Invasion of the Bushwackers>>>>FINALLY, another update...8/11

Do I Really Want to Dress Like Jack Sparrow>>>>How Much Fud Can We Eat in One Week?

It’s time to start thinking about ADR’s. Hmmmmmm. We did not have any last year but suffered on a couple of them so we wanted to make sure we made ressies for those that we had trouble with. First one I want to make is WCC. Last year we could only get one @ 9:30 pm and we are not what you would call “night owls”. I also learned that Sat. night is the best night to go. So I called to get a ressie for around 6:00 or 7:00 and the lady tells me that she heard that Disney MAY extend the PPP into Feb so we might want an earlier time so we would have time to get back to the MK (if we wanted to do that). I said, “what the heck” let’s do it. We have a 5:10 time. I will take that one. I love the “all you can eat" MEAT at your table. **quick insert from last trip** DW did not want the all you can eat meat pit, she wanted her own steak cooked the way she wants it (tell the cook, when you think it’s burnt cook it some more). When the very friendly wait staff came by the table to pick up the dishes and asked DW “would you like me to take that for you?" DW, yes, thank you. Friendly waitstaff person: UH,,,I can’t help but notice that you did not finish your veggies. DW,,, yes mam that is correct. Friendly waitstaff person…I would hate to see you walking around the restaurant flapping your arms like a chicken saying “I didn’t eat all my greens, I didn't eat all my greens”………would you like me to leave you plate for now and come back in a minute? DW…..UHHH, yes please. As soon as the friendly waitstaff person left the table DW stuck a fork in the broccoli and shoved towards me, “here eat this”. **nuff reminisin' back to this year** OK, I will take the 5:10, thank you. 1 down and umpteen million to go. Not positive about the PPP but that is not a bad time. Next:

Another ressie that is a must is Breakfast @the Castle with Cinderella. We love the idea of the a buffet brought to the table (see a trend here?). DD loves all the princess that come around to the tables for autographs and pictures. I learned last year that, with a ressie @ the castle you can get in the park before everyone else. :cool1: The food was gud, the service was typical Disney and the inside of the castle was like nothing I expected. And for DD it was really like a “Dream Come True”. Disney=dreamy

A little story about last trip:
On our last trip we got into the park about 30 minutes B4 our ressie time and had to wait on the rest of our party. While waiting on everyone else we were leaning against the rope looking at Tinks treasures hoping to be able to get in and wake her up. Well the rest of our party called and said that they were about to leave their room (@ BWV) and would be headed to Castle ASAP. We are still watching for Tink’s treasures to open. I turn and look back down Main Street and guess what I see? A HERD of cattle headed for the Castle, and I am still behind a rope. :scared1: Oh no, they are going to go around the castle and get in there before we can get past the rope. DD says “daddy what do we do”? We anxiously turn and look at the treasures and finally I see someone open the doors. The CM looks at us (behind a rope) and starts waving her arm (come here, come here). We hurdle the rope like relay racers in a made dash for the gold. DD & DW are half way through the door before I pick myself up off the ground and check for any blood or protruding bones, none, gud. :thumbsup2 No need to call the medics or get Air-Med enroute, I’ll be alright. Now, look around to see if any body saw my stunt, whew, no-one laughing, that I can see anyway. I finally catch up with them, hoping they don't notice my lymp. DW “what took you so long”? “I had to secure the rope back after I went around it”. :rolleyes1 She was ok with that. The CM said she saw us standing BEHIND the rope, waiting patiently, and could not let us NOT get in to wake up Tink. :tinker: CM=gud

Back to ADR’s.
We are going to pay for this on OOP so we don’t have to use 2 TS credits off DP. Again, we want to avoid the crowds so we decide to pick a day that we think will be low crowds. Can’t do Sat (1st full day and will have a late night (maybe) with PPP. Sunday, no-way, incase of a late night with PPP. Monday is supposed to be a high crowd day according to UG book. So… Let’s try Tuesday, yeah that’s the ticket. Call to get a ressie for 6 lunatics. I did not call at the 180 day mark. I did not think I needed call soo early since it was Jan and no large crowds, right??? Wrong!!! :worried: Nothing available, all booked. Aw MAN! Ok, how about Wed? Nope! :mad: No table for 6. Thursday??? Nope! You should have called sooner. :furious: Ok, do you have 2 tables close together? I was finally able to reserve 2 tables instead of 1, on Wed morning. :goodvibes Oh well, they will be close together, I hope.

Next on the list of must do’s is the Coral Reef. I've heard mixed reviews about the food but the “special service” :fish: is the main reason I want this one. Plus DW LOVES seafood (I think she wuz a shark in a previous life). :duck: I am attempting to spread these first few ADR’s out as to not crowd them together at first. Really, I don’t know what kind of system I am using, it just sounds good as long as I am not at the same park too much. That being said, I shoot for Monday evening at 7:00. That way we will still have time to catch Illuminations. I call and the closest thing I can get is at 7:50. Not bad. If we scarf down the grubb we may still have a shot at the show. Then I call the manager to get some “special” request :ssst: and talk to Debbi (she is cool), give her the ADR number and time of ressies. She said she would work on it for me. I, of course, said PLEASE. Debbi sent me an email the next day that said she would only be able to handle my “special” request if I could change my ressie time from 7:50 to 7:00. WaaHoo, no more indigestion. Bye-Bye Pepto. Debbi=gud. :love: I email back to her, “if that is all you have, that will do”. :rolleyes1 So that one is done.

Enough of the ADR’s for now. I can only do sooo much at once, with the busy schedule I am tring to keep.

DVC sends out this email alert that disney’s PPP is soooooo popular, that they have decided to extend it into early 2008. WOW, what a surprise, I thought. I wonder if DD would like this. On top of that there is and “early bird” special. I ask clean lady if she would like for us to do that. “I am not staying out that late”, she informs me. Ok fine. I ask DD if she wants it, and show her all the pics on the puter. YEA, daddy, let’s do it. :love2: Ok. We find out that “lil-man” & Big Guy are going to join in on the fun while the wimps go back to the room (I found out later they are headed to DTD). :mad: I called and got the tickets without any problems. No changing dates or times. How did that happen?

Quatam Leap forward: :teleport: DW (clean lady) heard that there is a sale @ the Disney Stores so she goes online to check it out. :surfweb: I told her to find me a Pirate hat to “look” like a pirate. Well, she calls me to tell me that she found “something”. It is the WHOLE Jack Sparrow costume. Vest, pants, bandana with dreadlocks, eye patch and oh yea, a HAT. pirate: She also informs me that DD saw it and can’t wait for her “daddy” to look like a pirate while she is in her princess dress. At this time DD gets on the phone and says “daddy you are going to look soooo cool in that. You can guess what I said………. OK sweety. Daddy loves you. Let me talk to your momma! It is at this time I learn that I will need to stop by the Disney store in the mall to pick it up. They only have one left in my size and it is being held for me. Boy it sure fells good to be the MAN OF THE HOUSE. :rolleyes:

Here are some pix from last trip:

On our way to breakfast with DD's friend last year:
KymiKacyCastlesm.jpg

Turn me into a princess:
KymiBfastcastleysm.jpg

I love autographs......and fingers too:
KymiKacyAutosm.jpg

WAKE UP TINK: come on already
WakingTink1sm.jpg

This is what we have so far>>>
Friday… arrive early afternoon and do what ever comes natural
Saturday…5:10 ADR @ WCC
…7:00 PPP @ MK while wimps are @DTD
Monday…7:00 @ The Coral Reef
…9:00 Illuminations
Wednesday…8:55 Breakfast with Cinderella
Friday (2/1)..Leave WDW & head back to reality.

UP NEXT>>>>>>>>>SURPRISE, A NEW ADDITION<<<<<<<<<<

Now, look around to see if any body saw my stunt, whew, no-one laughing, that I can see anyway.

No Way, that was YOU!!!! :confused3

j/k...:rotfl2:

We have done Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinner at WCC and enjoyed ever meal we had.

At lunch the server found out that my DW and I were celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary, so he made us stand made an announcement to the other guests, then after a round of applause he informed us that we had to kiss for 17 seconds one for every year of our marriage.

Now kissing my DW sounded like a good deal, even if for only 17 seconds...:cool1:

Do you have any idea how long 17 seconds is when you are in front of a 100 people yelling and screaming!!...:scared1:

Moral of the story do not devulge to much while at WCC, it may come back to haunt you...:scared:

Okay, I can't wait to hear more about the "special request" at Coral Reef.
They are too cool! :woohoo:

Invasions of the Bushwackers >>>>title subject to change

Hello fellow Disney fanatics. This is my first attempt at a report so wish me luck. :scared: Here is my story.

The reason for the title is because this trip will consist of 8 goofs, all of who live in a community in southeast Louisiana known as “Bush, LA” hence BUSHwackers. :upsidedow This team consist of 6 grown-ups, some of who (like yours truly) refused to grow up and two little ones. Might be a reason we love Disney as much as we do.

I guess I should attempt to introduce you to the Bushwhacker team. Ok, let’s start with me, y-knot, this is my report so I make the rules, rite? :worship: I am David (how original were my parents):hippie: and I am 41, and like I said, refuse to grow up. I made 4 trips to the world as a youngster beginning in ’73 at the age of 7 and the last time in 85 at the age of 18. In ’85 Epcot was still new but I did not go to Epcot. We had too much fun at the MK in the few days that we were there we did not feel the urge to go see a “world’s fair”,:teacher: after all, we just saw one in ’84 in New Orleans. The thing I think I miss most is 20,000 leagues under the sea. Enough about me, for now, more to come later.

DW, who is much, much older than I (she robbed the cradle) is 42. She is mother of two (DD23 & DD8) and works a “fulltime job”, in which she does not allow me to forget. :rolleyes1 Really, she is a very hard working medical professional and is a kinda neat freak. She is supper organized. When we are on vacation she is the one that will COMPLETELY unpack the suitcases and put all the clothes in the dressers and hang the “hang-ups” in the so called resort closet,:laundy: me on the other hand, will be happy living out of the suit case with the dirty clothes lying on the floor in the corner of the bathroom. :crazy2: Last Jan was her first ever trip to the world. I really loved watching her walk down Main Street USA the first afternoon we arrived. When we got to the castle I asked her what she thought. The only thing she said is that it was not what she was expecting. I asked her what she expected, an amusement park? She replied…..”UHH……. I guess so.” :confused3 I had attempted to talk her into DVC when we booked that trip but she kept saying she did not think she would want to vacation at Disney THAT much. Needless to say, we bought into DVC by May and she is already talking about adding more points soon. Woohoo, she is hooked.:banana: :banana: :banana: The closer we get to our trip this year, she is getting more and more excited. She is already packed and it is still 12 days out. More to come on my “cleaning-beauty bride”

The youngest of our part of the clan is DD8. She is definitely a “daddy’s girl”! She was born about 22 months POST – vasectomy. After a quick trip back to the doctor’s office, I found out that, in fact, I was not “shooting blanks”.:scared1: The entire time DW was pregnant we referred to the baby as the “miracle baby”. This was early summer 1999 so I kept telling DW she was going to have the “miracle baby” as the "millennium baby". Well….our “miracle babe” was born on Christmas day. :santa: I took that as a sign that we were meant to have this blessing. She, too, went to Disney for the first time last year. I think I had more fun with her and her mom than they had themselves. :yay: Here is a pic of DD8 shortly after we arrived at, then, MGM.
image27med.jpg
[/IMG]
Up next>>>More of the Bushwackers

That picture is fabulous!!

Hey David! (my brothers name too!) :goodvibes Followed you over from Buzzes,,wasnt he the one who talked you into this? where is he? :confused3 hmm...o-well,,,I`m here...:banana: Sounds like this is going to be a fun trip!
We`ve been 3 times, 05,06,07. but with just my Hubby and 3 kids,, We have talked about going with friends, but I`m not sure I would like it because of worrying about what everyone else wants to do, or go where, So this will be interesting. O.K So I know that one couple is your BIL and SIL,, I`m not sure who Big Guy and Stacgirl are,,Friends of yours? just so I can get a picture,,,
You will enjoy your surprise at Coral Reef,,I did it for my 40th birthday trip in Sept, I call it my "trip" and not my birthday because my b-day isnt till the end of Oct, but nobody knew that,,,anywhoo,,,it was fun,,I almost missed it because my DD 4 had to go potty! I sent my 14yo son with her and he came while they were in the bathroom! whew!!
And the picture of your DD at MGM is adorable! I remember it from the Pic of the day thread a few days ago,,,,

:confused3 I was hoping that Buzz would stop in but you know he is on injured reserve (IR) with that HUGE razor accident and all. I guess his DISing is limited for now.:sad2:
Sorry about the confusion with our crew. Let me see if I can do a little better this time. :teacher: Big Guy and Stacgirl are very close friends of ours & neighbors too. Lil-bit and her DH are BIL & SIL to them (Big Guy & Stacgirl). I guess that makes us the odd ones out, kinda, but we are like family with them so it is cool. :confused3
It is our first time with friend too but we hang out together (mostly eating each other's food). It should be a lot of fun.
I am attempting to do this PTR and I hope to attempt some LIVE updates when we are at our HAPPY PLACE. I am not sure about the internet availability issue at the resorts (fingers crossed).
Thanks about the pic. I am just learning how to use photobucket and that one is my favorite one of her. I have a bunch of her. She seems to light up (show-off) for the camera, but is very shy when other people are around.

I'm here you lucky guy you. I'm as gud as Buzz, if not better! :snooty: Your DD in that first photo is absolutely beautiful! I'm actually looking forward to your actual trip ... but I'll go along for this ride ... popcorn::

I'm here you lucky guy you. I'm as gud as Buzz, if not better! :snooty: Your DD in that first photo is absolutely beautiful! I'm actually looking forward to your actual trip ... but I'll go along for this ride ... popcorn::

I'm here too and I'm the bestest :teeth:

LIke DM said, your DD is adorable :goodvibes

I'm on board too!

I am here too. I followed carrie over from Buzz's. Sounds like you guys are going to have great fun. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Quatam Leap forward: :teleport: DW (clean lady) heard that there is a sale @ the Disney Stores so she goes online to check it out. :surfweb: I told her to find me a Pirate hat to “look” like a pirate. Well, she calls me to tell me that she found “something”. It is the WHOLE Jack Sparrow costume. Vest, pants, bandana with dreadlocks, eye patch and oh yea, a HAT. pirate: She also informs me that DD saw it and can’t wait for her “daddy” to look like a pirate while she is in her princess dress. At this time DD gets on the phone and says “daddy you are going to look soooo cool in that. You can guess what I said………. OK sweety. Daddy loves you. Let me talk to your momma! It is at this time I learn that I will need to stop by the Disney store in the mall to pick it up. They only have one left in my size and it is being held for me. Boy it sure fells good to be the MAN OF THE HOUSE. :rolleyes:

Oh, we will definitely need pictures of this:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter