In Search of My Body vol.9 - I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

PAULA! Awesome job on the loss! So glad to see you headed in the right direction! WTG!

Thanks for the sleepy thoughts, but I am feeling good. I am pretty well caught up with work and just taking care of some odds and ends and then plan to head to bed. But considering I got almost no sleep last night, I have done well all day, had a good run, and feel fine now. So I'll take it.

Ok, I have known for a while that we are all in a rut and we all need a challenge! So let's go. Just a 4-weeker until the 4th of July. We can TOTALLY do that.

For those who have never done a challenge with us before, you can to set your own goal(s). What is it that you want to get in the habit of doing or work on/improve? Some folks start small and choose just one thing (i.e.: drinking water, tracking at least 5 days per week, etc.) while others have more rigorous goals because some of the other stuff is already in place.

So, I am going to go first and state my goals (and I have several):

--Run 4x/week, including 1 long run per week (7+ miles)
--X-train 2x/week
--core 5x/week
--track 5x/week

Ok, those are my goals--post yours! Again--focus on what YOU need to and choose goals that are realistic for YOU. Trying to do everything at once is usually a recipe for failure. So start with manageable and achievable goals.

Once everyone has posted their goals, I will do it all up in a chart and post it here.

My goals:

--Run (well, run/walk) 3 times a week - 2 3-mile speed work runs, 1 Sat long run with Galloway program
--X-train twice a week - Sunday hockey, and one other
--Track 6 days a week - stay at or under 1200-1400
--Min of 64 oz of water 7 days a week, with at least 32 extra oz on Fri night

I would also like to be under 180, but that might be pushing it. I was 189.2 this morning.

Yes, they are aggressive, but I have that half on Aug 1. Also, I have been leading up to this over the last 2-3 weeks or so by building up mileage.

E, thanks for doing this!! Also, glad that you're feeling good, and hope you get good sleep tonight. :goodvibes

Kat, great job getting back in the 180s! The way you lose, I won't be a bit surprised if you hit your goal by the 4th!

Since then it's gotten better with looser laces and my soon-to-be-patented "tongue keeper"

I find that all very interesting! Love your "tongue keeper". What a great idea! And the best part is, it seems to be working for you.

Teeny little shoes!! Mine are a honkin size 10

:laughing: me too! "cute shoes" aren't always so cute when they are jumbo sized :headache:

I say this and shouldn't, but it seems like a lot of my soreness, pain, shin issues haven't come back to haunt me yet...

oh jeez. Now you've done it! Quick. Knock on wood. Or throw salt over your shoulder. Something! :laughing:

I know what you mean, Kat. It has been a while since I have had any leg pain at all and I am super afraid of jinxing myself!

That's awesome! I've been almost exclusively biking lately and my back and hamstring are so much happier for the moment. I'm hoping to get started on yoga soon (Wednesday maybe?) and I'm assuming that will only help.

JC went well this week and I am down 2.4 pounds.

:yay: Stress can do wonky things to your body - and with all you've been dealing with lately I willing to bet that it has been effecting you. I'm so happy for you that things have turned a corner :goodvibes

BTW - have you finished your journal for the day yet? ;)

Doing it right now. Thanks for checking :lovestruc

Ok, I have known for a while that we are all in a rut and we all need a challenge! So let's go. Just a 4-weeker until the 4th of July. We can TOTALLY do that.

I'm so in. I'll figure out what I want to do and post my goals tomorrow.

I'm psyched about the challenge, I need to get myself going on some things again.

- 64 oz of water a day, I need to get back to it.
- tracking what I eat (even if I'm not sure of the calories) at least 6 days a week
- return to making my own lunches instead of having a salad delivered almost every day
- get a good nights sleep!

I'm also making it a goal to hit 125lbs by July 4. My original goal was 130 and I'm at 131 now. I stopped working at loosing and just let myself stay at 131 for awhile. It's time for me to kick those last pounds.

I'm not setting myself any real running or cross training goals because I'm just under three weeks from my half so I will follow my training till the half then take the needed rest time. I'm worried if I set any exercise goals I may feel guilty after.

I think that's it for me! I really need myself back on track.

I'm here. Hate Mondays. They start at 5:30 for me and end about now.

Did somebody say challenge? I'm not chancing my back yet with jogging so I had to get unique. It is tight but not painful.

PT back exercise - 6 days
1500 cals - track daily
Water - I'm ready for my lashings. I do not stay hydrated. 48 oz of water daily. Big problem for me.

Nancy- All this talk about hula hoops... I'm so short I still might be able to use a kids one! I used to be a master at hula hoops though, I could do multiples, now I'm just really good at the Wii Fit hula hooping! :rotfl:

E- Way to go on the run and the no pain. Sometimes you need one run like that to turn things around! Thanks for getting the challenge going too!

Kat- I have been taking the generic version of zytrec(sp?) which usually helps but things have settled in my chest, I'm going to try the mucinex, I would have never thought of that. By the way how is hockey lately? I have to get my hockey fix from you.

Paula- A loss is still a loss! Way to go!

Hi to everyone else. My brain continues to be mush thanks to lots of allergy medicine so I forget who else I was responding to.

Oh I did get in an 11 mile run tonight with pace hovering right around 10:00 per mile. I went to my hip hop class as well but skipped out on my kickboxing class. Everything feels good, just need these allergies to go away.

Meg - we have started the summer league. Unfortunately, a bit of "drama", but I think we may have it resolved. We won our game last night, 4-1.

Zyrtec knocks me out but good. Totally can't function for the entire 24 hour period!

11 miles at a 10:00 mile pace!! I am so envious. I am such a snail.

Good Morning Everyone,

Super quick fly-by from me, just to post my goals so they are out there!

I am going back to basics:

2 litres of water a day
Track everything
30 mins exercise daily

I think that by going back to what I learnt at the start and working my way up is the way to go!

Out of curiosity I went on google and converted litres to ounces, as you guys post your water in ounces and I wanted to compare - 2 litres is just over 67 ounces so thats good!

Have a great day everyone :)

Hi All

Goals

Coke once a week ONLY
Track better
Workout 5x a week
175-171 by July 4, 168 by Aug 5 (I am 180 now)
I have been stuck at 180 since April

Ok, off to do elliptical now!

So exciting to see everyone's goals. Looks like this challenge was just what we all needed!

I think the exercise piece of my puzzle is in place, so I'm going back to nutritional basics.

Water - min 48oz per day, really aiming for 64oz
alcohol - one night per week only
tracking - everything will get written down daily regardless of what it is, min 5 days per week to stay within my WW points limits.

Workout done.
20 mins of high intence Ellitical. I still hope one day I can spend an hour on that thing like you do E. But for now I am happy with my 20 mins. (before I could only do level 1 for 3 mins and I thought I was going to die!)...

Oh one more Goal for me, by July 4, I would LOVE to break out of my 2 mile rut and consitanly do a 3.5.

Have a great Tuesday!

Alexa asked me,"Mommy, when is your summer break from work like mine from school?"

I gave her a big hug and kiss and said Mommy and Daddy do not get a break like you.:sad2:

Awesome goals everyone! Yup, looks like we needed a challenge, that's for sure! I am waiting on a couple of folks and then I'll post the chart. :thumbsup2

Thanks, E for getting our butts in gear :)

Goals:
At least 48 oz water daily
Bring lunch from home at least 3 days a week instead of eating at cafeteria
Work out with Carlos at least once a week.

That last one is something I wanted to talk to you guys about. It's no secret to Carlos that I REALLY want to get healthy and lose some weight. He's not really overweight, but he also wants to get healthy before his metabolism starts to slow down and it all catches up with him.

For those of you with significant others...how do you meet your weight loss goals together?

Especially that we are living together now, we agreed that working on this TOGETHER is going to be the easiest way to achieve our goals, because we can hold each other accountable and support each other.

Cathie--Jeff and I both work out A LOT. And basically, we each just make it a priority. Let's say it is a Saturday and I promised to ______ (fill in the blank with any particular chore around the house). Jeff knows that I won't do it until AFTER I run. And he expects and respects that. Working out is the priority for both of us as much as possible. (Obviously, we don't have our workouts be more important than the kids' needs, but if it is a stupid chore vs. a workout? The workout wins.)

Because of the kids, we don't often workout together--he'll go for a run and then I'll go when he gets back or any arrangement like that.

But we used to workout together all the time. In fact, that is how we met--at the gym. Basically, we just went to the gym together--it isn't like we were workout partners or anything, since we were doing very different forms of exercise. But we showed up together, each did our workout--and would check-in with each other throughout the time; just lots of bantering back and forth the way you do in a gym--and we left together. We planned out workouts for right before dinner (best time to workout, IMO, in terms of metabolic boost and weight loss), so we would come home from the gym and immediately start making dinner together. It was a GREAT system. And to date, that is when both of us were at our thinnest and in our most fit. Of course, we were in our 20s and had no kids, so there you go.

The biggest thing, though, is food. Remember that you CAN'T out-train a bad diet. Which means if you have particular foods that you just can't control yourself around, but which are no big deal for Carlos, well then--don't have those foods in the house. And being supportive means that he is willing to not bring that stuff into the house.

The other part is cooking dinners (or whatever meals) and eating AT HOME and not always going out and/or getting take-out. You need to prepare as many meals at home as possible.

Cathie, here is my experience with trying to stay healthy together.

D and I did work out for a time, together, and we basically had to make the gym date and then meet at the end. Our styles and what we wanted to accomplish were very different. It did help to go together, though.

Now, well... we try to work on the eating thing together but working out is totally separate (well, he doesn't do it, and I do it a lot!). We have also decided that eating the same things just doesn't work for us, so a lot of times we will make separate meals then eat them together. It solved a lot of the "What do you want for dinner? I dunno, what do you want?" fights.

Unlike E (although we do not have kids), I do not get a pass just because I need/want to run or work out. I usually have to schedule any kind of activity so that it doesn't conflict with chores or any other things that we do. However, our work schedules are WILDLY different and I get some time to myself, so that helps a lot. I also do a lot of my working out at lunch, and now early morning Sats or scheduled activities like Sun evening hockey.

Hopefully you two can work out something that works for you! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter