IMPORTANT!! All DCL cruisers please read!!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by WebmasterPete, Apr 2, 2010.

1. donnahill74

donnahill74 Earning My Ears

Great tips! Thanks for sharing!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Flwdwfreak

Flwdwfreak Earning My Ears

Are you sure about this. We were just on the Dream to celebrate my grandparents 50th anniversary and we had 4 rooms next to each other and my sister, being the scraper that she is made all the rooms signs with Disney characters (Ariel, Sebastian, Flounder, Cinderella and Prince Charming) and hung them on the walls using tape and we never got any notice, are cabin steward actually complemented us on our decorations. Maybe some of the staff is just more lenient than others.

4. Chinese mama nancy j

Chinese mama nancy j Earning My Ears

Can someone tell me where you can purchase the magnets to go on the doors. I am going on my second cruise on the Disney fantasy in November and I would like to make magnets for our group. The first cruise in April was totally fab. Our 2 girls had an inside stateroom with the fancy porthole and that was just totally fun to watch the characters in the porthole. Food was much better than most ships also. Thanks for any direction you can give me.

5. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006HN5Q/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

6. Disney Hot Mama

Disney Hot Mama DIS Veteran<br><font color=coral>Onion haters unit

I made mine. Printed off graphics from assorted sites including here on the DIS. Added peel and stick magnets I purchased at Michael's Craft store and we were good to go. I will try to post a photo later. We got home about midnight last night and I am still catching up on emails etc.

7. KarenRLongBeach

KarenRLongBeach Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info

8. DisneyNutts4

DisneyNutts4 Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info!!

9. DisneyNutts4

DisneyNutts4 Earning My Ears

We are going on our first cruise the end of this month. The info here has been very helpful

10. 2MouseMoguls

2MouseMoguls Earning My Ears

We use a bazillion magnets and FE with never an item removed. We do have our names on the best ear decorations in metallic ink. But, all of our little decorations have yet to be molested. It would be a sad trend for this to begin happening. Let's hope there are more of us good guys.

11. summerbelongstoyou

summerbelongstoyou Earning My Ears

My mom made the magnets for our Magic cruise last year. She bought magnet paper, printed out customized Disney characters on paper, Glued the pictures to the magnet paper, then cut them out. We celebrated my birthday on our cruise too and my mom made a magnet that went around our porthole. It was Minnie's ears, with a party hat that said Happy Birthday!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

12. tinkeringbells

tinkeringbells Earning My Ears

The post it note idea is fantastic. We will definitely do a combination of post-its and magnets!

Beth

13. debpintrader

debpintrader Earning My Ears

Our first cruise ever is coming up in November on the Fantasy. Looks like I'll have to reserve some time to go up and down the halls from deck to deck to check out all the decorated doors! I've seen some pictures and some families really go all out!!

14. ruadisneyfan2

Oh, don't worry, you'll do plenty of walking around the ship just doing what you're doing. No need to set time aside for that. ;)

15. tupperware509

tupperware509 Earning My Ears

16. MKwatercraftPilot

MKwatercraftPilot Earning My Ears

Does anyone know the size of the Stateroom number indicator that's on the doors of the Dream? We would love to make ears or something to decorate it, but would hate to have them horribly undersized or oversized.

17. Mog's Mom

Mog's Mom Mickey Fan

7.5 inches.

Rather than make decorations from scratch, you might want to start with the great designs that idrivealumina has made! We first grabbed one two years ago, and more keep getting added to the collection.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891

Happy Cruising!

18. MKwatercraftPilot

MKwatercraftPilot Earning My Ears

Wow, I had no idea, thanks so much! I'll definitely be using one (or more) of these! (Couldn't put a link in my post bc I don't have enough posts, yet)

It saves a lot of time making my own.

19. Tink113sMom

Tink113sMom Mouseketeer

We have found that personalizing our magnets eliminates that problem... just add a name (first, last, or location) and it will be of no use to them and will leave them alone! Good Luck!

~Carole

20. mdube

mdube Earning My Ears

I am brand new to this sight. I am a seasoned cruiser, but not with Disney. My first Disney Cruise is Sept. 23 on the Disney Wonder. Is anyone else going to be on that cruise? I would love to learn more about the FE and try to get in on that. I also love the idea about decorating the doors. The girls are going to love that.

Thanks.

21. ruadisneyfan2

:welcome:

Here's a link to the cruise meets threads.
    http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

Simply find your ship & sail date and you can chat with your fellow cruisers and find out about joining the FE exchange. At some point there is a cut off date so people who are making home made or customized items can start making them.
    Have fun planning! :goodvibes