In Search of My Body vol.9 - I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

AKASnowWhite

more drink less run since 2008
Welcome to Vol 9 of our little thread! For nearly 2 ½ years, this thread has been going strong! Many have come, a few have gone and some of us have stuck it out thru thick and thin.

Our gains have been greater than our losses. While many of us have lost some weight all of us have gained a lot. We’ve gained friendship. We’ve gained insights and we've gained confidence. We’ve expanded our horizons in ways we may have never thought possible. And we’ve gained BLING! Yes, seven of us trained and completed the Princess ½ marathon together in March.

You’ll find we have different goals, different methods for achieving better health. Perhaps we may all wish there was a simple “quick fix”, however we know that is not a reality. We fight the daily battles with food and exercise. Some days we win, other days we struggle. But we support one another, we share and we care as we all work to achieve balance in our lives.

It’s true that this is a weight loss thread, and we hope you’ll choose to join us because you’ll find that we are about so much more.

Good Morning Goddesses and Lurkers! Welcome all! Wow, we are already up to volume 9. How awesome is that!

The title says it all - through thick and thin, we get by with a little help from our friends.

New thread - new begining! Can't wait to see what great things this thread will bring.

WOO HOO! Signing in!

Welcome to all new folks!

Yup, I need a fresh start!

Bah, tried to quote posts from the previous thread and can't. I used to be able to do that!

Paula--great job with the 12 miles! And what a pace! HOMG! Way to go!

I haven't been on the bike in a while--the position aggravates my shoulder, so I am just running for now with elliptical for cross training. I can't take ANY of my classes due to this rotator cuff. I go to the orthopedist today to see what we can do about this.

TODAY IS NATIONAL RUNNING DAY! Get out there, everyone!

I am heading out shortly for a 6-miler. Needs to happen.

I am IN for a Fresh Start!!!!
Thanks for starting us off Nancy.

Great Ride Paula

Have a good run E.

I had good workouts last week. Eating, thats another story!:scared1:

No workout Yesterday, Alexa had her program last night. I did not cry!!!!!
I almost did but I did not. Tomorrow is the school picnic I am heading up the games. Lucky Me!! Alexa is excited for me to be there.

I hope to get the elliptical in tonight, but I am fighting a cold bug. Bad headach. So we will see

This Weeks Goal. Stay on Point with POINTS!! One day at a time.
June's Goal. Do more than 2 miles, get out of my comfort zone.

Have a great day ALL!!

Kelly, Thanks for the tip on the hotel!

IN!!

Love the intro Nancy!! :goodvibes

E, YUP!! I am headed to the gym at lunch to do my short run.

Run = done. Good. I think I'll do a stair workout later in the day, too. I'll need to add something else into this day.

TODAY IS NATIONAL RUNNING DAY! Get out there, everyone!

I am heading out shortly for a 6-miler. Needs to happen.

and for those who may not be so much into running, apparently Friday is National Donut Day. When I stopped for coffee at Dunkin' Donuts this morning I saw a sign promoting free donuts on June 4th. Just what we need. :sad2:

Nancy, HAHA!!

My run is done as well. 2 miles with a 5 min warmup and 5 min cool down. I haven't really trained much in the last month and a half so I am easing into this slowly. Don't want to up my mileage too much too fast and wind up hurt, and I have another short run scheduled for tomorrow.

So, Saturday is a 4 mile run. My gym FINALLY added Zumba and I would love to try it. There is an 11:20 class. Do you think I could do the run and Zumba?

Am I on the first page?! :cool1:

Awesome!

Hope everyone is having a happy national running day!

So, Saturday is a 4 mile run. My gym FINALLY added Zumba and I would love to try it. There is an 11:20 class. Do you think I could do the run and Zumba?

So jealous that you have Zumba! I think you should be fine to do both. I've only done a couple of Zumba classes, and quite honestly I was spending more time trying to stay out of peoples way than actually working out! Once you get the hang of it, you may change your mind about doing double-duty like that, but to start I'm guessing you'll be fine.

Am I on the first page?! :cool1:

:laughing: Welcome to Page 1 Kelly!

No run for me I got a sick baby, double ear infection.
I will run in the AM. I have to do some work tonight, taking the day off tomorrow to take Alexa to her school picnic.

I did ok on points today, a little over, but it could of been worse.

Happy Hump Day ALL!!

I had something snarky to say, but I seem to have forgotten. Must be the wine. :rotfl2:

I'll come back when I remember.

Now I remember--Zumba! OMG, I could never do it. SO not coordinated enough. (See? The snark was about ME not anyone else! :lmao: )

But since I haven't ever really done it, I am not sure how much it tires the legs, so I can't advise whether you can zumba and run on the same day.

Kat--I notice that they have you upping your mileage by 1 mile/week. Did Galloway talk about that at all? Conventional training says that you only increase 10% per week. So, if you did a 5 mile run, the next week you could do 5.5 miles, and so on. I'm wondering if it is more aggressive due to the walking intervals (which, in turn, decrease the likelihood of injuries)?

<lurk off>

Hi goddesses. I have been reading about vacations and guys and bikes and running and heat. Between work and life we are busy and the DIS gets the short shrift.

I have decided to do the WDW Marathon in January. I realized I'll want to do one eventually and I just get older every year. It's a nice flat course, the weather can't be that weird two years running and that MEDAL! The time is now. So.... a new training schedule and new obsession.

I'm not signed up yet. IF the full sold out last year it was at least Thanksgiving. I have time to see if I can do a 20 mile training run. I'll be doing this on the cheap - off site, possibly no park admission. Just the run.

DGF and I are running a race this Saturday - can't believe I missed national running day. She's doing the 5k and I the 10. Her niece's HS graduation party is Saturday night.

Off to walk the dog,
Ronda

Ronda, nice to see you

WOW doing a full, good for you. You ARE an inspiration.
I think I read once that you started this all with just a walk to the corner?
Good for you!!!!!
:worship:

E, I'm not really sure? The plan goes 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10. None of that is really 10% addition?

Then again, if you are walking half of the distance, not sure if that counts?

I may ask the pace leader on Sat. We usually have about 15 min of standing around before we start.

Zumba. Not going to try this Sat after all, as I already scheduled a pedicure for that time frame. :laughing: I think that other branches of my gym in the area have it on a night/time that I can make, so I might give it a try on a non-running day and see how it goes.

Ronda, HI!! Wow, good for you on deciding to do the full!!

I think if I were actually going to consider a full someday, it would be either the WDW one, or the OBX full (been looking at the half, today) in November. The course opens at 7AM and doesn't close until 3PM, and is mostly flat.

Welcome back Ronda! Awesome on the full. I hope you don't get sleeted on again this year.

Jo - sorry for the sick kiddo!

Kat - Zumba sounds fun, but I am less than coordinated. It's kinda funny.

E - drunken posts. :lmao:

Kelly - glad you made it to page 1

Lisa :wave2:

I'm here. Sore but here. I want to run/walk so bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!