Introduce Yourselves!

beckmrk04 said:
Ok- have to ask- what who do you like music-wise and have you ever played the video game Katamari Damacy? It is sooo much fun and I love, love, love it. I'm not big into video games (hubby is), but this one is AWESOME.

Sorry- don't mean to highjack, but inquiring minds want to know. :teeth:

Heya! I am not familiar with Katamari Damacy...what format is it on?

As for musicians....my three big favorite bands are Sleater-Kinney, Dressy Bessy, and Throwing Muses, but I could create a list of musicians that would crash the board for its length! LOL

joanjett1976 said:
...cute british lasses (all hail the great winslet-weisz combo)

Just had to chime in here...Oh, I am QUITE the Winslet fan, myself. I'm still waiting for Rachel Weisz to grow on my however, despite her resemblance to Kate. hehe

I'm Sue, 40ish (that sound is me screaming), I work for the government and head up an IT department (I'm a geek). I love the technical side but there are days when I really hate being a manager. I'm from Buffalo my but house is actually in the suburbs just a few miles south of the city. I'm solo ... but if you know any cute women send them my way ;) !

I own in DVC (OKW and BWV) and I have family near Disney so I'm down there quite a bit - in fact I'm heading down again in 1 week (March 26), just went in January and I'm going in May, October and December too. I love to travel and get to do some for work. I love music, almost anything but country, but I really have a thing for older blues and jazz ... Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington ... and of course, broadway musicals. I'm also into food and wine. In fact, some friends of mine own a winery and I'm involved in it - when we get a bit bigger I'm going to push to get into the Food and Wine Festival.

I really enjoy reading about everyone - we've got a good group ... not quite the wild and crazy types, more like Ozzie and Harriet (or maybe Ozzie and Ward, Harriet and June!).
Disneynutt1225 - what's going on with the wedding plans? Did you get the bridesmaid's dresses? Nothing from Gone with the Wind, right?!

Hi, I'm Tina, my partner is Diane. We're from Oklahoma (well I'm not from there I just live there...lol) We've been to Disney 1 time together. I've been over 20 times in my life. I'm looking forward to going back again. Never been for Gay Days, but maybe one year. I'm kinda partial to the International Food and Wine Festival. Plus it's a little cooler then. :) :wizard:

Saxton said:
Disneynutt1225 - what's going on with the wedding plans? Did you get the bridesmaid's dresses? Nothing from Gone with the Wind, right?!

The plans are going on pretty well, thanks! Nothing from Gone with the Wind. In fact, they all love the dress - it's a princess cut, off the shoulder gown. It has beading at the top across the neckline and it's a mauvy-pink (it's called Daphne Rose, actually). They all say they like it, not sure if they're humoring me or what, but at least they can lie well, LOL. I got my headpiece and veil last week - I feel like a princess!!! And yesterday I went to purchase my gift for DFi - a very nice Movado watch - and I bought myself a diamond pendant to wear on my wedding day.

I still have to meet the florist, but I can't do that until I get the swatches. They'll hopefully arrive soon. I can't believe I'm getting married in 5 months. Time flies!!

Are you sorry you asked yet? :rotfl:

Howdy Ya'll. I'm Miles(23 on leftside) and my partner of 6 years is Edward(26 rightside). We started out pretty young, and all of our old queens said we would never last. We met on the internet and things just went well from there. Currently we are both searching for new jobs (not happy w/our current locations). Edward has been to Disney about 8 times... Only 2 times for me. Ed convinced me to go in 2004 and about one week after returning I was determined to go back fall of 2005. So Miles is now a disneyworld freak.. aka.. Figmentguy.

Upon my first trip we saw La Nouba, and that is when I developed another love. Cirque Du Soleil is the best!! Currently we are planning a trip to vegas next spring to catch the four cirque shows there. After that trip I'm shooting for another two-week stay at WDW in fall of 2008! (such a long time to wait) Outside of that we are just two normal boring guys in the state of Michigan.

(Here we are behind The Tree of Life. . . .Ed has to really work at a prompted smile.... lol :teeth: )
PWandEd.jpg

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage, Chris. I've been checking out some very snazzy rings on bluenile.com if your DFi needs some recommendations!

It's so nice to read everyone's introductions. Sorry I'm too private to post much personal info here, but I've been thinking that all of us on this board should really think about a WDW meet to celebrate our collective gayness and CSP-ness. I'm serious. Our own mini Gay Day with raiments in a more fetching color than red, preferably with glitter and rhinestones.

Hey Miles great to have you with us!

Hi All.. Nice to see the regular faces.. as well as some new ones hanging out!

Okay... Sorry I haven't been around too much to keep up with everyone.. I am in the middle of Tech Week for Miss Saigon.. we open next weekend... I actually just got home from Loading into the theatre all day!! UGH!!

Anyway... for the new folks.. and the OLD ones too! LOL!!

I am Kathy... I live in Brooklyn, NY... I am single, Have 3 Kitties... Licorice, Skittles and Peanut.. (AND NO they were not all named after food on purpose.. Complete coincidence!! LOL!!) I love Disney, Theatre, People, Animals and Kids.. lots and lots of kids!!! Especially the little guy in my siggie.. my nephew JoJo who I get to take on his very first Disney Vacation in August!!! :banana: :love: :love: To pay the rent I am a personal lines insurance agent... you know.. the good hands people :rolleyes: and for fun I am into local theatre... I perform, direct, Choreograph, set design, etc... etc... etc... And to further contest the stereotypical grids.. although I am single.. I do not troll the bars and take home various partners either! LOL!! So, I really wonder where they get this crap!

I am looking forward to meeting some of you all at a dismeet or two sometime in the future... we did attempt the 2nd annual one in January.. but.. that one didn't work out!! (Sorry Iankh!!) My future trips to DW include May 4-9 for the Minnie Marathon... and then August 25-Sept 1. This DVC stuff is dangerous!! LOL!!

Well.. I am off to have some dinner! I look forward to reading more about all of you! :)

Kathy

Valentine said:
My future trips to DW include ...August 25-Sept 1. This DVC stuff is dangerous!! LOL!!

Kathy

Hey, Kathy, we're going to have to meet up. We overlap! We'll be there 8/25-9/3.

Hi all, I'm Steve, I'm 36 years old, and we live in Jersey City, NJ. My partner Page is 46 and is originally from Baltimore. I'm originally from rural Missouri, and until last February, Page and I lived in Chicago, his home for the previous 26 years and mine for the last 13. I took a promotion with my job that required us to relocate to the New York City area, which is how we ended up in Jersey City. I'm an HR manager for a large specialty retail company, and Page is an actor/director/writer/producer. We have two dogs, Ariel (17) and Molly (7), and two cats, Eve (14) and Solomon (11).

On August 13th we'll celebrate 11 years as a couple. We had a commitment ceremony on September 5, 1998 in Chicago, and it was fantastic to have our family and friends with us to celebrate our love for each other. We celebrate the anniversary of both the day we met and our ceremony.

We have been DVC owners since January 1, 2000. We were lucky enough to have friends who are DVC members, and they invited us to spend the Millenium celebration with them. We stayed at Old Key West, and immediately fell in love with the resort. We asked tons of questions of our friends, who encouraged us to make an appointment to meet with a DVC rep. We met with Mary McCarthy at 12 p.m. on January 1, and by 3 p.m. we were DVC members!

Nice to meet all of you!

Hi Everyone

My name is Gary , I live just south of Boston and I'm 36. I'm single and have some great friends and family. I have two sisters and one of them with my two nieces live with me . My oldest niece is 10 and she's been with me to WDW 8 times.My other sister is married and live 1/2 mile away. They joined me and 16 of my friends for the week last summer in Provincetown. I usually go to Disney with family or I go with friends for gay week, I LOVE Disney that time of year.I was surprised to find out it WASN'T High season in Disney . I've gone 1-3 times a year for the last 11 and this week I finally bought DVC at BWV.P-town and gay week are out for this year because of buying but My niece and I are going to " sneak " down this summer for a little Disney fun!

In regards to what some other people are talking about. I ,too, do not troll the bars or take just anyone home for a little FUN. I'm just as boring as everyone else. I work for a newspaper , come home we have dinner walk the dog , a pug named Bailey, help do homework run the oldest to cheerleading put them to bed watch a little tv and then some sleep, wake up start all over doing all this while waiting to go back to DISNEY. Although tomorrow I'm heading down to Rhode Island to participate in the states Triple Crown Event , this is the--- Ms. Gay RI , Miss Lesbian RI , and Mr Gay RI.

Now if I could find someone who wants to join me in all that and can buy more points in DVC I'm all set :rotfl2:

See you round the boards :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Ken-nitan, which is what my littlest brother calls me. I have two, brothers that is, both younger, and as different as night and day. They're all I have right now, I'm fresh out of a BF as of last year. Moved out, and I'm going back to college, doing the stuff that I never seemed to get done when I was living with my ex. These boards have been GREAT, not only in helping me plan my trip in May, but also in reading lots of great, loving posts from some really wonderful people! I wish I could meet some of you. The loving words on this board are inspirational. Haven't always had the warmest reception in life, and I feel so comfortable and fuzzy here. :grouphug:

Hi everyone, I'm Joe (28) and my partner's name is Beau (25). We live in Syracuse, Ny, which is basically only known for its snowfall and lack of sunshine. In the past few years we have become full-fledged Disney freaks. :earsboy: I grew up going to Disney every few years. I finally got Beau to come with me in 2002 and now we are both obsessed.

We have 2 cats, Artaxx and Ezma. Yes, we named her after Yzma from "The Emporer's New Groove", one of our favorite disney movies! For those wondering, Artaxx is from "The Never-Ending Story". It was the name of Atrayu's Horse.

Well that's a little bit about us. I was so glad to find this board and I can't wait to post here more often and get to know some of you really cool better!

Hi everyone, my name is Shoe and my partner is Jules, and we live just outside of San Francisco. We have been together for a little over 7 years. I actually work for Disney Cruise Lines and I am currently home for the summer to direct a resident camp. I will hopefully be returning in August. Jules works as a contract admin. for a gardening company.

We have 3 cats. All holly terrors. They are forest, Arnie and Dusty. We are huge animal fans and would have more if space and time allowed us too.
We are also big Disney fans, have gone to Disney World 3 times together and been on a Disney Cruise as well. We hope to go again really soon. Trying to take a trip down to Disneyland as soon as the weather gets nicer out here in the west.

I have been hanging out on these boards for a while...like to see what the guest say about our product and never really posted anything. It's good to see so many cool down to earth people. :wave2:

Wow.. 3 Tiggers and 2 of them 35... personally I think that's kind of cool

Hi all. I'm Storm (yes that's my real name). I'm 35, and a Disneyaholic, Tigger obsesseded, Stitch loving, bear chaser. Don't worry SeattleRedBear, my DP Jeffrey (33) has declaired me retired for the past 9.5 years and I'm happy w/ just being a bear watcher now.

My love for Disney actually started w/ this screen name on IRC. Was going to use "stormtiger" but it was taken so I went w/ StormTigger, and it stuck as people in the chat room started calling me "Tigg". Next thing I knew I had a part time job at a local Disney Store and it was downhill into Disneyaholism from there. Jeffrey is also a Disney fan, but he has more self control then I do.

To pay for my habbit (Disney Store was the most expensive job I've ever had), I'm work in IT in St Louis, but trying to figure out a way to move to FL (or at least further south and east). Winters aren't bad here in St Louis, but I'm truly over the cold and ready to move to the Sunshine state (and of course being closer to the big cheese wouldn't hurt either).

Our next planned trip down to the world is Dec 2-9 when we are taking another couple down on their 1st trip. I did just get picked for a team from work heading down to FL in Apr, and managed to talk my boss into to letting me stay a couple extra days so I can go get my fix and pay homage to the Mouse. :worship: Jeffrey will be joining me. We are hoping that these couple days will cut back on the shakes of having to go w/o for so long. pixiedust:

Hobbies include anything Disney (esp :tigger:, pooh:, :stitch:, and Beast), role playing games (mostly AD&D and Marvel), listening to music (Pop, Dance, R&B, and yes.. I'll say it.. Disco), and spending way to much time on the computer :surfweb:. Oh, and sitting in my best friends jacuzzi (mainly cuz I don't have one... yet).

I must say ... as an Disneyaddict, I love the Disboards, and this board imparticular is great to help me get thru those rough days! :grouphug: Hope to get to meet up w/ any and everyone at a Dis-meet some day!

Well, I know I introduced myself on an earlier thread, but the board seems to have grown a bit in the last few months :)

For those who don't know me, I'm Pete Werner, and I live in Orlando with my partner of 4 years, Walter. I started the DIS back in June of 1997 - safe to say it's grown a little since then :) My full time job is making sure you people don't kill each other, while Walter works in the law enforcement field. Hobbies include video games (haven't touched anything else since getting my 360 - gamertag is MrChips), working on my house (I've become quite the little domestic in the last few years), and cooking (particularly baking - I find it VERY relaxing and my chocolate cake will kill you).

I'm really glad to see so many people visiting this forum. I took some crap from people about it, but that only serves to deepen my conviction :)

Pete

Hi everyone! Another boring couple here, sometimes I wonder where people get this bar-crawling-child-converting stereotype from!! :smooth:

Edited to say: THANKS PETE! This board is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter