IMPORTANT!! All DCL cruisers please read!!

This was our door magnet on the Magic in 09

2009cruise.jpg

LOVE this! Did you make it? I am not to computer savvy. Do you have a template I could try to alter for my daughter and me?

LOVE this! Did you make it? I am not to computer savvy. Do you have a template I could try to alter for my daughter and me?

Sure, here's the blank.
CDBLANKuseArialRoundedFont80pt30pt.jpg

Tom stopped making them a while ago as it began to take up too much of his time so he offered the blanks.
Here's how I made mine. I already had Adobe Photoshop. If you have another program you may not have the same names/options that I used.
For the font I used Arial Rounded. As for size I use 80 pt. for the name on the top line then 30 pt for the town or whatever beneath the name.
Adjust the color to a blue that you like. Once you play around with it you'll get better at it. You can go wrong as long as you don't save a new creation using the same file name as your template.

Sure, here's the blank.
CDBLANKuseArialRoundedFont80pt30pt.jpg

Tom stopped making them a while ago as it began to take up too much of his time so he offered the blanks.
Here's how I made mine. I already had Adobe Photoshop. If you have another program you may not have the same names/options that I used.
For the font I used Arial Rounded. As for size I use 80 pt. for the name on the top line then 30 pt for the town or whatever beneath the name.
Adjust the color to a blue that you like. Once you play around with it you'll get better at it. You can go wrong as long as you don't save a new creation using the same file name as your template.

THANK YOU!! I will get my son working on this for me..... :banana:

Concierge doors on the Fantasy-I'm told they are not magnetic. Does anyone know this? Can they be decorated? I created a bunch of stuff before I heard this rumor but no one has been definite on this. It is all speculative talk! HELP!!!

Concierge doors on the Fantasy-I'm told they are not magnetic. Does anyone know this? Can they be decorated? I created a bunch of stuff before I heard this rumor but no one has been definite on this. It is all speculative talk! HELP!!!

I've read on other threads that the magnets don't stick to the outside of the concierge doors on the Dream, because of the wood veneer, but that they do stick to the inside, so you'll be able to see your magnets while you're in your room.

If you use heavy duty magnets they will stick to the concierge door. We put painters tape on the magnets so they wouldn't scratch the door and still adhere. However, if you are in a room that is near the doors to the outside deck, those magnets will blow right off the door. So don't even try.

Thanks for all the great ideas!! We are cruising for the first time in October.

I used Tom's template, turned out good..added a Canadian flare to it as well. Thanks for making the template availabe to us.

Now - I'm even more psyched for the first cruise. Our family loves to be creative. it's going to be a busy weekend getting magnets ready for our cruise on April 8th!:dance3:

Please also ask DCL guests to kindly refrain from "acquiring" magnetic door decorations from someone else's cabin door. Over the last eight cruises, we've yet to finish a DCL cruise with the same door decorations that we started with.

Many of the magnetic FE's distributed onboard have been personalized ... either with the donor's name, or recipient's name ... so as to reduce or thwart theft. Those which are not personalized are quickly moved to the inside of our stateroom door. It's a shame ... but life happens! :sad:

Our family is going on our 1st ever Disney cruise (yes, I am so excited I can hardly type) in 2 weeks.
We would love to surprise our 3 daughters with decorations for our stateroom door. I have bought magnet paper but I don't know where to get personalized items. I printed off Minnie ears for the door but we would also like something for each of us with our names on it.
Not picky at all of what it might be, so anything someone could make or anywhere someone could suggest I go online for this I would really appreciate it.
Here are the names if someone could make it:
Jason (Dad)
Kathy (ME...Mom)
Kaitlyn (9 years old, girl) very girly
Meghan (8 years old, girl) very athletic, gymnast
Makenzie (2 years old, girl) totally into ALL THINGS MINNIE and MICKEY

I hope someone can help.

Thank you from a Mom trying to make this the best vacation ever for her family.

Kathy

Thank also for posting this. This is my second trip on the DCL and the first time I thought the door decorating was so neat.

Our family is going on our 1st ever Disney cruise (yes, I am so excited I can hardly type) in 2 weeks.
We would love to surprise our 3 daughters with decorations for our stateroom door. I have bought magnet paper but I don't know where to get personalized items. I printed off Minnie ears for the door but we would also like something for each of us with our names on it.
Not picky at all of what it might be, so anything someone could make or anywhere someone could suggest I go online for this I would really appreciate it.
Here are the names if someone could make it:
Jason (Dad)
Kathy (ME...Mom)
Kaitlyn (9 years old, girl) very girly
Meghan (8 years old, girl) very athletic, gymnast
Makenzie (2 years old, girl) totally into ALL THINGS MINNIE and MICKEY

I hope someone can help.

Thank you from a Mom trying to make this the best vacation ever for her family.

Kathy

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2729487 this thread has some great ones already designed and she seems willing to make new ones for your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter