• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it December Yet?? Cancelled with a Heavy Heart!

Laurie -

What a strangely terrible coincidence. My childhood church (which was a church that was very important, noteworthy and integral in my life for different reasons when I was very young) burned down several years ago. Although I'm not a devout, over-the-top religious person, I did feel a big loss. I was very sad about it. I had some wonderful memories of that church and the people who were part of the congregation and choir (including Thurl Ravenscroft).

Did they find out what the cause of the fire was at your church? Was it arson? Was it an accident of some kind, like an electrical fire? I am not sure if it was ever decided 100% what caused my church to catch fire - maybe it was decided and I just missed the updates - but I think they suspected that it was either arson or a homeless person who had camped out there and accidentally started it.

We don't know the cause yet.....it sounds like it started in the sanctuary.

Have you ever checked out these threads with pictures of WDW hotel Christmas decorations? I love them!

This thread is very short (only one page):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=38288406#post38288406

And this one I gave you a link for a long time ago but I'm not sure if you ever had time to scroll through all the pages. The hotel/holiday pictures are so amazing:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852086

I still have the 2nd thread bookmarked so I can go and look at when I need a pick-me-up!! I'll take a look at the other one soon......right now I need to drive to Salem to get my laptop fixed......I feel naked with out it!!

How are things Laurie? :wave2:

Everyone ready for BOG ressies tomorrow? :)

Hope all is well.

Hi everyone....thanks for stopping by to check on me!!

Well lets see.......my laptop died....so I'm going through major withdrawels! :scared1: We have a desktop, but it's in part of the home where it's not easy to use during the day while watching the kiddos. So very limited on how much time I get on here. Then my cell phone died as well (which was my other way of at least checking in)......I got a replacement and so now I can at least track things......and occassionally post if need be.

I got up at 4am, west coast time to start dialing WDW dining this morning. FRUSTRATED would be an understatement. I hit redial for the first 2 hrs non stop.....decided since I was so tired to give up for a couple hours & try again. Got back on and did the redial thing again for an hour & a half. Finally got through and opted to talk to a real person since the automated system is not letting people put a CC hold on their ADR's......they will delete at midnight if not linked to a card. So instead of having to go through the pain of getting through twice....I'd just do the forever hold to talk to someone. So after about 35mins on hold.......I'm met with the news that my entire vacation is sold out....booked solid.....AWESOME...... :headache: Over 6 hours and it's all gone. I really couldn't have done it any different.....I could have stayed up the next 2 hrs, but still wouldn't have gotten through......I got the recorded "all circuits are busy, please try your call again later" to know I was on a losing battle.

Kinda wish Disney wouldn't have announced when they were opening up ADR's and just did it with no big TA DA moment........ :sad2:

So now I'll be on watch when they show up online or maybe chance calling back tomorrow.....just in case people that used the automated system didn't get the memo..... :rolleyes1

Sorry you had such a frusating morning! That is such a shame it is booked solid. We opted to not even try for it this trip and I am thinking of not even doing CS there now as well. I wish you would have been able to get one tho. Hopefully you will be able to if someone drops it remember the 45 day mark too. I am still trying to change my Le Cellier day and waiting for someone to drop it.

Oh, Laurie...that is a bummer! Do keep trying because something might open up...and on line booking will open the end of the month...the 27th, I think? I had heard the 23rd, but yesterday read the 27th. Fingers crossed...and hope the new laptop arrives today!!

DizNee Luver said:
Hi everyone....thanks for stopping by to check on me!!

Well lets see.......my laptop died....so I'm going through major withdrawels! :scared1: We have a desktop, but it's in part of the home where it's not easy to use during the day while watching the kiddos. So very limited on how much time I get on here. Then my cell phone died as well (which was my other way of at least checking in)......I got a replacement and so now I can at least track things......and occassionally post if need be.

I got up at 4am, west coast time to start dialing WDW dining this morning. FRUSTRATED would be an understatement. I hit redial for the first 2 hrs non stop.....decided since I was so tired to give up for a couple hours & try again. Got back on and did the redial thing again for an hour & a half. Finally got through and opted to talk to a real person since the automated system is not letting people put a CC hold on their ADR's......they will delete at midnight if not linked to a card. So instead of having to go through the pain of getting through twice....I'd just do the forever hold to talk to someone. So after about 35mins on hold.......I'm met with the news that my entire vacation is sold out....booked solid.....AWESOME...... :headache: Over 6 hours and it's all gone. I really couldn't have done it any different.....I could have stayed up the next 2 hrs, but still wouldn't have gotten through......I got the recorded "all circuits are busy, please try your call again later" to know I was on a losing battle.

Kinda wish Disney wouldn't have announced when they were opening up ADR's and just did it with no big TA DA moment........ :sad2:

So now I'll be on watch when they show up online or maybe chance calling back tomorrow.....just in case people that used the automated system didn't get the memo..... :rolleyes1

Hi Laurie.

Sorry ti hear about your electronic troubles. I wondered where you'd gone :).

I bet there will be a lot of cancellations tonight for those people who did automated. I would try again first thing in the morning. You might get lucky. I did the same as you...took two hours to get through then 55 min on hold but finally got in. Omg it was insane!!

