Is it December Yet?? Cancelled with a Heavy Heart!

It's funny - tales of the "Be Our Guest fiasco" are reverberating...all the way over to the DLR side of the board! A couple of folks have mentioned it in my Christmas Superthread as an example of Disney not thinking things through terribly well.

And the reason Be Our Guest got brought up in the first place? Because everyone is abuzz (or aghast) at the news of our Candlelight Processional suddenly jumping from 2 nights to 20 consecutive nights, all of which will be held in Town Square. No one knows how it is going to play out, crowd-wise. It could be an absolute nightmare. A hotbed o' mayhem. It could be okay since the CP's will be spread out. This is uncharted territory for Disneyland and we can't even really use WDW's CP as a template because their seating set-up is different in Orlando.

I was trying to be the voice of reason in saying that I'm sure Disneyland has a method to their CP madness, and they must have thought things through. (Enter the Be Our Guest references!:rotfl2::rotfl2:)

Anyway, I hope you don't have to postpone your WDW Christmas time trip. If I were in your shoes I would, of course, just postpone and go the following holiday season. You can't do that, though, because you have a son living out there who you want to see. So your trip would have to be postponed to a time earlier than the holiday season of 2013.

One thing is for sure - if you have to cancel the 'holiday' aspect of your trip, a big part of your agenda and itinerary would change and you'd have to go back to the drawing board to take a bunch of things off the list (like the CP, MVMCP, Osborne Lights, Jingle Jungle Parade, seeing the edible displays at the hotels, etc.). I guess that would be good because it would free up some time for other things. But I still hope that you don't have to give up the holiday trip plan.

I am looking forward to seeing more wonderful snow pictures from you on Facebook this year (assuming you see some nice snow again)! It has been so hot and miserable where I am that I actually found myself looking at pictures of Autumn leaves, pumpkin patches, Christmas trees and snow-covered landscapes online the other day!:rotfl2: I was trying to forget that it was hot. I guess I was trying to will the seasons to change faster than they would otherwise!:rotfl2:

I agree with the others. Definitely don't cancel, just postpone it. You all deserve this trip and you have worked so hard for it :goodvibes

Thanx Kelly!! I haven't given up......yet!

I agree! Postpone, but don't cancel!You guys deserve this trip, even if it's a little later than planned. But I hope you don't have to change anything and still get to go at Christmas. :goodvibes

Thanx Andrea!! I have our perfect trip on paper.....not sure if we had to postpone it, I would be so lucky (since I got all our dining ressies at the 180 day mark).......but time will tell. I just hope things will stay as planned!!

It's funny - tales of the "Be Our Guest fiasco" are reverberating...all the way over to the DLR side of the board! A couple of folks have mentioned it in my Christmas Superthread as an example of Disney not thinking things through terribly well.

And the reason Be Our Guest got brought up in the first place? Because everyone is abuzz (or aghast) at the news of our Candlelight Processional suddenly jumping from 2 nights to 20 consecutive nights, all of which will be held in Town Square. No one knows how it is going to play out, crowd-wise. It could be an absolute nightmare. A hotbed o' mayhem. It could be okay since the CP's will be spread out. This is uncharted territory for Disneyland and we can't even really use WDW's CP as a template because their seating set-up is different in Orlando.

I was trying to be the voice of reason in saying that I'm sure Disneyland has a method to their CP madness, and they must have thought things through. (Enter the Be Our Guest references!:rotfl2::rotfl2:)

Anyway, I hope you don't have to postpone your WDW Christmas time trip. If I were in your shoes I would, of course, just postpone and go the following holiday season. You can't do that, though, because you have a son living out there who you want to see. So your trip would have to be postponed to a time earlier than the holiday season of 2013.

One thing is for sure - if you have to cancel the 'holiday' aspect of your trip, a big part of your agenda and itinerary would change and you'd have to go back to the drawing board to take a bunch of things off the list (like the CP, MVMCP, Osborne Lights, Jingle Jungle Parade, seeing the edible displays at the hotels, etc.). I guess that would be good because it would free up some time for other things. But I still hope that you don't have to give up the holiday trip plan.

I am looking forward to seeing more wonderful snow pictures from you on Facebook this year (assuming you see some nice snow again)! It has been so hot and miserable where I am that I actually found myself looking at pictures of Autumn leaves, pumpkin patches, Christmas trees and snow-covered landscapes online the other day!:rotfl2: I was trying to forget that it was hot. I guess I was trying to will the seasons to change faster than they would otherwise!:rotfl2:

Ugh, the Be Our Guest thing was crazy.....I'm not sure if you lived in Florida you were able to call out or receive calls in......I think WDW tied up the entire eastern US phone lines...... :lmao: Oh well....it is what it is!

20 nights of CP at DL?? Wowsers...... that could be interesting!! (but it might also spread out those crowds that used to show up just for that one weekend??)

Mike says postponing isn't an answer, since we want to see Derek....he says we may have to modify things....but it all comes down to getting the money or not. Can't do a thing until we either have it in hand or our pay by date arrives. So for now, we're on the forever hold button...... :faint:

I think last winter was a weird one for us.....I don't remember having that much snow.....twice! I'd love a little snow during Christmas time....but have yet to see a white Christmas.

Laurie,
I hope you feel better tomorrow.

I hope you feel better. Have the kids started school yet?

Hope you feel better soon.

Thank You all!! Friday I thought for sure I was coming down with the flu/cold that hit Mike & the kids......hot/cold, nauseau when I moved, horrid headache.....but by that evening....I was feeling better. (but I still am outta sorts.....so still think it's coming). I didn't get the fever or have body aches.....so that's why I think I haven't had it yet. Time will tell. I just wish if I was gonna get it, it would just get here so I could start getting over it. This spacey, not quite feeling up to par is getting old......... :rolleyes1

Kaitlin, the kids don't start until the week of Sept. 10th. So they're all still here driving me batty!! :headache: :lmao:

Thank You all!! Friday I thought for sure I was coming down with the flu/cold that hit Mike & the kids......hot/cold, nauseau when I moved, horrid headache.....but by that evening....I was feeling better. (but I still am outta sorts.....so still think it's coming). I didn't get the fever or have body aches.....so that's why I think I haven't had it yet. Time will tell. I just wish if I was gonna get it, it would just get here so I could start getting over it. This spacey, not quite feeling up to par is getting old......... :rolleyes1

Kaitlin, the kids don't start until the week of Sept. 10th. So they're all still here driving me batty!! :headache: :lmao:

Well, I hope it stays away from you. My two younger ones start tomorrow. But unfortunately they are home schooled so that is more work for me. I am still looking forward to it.

Well, I hope it stays away from you. My two younger ones start tomorrow. But unfortunately they are home schooled so that is more work for me. I am still looking forward to it.

I didn't realize you homeschooled Michele?! I don't think I would have the patience for that. :rolleyes1

DizNee Luver said:
I didn't realize you homeschooled Michele?! I don't think I would have the patience for that. :rolleyes1

I started last year. The local high schools leave a whole lot to be desired. They are violent and way over crowded.

Just playing on my phone!!

YAY!!! I have a new laptop!!!! :banana: I feel so behind on my PTR but also on everyone else's I was following!!

Nothing new to report.....still on hold with the IRS and still no clue what's going on with my parents estate. Still trying to stay positive that everything will come in & our trip will go off without any problems. I'm still checking online for the Be Our Guest just in case someone cancels.

School for the kids doesn't start until the 10th for Anthony, 11th for Shy and Addy and the 12th for Michayla (they asked we staggered the start days on the twins). It's probably a good thing I have a little longer before they start since all 4 of them are in desperate need of shoes and the money just hasn't been there.

Everyone have a wonderful and safe Labor Day weekend!!!!

YAY for new laptop :cool1:

Still have my fingers crossed that IRS comes through.

If worst comes to worst, can you take your package down to a room only, so you would only have to worry about money for one nights rate x2?

Then if you get the money before your trip, you can add it all back on closer to the trip. You can still keep all of your adrs too :)

YAY for new laptop :cool1:

Still have my fingers crossed that IRS comes through.

If worst comes to worst, can you take your package down to a room only, so you would only have to worry about money for one nights rate x2?

Then if you get the money before your trip, you can add it all back on closer to the trip. You can still keep all of your adrs too :)

I'm not sure.....I guess I would have to pose that question to the TA we have. I have a couple pre-paid meals that we're applying our Deluxe Dining too....so we'd have to figure that out as well. I just want the money to show up in time. :crazy2:

Yeah for the new laptop!

How many weeks has it been now for the IRS? Hopefully you will hear something soon!

We got a letter back on the inquiry 2 wks ago that stated they would forward it to another department and we'd hear back from them in 4-6 weeks......lol But........the gal we spoke with at the local office, said we'd receive those letters....even though we refiled the 2010 amendment. So now we're just hoping that this will process quickly. She said 8-12 weeks and it's been about 5-6 weeks.

I'm not sure.....I guess I would have to pose that question to the TA we have. I have a couple pre-paid meals that we're applying our Deluxe Dining too....so we'd have to figure that out as well. I just want the money to show up in time. :crazy2:

We got a letter back on the inquiry 2 wks ago that stated they would forward it to another department and we'd hear back from them in 4-6 weeks......lol But........the gal we spoke with at the local office, said we'd receive those letters....even though we refiled the 2010 amendment. So now we're just hoping that this will process quickly. She said 8-12 weeks and it's been about 5-6 weeks.

Are you talking bout restaurants that require a CC to book? If so, they only charge your card if you are a no show

Not sure how the dinner shows work though. So I could understand being leery and afraid of losing them

Are you talking bout restaurants that require a CC to book? If so, they only charge your card if you are a no show

Not sure how the dinner shows work though. So I could understand being leery and afraid of losing them

No, there are a couple (can't remember exactly what they were) that were to be paid at the time of booking....but since we had the dining plan, we were able to apply that instead of actually paying.

YEAH!!! Congrats! I plan everything from wake up time to bed time! Allow down time! My Tips: 1. allow enough travel time to get to point A to B it is HUGE. If we have ADR for Breakfast at Chef Mickeys we leave 1 hour ahead. 2.We love Chef Mickeys; The new Be our Guest Rest. looks amazing!
3.Parades; night time parade at MK and fireworks always a must!
4. Never done the Mickey Christmas Party-but that would be a must for me!
5. Maybe split up and do the princess stuff and the boys do the boys stuff and have a meet time and place.
That's all I can think of for now! ENJOY!:mic:

YEAH!!! Congrats! I plan everything from wake up time to bed time! Allow down time! My Tips: 1. allow enough travel time to get to point A to B it is HUGE. If we have ADR for Breakfast at Chef Mickeys we leave 1 hour ahead. 2.We love Chef Mickeys; The new Be our Guest Rest. looks amazing!
3.Parades; night time parade at MK and fireworks always a must!
4. Never done the Mickey Christmas Party-but that would be a must for me!
5. Maybe split up and do the princess stuff and the boys do the boys stuff and have a meet time and place.
That's all I can think of for now! ENJOY!:mic:

Welcome and thank you for the tips!!!!

1. Yup, we have looked & mapped out distances.....it's definitely a BIG place!
2. I'm still hoping to get a Be Our Guest ADR. We actually have cancelled our Chef Mickey's. (lots and lots of bad reviews.....eek!)
3. I'm a die hard parade & fireworks gal....can't get enough of them!!
4. It's a definite MUST for this trip!!
5. We'll probably split on occassion, but since this is new to our whole family...it's fun to experience things together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter