IMPORTANT!! All DCL cruisers please read!!

I am brand new to this sight. I am a seasoned cruiser, but not with Disney. My first Disney Cruise is Sept. 23 on the Disney Wonder. Is anyone else going to be on that cruise? I would love to learn more about the FE and try to get in on that. I also love the idea about decorating the doors. The girls are going to love that.

Thanks.

We are on the 9/23 CA coast cruise too - welcome! Yes, definitely check out our cruise meets thread - just post you want to join the FE, I think it closes 8/23 so everyone can work on getting their gifts. If you are interested in seeing decorated doors, just search on "Disney fish extenders" on google images - you'll see so many amazingly decorated doors. This is our second DCL and last time, we had no idea about FE or door magnets, so we will be prepared this go-round!

We are planning for our first cruise. What kind of magnetic decorations do people tend to use?

We are planning for our first cruise. What kind of magnetic decorations do people tend to use?

There's a thread floating around called "Show off your door" and people posted lots of pictures. I'll see if I can find it.

The 1st time I did it, dh said, "You're not putting this corny____ on our door are you?" By the 2nd day he said, "I love this corny____! It's so easy to find our door.":lmao:

Now he helps me tip toe around and decorate doors of our friends/family cruising with us. :tiptoe::ssst:

Given that we leave home in exactly 48 hours (7 hour drive first) and I'm just learning about magnets, etc, I think post it notes are the way to go for me!

Thanks - first time we are going to try decorating our door!

We went on our first Cruise to Alaska on the Wonder from Sept 3-10 2012 and our first cruise ever! Happy to report that nothing happened to our magnets or fish extender. I must admit I was a bit skeptical reading that sometimes people had their whole fish extender stolen.

Long story short...had a wonderful time and am now hooked. We booked a cruise on the Wonder Sept 28, 2013 out of Galveston. I am looking forward to it and have already begun organizing a meet and greet and list for the fish extender group for that cruise.

I am super excited and must also say it was very fun and enjoyable to be able to meet fellow people and hang out.

:beach:

We've used business card magnets from office supply stores. They're easy to cut to size, sticky side to attach to whatever, and relatively strong. We too have had magnets 'removed' from our door - on the flip side, occasionally stray ones appear!

I've been on a lot of cruise ships and decorated many doors, so I'm a bit lost on the sacred integrity of the door. No offense to fish hangers or magnets, but what's a door w/o door decorations?

I know I saw an email regarding an FE list... You will have to excuse me. My husband had open heart surgery last week and things and I have been a wreck ever since... My question is... Is there a reason why part of our party is on the list but not the rest? Of course, I cannot find the email now...

Thanks!
~Carole

I did not know about decorating doors on our first cruise, I can't wait until this next one:)

Smiley2411 said:
We are going on our first Disney cruise and I am so happy I have learned about decorating the door! Now, time to find the decorating magnets :yay:

Our first cruise as adults (w/kid's), too! We went back in college, but no kids & I didn't have to book the excursions or deal with any of that. I'm thankful to have heard about the door decorating, too! It will be so much easier to find our room. Now if I can figure out how to make them (hoping to have a friend that's computer savvy make them for me--even personalizing them)...and I just have to buy the supplies! We'll see. Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter