• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In Our Daughter's Eyes - Emily's Wish Trip Dec.10-Jan.11 ALL DONE PICS ADDED p.16!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. She is feeling much better and will probably go back to school tomorrow. Her cough is lingering, but she isn't coughing often.

Hopefully I can get back to updating in another day or so!

Came by to get all caught up! Some great pics as usual. So glad you were getting to do most of the things you were really looking forward to!

I followed over from Tim's (that's nice) TR. I have now caught up on all your chapters. You have a beautiful family. I love all of your pictures, and will follow along more closely now.

I hope Emily is feeling better soon.

Sorry to hear Em's got a temperature just when you thought she was doing better. Hopefully it's nothing and she'll be better in the AM.

Came by to get all caught up! Some great pics as usual. So glad you were getting to do most of the things you were really looking forward to!

Thanks Marv. I'm pretty impressed that the sick kids and my hubby were able to push through it all so we could do all that we did! :thumbsup2

I followed over from Tim's (that's nice) TR. I have now caught up on all your chapters. You have a beautiful family. I love all of your pictures, and will follow along more closely now.

I hope Emily is feeling better soon.

Welcome!!!! :banana: I know I have seen you over on Tim's TR. So glad you joined in! :hippie: How did you get a picture with all of the 7 Dwarves, by the way???? :worship:

Sorry to hear Em's got a temperature just when you thought she was doing better. Hopefully it's nothing and she'll be better in the AM.

Thanks, I think I might've over reacted a little, but she has me on edge with this cough lately. The fever (it was mild) was gone in a few hours on it's own. :confused3

Praying Emily feels MUCH better VERY soon and that the fever goes away and stays away!!!!!! :goodvibes

Thank you!!!! No more temp since Wednesday afternoon, still coughing and I've kept her home from school all week. But, mostly she is acting ok.

Thanks for hanging in there everyone! I hope to get the end of Day 4 up tonight or tomorrow . . . .

Welcome!!!! :banana: I know I have seen you over on Tim's TR. So glad you joined in! :hippie: How did you get a picture with all of the 7 Dwarves, by the way???? :worship:

Yes, I am the one that gives Tim grief when he is too slow in updates.

Mark and I saw the 7 Dwarves at our very first Halloween Party last year. I understand they only appear together during the Halloween Party and the Christmas Party. I'm hoping to get a pic with them again this year at the Halloween Party.

Yes, I am the one that gives Tim grief when he is too slow in updates.

Good for you! :thumbsup2

Mark and I saw the 7 Dwarves at our very first Halloween Party last year. I understand they only appear together during the Halloween Party and the Christmas Party. I'm hoping to get a pic with them again this year at the Halloween Party.

That's awesome!!

Thursday, December 30, 2010 Part 2: Christmas at GKTW

When we arrived back at the villa we rested a bit and had another COSTUME CHANGE for Christmas night at GKTW. We dressed in festive colors and went to dinner, where a super nice volunteer sat with the kids while Gee-off and I stood in line for turkey dinner with all the trimmings.

After we finished dinner, we went back to the Safari Theatre, which was newly decorated in a Christmas theme and Santa himself was there for photos. We were one of the first families in line (third, I think), and it was worth it to get there early. We saw Santa and each of the kids picked out a present.

Santa29.jpg

Em wasn't too happy about the man in the red suit
Santa30.jpg

Then we watched a choir from Alabama sing some carols. They invited any kid who wanted to come join them and ring bells. Drew, Carter, and especially Brenna really enjoyed performing with the choir. Brenna made some new best friends. ;)

118.jpg

116.jpg

115.jpg

120.jpg

We had some time before the Christmas parade so we decided to take a carriage ride. We were excited because the carriage was accessible. A carriage was just coming back when we arrived, and I was a bit disappointed that a few other families butted ahead of us to get in the carriage and there wasn't enough room for all 6 of us to get on. We weren't too upset, so we just waited. But we started to realize it was a pretty long ride. One of the volunters told us it was about a 12 minute ride, so we decided just to skip since we were worried that Em might be uncomfortable if it was too bumpy for too long.

123.jpg

126.jpg

So, off we went to spend some time in the castle.

129.jpg

130.jpg

132.jpg

133.jpg

136.jpg

While we waited for the parade, we got some more ice cream cones. Why not??

The parade came by with GKTW characters who danced with all of the families while music played and it even began to “snow”!! They passed out elf hats and reindeer ears and had cotton candy too. Emily really liked the strands of lights hanging from the cart that was playing the music.

141.jpg

Brenna REALLY loved this reindeer!
140.jpg

143.jpg

Drew dancing with Buttons
146.jpg

148.jpg

Brenna was super excited about seeing MORE princesses!!
144.jpg

145.jpg

WinterWonderland96.jpg

Emily loving the lights!
149.jpg

151.jpg

157.jpg

It was another fantastic night, and we went back to the villa exhausted, but happy.

The next day we planned to visit Seaworld and come back to GKTW early for the Pirates and Princesses Party on New Year’s Eve. We had pushed through today though and hadn’t gotten Drew’s ears checked. Carter was also showing some signs of starting his own ear infection.

We knew we should get the kids to the doctor, but we didn't want them to miss another park . . . .

Aw, lots of happy & smiling faces in this update. You can see that the kids loved the parade. :goodvibes
I love the pic of Em admiring the lights. :)

Oh no, Carter too?

Luvin the update and luv that last pic. Carter looks like he's making sure that Bunny doesn't get near his ice-cream lol!

Aw, lots of happy & smiling faces in this update. You can see that the kids loved the parade. :goodvibes
I love the pic of Em admiring the lights. :)

Oh no, Carter too?

Unfortunately yes, Carter too. More on that in the next update. :headache:

Luvin the update and luv that last pic. Carter looks like he's making sure that Bunny doesn't get near his ice-cream lol!

That's probably exactly what he was thinking!! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter