Info on who fits/who does not - for FJ - post here if you've been

I really hope to fit in a couple weeks, and I think I should with that modified restraint, but the overall design of those benches is just failure on the designers part. I don't know why they felt the need for those walls inbetween each seat unless there is some support issue there that I'm unaware of. That just seems like it would be hell to someone with even slightly broad shoulders, let alone any significant amount of weight to them.

Granted since the modified restraints went in, I haven't read too many people say it's horrifically uncomfortable so maybe the pictures are just deceiving. :confused3

I really hope to fit in a couple weeks, and I think I should with that modified restraint, but the overall design of those benches is just failure on the designers part. I don't know why they felt the need for those walls inbetween each seat unless there is some support issue there that I'm unaware of. That just seems like it would be hell to someone with even slightly broad shoulders, let alone any significant amount of weight to them.

Granted since the modified restraints went in, I haven't read too many people say it's horrifically uncomfortable so maybe the pictures are just deceiving. :confused3

The walls between each seat keep the people on the very left and very right from being crushed by the other three folks when the bench is turned on its side during the ride.

The walls between each seat keep the people on the very left and very right from being crushed by the other three folks when the bench is turned on its side during the ride.

ah ha. That makes sense. You'd think there would be a better way to accomplish that though.

Does anyone know if they are still helping the guests fit by pushing down on the restraints? When I was there August 29th-Sept 4th I made early opening every day and then rode FJ mutlitple times every morning via the single rider line. I fit every time except once when the CM refused to push down to get that third click. I knew I hadn't gained that much weight overnight, so waited a few hours and went back through the single rider line. That time I got a different CM and again she pushed down on the restraint just a little and got the third click. Just wondering if they are helping the people who are close to fitting.

Does anyone know if they are still helping the guests fit by pushing down on the restraints? When I was there August 29th-Sept 4th I made early opening every day and then rode FJ mutlitple times every morning via the single rider line. I fit every time except once when the CM refused to push down to get that third click. I knew I hadn't gained that much weight overnight, so waited a few hours and went back through the single rider line. That time I got a different CM and again she pushed down on the restraint just a little and got the third click. Just wondering if they are helping the people who are close to fitting.

When I went with my SIL the girl put all her weight on the restraint trying to get it to three clicks then got a bigger guy to come over and push! It seems like they really try everything to get folks on the ride.

Okay, I hope this info helps someone because if not I may be in the doghouse. Anyways, last week when we were there my wife was able to ride the modified seat without any problem. I convinced her to let me share this info to help put some people at ease. She is 5'8 and weighs 304lbs wearing size 26/28.

Okay, I hope this info helps someone because if not I may be in the doghouse. Anyways, last week when we were there my wife was able to ride the modified seat without any problem. I convinced her to let me share this info to help put some people at ease. She is 5'8 and weighs 304lbs wearing size 26/28.

Thank you for sharing that, I am sure it will put some minds at ease.

Please give your Wife a heartfelt thank you from me at least and a big thank you to you also for sharing that information! You both have taken a serious load off my mind knowing I WILL be able to ride!

HUGS to you both!!

Thats awsome:cool1:, I am 5'9" at 260lbs and made it just fine. I think right now there is just alot fear of not fitting,and i think for the most part every one is geting on. Please tell your DW there is no shame in who or what you look like:). Its the size of our harts that matter.:goodvibes

AHHH! I love you for posting that! That gives me so much hope seeing as she and I are seemingly about the same size! :yay: Tell your wife "THANK YOU!" from us. Personally, that is a huge worry off my mind.

PLEASE give your wife a HUGE thank you from me! She's my same dress size & close to the same weight - knowing she made it on the ride with the new seats takes a HUGE load of worry off and I am VERY grateful!!! We're leaving in 3 days for our big family trip and I've been worried sick about possibly being the only one in my family not able to go on the ride!

Looks like I am not in the doghouse for giving her size and weight, Since many found the information reassuring. She said she was glad to share now because she remembers how much she worried prior to our trip.

If you are told to get a modified seat, are you separated from your group? Is the wait longer?

If you are told to get a modified seat, are you separated from your group? Is the wait longer?

Your entire group will be moved to the center lane so you can all ride together. You may wait a minute or so longer since the modified seats are on about every eighth vehicle.

I fit!!!
I tried the test seat outside FJ. I sat in the modified seat. A very helpful ride attendant push down on the bar and told me I could use either modified or unmodified seat. She pushed on the bar enough so I could see how comfortable I would be in a modified seat compared to non-modified. She said it would be up to me as to which I feel more comfortable in. I got in line with my daughter who is about the same size as me but let me explain; I am a chubbier girl BUT I have a VERY large chest(DDD:rolleyes1). I don't mind them getting a little squished if need be. This is where the issue of the comfortability of the bar came in. Once we got close to the inside line, a ride attendant automatically put us in the middle line for larger people. I was not given a choice but I probably would have picked the modified seat line anyway just because it was more roomy. Anyway, it was pretty obvious that we were in the "chubby" line. It was just me and my daughter and a very large man and his son in front of us and the other line was all "normal" sized people. The attendants must really have a good eye for scoping body types for the lines because I did not feel like I was not sized up or ogled in any way. I was a little sad that it was just assumed I needed a modified seat when I really could have fit in the regular one. But the good part is, I got to ride and it was awesome. My daughter rode a second time without me.
I even rode dueling dragons and I NEVER go on rides like that.
My daughter who is 23 years old was in awe at the whole Harry Potter area. It was priceless just to see the happiness on her face all day.

Hey all - just stopping in with a quick (and I do mean quick this time, lol) update:

I leave in 9 days.
My goal was to lose 30 pounds before my trip so I could fit on FJ (back before they added teh modified seats).
As of this morning I have lost 28 pounds. :)

Feeling good, today a lot of people have stopped me at work to tell me how great I look - it's insane. Really proud of myself, it's a lot of hard work but I'm gonna keep it up. REally need to lose about 100, maybe a little more to be at a healthy weight for myself, so in my mind I keep thinking of how much further I need to go but...it's empowering to know I can actually do this. Wow.

Best of luck to all of us on this journey! Can't wait to ride FJ!!!

Hey all - just stopping in with a quick (and I do mean quick this time, lol) update:

I leave in 9 days.
My goal was to lose 30 pounds before my trip so I could fit on FJ (back before they added teh modified seats).
As of this morning I have lost 28 pounds. :)

Feeling good, today a lot of people have stopped me at work to tell me how great I look - it's insane. Really proud of myself, it's a lot of hard work but I'm gonna keep it up. REally need to lose about 100, maybe a little more to be at a healthy weight for myself, so in my mind I keep thinking of how much further I need to go but...it's empowering to know I can actually do this. Wow.

Best of luck to all of us on this journey! Can't wait to ride FJ!!!

Woot! Woot! Woot! That's the way!

Rode FJ twice on 09/20. I am 5'9, 230 lbs and am a 42G. The "girls" did just fine. LOL I tried out the test seat and got the green light easily. The very nice guy(who I don't think could ride the ride himself :() explained the clicks and lights to me. He was really sweet. He said, "you are easily in the green light and I didn't even push the harness down. If it only went to here(he raised the harness to the yellow light) you could go ahead and use the modified seating. If it only went here(he raised the harness to the red light) you would not be able to ride."
:cool1: The ride was awesome! The second time I rode a cm close to the boarding asked in some subtly wizardy way(I can't for the life of me remember what he said) if I was comfortable riding and I said yes and that was it.
I really don't think it has to do with weight so much. It is really your body shape and how your weight is distributed. I am pretty much "butt-less" and have no hips to mention. If you have a big chest *and* carry your weight in your hips/thighs it felt like it would be hard to get the green light.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter