Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Final thoughts/future trips 4/2p90 The End 4/4p92

Ok...so let me make sure I have this right....you were IN Mexico, and you got a frozen made out of chemical psuedo margarita INSTEAD OF taking five more minutes and getting a REAL Rita in the Ditch in a to go cup?????

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

You should hang your heads in SHAME, Delaware girls!!!! :sad2: :rotfl:

I'm glad you liked Kouzzina- I have yet to try it because I read sooooooo many awful reviews. Maybe I'll go in November. :goodvibes

And thanks for all the GORGEOUS pics of my new home- we closed on our BWV contract on Saturday. :banana: :banana: Just waiting for the points to be deposited. :thumbsup2

You always manage to find the most interesting drinks in Epcot! I would never think of looking in Morocco for drinks! :laughing: And the tea stand in China is somewhere I definitely need to stop on my next trip! :cool1:

Kouzinna looks good, I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to try it though! :rotfl:

Love your pics of the Boardwalk, it's so pretty over there! :lovestruc

Sounds like a fun last evening! :)
Glad you enjoyed Kouzzina. We ate there in Sept (same situation only place we could get a last minute adr) and none of us cared for it.

We did have a really fun evening!

Let's just say that the wine flight really helped make it a fun dinner. I love the wine flights. It just enough flavor to cleanse the pallet and then you are on to a new taste.

Kouzzina was not my fav restaurant of the trip, but I would go back again to try something less spicy.

Love the night pics of Boardwalk! Such a beautiful resort :)

And you are so lucky for being able to stay there. I can't wait to try beach club.

Nice pictures of the Boardwalk. I would love to be able to stay there one day.

Me too! I am trying the Beach club villas in May and I would really like to try the Boardwalk soon!

Ok...so let me make sure I have this right....you were IN Mexico, and you got a frozen made out of chemical psuedo margarita INSTEAD OF taking five more minutes and getting a REAL Rita in the Ditch in a to go cup?????

You should hang your heads in SHAME, Delaware girls!!!! :sad2: :rotfl:

I thought I told you that. I seriously did not realize that you could get the Ditch Ritas to go and I didn't know the ones at the stand were so substandard. I definitely won't make that mistake again. I have a lot of catching up to do at the Ditch.

So - consider my head hung in total shame and humiliation!

I'm glad you liked Kouzzina- I have yet to try it because I read sooooooo many awful reviews. Maybe I'll go in November. :goodvibes

Really? That many awful reviews???? :confused3 It wasn't my fav meal of the trip, but it certainly was acceptable. And that Greek wine flight...:thumbsup2.....I highly recommend that!

And thanks for all the GORGEOUS pics of my new home- we closed on our BWV contract on Saturday. :banana: :banana: Just waiting for the points to be deposited. :thumbsup2

You lucky girl! Congratulations! Its such a pretty resort and I can't wait to stay there someday.

You always manage to find the most interesting drinks in Epcot! I would never think of looking in Morocco for drinks! :laughing: And the tea stand in China is somewhere I definitely need to stop on my next trip! :cool1:

Well, despite my attempt to find interesting drinks, I still managed to miss the Ditch which is totally unacceptable.

But that tea stand in China - they have some good stuff there - alcoholic and non alcoholic. I will definitely be back there again.

Kouzinna looks good, I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to try it though! :rotfl:

Really? I didn't think we were being brave. Jen's meal looked pretty normal. Like I said, mine was spicy hot. I will know next time to ask what's spicy hot and probably avoid that.

Love your pics of the Boardwalk, it's so pretty over there! :lovestruc

It really is such a pretty resort. Love it!

:thumbsup2

I KNOW!!!!! Don't worry Ellen....I will set her straight in May :sad2: :rotfl2:

My niece and I went snowboarding yesterday and in the car on the way to the mountain her cell phone went off.....her text message alert noise is a Kimmunicator beep :rotfl:

Wow..I am impressed that you remember what you ate....well I guess that is why you were taking pictures :laughing: Your meal looked delicious but you lost me with the fennel and ouzo...

Can't wait to see that BW view every night in May...:goodvibes

So did you decide on staying an extra day or two? :rolleyes1

Tracy

I KNOW!!!!! Don't worry Ellen....I will set her straight in May :sad2: :rotfl2:

My first stop after arriving is heading to the Ditch where I hope to meet Jen and Melissa and work on my Epcot score card! :rotfl:

My niece and I went snowboarding yesterday and in the car on the way to the mountain her cell phone went off.....her text message alert noise is a Kimmunicator beep :rotfl:

Really? I would love that! Great idea!

Wow..I am impressed that you remember what you ate....well I guess that is why you were taking pictures :laughing: Your meal looked delicious but you lost me with the fennel and ouzo...

I'm impressed that I remember anything about that evening! :rotfl: No, seriously, I did remember that meal because of it be so spicy hot!

Can't wait to see that BW view every night in May...:goodvibes

I know! That's going to be crazy. I have a feeling I will NEVER want to leave. I can't wait!

So did you decide on staying an extra day or two? :rolleyes1

If I could get a $79 return flight and a cheap room at Pop I think I would stay. It's a lot of room changes, but it would be worth it for another night.

It was a tad annoying. I had to either swallow it and spit it back in the cup. EWWWWWH. There was a lot of swallowing going on. The flavor was really good, though. Totally different

UGH though, I have a hard time with floatie things in my drinks. Like I love a mojito but get grossed out by the mint if it goes in my mouth. Pulp in oj...you get the idea.

Only during a mission, so you know what that means. So, between drink in hand and mission, I think that would land us 15 points. Add a pretzel from Germany and we are up to 20! :laughing:

I was in :cloud9: in germany eating the pretzels...oh, SO good! I'm SO in...I want to see the singing beer steins!!!

That was really the only ADR we could get that was (1) open and (2) before 9:30pm. It worked out well. I'm glad we tried it. I would definitely go back and I would totally get that wine flight again because that was some enjoyable wine.

I'm going to have to blame that last one on Jen. I think she bought it for me before I had time to process. :rotfl: And then, I HAD to drink it.

I felt the mix the next day. Very slow start to the day!

Uh huh. ALL Jen's fault I'm sure. :rotfl:

Sounds like you had a fabulous evening in WS with lots of great drinks! That dinner looks fab too! Great night! I think we will be having a few of those nights in a few months ;)

What a just absolutely perfect, perfect day/evening!! Good friend, a bit of booze, my favorite park, and spicy meal wiht complementary (as in well-paired) wine... WOW!!!

I"m suprised you could even FIND your camera. :lmao:

Love the pictures of the Boardwalk, I just love that area. Kouzzinas was not a fave of mine. DH liked the stew, but my flank steak was so salty that I just could not eat it. DH loves salt, but he didn't like it either.

We miss Spoodles.:sad1:

UGH though, I have a hard time with floatie things in my drinks. Like I love a mojito but get grossed out by the mint if it goes in my mouth. Pulp in oj...you get the idea.

Yuck....I don't like pulp in OJ. mint in Mojitos I can tolerate because, after all, it IS a mojito. The ginger was just weird. I won't get it again. Too many floaty-free drinks out there.

I was in :cloud9: in germany eating the pretzels...oh, SO good! I'm SO in...I want to see the singing beer steins!!!

Oh...WE ARE doing that mission!!!!! It's too funny!

Uh huh. ALL Jen's fault I'm sure. :rotfl:

Where is Jen to defend herself? Such an enabler, that girl! :rotfl:

Sounds like you had a fabulous evening in WS with lots of great drinks! That dinner looks fab too! Great night! I think we will be having a few of those nights in a few months ;)

We really did have such a fun evening! I can't wait for some more Epcot evenings in May! There's just so much to do, see, eat, and drink! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

What a just absolutely perfect, perfect day/evening!! Good friend, a bit of booze, my favorite park, and spicy meal wiht complementary (as in well-paired) wine... WOW!!!

I"m suprised you could even FIND your camera. :lmao:

It really was a great day / evening. It was laid back, yet so fun. I really recommend that wine flight. So great!

I think I almost left the camera in the restaurant, so after that I slung it across my chest so I wouldn't leave it behind.

Love the pictures of the Boardwalk, I just love that area. Kouzzinas was not a fave of mine. DH liked the stew, but my flank steak was so salty that I just could not eat it. DH loves salt, but he didn't like it either.

Ugghhhh.....that's no good. No one needs a salty steak. Yuck!

I love the Boardwalk, too. Such a great area!

We miss Spoodles.:sad1:

All day I have been trying to remember what Kouzzina used to be called. Spoodles - that's it! Thank you for the reminder. I liked Spoodles, too!

Oh you girls had such a wonderful evening! Even if your posts were light on the pictures, I still loved hearing the story. I love Iron Chef and always watch it when Cat Cora's doing the cooking but I am afraid to try the restaurant since we are pretty picky eaters.

Oh you girls had such a wonderful evening! Even if your posts were light on the pictures, I still loved hearing the story. I love Iron Chef and always watch it when Cat Cora's doing the cooking but I am afraid to try the restaurant since we are pretty picky eaters.

We really did have a great evening! It was so fun! I would definitely do it over again in a heart beat!

Since I LOVE seafood, I usually pick that when I'm not sure if I will like the food. I just have to remember to ask about the "heat factor". :laughing:

Speaking of that view on the Boardwalk..... Isn't it? :cloud9::cloud9: The only way I have ever left w/o tears in my eyes has been due to another trip coming up very soon. I just love it there....:lovestruc

My last picture of the evening was a sad attempt to capture the sparkles in the pavement!

IMG_9876.jpg

That is a fun shot!

So would you go back to Kouzzina? The food looked good.

I love me some drinking around the world.:thumbsup2

Speaking of that view on the Boardwalk..... Isn't it? :cloud9::cloud9: The only way I have ever left w/o tears in my eyes has been due to another trip coming up very soon. I just love it there....:lovestruc

Wait? How did I miss this last night? Sorry Wigd.

It really is a beautiful resort! I can't wait to stay there! Hopefully my next trip with Denny!

I love the part where the boats sweep over the city. I really wanted a picture of that, but realized it would be completely impossible without a flash. And even with an illegal flash I would probably get NADA.

The problem with using a flash inside PP (only know because DH didn't know the rules the first trip we took) is that it illuminates things you aren't meant to see and ruins the illusion

I have always found this building somewhat intriguing

IMG_8188.jpg

This is one of my favorite buildings in MK, I would love it more if it weren't always so darn busy right there in that walkway!

I'm always so focused on the bride that I never noticed the wedding cake...with a headless groom :eek:

That is a fun shot!

So would you go back to Kouzzina? The food looked good.

I love me some drinking around the world.:thumbsup2

Hey Princess JV...Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I got pretty busy at work today and only had time for 30 seconds of DIS'ing. :rolleyes1

I would definitely go back to Kouzzina. I think I would be more prepared and get a better idea of the dishes before I went. I am actually going there for breakfast in May and the breakfast menu looks AMAZING! I can't wait.

Drinking around the world was really fun! Can't wait to do it again in May. Of course, if I overdo it I might not be getting out of bed at all! :rotfl:

The problem with using a flash inside PP (only know because DH didn't know the rules the first trip we took) is that it illuminates things you aren't meant to see and ruins the illusion

Good point Katie! I really didn't think about that. I just know I have never gotten good pictures in that ride.

This is one of my favorite buildings in MK, I would love it more if it weren't always so darn busy right there in that walkway!

Wouldn't it be cool if they would do something with that building? It's so easy to overlook, but it really is a cool place and its so nostalgic because of it origins.

I'm always so focused on the bride that I never noticed the wedding cake...with a headless groom :eek:

True - I completely forgot about that picture. Wow - it turned really good. Kudos to me! :rotfl:

I am glad you are still catching up because I have been working on this thing so long I have forgotten what I already wrote about.

MEK gave me a *gentle* reminder that I need to write an update ;) and she's right, I do. I went back through my pics and I don't have a whole lot more from this night! Then I realized that the next day was our *gulp* last day and it would be over! So I decided if I didn't finish the TR then the trip would never be over. Wouldn't that be nice?

Doesn't work that way. DARN!

9-10_WDW_462.jpg

China was next up to refill our drinks!

9-10_WDW_461.jpg

No, we didn't get these. We ordered off the menu:

9-10_WDW_460.jpg

MEK got the Mango Gingerita and I went with a Peach Snap. It was sweet, very sweet, and very schanppy. I made it to Germany which is one of my favorite places in all of WDW! Because of that, and becasue I was holding a drink and feeling woozy, I didn't snap a lot of pictures.

I want one of these!
9-10_WDW_459.jpg

I have a Black Forest Cuckoo clock that my Grandma got for me, and I love it, but it's not as fancy as this (nor as expensive!)

YES! The singing steins! We had no idea what was going to happenand when they broke out into song MEK cracked up and made them do it again so she could get a pic.

Oh great, the beer hat pic. I'm never going to live that pic down and you had to post it twice? Can't you put one of those fancy photobucket filters on it and make it more artsy and less fartsy?

If you're wondering why I'm making a dumber face than usual, it was because of what happened when I went to pose. I set my almost empty drink on the shelf in the shop, propped my arm on the shelf, and promptly tipped the shelf up and knocked my drink to the floor!

MEK thought that was hilarious too. :sad2:

Then we moved on; to a bio-break for the Sherpa.

9-10_WDW_458.jpg

9-10_WDW_457.jpg

9-10_WDW_456.jpg

I like the Tangerine Cafe but I'm not a huge fan of the sit-down place here.

Ahhh.... I love to see SE without the arm! Maybe there's hope for the big hat at MGM?
9-10_WDW_455.jpg

I think we hoofed it over to the Boardwalk for our ressie so I only have this pic:
9-10_WDW_472.jpg

I like this place! I have to take DH here, I know he'll love it. He's also a HUGE Iron Chef fan and would just like to eat at a Cat Cora restaurant. Minor correction to MEK's post: I did not have the baklava, I had the galaktoboureko - Semolina Custard in Baked Phyllo Dough and Vanilla-Praline gelato, on my Greek friends recommendation - good choice!

I have to admit, by the time we got to the Boardwalk I was feelin' it and a little :sick: but I bucked up, got another drink, and solidered on! Thank goodness there was food involved!

It was beautiful when we left. I tried to take some good pics but it was tricky with my little camera.
9-10_WDW_471.jpg

9-10_WDW_470.jpg

9-10_WDW_469.jpg

Then we went somewhere... and she got a drink... and I don't think I did... and we went to China to drop off the Kimunicator and the fireworks started! We watched and strolled and snapped away merrily, and a little drunkenly.

9-10_WDW_468.jpg

9-10_WDW_467.jpg

9-10_WDW_466.jpg

9-10_WDW_465.jpg

9-10_WDW_464.jpg

9-10_WDW_463.jpg

D4D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter