazes. Last year it was brutal.
It's true that Labor Day is 6 days later than last year, so it's possible that could have an effect.

I'm hoping it won't be as crowded as last year, with having no parties during that week I would think it has deterred some people, lol. I'm crossing my fingers for low crowds.

We did our first Labor Day trip last year, but it definitely won't be our last. After doing F&W and summer, it was such a nice change to have such low crowd levels. We got to ride BTMRR twice in a row without getting off, and it wasn't last thing at night. In the dozen plus trips I've done as an adult, it was the lowest I've ever seen the crowds.

Yes, it was hot. I thought it was pretty manageable, and we even did the afternoon Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom and had no problems. We drank lots of water and went into A/C when we could. And we did lots of touring after dark when the weather is better. We stayed out until park close at least three days of the trip. At 2:00 at MK in early September, it was almost creepy how few people were around. Because of the way the school schedule falls this year, we'll be doing Thanksgiving instead of Labor Day, and I am already feeling a bit sad that we won't have the same low crowd levels that we did last year. I'll console myself with the hope of better weather, but every other factor tilts in favor of Labor Day in my book.

I just booked a 5 night stay at POFQ for the 7th-12th. A bit nervous about the heat but looking forward to the low crowd levels!

We are also doing MK on the Saturday of labor day weekend. We are expecting crowds for Saturday & Sunday but hopefully it will drop off after Monday

We'll also be there from the 7th - 15th. Like you I'm hoping for cooler temps and lower crowds! (Hoping!) If not, we'll be spending a lot of time at the pools and water parks!

We went on the Saturday of Labor Day last year. It was my daughter's birthday, and we are local, so I let her take a friend. We went to MK, AK and DHS. MK was the most crowded, but all the parks were manageable. We were able to the do big rides at DHS and AK and all but SDMT at MK. I would definitely go again at that time although, as a previous person said, it is hot and humid at that time of year.

I thought the crowds were great during Labor Day last year, better than Columbus weekend for sure. But we made it a point to hang out by the pool and not hit the parks until late because it was so incredibly HOT!

Another one here who was there LD weekend last year! Echoing that crowds were low; we thought MK that Sat. was your regular Sat. crowd - not really increased b/c of the holiday weekend. And free dining had started on the 31st so that was going on as it will be this year. Enjoy! pixiedust:

In the past couple years, we would arrive on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. It would be somewhat busy like you would expect (typical Saturday) and after that it would die out tremendously. Waiting any more than 15 minutes for a ride is rare if you play your cards right.

This year, we will be arriving early, staying for 2 weeks, and leaving the first day of Labor Day weekend. I don't really know what to expect with the crowds but I'm hoping they're somewhat low. Easywdw shows 3s, 4s, and 5s on the crowd calendar, and one 2. Hopefully it's correct!

Yes! I heard September is hot hot hot! Any tips or tricks to beat the heat? So far I'm looking to bring misting fans and cooling towels.

Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate.

Most people don't think to hydrate before they actually go on their trips to Disney in the dead of heat summer time. If you do not hydrate before you go, when you are there it's too late. Yes, drinking loads of water when you are there is a no-brainer. However, properly hydrating your body prior to arriving is even better to beat the heat and exhaustion as well.

I don't care what people read on-line, in magazines, etc. Before we race in long endurance (car) races, we start hydrating up for that event the week before. The series health people have always encouraged this and we do it all the time and have yet to suffer any ill effects from dehydration. We typically drink in the range of 8 to 10 cups of water per day for at least 5 days prior to an event. Then, at least a gallon of water the day of the event, no more than two hours out of the beginning of the race.

I'd also suggest picking up at least one Camel Back water bottle. We have two of them and love them. Not only does it allow you to refill water and filter it. It saves you that $3.50 every time you want to buy a water bottle in the parks. Fill it up when you are eating and put some ice in there to keep it cool. We love ours and it has been a great addition to the park day bag.

On our last actual holiday here before moving to Orlando, we kept track of how many times we filled it up and added them all up against the $3.50 per bottle of water. It ended up saving us close to $125 the entire trip. Not bad for just refilling a water bottle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter