Introduce Yourselves!

MickeyDee said:
Just had to chime in here...Oh, I am QUITE the Winslet fan, myself. I'm still waiting for Rachel Weisz to grow on my however, despite her resemblance to Kate. hehe

Ha! Well one cannot really compare The Mummy 2 to Heavenly Creatures. Hopefully Rachel will start getting more, ahem, substancial parts.

Just read your other post where you mention Sleater Kinney. I was a huge fan as well. I even lived in Olympia WA for three years!

Okay...I finally got over here to introduce myself. My name is Kris and I'm a straight 40 yo female married for 14 years to a wonderful man(Todd). We are the parents to 3 beautiful DD's(the oldest is from my first marriage, but has been practically raised by Todd) who range in age from 2 to 16.
I am a very open-minded individual and I frequent this forum because, as another poster mentioned, I really like the people!
I am a former Ophthalmology Tech who is now a SAHM and an on and off nursing student(RN, BSN). DH works for Daimler Chrysler and may go back to school someday to become a teacher. He's also into Demolitions derbies and is as open-minded as I am.
We are big Disney lovers around here, except for my 16yo, who thinks there are better things in life(she loves it, just won't admit to it). Epcot is our favorite park and my youngest DD knew all the Disney Princess names before she was 2. RnRC is my favorite ride.

I have enjoyed reading about all of you!

Storm Tigger -
Maybe we'll cross paths in December! DH, DS and I will be doing the "quick & cheap" tour Dec. 2-5! We got a nasty letter from the truancy board for taking DS out for 4 days in October, so we have to be sly about taking him out again. We really want to see WDW at the holidays, so we figure quick & cheap is better than "not at all". Our big trip this year is in August with my dear friend and his partner of 10 years. DH will get his 2007 vacation assignment the Monday after Thanksgiving, so we don't want to do a huge trip in December in case we end up going early in '07. :)

Pete -
Can't thank you enough for the boards! I think the G/L forum was a terrific idea and everyone seems to be enjoying it! :thumbsup2

WebmasterPete said:
Well, I know I introduced myself on an earlier thread, but the board seems to have grown a bit in the last few months :)

For those who don't know me, I'm Pete Werner, and I live in Orlando with my partner of 4 years, Walter. I started the DIS back in June of 1997 - safe to say it's grown a little since then :) My full time job is making sure you people don't kill each other, while Walter works in the law enforcement field. Hobbies include video games (haven't touched anything else since getting my 360 - gamertag is MrChips), working on my house (I've become quite the little domestic in the last few years), and cooking (particularly baking - I find it VERY relaxing and my chocolate cake will kill you).

I'm really glad to see so many people visiting this forum. I took some crap from people about it, but that only serves to deepen my conviction :)

Pete

OMG! The creator of Dis is "family"!! :thumbsup2 :yay:

Sorry Ole Mighty Webmaster :worship: must have missed your intro's before, but I think this just made my morning. :woohoo: You could actually kill me w/ chocolate cake! (please do! StormTigger loves chocolate cake!)

I can't imagine all the crap you must have taken cuz of this forum but thank you much for all your work :surfweb: , patience :hourglass , and bravery :duck:. You be da greatest in my book! :cheer2:

( :lmao: - me... this is almost too funny in some cases)

Valentine said:
And to further contest the stereotypical grids.. although I am single.. I do not troll the bars and take home various partners either! LOL!! So, I really wonder where they get this crap!

First, the stereotype is about gay men, not lesbians. :) Second, while there are clearly many people that do not fit this picture, you cannot seriously tell me that you (everyone one on here) do not have friends or acquaintances that fit that image! It seems that most of us on here are older and more settled. While I am not a regular at bars and clubs, I have quite a few (mostly younger) friends that are.

This image is primarily fostered because people who do fit it are also most easily identified as gay. The monogamously coupled fireman or policeman is not noticed by most straight people simply because without real personal interaction, there is no way for them to know he or she even exists.

/carmi

Wow, neat thread. It's nice learning a little more about all of you. I guess it's my turn now.

I am Maggie (38) and I my partner is Gabby (32). We met on the net almost 7 years ago. We celebrate our anniversary on the day that I proposed to her. So, we have been engaged now for 6-1/2 years. I am waiting for my country's laws to catch up with the reality of the world that we live in....luckily, I am pretty patient about such things.

We have 4 Chihuahuas. Deuce, who has Epilepsy; Beanie, who has a bad heart; Perdita, who has ADHD....not officially diagnosed, but it's so freakin' obvious; and our newest baby that was named before we got her.....Cinderella, who is trying really hard to get the whole housebreaking thing down pat. We have 4 cats. BC (Black Cat) was our first pet. We saved her from the garden department at Home Depot. George is our gay kitty. I have never met a prissier cat and he is such a momma's boy. Cha-Cha is quite possibly my favorite pet. He is just the sweetest cat and is just the most beautiful blue color. Arwen is our tiniest cat and the most adept hunter. Cha-Cha saw her wandering around alone in our old apartment complex and brought her home with him for us to care for. Arwen and Cha-Cha are closer to one another than any of our other animals are....it's very sweet. Finally, we have one hamster, Chip. Chip is the sweetest hamster that either of us has ever owned. He loves his excerise ball and dried peaches.

Ok, now that the herd has been covered. :rolleyes1 Gabby works for a software company that services physicians offices providing billing and electronic medical records. She travels 4-5 days a week now. We are still adjusting to her being gone most of the time. It just makes us focus with the time that we do have to spend with one another. Gabby has worked a variety of jobs since we first met. She is constantly in search of the perfect job. I don't know that she will ever find the job that she truly has a passion for and will not become bored with, but I can dream. I work for a pediatic medical office. I have been with the same office for almost 11 years. I love what I do, but as with any job, sometimes it's the coworkers that will drive you bonkers.

Gabby and I bought our first home together just over a year ago. It's a 1974 split level brick ranch. It's on a nice 1/2 acre lot that backs up to woods that are not zoned for development. So, our cats have a safe home. We occasionally have deer, fox, and raccoons in our backyard and the trees are filled with lots of beautiful birds. While the interior of the home is an ongoing project, it's so nice having a home of our own instead of an apartment.

Gabby and I both have Ranger pickup trucks. She has the big tires and dreams of adding a 3 inch lift kit. I am happy to have mine as is, with a few meaningful stickers....like Stitch and a rainbow Mickey head.

Gabby being a Florida grrl, has been to WDW many, many times....like close to 80. She has even been to DL, but it was before DCA came along. I have never been to DL, but I have been to WDW about 8 times now. The last 4 times have been with Gabby...the last being in December of last year. We have plans on being there again in late October/early November of 2007, to celebrate my 40th birthday.

And, in case you haven't seen my signature, our favorite charity is Bert's Big Adventure. It's a local charity that I can't say enough good things about. Gabby and I have collected pins and lanyards from folks from all over the world over the last 3 years in order to provide all the kids with a special souvenier and the ability to pin trade. Anyone that wants more information about the pins and lanyards project, please email me.

Ok, I guess that's more than most of you ever wanted to know, but I am pretty much an open book. Maggie

I was kind of hurried when I posted last so I will go more indepth...LOL

I'm Tina, and my g/f is Diane. I will be turning 30 this year (and we won't go into her age b/c she'll kill me...LOL) We are HUGE Dis Nuts (me probably more so than her although she was the one that suggested WDW for my birthday present which shocked me)

Our herd consists of 2 Westies and a Lab. Roxie and Lucky are the Westies and Casey is the lab. They are all a handful, and Roxie just got fixed so she is being ultra winey this weekend. We live in house in OK. Being from FL it took a little adjustment but I love it here and I don't have to deal with the darn FL traffic...LOL

I'm an Insurance agent and she (as she puts it) watches TV for a living. She is the one who makes sure you guys out there get to see all the live feeds from breaking new, and makes sure all the sports stuff is wired to the networks. Without what she does no one would see the Superbowl...LOL

I've been to WDW more times than I could possbly care to count and she's been twice. She loves it (and sometimes I think I created a monster especially with the amount of souvies she ends up bringing back with her) I thought my pin trading was a bit extreme until we went together. LOL

So now it's just a matter of waiting it out and planning planning planning for our next trip.

Nice meeting y'all, and very cool of Pete to post. I had no idea he was family! :banana:

WebmasterPete said:
I'm really glad to see so many people visiting this forum. I took some crap from people about it, but that only serves to deepen my conviction :)
Pete
Pete -- Thanks so much for making this forum happen. As you've already seen it is a safe space for people to just be who they are. There was a line from another post of yours that is still stuck with me (for good or bad)

"Walter....my wife's name is WALTER" :rotfl2:

Thanks again.

SeattleRedBear said:
Pete -- Thanks so much for making this forum happen. As you've already seen it is a safe space for people to just be who they are. There was a line from another post of yours that is still stuck with me (for good or bad)

"Walter....my wife's name is WALTER" :rotfl2:

Thanks again.

OMG - that's hysterical!

WebmasterPete said:

Pete

Pete, you are a stand-up guy. Thank you for all you do for everyone here, and for courageously acting on your convictions. :love: The gay-straight solidarity on this board is a beautiful counterpoint to the all-too-unapologetic homophobia on the Community Board. It is not surprising that you caught some flak for creating this forum.

Now, on a tasteless note, I must ask whether "tag fairy" is an inside joke.

Mama Twinkles said:
...but I've been thinking that all of us on this board should really think about a WDW meet to celebrate our collective gayness and CSP-ness. I'm serious. Our own mini Gay Day with raiments in a more fetching color than red, preferably with glitter and rhinestones.
Well, I don't know if all of us would go for the glitter and rhinestones (I stand out in a crowd anyway, but it's great for those who want to feel 'pretty' (do I feel a Broadway thread coming on again?) but I would LOVE for the color to be something other than RED! Redheads (and former redheads :teeth: ) do not look good in most of the reds that are used in clothing. I know it makes sense from a visibility perspective, but I'm in complete agreement with you...would a second event (with a different color and during a more sensible time of the year) really be out of the question? :confused3

WebmasterPete said:

Pete

Thanks for your Conviction!! We ALL appreciate it.. and Everything you do!!

Kathy

SeattleRedBear said:
Well, I don't know if all of us would go for the glitter and rhinestones (I stand out in a crowd anyway, but it's great for those who want to feel 'pretty' (do I feel a Broadway thread coming on again?) but I would LOVE for the color to be something other than RED! Redheads (and former redheads :teeth: ) do not look good in most of the reds that are used in clothing. I know it makes sense from a visibility perspective, but I'm in complete agreement with you...would a second event (with a different color and during a more sensible time of the year) really be out of the question? :confused3

Maybe the shirts could have two Prince Charmings or two Cinderellas (in fabulous and sensible riding boots, of course) astride a besequined horse, all in a tasteful, ultramoderne palette suited to any skin or hair tone.

I think a meet in late Nov. 2007 (right after T'Giving weekend) might be nice in terms of weather, crowds, decorations and time left to save and collectively clear schedules for trip.

Mama Twinkles said:
I think a meet in late Nov. 2007 (right after T'Giving weekend) might be nice in terms of weather, crowds, decorations and time left to save and collectively clear schedules for trip.
You don't have to ask us twice!! We're in :thumbsup2

We went the week after Thanksgiving last year, and it was great. The weather was beautiful (cool at night but not bad), and the crowds were minimal.

PennyW said:
You don't have to ask us twice!! We're in :thumbsup2

We went the week after Thanksgiving last year, and it was great. The weather was beautiful (cool at night but not bad), and the crowds were minimal.

How exciting! Maybe this can really happen.

A few ideas for a gay (and allies) old time: A fireworks cruise, a private safari, b'fast at Crystal Palace, an evening at Jellyrolls, lunch at Prime Time.

Hi,
I'm Donna & I just celebrated 40 at DL last week with my D? (D woman I see occasionally who doesn't want to label the relationship (women @#!!!), didn't know how to abbreviate).
I live in Chicago with a friend whom I own the house with. I work at a university in the finance department & am working on getting my CPA so I can move to sunny FL. In addition to WDW I have family there. I have a cat Emily and a Parrot Disney (who loves to dance to the Tiki room theme).
I love Scuba diving and travel (although oddly enough most trips end up at one Disney park or another ;) ).
My family will most likely be at WDW around Thanksgiving so I'd be in for a meet.

Mama Twinkles said:
How exciting! Maybe this can really happen.

A few ideas for a gay (and allies) old time: A fireworks cruise, a private safari, b'fast at Crystal Palace, an evening at Jellyrolls, lunch at Prime Time.

I would be happy to host a BBQ at my place in Winter Garden, or depending on how much people want to spend, could arrange a special lunch or dinner at either Emeril's Tchoup Chop or Emeril's Orlando.

/carmi

majortom said:
I would be happy to host a BBQ at my place in Winter Garden, or depending on how much people want to spend, could arrange a special lunch or dinner at either Emeril's Tchoup Chop or Emeril's Orlando.

/carmi

What a generous offer! I think I'll start a fresh thread on the the topic of a meet so as not to overshadow the purpose of this introductions thread.

Hello There!

My name is David and i'm a 22 year old student in sexy leicester but originally i'm from a place called Solihull - don't worry i don't know where it is either - my lovely boyfriend is called Mark and he's 24 and from leicester but has since got himself a Job in London and so works down there from monday to friday and comes home to me at weekends not ideal but neccesary till i move down when i graduate or if i get a job here in leicester he'll move back.

I study interactive design i won't explain cus you'll sleep! but it's cool and hopefully will get me Joe Rhode's job sometime or another! i also work at the lovely National Space Centre as Space Crew it's good but definately not a long term thing! (unless they let me redesign the whole place!)

I'm a big disney geek and am slowly indoctrinating my lovely boy into the mousekateers! he's got a very cool job and works so so hard to keep me in nice DVDs!! (and to pay for our holiday!! hehe!) he teaches health and drug education and sexual health and parenting and healthy eating and everything else that they ask him to do! he's great and works with a lovely Giraffe called Harold!

I am also a member of an improvisational group called Bachaman Turner Improvise so if any of you find yourselves in Leicester come and laugh at me!

anyway i've rambled for aggggeeess! but ishall be posting more now my laptop is back up and running (so much better to post in bed!)

Kisses and a new series of Green Wing
David
not sleeping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter