Introduce Yourselves!

I like to travel, read, watch plays and movies, scuba dive and play/watch soccer (go Manchester United!). I also like good restaurants and will go most anywhere for a good party or a great meal.

Come on you reds!

Things I can't live without right now are my iPod and my DVR. Current television faves include: The Office, Lost, Desperate Housewives, American Idol, 24 (but I'm only on season 1 - thank god for dvd's!). Current (and all-time) music faves include: The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Keane, Jack Johnson, Indigo Girls, REM, Sarah McLachlan, U2, Dave Matthews and my '80s playlists.

Mate, you and I have VERY similar tastes in music and I think I would now die without my ipod video, DP thinks I love it more than her!

Mike here.

DH and I live here in Orlando, have been together 12 years, and currently have three cats.

What's wrong witht this thread? According to Cal Thomas we're all single, go to bars every night, bring home mutiple partners, and are very unstable. People on this thread are mostly stable, in committed relationship, and some of us even have jobs and kids! WOW Are we out of whack or is the Right Wing out of touch? ? ?

The right wing is soooo out of touch! My straight friends all say Ava and I are the most stable/settled/whatever couple they know... often including their own parents! :rotfl:

Hi everyone :wave2: This is really an enjoyable thread. It's great to get to know something about the people we correspond with!

My name is Penny and my partner is Linda. We met at work five years ago, and have been together as a couple 4 1/2 years. I'm in accounting (snooze) and Linda is an Account Manager for a large commercial printing company.

We live about 20 minutes north of Atlanta, and have 2 German Shorthaired Pointers (see the terrors below), Kylie and Senna.

Our first trip to WDW together was last year, the week after Thanksgiving. We were fortunate to be able to meet up with DIS friends (yay Rose and Crown!) Viki, Gwen, their kids, Sue, Brenda and Traci. Brenda and Traci predicted that we'd make another trip this May - and they were right. I talked Linda into an early birthday trip for me :)

We both are addicted to Tower of Terror. Oh, and the margaritas at EPCOT. Also can't wait to check out Expedition Everest.

Things that make life good ... giving Linda big hugs every day, playing with our dogs, spending time with my Mom, motoring in my MINI, going to the movies, and weekends.

What a nice group of people we have on this board! :grouphug:

Hi, more of lurker than active poster but I thought I'd introduce myself anyway.

My name is Don (46), my partner is Sam (36). I'm an IT guy and currently Sam is employment challenged (but he's trying hard to rectify that - just how many Microbiolgists jobs are there out there?). Sam has never been to Disneyworld and is not sure he'll enjoy the rides but is willing to go if I really want to.

We currently share a nice 2 bedroom condo in Toronto and are building our life together. No pets, my dog (15+ years my companion and friend) passed way last May and I have no desire to replace him.

All my life I wanted to go to Disneyworld (well not all my life it wasn't opened for all my life). I made a promise to myself that I would go before I was 18, then 25, then 30. For my 35th birthday, I bought a last minute trip and stayed off site and my love affair truly began.

For the next 10 years, I kept up the affair with at least yearly visits (sometimes more often than that). Mostly traveling alone, or with friends, as I was single a long time. As such I had looked for resources for single disney fans. I found this board (the Solo and Adult section) and a few other places.

I decided to build my own site for single disney fans. Single or just married to a non-disney fan, it was meant to be a resource for the single traveller in general but the single disney travel specifically.

Then I met Sam. And well, my little site is more or less stillborn. Yet I may still revive it.

Sam is in the process of becoming a Canadian citizen, we're waiting for him to get that before we travel outside of Canada again. So it will now be a year or 2 before I get back to Disneyworld, but it will be all the sweeter for the wait.

Hi everyone!

My name is Kim, straight woman, but as basic human rights is such an important issue to me, I find myself reading this board so very often.

I've been married to Dave for 13 years, and this July 10 we'll actually be celebrating the 20th anniversary of our first date. :banana: We have one ds10, Chris, who (when not in the throes of hormonal, pre-teenopause :rolleyes: ) is a great kid--good grades and a football/basketball/baseball player. We have three dogs and two gerbils, and a myriad of foster animals throughout the year, as I volunteer for a no-kill shelter. I've also fostered former racing Greyhounds--they are wonderful pets--go get one! :) Aside from my family and pets, my love for travel, books and Led Zeppelin run a pretty close second.

Gay/lesbian/human rights issues, like I said, have always been close to my heart; and if I accomplish anything in my lifetime, I hope it's to raise my child to befriend, respect and love people of every orientation, race and religion--and I'm proud to say, that boy hasn't let me down yet. :)

So nice getting to meet everyone, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you and your families!

PennyW said:
Welcome Kim! It's wonderful to read a post like yours ... made my day :thumbsup2

Hi Penny, and thank you for the kind words!

Your "terrors" are gorgeous, and look like a lot of fun! :dog: :dog: :)

luvmydogs said:
Hi Penny, and thank you for the kind words!

Your "terrors" are gorgeous, and look like a lot of fun! :dog: :dog: :)

Hey Kim, nice to see you over here (she's my buddy for those that don't know).

What's shakin' babycakes?

Kim - Yes, they are fun, and BUSY. They're both just little over 2 years, so they have more energy than I do! I noticed you live in Georgia. We live in the Acworth/Kennesaw area. Beautiful day here today!

RickinNYC said:
Hey Kim, nice to see you over here (she's my buddy for those that don't know).

What's shakin' babycakes?

You better believe my stuff's shakin' every night, handsome! :woohoo:

You're so fresh! :love2:

Penny, we live about ten minutes from The Augusta National golf couse in Martinez. Everyone's gearing up for The Masters right now, and I must admit that even with all the traffic jams, I love it when it's Masters' time! I meet the most interesting people from all over the world in our local Publix--they always need help making sense of all our food choices! And I know I'm married and everything, but I just swoon when some gorgeous Australian man asks me where they may find the vegemite! :lovestruc

joanjett1976 said:
I am head of acquisitions for MusiquePlus and Musimax, two music/lifestyle stations. I purchase shows from various distributors (MTV, E!, Bravo, NBC, etc...), slap some French subtitles on 'em, call 'em Shirley and put them on the air.

Gen, your job sounds great! I wish I was doing something that interesting. I'm one of the marketing producers for Gap Online, specifically, the baby division. I'm constantly surrounded by cutesy one-pieces with unicorns and forest critters on them. But, I love the people I work with, so it balances out, I guess. Plus, I spend a lot my days just surfing the web. :surfweb:

Hi all! My partner & I live in NC and have been best friends for 20 years and together for 10. Our family consists of a 13 year old son, a cat and an Australian Shepherd that’s too smart for her own good! We've just recently bought our 2nd house and are loving it! She's an accountant and I work for the state. We fall into that "boring" category where we work, enjoy our family and live our lives as happily as we can and oh yea....going to Disney in September....yippee!!! :dancer: :cool1:

Hi all!

I am Michael (38) and my DP is Adam (38). Adam is 3 days older than me. (I love to rub that in). Some people think we're brothers.

I live in a high rise condo in Aventura, Florida - yes, near the mall. I live with my kitty, Julie. Adam is currently living in Brooklyn, NY, but will be moving in with me in exactly two weeks.

I'm the owner of a travel agency and Adam works in IT, which means we both play with computers. Adam is a chef and is in the process of converting my baren kitchen into a gourmet's paradise.

We both love to travel. We met through friends about eighteen months ago on a Caribbean Cruise and have since been to Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Denver together. Oh, Punta Cana too.

sfboog said:
Gen, your job sounds great! I wish I was doing something that interesting. I'm one of the marketing producers for Gap Online, specifically, the baby division. I'm constantly surrounded by cutesy one-pieces with unicorns and forest critters on them. But, I love the people I work with, so it balances out, I guess. Plus, I spend a lot my days just surfing the web. :surfweb:

Yes it can be a lot of fun and allows me to indulge in entertainment industry gossip (for professional reasons, of course) but sometimes, like today, where you must submit your grids and negociate $$$- it just feels like someone is drilling a hole in your head :sad2:

Wow! Everyone is so interesting. Aren't we a domestic bunch :rotfl:

We are in Wake Forest. Just moved here from Raleigh (just 6 miles away). So far we liking it. Traffic is crazy! It's a little closer to my son's school which has been a big plus since he's made the soccer team. He's also just finished scuba lessons and we'll be going to FL next week so he can certify. Crazy busy! I forgot to mention earlier I'm totally addicted to these boards! We all do seem quite domestic! What would "they" think?

I am Donna and my DP is Joi. I am the one on the left in the picture in my signature. I am pushing 50 and she is just on the other side. We live in Bethesda, Maryland about 3 miles outside of Washington, DC. We just celebrated our 19th anniversary the other day and have known one another for 25. We adopted three older children from Russia in 1992 and early 1993 and have been busy raising them. Having children created our interest in Disney and now that the children are on their own, we are looking forward to traveling more. We are hooked on the Disney cruises, but also travel with friends who are not into Disney. I work in the utility industry and Joi works in the computer industry.

Good Morning everyone! My name is Chris (25) and I'm engaged to Matt (27) - this April we'll have been dating for 9 YEARS!!! I can't believe it. We're finally tying the knot in August - I can't believe it's only 5 months away. I'm straight, but one of my dearest friends is a lesbian and I love her very much.

I'm currently employment challenged as someone else put it. I hope to have a job in the next week or so (I've been on my second interview for one job already). Keep your fingers crossed!

As you may be able to see by my siggy, DFi is a firefighter. He started as a volunteer 10 years ago, and then decided to make it his career.

We are all (Dfi, myself, and our beagle Toby) currently living in Long Island with my parents in an effort to pay down debt and save money for a house. Although with housing prices the way they are now, I figure we'll be able to move out in 30 years or so :crazy:.

Being DVC members, we've had the opportunity to go to WDW 3 times in the past year alone. We're going to Disneyland for our honeymoon though, just to shake things up a bit - besides I wilt in the Florida humidity so CA should be good for us in the summer.

Anyway, that's me (well, us). It's so nice to read about everyone!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter