Info on who fits/who does not - for FJ - post here if you've been

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Selket, Jun 16, 2010.

1. JessicaR

JessicaR <font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>

I wonder why the TM did that? What is the difference if you click it yourself or someone else does? Glad she could ride without issue! :)

Not sure my husband is going to be able to ride he is a big guy, tall, and barrel chested. We'll see in 3 weeks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. phamton

phamton The Other Orlando Themepark Moderator

Rider requirements are that you have at least one appendage that can hold onto the restraint if necessary. The ride attendant probably thought that the guest was not able to pull on the retraint and that is why the friend pulled it down for her. My guess is that the attendant was just making sure that the guest was able to pull the restraint down themselves.

4. JessicaR

That makes sense - thanks. :) So if I try and click my husband in that's a no no?

5. phamton

phamton The Other Orlando Themepark Moderator

You should be fine helping your husband. Many people help their kids also. As long as the team member can tell that your husband has full use of at least one arm, they most likely won't say anything.

6. Disneydragonfly

Disneydragonfly Mouseketeer

I was really worried about fitting on the ride. But I was there this past Sunday and I was able to ride. I am 298 lbs and I'm 5'10". I got two clicks on my own and the worker pushed for the third. So I would definitely try, even if you have doubts that you will fit.

7. JessicaR

Thanks!

8. bopper

bopper <font color=green>Which way to the Hundred Acre Wo

My DH is 6'4" and now 300+ and he did not fit in FJ.
    I wish we knew about the tour, he could have done that.

9. mom31

mom31 Earning My Ears

I went and fit no problem. I'm 5'4" about 250 lbs. 44DD, mostly a size 22. Plus I was wearing jeans and had a big wallet in one front pocket and a camera in the other making me even wider than I already am. I got 2 clicks but thought I heard 3 so didn't try for the last one but the CM was like whoops one more and pushed lightly for the 3rd.

10. jenners351

jenners351 Earning My Ears

Thank you, that helps me a lot:) I would have been upset if I didn't fit too. I can still squeeze into the airplane so I wasn't thinking about much else...other than the amount of walking I should have been training for

11. disneygal55

disneygal55 DIS Veteran

I have read where the end seats of the ride (four seats in a row right?) are larger than the others. Does that mean that both of the seats on the ends of each group of four are larger than the middle ones?

12. damo

damo Proud Redhead

The actual seats aren't larger. The restraints have been modified to get the necessary number of clicks without being pushed in as far, but yes it is the outside two on each row.

13. disneygal55

disneygal55 DIS Veteran

Thanks Damo!

14. Nasscar159

Nasscar159 Earning My Ears

The seats are the same as the ones in the middle. The difference is in the harness. The farthest left and farthest right seat are the modified harness seat and even small kids can sit in the end seats

15. Sugar Jones

Sugar Jones DIS Veteran

This gives me more motivation to drop 40 lbs before we go in September. I will NOT be turned away!!!!!

16. damo

damo Proud Redhead

:thumbsup2

17. pbruce706

pbruce706 Mouseketeer

I was a little worried about whether I'd be able to do the ride. I'm a heavy 45 year old, 42 waist, longer torso, shorter legs (30 legs, 36 arms, yeah, I'm a gorilla!) weigh about 250 pounds.

No one questioned me, I hopped on one of the outside seats, pulled down the restraint and saw the green light (although I thought I only heard two clicks). Rode it twice with no issue whatsover.

18. ky07

ky07 <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=teal>

While I only rode it once I am a big guy 6ft 270 and almost every ride for me is the restraint is the problem cause of my chest but found I have no problem with FJ

19. amyhschwartz

amyhschwartz Earning My Ears

May have missed it as a scrolled through-- can we talk about low limits? What kids are they letting on? We're going in dec w 5 kids and the youngest will be five and scrawny. What's acceptable? Tia!!!

20. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Must be 48" tall.

21. amyhschwartz

amyhschwartz Earning My Ears

Thank you so much!