That stinks. I hope you get new laptop soon

I am sorry about Be our Guest experience

Like other said, call first thing in the morning as I am sure a lot of people won't get the memo about having to have a CC tied to it :thumbsup2

Sorry you had such a frusating morning! That is such a shame it is booked solid. We opted to not even try for it this trip and I am thinking of not even doing CS there now as well. I wish you would have been able to get one tho. Hopefully you will be able to if someone drops it remember the 45 day mark too. I am still trying to change my Le Cellier day and waiting for someone to drop it.

Oh, Laurie...that is a bummer! Do keep trying because something might open up...and on line booking will open the end of the month...the 27th, I think? I had heard the 23rd, but yesterday read the 27th. Fingers crossed...and hope the new laptop arrives today!!

Hi Laurie.

Sorry ti hear about your electronic troubles. I wondered where you'd gone :).

I bet there will be a lot of cancellations tonight for those people who did automated. I would try again first thing in the morning. You might get lucky. I did the same as you...took two hours to get through then 55 min on hold but finally got in. Omg it was insane!!

That stinks. I hope you get new laptop soon

I am sorry about Be our Guest experience

Like other said, call first thing in the morning as I am sure a lot of people won't get the memo about having to have a CC tied to it :thumbsup2

Thanx everyone!! I'm getting a NEW laptop, the motherboard went out on the other one & it's cheaper for them to give me a new.....just have to have the $150 to pay for the hard drive save/external hard drive and be able to drive up to Salem all at the same time.....lol The laptop was under an extended warranty (totally worth it) but we were afraid it was the hard drive so we paid for them to recover everything they could on it. If we had known it was the motherboard and not the hard drive.....I could have saved myself the money.......but it wasn't worth chancing with all my pictures on it. :rolleyes1

As for the BOG issues and the automated system......sounds like Disney has announced that it would honor all those reservations made on it because of their error...... :headache: RATS!! Oh well......at this point, I'm starting to think this trip isn't going to happen anyways....... :sad1:

I'm sorry to hear you didnt get BOG. After reading all the horror stories, I am glad we didnt try for an ADR this time around.

I am still crossing my fingers that the IRS money comes through :flower3:

I'm sorry to hear you didnt get BOG. After reading all the horror stories, I am glad we didnt try for an ADR this time around.

I am still crossing my fingers that the IRS money comes through :flower3:

You were the smart one to just sit back and watch the craziness ensue...... :rotfl2: I'll keep an eye online (when it becomes avail. online) just for cancellations. It sounds like people getting thru we're making multi ADR's so they could choose when to go, so hoping a lot of those open up and we get lucky!! If not, we'll check it out during a lunch service (since that will be QS)

Thank You......I'm crossing everything that the IRS & the inheritance find their way to me in September....if not, we'll seriously have to consider cancelling. (which will kill me to do so......so much time, research & excitement have gone into it.....plus I won't get to see Derek if we don't go) :scared::crazy2::sad:

That stinks that you didn't get a resie at BOG. Keep trying, something might open up last minute. We've had that happen for Christmas Day dinner resies, and a day or two before it opened up!

DizNee Luver said:
Thanx everyone!! I'm getting a NEW laptop, the motherboard went out on the other one & it's cheaper for them to give me a new.....just have to have the $150 to pay for the hard drive save/external hard drive and be able to drive up to Salem all at the same time.....lol The laptop was under an extended warranty (totally worth it) but we were afraid it was the hard drive so we paid for them to recover everything they could on it. If we had known it was the motherboard and not the hard drive.....I could have saved myself the money.......but it wasn't worth chancing with all my pictures on it. :rolleyes1

Always better to be safe then sorry... My laptop died earlier this year and I think I didn't lose pictures but I am not sure... I do but them on the desktop so I am hoping. (It is just sitting upstairs DH wants to try to fix it himself when he has time) Praying your IRS money comes through.

That stinks that you didn't get a resie at BOG. Keep trying, something might open up last minute. We've had that happen for Christmas Day dinner resies, and a day or two before it opened up!

Something will open, I have faith.....just wish I had secured it after being up at 4am to do so......lol

Always better to be safe then sorry... My laptop died earlier this year and I think I didn't lose pictures but I am not sure... I do but them on the desktop so I am hoping. (It is just sitting upstairs DH wants to try to fix it himself when he has time) Praying your IRS money comes through.

The pictures were totally worth the $150.....just don't have extra money like that hanging around.....so until I can come up with it.....I go with out a laptop.

Thank You....we're hoping too!

Thank You......I'm crossing everything that the IRS & the inheritance find their way to me in September....if not, we'll seriously have to consider cancelling. (which will kill me to do so......so much time, research & excitement have gone into it.....plus I won't get to see Derek if we don't go) :scared::crazy2::sad:

I am praying everything comes through...but if it doesn't, please don't cancel...rebook for another date! It won't be December, but with all the hard work you've done (and do every day) you so deserve this trip! Postpone is a much nicer word than cancel...still...praying you will go as planned!! :goodvibes:grouphug:

I am praying everything comes through...but if it doesn't, please don't cancel...rebook for another date! It won't be December, but with all the hard work you've done (and do every day) you so deserve this trip! Postpone is a much nicer word than cancel...still...praying you will go as planned!! :goodvibes:grouphug:

Thanx Christine......ok, we'll have to postpone if they money doesn't get here soon!! ;)

I agree! Postpone, but don't cancel!You guys deserve this trip, even if it's a little later than planned. But I hope you don't have to change anything and still get to go at Christmas. :goodvibes

I agree with the others. Definitely don't cancel, just postpone it. You all deserve this trip and you have worked so hard for it :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter