• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Info on who fits/who does not - for FJ - post here if you've been

Just back from HP. I am 215 lbs, 5' 6", 42D. My husband in 5' 6" 230lbs, mostly shoulders and gut. We both fit with no problems. They did tell me "make sure you sit in the outside seats." I assume this was because of my size, not because I was with my kids. We did not try the test seats at the entrance.

One of the Orlando Magic who is 6' 11" rode it.

thank you, my bf is almost 6´5 and i was starting to panic because i didnt see anyone post that is tall :)
he is only about 165 lbs so i dont worry about that part, tho he might fly out of the seat

Well, this is a depressing development to hear...:scared:

I managed to ride FJ last year weighing 300 pounds. I'm average height and busty (5'4" and 44DD) but not overly hippy and got the "yellow" from the ride attendant at the test seats. He said that I would feel pressure on my stomach for about five minutes, would that be okay? I'm such a Potter junkie I'm pretty sure that I would have said yes to anything at that point, but it really wasn't uncomfortable to ride at all and it was fantastic!

Now, even though I've been doing Weight Watchers since last August and have lost about 40 pounds, I'm nervous all over again. I figured this was at least one thing I didn't have to worry about on this trip :confused3.

I understand the safety reasons, and I do want everyone to be safe and this will push me to continue losing weight. But, since my trip is the middle of June, I'm not going to have a huge difference in weight when I go. So nervous now...

I treid to ride fj last year and barely got one click. I decided to lose weight, and am down over a hundred pounds. My waist currently is 44"-46" depending on time since last meal and hydration state. I am six foot even wirh fairly broad shoulders and about 300#. Was all my effort for naught? Should i do stair master 12 hours a day for the next few weeks?

We were just there a week ago. I am 5'4", 186#, 40C.

Having read this thread, I was concerned about fitting and tried the larger test seat outside. It clicked easily and I was told I could sit in any seat I wanted.

When I actually got on the ride, I was in seat 4, and was asked to switch with the lady next to me. I knew it was b/c she was larger than me and might have fit problems, but she had absolutely no clue. So I rode in the "regular" seat at my size with no issues whatsoever.

I rode Forbidden Journey this evening, which was a walk-on due to the bad weather. Much to my surprise, I ended up getting 3 clicks in one of the end seats. I could hear all 3 distinctly, plus I could see my reflection as the ride bench moved toward the launch point and the green light was right there. I was thinking to myself, "What the hey?" When the ride was brand new, I was sent to the walk of shame after failing the interior test seat. I was barely able to ride in the new "extended" seats with a harness push from a TM a few months ago. But tonight I got in, sucked it up, and brought the harness completely down, unassisted. (BTW: 5'-8", 260 lbs.) It was a tight fit, but probably better than some other rides I've gone on.

Have these seats been extended some more since their debut? The other theory would be me losing weight, and I'm pretty sure that ain't it. :rolleyes1

Just thought I would update with how my experience went recently on HP&FJ.

I walked directly to the test seat during early entry and was told again (same as a year ago) that I had a "yellow" and that I could ride as long as I rode in one of the outside seats. I'm about 5'6", 260 pounds, 44DD. Rode several times throughout the week with no problems. :cool1: No help necessary from the ride attendant in getting the necessary clicks.

Hope this helps put some minds at ease!

Thanks for your input. I have been working hard since January on losing weight. I tell all my friends I am on the "Harry Potter and Forbidden Journey" diet. They thought it was an actual diet. :rotfl2: I thought I was in the clear, but now that they do not help with an extra push I was getting worried again. But I am 5'8" and weigh 240 lbs. I am pretty squishy, so I am sure I should be able to suck it in. Is it hard to push on the harness? I have average arm strength, so that was worrying me a bit. But I have my husband prepared to help me if needed. Hopefully, they will allow this. I really need to stop worrying. It will be a shame if I can't ride, since I am the one in our family that loves Harry Potter the most. I have 5 more weeks to go, so I plan on continuing with my exercise plan and HPFJ diet. :)

I have average arm strength, so that was worrying me a bit.

I am a complete upperbody weakling (although I am trying to change this) and the harness was not difficult to close at all. Good luck with your HPFJ diet! I'm going to continue mine and hopefully lose another 25 pounds by the time I'm back in December!

Thanks mcgregml, I feel alot better. Good luck on your diet. I can't wait until Aug 1st!!!!!!!!

Lynda, there are some tips for women in this thread about certain clothes to wear that help you to fit. Certain types of shorts that are thin and bras that let you spread out (lol) have been suggested.

I just rode FJ on Wednesday. I didn't try the sample seat outside because I hated the idea of drawing attention to myself. So I just went right in with my family. (My family are twigs..both DDs take after my husband's family.) DH knows I have bee worried about this for a couple months. I lost some weight for the trip, but not a lot. He kept telling me not to worry...of course that is what a skinny person would say. :-)

So any way we got to the front of the line and I had not been pulled a side. I was told to enter the ride with the rest of my family. I sat down and I couldn't get the three clicks. I start to panic thinking oh no they will kick me off. A TM came by and pushed down and pulled up on all our restraints and I got the one more click while she was doing that.

I am a size 18 or 20 depending on who is making the clothes. I am 5 feet 8 inches tall. Since I am a competitive swimmer my thighs are like tree trunks and all muscle. My butt and stomach is where I carry all my fat.

I hope thisvhelps someone.

Prior to visiting Orlando, I had been following this thread for a year, growing increasingly anxious with each post. I decided to register so that I could share my experience and (hopefully) put some minds at ease.

I visited the WWoHP around the 4th of July holiday and was able to ride Forbidden Journey multiple times. To give a bit of background, I'm a female, 5'6" and roughly 300 pounds. Needless to say, I'm a big girl; however, my weight is fairly evenly distributed. I wear a 24/26 in pants, a 1 or 2X in shirts and a 44DDD in bras.

I didn't try the test seats. I sincerely doubt that anyone would have been paying much attention to me as they hurried to the ride, but I was too embarrassed to try. Inside, I wasn't pulled from the line any of the times I rode. There's a spot close to the boarding platform where test seats are located. Employees stand on either side of the queue, probably to pull people from the line as needed. I tried to hide amongst my family members and remain inconspicuous. Luckily, the employees weren't watching very closely anyway.

At the platform, I hurried to one of the modified seats, and my husband quickly pushed my harness, getting three clicks. It was a tight fit, but I was able to ride, and the team members helping guests board didn't seem to mind that DH gave me the extra push I needed. This is what we did every time we rode, and there was never a problem.

I hope this eases some worries. If I can fit, I think most people reading this thread can, too!

Thanks so much for posting. It is always really nice and much appreciated when people come back to tell of their experiences about something that can cause so much anxiety.

5'3" 230 pounds here, 42DD. I rode just fine with my family in March. I did sit on the end just to be safe and only on my last ride of the trip did an employee have to help me get that extra click in. All in all, I would say most people don't have to worry. I'm not small by any stretch of the word and no one even looked at me twice.

Prior to visiting Orlando, I had been following this thread for a year, growing increasingly anxious with each post. I decided to register so that I could share my experience and (hopefully) put some minds at ease.

I visited the WWoHP around the 4th of July holiday and was able to ride Forbidden Journey multiple times. To give a bit of background, I'm a female, 5'6" and roughly 300 pounds. Needless to say, I'm a big girl; however, my weight is fairly evenly distributed. I wear a 24/26 in pants, a 1 or 2X in shirts and a 44DDD in bras.

I didn't try the test seats. I sincerely doubt that anyone would have been paying much attention to me as they hurried to the ride, but I was too embarrassed to try. Inside, I wasn't pulled from the line any of the times I rode. There's a spot close to the boarding platform where test seats are located. Employees stand on either side of the queue, probably to pull people from the line as needed. I tried to hide amongst my family members and remain inconspicuous. Luckily, the employees weren't watching very closely anyway.

At the platform, I hurried to one of the modified seats, and my husband quickly pushed my harness, getting three clicks. It was a tight fit, but I was able to ride, and the team members helping guests board didn't seem to mind that DH gave me the extra push I needed. This is what we did every time we rode, and there was never a problem.

I hope this eases some worries. If I can fit, I think most people reading this thread can, too!

You've put my mind at ease a bit seeing as I wear the same size as you so thank you :)

Posting from my phone but I had to share this.

I made it! I got in the modified seat! The first time no one said anything to me. Didn't pull me aside or anything and I just asked for the modified restraint when I got up there. The second time I got pulled aside to the test seat but that was no big deal. They just told me what line to get in. I'll be honest. I was still nervous that I wouldn't fit that first time. I got clear in the seat and the harness came down and the attendant checked it. When they said "have a good ride" and we left the platform, I started to cry. I was so convinced I wouldn't get to ride.

Anywho, measurements for anyone in my position. I'm 5ft 8in, 300-315lbs (ugh, butterbeer so good but not helping there), long legs and long torso, broad shoulders, roughly 56in around my stomach. Now that you guys can pick me out of a line up, hope that is helpful to someone. Lol

I am 5'8.5 and around 300 pounds so this post gave me hope. Thanks :)

Long time poster here but going anonymous for this ;)

I'm just back from US/IOA and rode FJ 5 times with ease. I've been worried for a few months since someone posted being unable to ride at 180 lbs.

I'm female, 5'7 and 219 and I fit easily in the outside seats. As someone else posted I carry my weight as if I'm pregnant. I wear a 16-18 pants and usually a L or 14 top. I'm a 38C. My waist to hips are where the bulk of my weight is.

I had no trouble at all getting the shoulder rests down myself, I got 3 clicks every time with no help. The seats felt plenty big, I wasn't squished in at all. I rode Hulk and RRR in unmodified seats and both were a tighter fit than FJ.

I rode single rider multiple times and never had a CM tell me to take the outside seat. I lucked into them every time because I was always the last on board.

The ride is amazing and wonderful and I was thrilled to be able to ride it.

I hope this helps someone else along the way :goodvibes

I'm female, 5'7 and 219 and I fit easily in the outside seats. As someone else posted I carry my weight as if I'm pregnant. I wear a 16-18 pants and usually a L or 14 top. I'm a 38C. My waist to hips are where the bulk of my weight is.

I am about the same size as you, but I wear an XL shirt. I was able to ride in the regular seats. It was a little bit snug, but not uncomfortable.

My friend that was with me is 5'10", about 300 pounds and wears a size 20 in pants. She fit just fine in the modified seats. She could get all 3 clicks on her own, but she said that she felt kind of loose in the harness. The next time we rode, I pushed down on her harness before I got in my seat so she was held a little more snug. A TM saw me help her, came to her seat, released the harness and said to her "now do it again YOURSELF". She could easily get all 3 clicks herself, she just wanted it pushed in a little more to hold her tighter. I thought that was odd that she was already secured in her seat, but the TM released the harness and made her pull it down again by herself :confused3. Luckily it wasn't a case where she couldn't get all the clicks on her own, or I would have been furious if she would have had to get off the ride after she had already been secured in the seat :furious:.

My brother is 270 pounds, wears a 2XL and is 6'3. He wasn't able to get the three clicks so didn't get to ride. My sis-in-law is 5'2, 220 lbs (with a very large chest) and she made it easily. Obviously height has a lot to do with it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter