Info on who fits/who does not - for FJ - post here if you've been

I rode comfortably in the modified seat. When I hit the three or more clicks, the restraint wasn't even resting against my body.

The only time I was a bit uncomfortable was the day I was wearing my mules, and had to take them off and place them behind my back. The extra couple of inches that the mules added made the restraints a bit tight.

I've been following along from the beginning (and posted that I was able to ride in July but DH was not).

We are going back this weekend and I can't for the life of me remember if any big and tall MEN have been able to ride with the modified seats?

DH is 6'4" and 290 and he's cautiously hoping to fit this time, but trying not get his hopes up too much.

Can anyone reassure me?

I've been following along from the beginning (and posted that I was able to ride in July but DH was not).

We are going back this weekend and I can't for the life of me remember if any big and tall MEN have been able to ride with the modified seats?

DH is 6'4" and 290 and he's cautiously hoping to fit this time, but trying not get his hopes up too much.

Can anyone reassure me?

Pretty sure we've had taller reports than that. From what I can judge from my couch here, he should be fine.;)

I went on the modified seat on Friday. I didn't ask for it, I just happened to get it. I pulled it down to 3 clicks and that was it. The TM didn't push down anymore and our cart was greenlit.

I was flopping around all over the place, and I'm not small. It's a big space. I could see problems if you're excessively wide, but for belly people, it's very accommodating.

Okay, I hope this info helps someone because if not I may be in the doghouse. Anyways, last week when we were there my wife was able to ride the modified seat without any problem. I convinced her to let me share this info to help put some people at ease. She is 5'8 and weighs 304lbs wearing size 26/28.

Thank you! And thank your wife for allowing you to post her experience, too.

Since I'm 5'6 and I'm about the same size as your DW, I have hope now that I can fit too. Thank God my "girls" shouldn't be a problem.

Now I'm SUPER excited about our trip. I had resigned myself to not riding FJ, but now.....Whoot Whoot!!:cool1:

I was able to ride FJ on Friday using the modified seat although I think I would have been fine in the regular seat as well. I'm about a size 18/20 and my weight is fairly evenly distributed. I had plenty of room in the chest in shoulders area. When I tried the test seat the restraint hit directly on a bunch of stuff I had stashed in my pants pocket (camera/phone/etc.) and I only got the yellow light indicating the need for a modified seat. I'm guessing if I had been riding without that stuff, or with a pair of pants with the pockets located differently I would have been fine. The hip/bottom area was definitely the tighter area for me though.

I rode on Tuesday Oct. 5th. The test seat guy said I would be most comfortable in a modified seat. The ride was great, and I was not at all cramped. I am 5'9" and weigh about 250. I have a very wide chest and shoulders. probably 50" chest.

I wanted to come back here & post my experience, since I found others' experiences invaluable before I went. I went on Tues., 10/5. I tried the test seat outside. The CM was very discreet as he pushed down on the bar. He showed me that I got a green light and also showed me a yellow light to see what a modified seat would feel like. I chose to go with the modified seat. When I got inside, I asked for a modified. It was just my family on that row of seats. Since I'm the only fat one, it didn't appear that we were singled out as the "chubby" row, as another poster experienced. The ride is amazing! Even my husband, who isn't a huge HP fan said that was the most incredible theme park ride he'd ever been on! I will say that I felt slightly queasy afterward, so I didn't go back for round two like the rest of my family did. The second time, I walked through slowly, taking pictures and taking in the whole atmosphere.

By the way, I'm 5'6", weigh 230, and wear a size 18/20. (You know I'm really trying to help you guys, because not even my husband knows all of those numbers!)

I am so impressed by everyone who has shared their info. People have been incredibly helpful to each other.

I fit! I am 5'7 and a size 14/16 depending on the pants.

I was worried about not fitting, but the restraint went down easily, and I counted four or five clicks, really went down too fast to be able to really count, and I was listening for the clicks.

Hey all - just stopping in with a quick (and I do mean quick this time, lol) update:

I leave in 9 days.
My goal was to lose 30 pounds before my trip so I could fit on FJ (back before they added teh modified seats).
As of this morning I have lost 28 pounds. :)

Feeling good, today a lot of people have stopped me at work to tell me how great I look - it's insane. Really proud of myself, it's a lot of hard work but I'm gonna keep it up. REally need to lose about 100, maybe a little more to be at a healthy weight for myself, so in my mind I keep thinking of how much further I need to go but...it's empowering to know I can actually do this. Wow.

Best of luck to all of us on this journey! Can't wait to ride FJ!!!

Good for you in the weight loss!! Not only did you set a short term goal, you reached it and are looking for more!! Congrats and go have fun!!! (be sure to report back on everything :) )

Well, we're back and here's my update...my big and tall DH got to ride twice! He's 6"4" and 290. He did not fit in the regular seats this summer, so he was reluctant to try the modified seats, but I insisted ;) I wasn't there but he said that he fit with no problems at all :goodvibes

Just looked at the weather adn unfortunately there are scattered thunderstorms throughout the day next Thursday when we go to HP. Whatever, I'll brave the rain cause I REACHED MY GOAL AND LOST 30 POUNDS FOR MY VACATION!!! This was just the first stepping stone in a lot of weight I need to lose, but getting on FJ is FINALLY what pushed me to make some changes. Loving it, even though my scale hasn't moved in 7 days now (I hate plateaus) and I can't wait to ride this sucker and share the experience with folks here upon my return.

Thanks for being so supportive and being a group of people that don't think it's pathetic or weird that, after a life of being unhappy with my weight, this ride is what finally pushed me to do something about it. :) I am more grateful than I can ever say.

Hi! I am going to Florida next week, and we're going to Universal Monday & Tuesday. I am looking forward to this trip, but admit I'm stressed about going on this ride. My son is a huge Harry Potter fan, and I'll be so disappointed if I can't go on it with him (not to mention embarrassed)! Please let me know if you think I'll have any problems.

Here are my stats, I'll just throw it all out there: I am about 5'5" and 245 lbs (18/20). I have a 42DD bra size. I carry most of my weight in my hips/thighs/butt. I just took my measurements and if I'm correct (hopefully I did it correctly) my bust is 46", hips 52", waist 43". I took these measurements with my clothes on and don't even know that I did them correctly, but hopefully that will give you an idea.

What is your opinion? Will I have a problem fitting? Are they discrete in checking to see if you fit? Thanks for any help you can give me!

P.S. My husband is about 6'2" and around 270-275 lb. He carries almost all of his weight in his stomach. Do you think he'll have problems?

We haven't heard of anyone since the modifications in early September that hasn't been able to fit.

That's good to know that I shouldn't have any problems in the modified seats; however, I am just wondering by my stats if it sounds like I'll need a modified seat or not. Are the test seats discrete? Can you request a modified seat, and do you still get to sit by your family? Sorry for all of the questions, I am just trying to figure all of this out in advance!

That's good to know that I shouldn't have any problems in the modified seats; however, I am just wondering by my stats if it sounds like I'll need a modified seat or not. Are the test seats discrete? Can you request a modified seat, and do you still get to sit by your family? Sorry for all of the questions, I am just trying to figure all of this out in advance!

They put anyone who might be more comfortable in a modified seat (with their entire party) into the center lane --- which you won't be sorted into until near the very end of the queue. You can test outside or inside or just ask for a modified. The crew seems to be very good at judging size just by looking and will direct you into the right line once you get to that part of the queue.

There are test seats in front of many rides at IOA and there are always people sitting in them. Really, no one pays any attention.

That's great to know, thanks! I'm guessing both my husband and I will need the modified seats, and there will be 6 of us total in our party. That shouldn't be a problem when it comes to seating us all, should it? I'm starting to relax and look forward to this a little more knowing this! Are there any other rides at Universal I should be worried about? I've never been...

That's great to know, thanks! I'm guessing both my husband and I will need the modified seats, and there will be 6 of us total in our party. That shouldn't be a problem when it comes to seating us all, should it? I'm starting to relax and look forward to this a little more knowing this! Are there any other rides at Universal I should be worried about? I've never been...

In the vehicles that have the modified restraints, the two end seats (out of four) are modified. So you and your husband can ride together.

Dragon Challenge and the Hulk both of rows of larger seats as well if you find that you need them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter