Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Final thoughts/future trips 4/2p90 The End 4/4p92

So Dale just got his vacation approved, after they cancelled the dates we originally wanted, and now once again we are missing meeting you by just a few days. I think this is about the 3rd time we've just missed each other :sad2:

Anyway, Caitlin and I are going to arrive on the 6th so we can do the race on the 7th and Dale will join us on the 8th. Wish our dates had been able to overlap!

So Dale just got his vacation approved, after they cancelled the dates we originally wanted, and now once again we are missing meeting you by just a few days. I think this is about the 3rd time we've just missed each other :sad2:

Anyway, Caitlin and I are going to arrive on the 6th so we can do the race on the 7th and Dale will join us on the 8th. Wish our dates had been able to overlap!

I just read this on your TR. I know you guys always take a morning flight, so if I can catch a break on flights, I might try to stay one more day. IDK. I really want to meet you guys.

It also looks like you are planning a trip over Labor Day and my AP will still be good then, so ya never know!

Yeah - I think the Ditch is a given for cinco de Mayo. For some reason I remember lasts year meet starting at 11 or 1130.

I'm pretty sure the meet was at noon. That was the day we did the Segway tour and afterwards we explored The Seas then went over to Sunshine Seasons and grabbed some lunch before heading to The Cave, I know we wouldn't have eaten lunch before 11.

Hey, I just saw from Poolrat on All7's TR that if you go in and just re-save your siggie that looks fine when you look at it, it seems to be "taking". Several people's were messed up and now fixed.

I just read this on your TR. I know you guys always take a morning flight, so if I can catch a break on flights, I might try to stay one more day. IDK. I really want to meet you guys.

It also looks like you are planning a trip over Labor Day and my AP will still be good then, so ya never know!

You're right we do have a morning flight. We are due to arrive at MCO at 10am. Hope it works out so we can meet up but I know one day we will :goodvibes

Oh yeah! I was hoping you'd want the mansions, I'm good with anything but that's my top choice. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Sorry - missed this last night. Was too devastated by Dawn's news that she WON'T be there at the same time as us after all. Now trying to figure out how much it would cost me to stay an extra day.

Hey, I just saw from Poolrat on All7's TR that if you go in and just re-save your siggie that looks fine when you look at it, it seems to be "taking". Several people's were messed up and now fixed.

You were right about the siggie - worked like a charm! :worship: Phew....I feel so much better now.

I'm pretty sure the meet was at noon. That was the day we did the Segway tour and afterwards we explored The Seas then went over to Sunshine Seasons and grabbed some lunch before heading to The Cave, I know we wouldn't have eaten lunch before 11.

Well, that makes sense. I know they were pretty strict about kicking Jen and I out before 12pm, so its probably the same even on Cinco de Mayo! Well, now Dawn will not be there. Bummer!

You're right we do have a morning flight. We are due to arrive at MCO at 10am. Hope it works out so we can meet up but I know one day we will :goodvibes

I hope we do get to meet one of these days, but the main thing is you were able to straighten all your ADRS and get you flights! :cool1:

I will start by saying that I totally suck as a friend on this TR. I have felt so far behind, that I was always hesitant to start when I can't give a bunch of time to catch up. (You should see my "to do" book read!) Anyway... I have an entire day today to spend at my leisure and want to hit this TR from start to your most recent post and am well underway! :cool1: I just found a few things I knew I might forget to respond to if I did not quote every 20 pages or so!!!:lmao:

I posted my responses in BLUE!

There were behind the scene heros, there were people who responded with profound inner strength, and there were people who crumbled under pressure.
I will always remember hearing the words from a huge investment broker with an Ivy League degree, who was praising a maintenance man who barely graduated HS.

The maintenance man happened to be in the office the Ivy League man was when the tower was hit and the door could not be opened to let people out. They were trapped and panicked. This blue collar man saved the lives of 30 people who would have died because in all their diploma's and classwork, they were not trained to think outside the box.

The maintenance man said he thought they could punch a hole through the wall to get to the hallway. The big wigs looked puzzled because they assumed you could not do such a thing? Well sure enough the walls were not solid all the way through and after lying on his back and kicking through and using basic office things to keep widening the hole, he had a route out.

This reminded me of a few things that I hope I have instilled in my children.

#1 Never give up.

#2 Never assume the first way is the only way.

#3 There are times if you can't go around, over or under, you can try going through.

#4 Be respectful to everyone you meet and never treat anyone lesser than you for any reason because your life may soon depend on their generosity, kindness and a strength you do not posses no matter what you think you bring to the table.

IMG_7892.jpg

I'm not gonna lie - I completely stole this idea from Dawn's TR. But I love it so I made Jen provide daily sign language everyday.
I have to tell Leah her idea is now legend here since you used it! :rotfl2:

Finally we have arrived at POFQ and despite the fact that our bags were the last to be unloaded, Norm did give exceptional service.....

IMG_7918.jpg

Holy Cow!!! Jen really got a tan stepping off the bus! I almost did not recognize her! :rotfl:

I haven't done this one in a while. DH is too Pooh sized for this. Last time he rode it he had to wrap his legs in such a way that when the ride dipped he just about flew out and that was it. So unless he gets shorter, or the cars get longer, he's gonna stay away from this.
[/size][/color]
Hey! Dan is 6'6 and a big boy to boot and he asked which seat was the best for him. (I will have to ask him which it was when I talk to him later.) Anyway, he almost flew out before he rode and asked so tell your hubby it is possible! Do not give up hope!!!

Cooled off, we excited door #2 and headed to you know where......
Okay MEK...what are your moves for exciting a door? Feather Boa? Maybe if the door has really been good, a massage with a rag and Old English? :rotfl2: Does door #1 respond the same as door #2 or are you a monogamous door exciter???

Inquiring minds baby!

OK - I'm gonna admit here that I didn't know she opened and closed her eyes. What a loser! How many times have I been on this ride and missed THAT! Sheesh!
Me neither!!!

Is this not the cutest hat?

IMG_8227.jpg

I love the half face shadow here! Seriously makes the picture amazing!!!!:worship:

I am all about this drinking update! :laughing:

What brilliance to bring your beer along in the resort mug! Filing that idea away in my brain! ;)

I am also filing the idea of getting Cave 'Ritas to go. I don't see us sitting in there to have a margarita, but getting them to go is a definite idea!

Beautiful pics of Norway! Disney should really hire the two of you to do publicity shots for them!

My favorite pic of these updates? The empty beverage cup pic! :lmao:

I will start by saying that I totally suck as a friend on this TR. I have felt so far behind, that I was always hesitant to start when I can't give a bunch of time to catch up. (You should see my "to do" book read!) Anyway... I have an entire day today to spend at my leisure and want to hit this TR from start to your most recent post and am well underway! :cool1: I just found a few things I knew I might forget to respond to if I did not quote every 20 pages or so!!!:lmao:

I posted my responses in BLUE!

You don't totally suck as a friend. We probably started this thing when you were super busy and you have had your own health issues to deal with it. I find that if I don't DIS every or every other day, I get way too far beyond and then its really hard to catch up.

I'm so glad you got a chance to really catch up today. Jen and I really did have such a fab trip. It's been fun to write about it!

Hey! Dan is 6'6 and a big boy to boot and he asked which seat was the best for him. (I will have to ask him which it was when I talk to him later.) Anyway, he almost flew out before he rode and asked so tell your hubby it is possible! Do not give up hope!!!

Jen's DH is really tall. I think he might have an inch or so on Dan. It will be interesting to see how tall her boys get.

Thanks so much for stopping by and catching up Dawn! Tell Leah that I love her idea and I will use it for every trip report!

#4 Be respectful to everyone you meet and never treat anyone lesser than you for any reason because your life may soon depend on their generosity, kindness and a strength you do not posses no matter what you think you bring to the table.

This is a great quote Dawn and certainly words to live by!
I am all about this drinking update! :laughing:

What brilliance to bring your beer along in the resort mug! Filing that idea away in my brain! ;)

:rotfl: Nothing like a good all update based on drinking and Kim Possible missions! :rotfl:

I am also filing the idea of getting Cave 'Ritas to go. I don't see us sitting in there to have a margarita, but getting them to go is a definite idea!

Exactly. If I am going to sit somewhere to drink in Disney, I want it to be outside. :thumbsup2 Since I have any one rita from the Cave yet, I have a lot of catching up to do!

Beautiful pics of Norway! Disney should really hire the two of you to do publicity shots for them!

I wish! Wouldn't THAT be a great job!

My favorite pic of these updates? The empty beverage cup pic! :lmao:

I agree! Who would ever thing the bottom of a cup would look so cool!

Great updates girls! Hey MEK....think really hard about Labor Day weekend....Caitlin, Dawn, me and Jas will be there....would be so awesome for all of us to be there at the same time wouldn't it??:goodvibes

Great updates girls! Hey MEK....think really hard about Labor Day weekend....Caitlin, Dawn, me and Jas will be there....would be so awesome for all of us to be there at the same time wouldn't it??:goodvibes

OK - I will think really hard about it because it would be really fun to meet you ladies. I really like late August/early September for a visit to the world. Its a great time! And having an AP that is still good until 9/12 certainly doesn't hurt! :rolleyes1

Two nights. We're not in Epcot until the 6th!

What???????? What the heck is going on that I am missing everyone???????

When are you going to be at Disney?

Yes, Nilla, When ARE you going to be in Disney???

WOWSA! That is one awesomely long trip. LUCKY!!!!! Well, are you sure you can't do a little Epcot drive by on the 5th? :rolleyes1

Are you guys staying at CSR again?

Well, are you sure you can't do a little Epcot drive by on the 5th? :rolleyes1

Are you guys staying at CSR again?

Yes, CSR. The original plan was for Epcot on the 5th, but guess who foiled that?You got it...those stinkin' grads! MK is on the 5th now, Epcot on the 6th. The 6th will be our "beat down Futureworld" day, where we don't even step foot in World Showcase. Dinner at Coral Reef. We have 3 more days in Epcot beyond that, so there will still be lots of drinkin'!

Yes, CSR. The original plan was for Epcot on the 5th, but guess who foiled that?You got it...those stinkin' grads! MK is on the 5th now, Epcot on the 6th. The 6th will be our "beat down Futureworld" day, where we don't even step foot in World Showcase. Dinner at Coral Reef. We have 3 more days in Epcot beyond that, so there will still be lots of drinkin'!

Well, I know you guys love Epcot so its great that you can visit so much during your trip. I like the idea of "beatdown Futureworld". That would be fun, but I would probably HAVE to sneak over to the world showcase for a little adult refreshment. :rolleyes1 Let's see if you REALLY make it all day! :laughing:

Well, I know you guys love Epcot so its great that you can visit so much during your trip. I like the idea of "beatdown Futureworld". That would be fun, but I would probably HAVE to sneak over to the world showcase for a little adult refreshment. :rolleyes1 Let's see if you REALLY make it all day! :laughing:

We have good will power when it comes to resisting the urge to get a drink on that day. Well, as long as you don't count the drink at dinner, booze-filled dessert, and drinks back at the resort that night :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter