Internet deal on board - don't miss it!

I was on the Magic Transatlantic and then the next 2 cruises. DH and I both got the free 50Mb - ie we each had 50Mb, so 100Mb in total between us, for free. We did this for all three cruises.

I never saw it advertised in the Navigator, but it was advertised in the app on embarkation day - you had to scroll down to read it on (I think) the day's highlights screen.
so how did you get 2 free 50 MG per stateroom? Was there a special way to sign up? how do you sign up for this?

so how did you get 2 free 50 MG per stateroom? Was there a special way to sign up? how do you sign up for this?
Apparently, on the Magic, the 50MB free package is per person, not per stateroom, as on the other ships. It may be a test. Not sure how they monitor that there are actually 2 different people doing it. Unless you have to enter your name and room number to create your account. Then they could match it up with who's supposed to be in the room.

The 5/30 cruise on the Fantasy to the Western Caribbean clearly stated there was a 50mb package available at one per stateroom

FWIW, DW and I signed up separately on the 5/30 western. I don't remember her doing anything special or different. DW lasted the whole week on her 50mb, I bought a 1gb package that DD and I shared (I had 1,050mb total to use).

If the free Internet packages are all going to one per person instead of one per state room this is great news!

Apparently, on the Magic, the 50MB free package is per person, not per stateroom, as on the other ships. It may be a test. Not sure how they monitor that there are actually 2 different people doing it. Unless you have to enter your name and room number to create your account. Then they could match it up with who's supposed to be in the room.
Yep - you have to enter your name and room number, your name as per your reservation. It verifies it against something in their database. You then create a password against an email address.

They use the email address to let you know when you're close to the end of the package, as well as your log-on. We only used the free package, and that's what happened with us.

I wonder whether the count down meter is on the total available free data for the stateroom not per person. I read the same info on the June 1 Alaska cruise. Hope it is per person! Pixie dust!!

I just want to know when will they get faster Internet service. It is sooooo slow.

I just want to know when will they get faster Internet service. It is sooooo slow.

Fast satellite connections for multiple users of varying bandwidth requirements are vastly expensive right now pretty much everywhere in North and Central America. Given the relative lack of interest in the internet packages it wouldn't be cost-effective to upgrade. Even 10mbit home satellite connections are very pricy.

Maybe as the technology improves they will but right now satellite internet is a luxury. Google and Virgin are both working on satellite internet plans that could really change the game, but that's some time away.

The technology has already advanced. Royal Caribbean's newest ships have hi speed Internet. You can Skype and play video games online. Also, the interest isn't there because DCL hasn't made it available. I don't go to McDonalds for fried Chicken because it's not available, not because I don't want it. It may be too expensive and time consuming to put it on the ships at this point, but the tech is there.

The technology has already advanced. Royal Caribbean's newest ships have hi speed Internet. You can Skype and play video games online. Also, the interest isn't there because DCL hasn't made it available. I don't go to McDonalds for fried Chicken because it's not available, not because I don't want it. It may be too expensive and time consuming to put it on the ships at this point, but the tech is there.

I already said it was available - just hugely expensive. Just like high-speed internet in general used to be. X-mbit lines were available for well over a decade before they became common. The tech was there, it just wasn't widespread enough to be affordable.

McNuggets are fried, aren't they? ;)

What exactly do I need to shut off to make the 50mb last? Just want to make sure i'm doing this right! Do I just make sure to swipe all apps closed when I'm done?

How do you get access to this 50 MB free? Is there an option on the Navigator App? We will be on the Dream and I am worried that we won't have internet access to check-in for our SW flight the day before for our return flight home. :confused:

How do you get access to this 50 MB free? Is there an option on the Navigator App? We will be on the Dream and I am worried that we won't have internet access to check-in for our SW flight the day before for our return flight home. :confused:
If your cruise has it, you go to www.dclguest.com and set up an account. The account must be set up by midnight the first day of the cruise (embarkation day).

Just got off the Fantasy on Sunday and it was one per stateroom. I had the internet helpdesk correct the settings on my phone and I blew through all 50 mb before checking my first e-mail.

there was a great hand-out at the sign up desk with what to change on your phone. Our 100MB (since we missed out on the free 50MB) lasted 6 of our 7 nights. just remember to LOG OUT of the webpage when you are done checking your mail or whatever.

Last edited:
there was a great hand-out at the sign up desk with what to change on your phone

I wouldn't call it great. There was a handout, and it tells you what settings need to be changed but doesn't tell you where the settings are or how to change them. That being said, when I was reading them the person working the helpdesk offered to do them all for me, then for me to bring my phone back on the last day and she would change them all back so I was very thankful.

Even with that, I went through all 50mb on day 1 without uploading anything, searching one web page or checking one email.

funny.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter