Is it a bad sign for the vacation when you faint on the plane? COMPLETED!

Oh Heidi, I am so sorry for the way your trip went. :hug: I hope the huge red pen helped. That was nice of the waitress to do that with the dessert, we love dessert at 'Ohana.

I do think the red pen helped since we still had 4 more full days of vacation. We love all the food at 'Ohana's. I miss the maui potatoes, I tried the noodles that night but they were cold by the time I got to them.

I'm so sorry your dinner went so poorly. :( But, glad that you got to enjoy your dessert on the beach. :goodvibes We love to just hang out at the Poly beach. :thumbsup2

It was cold that night on the beach....but at least the ice cream didn't melt too fast!

Good job on making lemonade out of lemons in regards to your dessert on the beach. :goodvibes
Thanks....I just wished that we would have been able to explore more of the Poly grounds that night like I had wanted to. But I did get to see the rooms that open up to the pool on the ground level and decided that I wouldn't want to stay in one of those.....too exposed.

Oh, poor you and Liam! :hug: Raging hormones probably didn't help the situation any either. You did a great job on salvaging the the evening. :thumbsup2

Not being able to have a cocktail or two (or three) probably was worst than the hormones!

Heidi,

first some hugs and smiles are in order....

:goodvibes:hug::goodvibes:love::flower3::flower3::hug::goodvibes:goodvibes

I'm sorry to hear the whole story about your dog Bailey...I knew it happened but didn't realize how hard it really was and everything else going on.

sick and pregnant YUCK! I had the stomach flu in my first preg early on and of course naive I was so scared I was throwing up the babies

Liam was quite the snappy water waddler there....

and I love your Hawiian decked out Dudes!

O'Hana's oh man how terrible....I am so sorry what a major bummer of a disater. I would have almost cried too. Captian Cook's was what I was thinking too....glad you got your dessert and had some magic that night w/ watching Wishes from the beach. That was a favorite moment for us last year too.

OH NO!!!! Elvis you bad....

was it Stitch dressed as him :confused3

trying to make you laugh here....;)

Scarppie

"snappy water waddler" Loves it! I'll have to call Liam that is summer!

We actually didn't watch Wishes from the beach that night. It would have been Hallowishes that night and not until 9:30pm....it's was about 8pm when we got to the beach....our ADR was for 6:15pm.

I am sorry your dinner at Ohana didn't go well! I am glad you got to have your favorite dessert though! I hope the red pen helped the rest of the vacation go smoothly.

I do have to say though, that I appreciate that you're willing to write about it. The fact that you're sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly with me and all your loyal readers, well, it just means so much.
Well I didn't think that it would do anyone any good if I sugar coated this trip.

And as a mom of a four year old who currently hates loud noises, I am SO glad of your description of Ohana's. Because maybe I too need to learn from your experience and ask for a table away from the action. I would hate to have meltdown city on my hands and feel the way you did.

It never really crossed my mind that Liam would have this problem at 'Ohana's. But the noise volume goes up so quickly, I just think he didn't understand what was going to happen next. Your DS is old enough to understand what's happening if you explain it ahead of time to him.

Now, on a brighter note, I just have to say how adorable Liam and John are together. I love that they were in tropical shirts, and Liam is such a well dressed little boy. And don't you just breathe such a sigh of relief when he's all sacked out on a bed like that? :cloud9

I found that shirt for Liam at Macy for like $10 bucks....

Very well put. :thumbsup2

And I also meant to comment on how cute your two men looked in their shirts. :goodvibes

Thank you!

Oh Heidi... :hug::hug:

I'm glad you got to enjoy the fireworks on the beach - sounds like you needed it at that point. Sounds like you needed a drink too! (But of course that option was out!)

I will remember your lesson & CUT OUR LOSSES before things get worse! I'm sure there will be at least one opportunity for us to put this into practice during our trip. ;)

(And I'll remember to take the right tunnel - it is the right one, right?:confused3)

No fireworks that night and no drink either. I think the thing that really bummed me about that night was eating alone. Not to mention that the meal at 'Ohana's is one of my favorites. At least with our Chef Mickey's dinner that went hay-wire, Liam was able to come back to the table after the characters went on break.

My best advice would be to take 5 minutes to figure out a new game plan with your DH before anyone goes or does anything.

Oh, Heidi, I was so excited to see that you had updated, but what an update it turned out to be!!! :hug:
I think that's why it took me so long to write.

Before everything went south in a handbasket, your boys looked very stylish in their Hawaiian shirts.

Thank you!

I am glad that the waitress boxed up your dessert for you (it helped redeem her in my eyes over the maraca incident), and you were able to enjoy it on the beach.

I felt the same way about the waitress.

Heidi I'm so sorry about the dinner. I've always gotten put right next to the firepit and it's always so loud there.

You are entirely right about the female entertainer too. My mother and I couldn't stop laughing on our last trip at her. Between the overly sachrinely sweet voice, and the ridiculously high wooden heels that she was teetering around on barely able to walk we couldn't stop giggling. My first time at Ohanas we had the guy and he was much better. She was a complete caracature.

I love your review of the entertainment! I'm sure the kids don't care and seem to have fun with her. But she seems so fake.....which is odd because I'm sure she really is from Hawaii. I guess she's been in Orlando too long!

I am sorry your dinner at Ohana didn't go well! I am glad you got to have your favorite dessert though! I hope the red pen helped the rest of the vacation go smoothly.

The red pen helped a lot....but it didn't cure everything :rolleyes1

Hi there!
I was a few updates behind - I'm so sorry to hear about your Bailey and that crazy, crazy week! I am glad you are all feeling better now. :hug:

Liam looks ADORABLE at the pool-major cuteness! I love the bucket hat. Henry's head is huuuuuuuuuge, so many kid hats have never fit him (you might remember me mentioning that on my TRs). He usually ends up with a "big boy" hat - if he will even leave one on! :laughing:

Sorry to hear about the craziness at Ohana. We had the female performer as well, I laughed at your description of her-pretty accurate! Very over the top and very done up. Plasticy. I figured she was supposed to be like that-just uber cheesy or something, but we've only been there once, so now I'm assuming the male performer is more normal, eh?

That is VERY sweet of your server to box up the dessert! I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy it.

The pic of Liam crashed out on the bed is adorable. :cutie:

Sorry to hear about the craziness at Ohana. We had the female performer as well, I laughed at your description of her-pretty accurate! Very over the top and very done up. Plasticy. I figured she was supposed to be like that-just uber cheesy or something, but we've only been there once, so now I'm assuming the male performer is more normal, eh?

The male performer was a bit like Don Ho. Slightly cheesy but in a good way. Not plasticy, and he didn't seem phony. Cheesy only because he reminded me of Don Ho. He might of even sang Tiny Bubbles.

Hi there!
I was a few updates behind - I'm so sorry to hear about your Bailey and that crazy, crazy week! I am glad you are all feeling better now. :hug:

Liam looks ADORABLE at the pool-major cuteness! I love the bucket hat. Henry's head is huuuuuuuuuge, so many kid hats have never fit him (you might remember me mentioning that on my TRs). He usually ends up with a "big boy" hat - if he will even leave one on! :laughing:
The sickness was gone by the end of that weekend. We didn't go out and wouldn't let anyone in the house so we didn't keep passing it around. My parents went to the supermarket for us and I made them leave the food in the garage so they didn't get sick!

Babybanz.com has get bucket hats for kids....SPF 50.

The male performer was a bit like Don Ho. Slightly cheesy but in a good way. Not plasticy, and he didn't seem phony. Cheesy only because he reminded me of Don Ho. He might of even sang Tiny Bubbles.

Too funny because I was going to write the exact same thing about Don Ho!

Do you ever freak out when you see your Ticker? I did today....24 days until I have an infant and an almost 2 yr old to take care of :scared1:

Sorry to hear about your bad dinner. Liam looked so cute in his Hawaiian shirt. How exciting about the baby, it is so close now.

1030057.jpg

'Lil Stinker!!

This is why the Lord made them so cute and cuddly when they're little... :rolleyes1

Sorry he gave you such a hard time at `Ohana, but at least you all got to eat desert together!

Kathy

so sorry your trip wasn't turning out how you hoped it would. How cute is he lying there though? Makes you forget the trouble they are eh?

Hope your red pen changes turn things around for you.

I know what you mean about DH taking him away from a situation too fast. Its hard for them to get used to this type of thing if they are always taken straight away.
I sometimes think that if kids cry at something and you whip them away you are reaffirming that there is a reason to cry. Kind of like - i don't like this - oh Daddy is taking me away so I was right - it must be bad afterall. Not well explained but you see what I mean.

So hard to find a middle ground though isn't it?

Not nice to hear you were choking back the tears in Ohanas. :hug: Happened to me once when DH and I went just after we got married. we were supposed to go with his best man and his girlfriend but then they broke up so he brought a friend (another guy). DH was great but dragging those 2 round was a nightmare (didn't much like his best man at the best of times). We were at AK and I really wanted to see Festival of the Lion King for the first time. They made it clear they really didn't but instead of doing something else they came too and sulked like 2 year olds. I remember very clearly sitting there fighting tears wishing it was all so different and it was just DH and I. You should never feel like that at Disney!

Can't wait to hear about what happened next.

Oh, and Happy Easter!!!!

Oh dear. I fell horribly behind again. :flower3: But I will say that it is nice to get all caught up in one concentrated bit of an afternoon!

Glad you enjoyed Beaches 'n Cream (other than the onion rings!). You got some great shots of the Boardwalk area and Crescent Lake. I'm still bummed we were there at the same time and didn't know it to meet. I wonder if we passed eachother? Can't believe so many kitchen sinks were ordered while you were there... who can actually eat those??? :confused3

Good for you rallying after the vomit incident! You got some great deals at Downtown Disney. ::yes::

I am so very, very sorry about your dog, Bailey. I know how heartbreaking that is. :hug::hug:

Oy on the O'Hana dinner. I've heard that the entertainer there is not so good. So sorry Liam was afraid. And what was your waitress thinking with the maraca?? But as Jackie said, she redeemed herself with the dessert on the beach concept.

Your ticker says 21 days 'til baby! :yay::yay::yay: :hug::hug::hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter