• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is labour day weekend pretty busy?

Daldea

Mouseketeer
We are scheduled to go to MK on a Saturday during labour day long weekend with evening EMH, am I crazy? We get in on the Friday and we wanted our first park day to be at MK. We are traveling with 3 under 7 and plan on going for RD, leave after lunch for a break/nap/rest/pool until around 7pm. As of now, MK is open until 12am. Any tips or suggestions?

Labor/Labour Day weekend is not like the other major U.S. holidays. It does not cause devastating crowds. There may be a slight increase, but the parks are quite manageable.

Labor/Labour Day weekend is not like the other major U.S. holidays. It does not cause devastating crowds. There may be a slight increase, but the parks are quite manageable.

Probably because so many are gearing up for the first day of school or have just started school.

I was it WDW last year over Labor Day weekend and it was not crowded at all. We walked on most rides and barely waited 10 minutes for others (with some exceptions like 7dmt).

Yes! I heard September is hot hot hot! Any tips or tricks to beat the heat? So far I'm looking to bring misting fans and cooling towels.

we went over Labor Day a few years ago....less busy than our January trip!!!!

Woo hoo, that's our MK day too! I picked it specifically for the EMH so we can walk back over after dinner at CG.

Got an email from Touring Plans that they dropped estimated crowd levels for that weekend. So we shall see!

Labor day is a rest day on my trip with the evening open to whatever we feel like :)
As they released, next to the FD promotion, also a room discount for this period, crowds shoud be low.

We were also there over Labor Day last year, and we also thought the parks were dead. The water rides are slammed because it's approximately a billion degrees, but other than that, we did all of our favorites multiple times, including TSM with waits of 20-25 minutes in the afternoon.

Frankly, misting fans and Frog's Togs just aren't enough. Pretty much the only way to effectively deal with the heat is to escape from it. We did RD-early afternoon, and then a long break spent in the pool, and then back for evening once the sun wasn't so direct. I can't even begin to explain how hot the sun is at mid-day. We decided to suck it up and wanted one last ride on Splash before break, and I knew the line for it would be short leading up to FoF, so we hopped in line at 2:45ish and got to see part of the parade while on the ride. But our plan was sorta a fail, because then we got off the ride and couldn't get out of Frontierland until the parade had passed. We were standing there, dripping sweat within minutes, as we watched the parade from the walkway in front of the Splash drop. It was nice to see the parade, but OMG we were so, so hot in the sun. A pool has never, ever felt as good as it did that afternoon.

Not busy at all, very doable...as you can tell by my signature, it's one of our favorite times to go, low crowds, typically free dining and hot weather. We like the heat! You're usually sweating before you even get to the parking lot first thing in the morning, lol, but it doesn't bother us. We go from RD to close non-stop.

We go around Labor Day week every year now that DH has retired from teaching. Crowds are fairly low for the weekend considering it's a holiday, and the parks are deserted from Monday on that week.

It is HOT, and it's the humidity that really zaps you. Use the pools mid day, or if in the parks take periodic shopping/snack/meal breaks in the AC (notice I listed shopping first!). Even just window shopping in the stores can give you a little relief. Check out rides that have indoor ques, like Pirates or IASW or Buzz, or catch an indoor show like COP or Monsters Inc Laugh Floor.

Also, keep hydrated, water or PowerAde or any of the other brands. People don't realize how much they lose in sweat. A slight headache or a little nausea can be signs of dehydration. DH likes PowerAde, so I buy a pack of liquid concentrate drops to add to his tap water so we are not always looking to purchase a bottle. We buy one bottle of PowerAde at the resort shop, then keep refilling that bottle.

I think it will be busy this year. Lots of families getting in late summer trips before school starts (many northerners are starting after LD), locals will make a long weekend getaway out of it, add the free dining to that and I think it will be busy. Not Thanksgiving day busy, but still busy. And hot at blazes. Last year it was brutal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter