In Our Daughter's Eyes - Emily's Wish Trip Dec.10-Jan.11 ALL DONE PICS ADDED p.16!

You are so right that those meals are more about the experience then about the food itself. I'm so glad that the meal was memorable for you guys, and that the princesses took special time with the kiddos. That makes all the difference in my opinion.

It really was an experience I think even the little ones will remember!

Some more really great updates! Love the smiles with all the princesses and I would be smiling big too with those lip prints on my cheek!!! :banana: Glad you had another fun day and once again I hate we didn't get to meet up. I looked very closely at my pictures of the entrance hoping to catch a glimpse of you guys in one of them. I know it was just about the same exact time...... :sad2:

Well, we'll just have to try to meet up again some other time! (I'm thinking positively about going back one day!) ;)

Love you post so far! Several parts of it reduced me to tears- but what can I say, I cry at almost everything these days! Your family is so beautiful- what a wonderful trip you must have had!

Thank you so much, it means a lot to me when readers take time to post! :cloud9:

Your update is amazing. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. I think we should add Akershus to our list. :thumbsup2

I think you'd love it!!! It was definitely a highlight for us!

TIM - I got it to work!!! Thank you!!! I thought you posted orignally to use the URL and NOT the IMG. But I got it now. :woohoo:

Thanks Judy, I feel bad I'm taking so long, I know all the future wish trippers are looking to get tips for their trips!! I loved Belle's Christmas dress too! Keep reading because we actually get to see her again, and again, each time in a different dress! :love:

I am here for the long haul. :goodvibes We LOVE Belle (she is Lisa's favorite; although, Rapunzel has now become a contender) Looking forward to reading WHEN you have time to post!

hey I'm enjoying your dtr I'm so sorry Emily was so sick on this trip it must of been a headache but still tried to get her to enjoy as much of this trip as possible.

Love the family picture in Epcot....Sound like you had to deal with alot of puke....Hope things got better.

I am here for the long haul. :goodvibes We LOVE Belle (she is Lisa's favorite; although, Rapunzel has now become a contender) Looking forward to reading WHEN you have time to post!

You're so sweet. I'm working on our DHS update right now!

hey I'm enjoying your dtr I'm so sorry Emily was so sick on this trip it must of been a headache but still tried to get her to enjoy as much of this trip as possible.

Thanks for posting! It was rough, but we really did manage to have a great time. :)

Love the family picture in Epcot....Sound like you had to deal with alot of puke....Hope things got better.

Yeah, too much puke for sure. :( It does get better, thanks for posting!! :goodvibes

Great Update.
Sorry Emily was so sick.

Thank you. It really is a shame, I know we would've had more smiles and giggles if she was feeling well.

We made the short drive from Epcot to DHS in just a few minutes. Well, I guess it was more like 15-20 minutes because the DHS exit came up so quickly that we passed it and had to back track a bit to get there!! Ooops. Newbies. :rotfl2:

We arrived right around 3pm and began to follow the blue lines for handicapped parking but an attendant told us the lot was full so we’d have to park far out. We asked if it would be okay to check for an empty handicapped spot first since it was later and we thought maybe a few spots would be open if other people had already left for the day. We really do need the room for unloading Emily’s wheelchair and getting her into it next to the van, and the other kids were pretty tired from Epcot too. She gave us a “whatever” kind of shrug and off we went to check.

There were actually several spots available, so I’m really glad we asked. We got a great spot and began our “costume change”. Yup, we had so many amazing custom outfits from the Big Give, that we had two wear different outfits depending on the park!! The boys changed into their Woody and Buzz shirts, and the girls changed into jean skirts and Jessie shirts for toy Story Mania. I do have to apologize to Ann who made the girls gorgeous bows to match each outfit, because I forgot the bows on most of the days! :headache: I put on my Ariel shirt and DH wore his Star Wars Mickey shirt.

I didn't see any Photpass spots when we went in, but I had everyone stop in front of the huge DHS Christmas tree!

069-1.jpg

068-1.jpg

We picked up our free double stroller for Brenna and Carter and got our Times Guide and Map so we could find the things we wanted to see; Mater and McQueen meet and greet for Carter, Jedi Training for Drew (and DH), Muppets 3D, Toy Story Mania, and the Osbourne Lights for Em. In the Times Guide there was a 30% off coupon if we ate dinner before 4:30. It was around 3:30 and the first eligible restaurant we found was the Backlot Express so we decided to get an early dinner and spend the rest of the time seeing the attractions.

Unfortunately, I think everyone in the park had the same idea because the line was horrendous and it took me almost an hour to get our food. But the good news was, the Jedi training was happening right next to the outdoor seating area of the restaurant, so while DH was waiting with the kids, Drew got to see the show about 3 times! We all finally got to eat,

and then it all went WRONG!! :eek:

Drew asked if he could do the Jedi training. I really had hoped we could fit it in for him, but we had discussed with the kids that we were going to try to do things that Emily could do too, so we said no. And he was very upset. There was no major breakdown or anything, but we could tell he was very disappointed. On top of that, he mentioned that his ear was hurting a little bit. Uh oh. Drew has a history of frequent ear infections and 3 surgeries for ear tubes, so when his ear hurts, it’s usually an ear infection. :sick: I was hopeful that maybe he was just faking because he was mad.

We decided to go find Mater and McQueen first, but came upon the Tatooine gift shop, where we let Drew pick a souvenir and the kids “rode” the Star Wars vehicle. [Forgive me for not knowing the real name, Star Wars fans! Drew says it's the Clone speeder bike??]

070.jpg

Brenna is not happy to be in the back :rotfl:
071-1.jpg

Carter is not happy his turn is over! :lmao:
072.jpg

Drew seemed much happier after that, so we continued on and found Mater and McQueen! There was quite a line and we hadn’t used our magic button to cut any character lines yet, so we were apprehensive, but I got my nerve up to ask the CM at the front and they got us right in. I think the kids were kind of freaked out by the size of the cars because they look a little scared in the pictures! And we were so nervous about cutting the line that we didn’t think to get in the picture with them! Newbies. ;)

Photo0050FourBySix.jpg

Photo0046FourBySix.jpg

We saw the Muppet 3D show right around the corner, and we decided to go see it. DH and I love the Muppets and it was his first choice attraction.

077-1.jpg

While we were waiting in line, Drew starting complaining about his ear again, but we saw the show (I think I fell asleep for a few minutes in the audtorium!!!) and enjoyed it. On the way out, the pain had intensified and Drew was now in tears which is not normal for him! It had also gotten dark and cold again. And we had left our jackets in the car. :eek:

We stopped in the Muppets gift shop so we could get Em a blanket to keep her warm and take turns running the kids to the bathroom, hoping that maybe we could get him to calm down and stay just a little longer. When I got back from the bathroom with Brenna, the super sweet CM at the register was offering a still crying Drew a pin from her collection! He was so upset about his ear that he said no, but she let me pick one for him. And then, when she realized Brenna and Carter were interested, she let them each pick a pin too!! I didn’t get her name, but I really appreciated that!

We decided then that we couldn’t drag Drew around in terrible pain any longer and we had been out at the parks long enough. It meant skipping Toy Story Mania altogether, but it was the right decision. We started to head out of the park and were directed by park attendants to follow the traffic one way, the opposite way of the exit!

It did work out in our favor though, because they were leading everyone to the street where the Osbourne light show was starting! Most everyone was stopped to watch the light show along the street, but we just kept moving and saw the light show on fast forward! Emily did get to see it and I got some quick pics and a video, but we zoomed through it for Drew’s sake.

080-1.jpg

079-1.jpg

078.jpg

Carter and Brenna looking TIRED!
082.jpg

Emily looking UNDERwhelmed.
084.jpg

And I had to try to get pics of "the hat" before we left! But we were hurrying!
085.jpg

086.jpg

We went right to the van, loaded everyone in, and they all slept on the way home. Gee-off and I discussed changing our plans for going to Universal the next day, since it seemed like we might need to make a trip to the doctor!

Day 4: Drew’s sick too, what should we do???

Even in a hurry the lights look beautiful....you just can't win. I am amazed at how well you are handling things.

Even in a hurry the lights look beautiful....you just can't win. I am amazed at how well you are handling things.

They were really beautiful, what a sight! Thanks, it's hard to be unhappy in DisneyWorld!! We were definitely being tested though. When Em woke up sick that first morning I really thought we might just have to pack it all up and go home, but we just wanted to stick it out and try to make the most of it! Why go home and be miserable thinking of everything we didn't get to do?

Granted, I'm still thinking about all we didn't get to do on the days we had to leave the parks early or the parks we had to skip, but we're so grateful for what we did get to do!

Your daughter looks adorable in your profile pics by the way, I love her pose!!! :cutie:

Man, things just didn't seem to be going your way!

You are right though, when you're in Disney, everything seems a little different. You still got to enjoy so many magical things. ;)

Man, things just didn't seem to be going your way!

You are right though, when you're in Disney, everything seems a little different. You still got to enjoy so many magical things. ;)

Don't I know it! I know it was winter and all, but not cool that the kids and my hubby were sick! :(

oh nos! Sounds like alot went wrong on your trip but i think it's hard to not be happy when in disney even with alot of bad stuff happening

You really have made lemonade out of all those lemons. I am so sorry for what you DIDn'T get to do; but, THANKFUL for what you did!!! I wish all of the medical stuff would just STOP when Wish Trips start...if only there was a way to make that happen. Thank you for continuing on with your TR, I love seeing your wonderful family and I am so sorry there was stress, even at Disney...you really did rise to the occasion to give your family a magical time! :flower3:

You really have made lemonade out of all those lemons. I am so sorry for what you DIDn'T get to do; but, THANKFUL for what you did!!! I wish all of the medical stuff would just STOP when Wish Trips start...if only there was a way to make that happen. Thank you for continuing on with your TR, I love seeing your wonderful family and I am so sorry there was stress, even at Disney...you really did rise to the occasion to give your family a magical time! :flower3:

I wish your family hadn't been sick on the trip but Judy is right you made the trip magical anyways. Thanks for taking us along for the ride :lovestruc

oh nos! Sounds like alot went wrong on your trip but i think it's hard to not be happy when in disney even with alot of bad stuff happening

I wish your family hadn't been sick on the trip but Judy is right you made the trip magical anyways. Thanks for taking us along for the ride :lovestruc

Thanks so much everyone! Sometimes I feel like "Debbie Downer" having to talk about Em being sick all the time, and now everyone's sick in my TR and I feel like debbie downer again! :sad2:

They do all start feeling mostly better soon though thank goodness!!! :dance3:

And Em did not throw up at DHS!!! So there's the good news, it was the first Disney Park she didn't get sick in! :banana:

Thanks so much everyone! Sometimes I feel like "Debbie Downer" having to talk about Em being sick all the time, and now everyone's sick in my TR and I feel like debbie downer again! :sad2:

They do all start feeling mostly better soon though thank goodness!!! :dance3:

And Em did not throw up at DHS!!! So there's the good news, it was the first Disney Park she didn't get sick in! :banana:

You are NOT Debbie Downer, I think you are Awesome Aimee...you are reminding us that even after all of the planning, Illness doesn't necessarily go away or leave us alone, even on a MAW trip. I am not sure if you have been over on the Wish Trippers thread the last two days; however, Maroo was reminding us all who are waiting that often we hear only the good stuff... I think it is great you are sharing it ALL with us and I am SO happy the DHS was vomit free for Em! That IS a Blessing!!!!

Thanks. That's her "If I have to leave Disney I am going to do it in style" look. We were on our way to DME bus.

At least with the kids sick you went with the flow. I give up planning in detail and just go with the flow. We know we want to be at rope drop and then decide to go from there. I do plan the sit down meals and everything after that is up to how we feel. I know we won't see it all. With knowing that comes peace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter